Questions & Mysteries Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain?

Did the last 2 chapters change your view about the Final Villain of One Piece?

• Yes it did

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • No it didn't

Votes: 55 60.4%
  • Not sure / Undecided

Votes: 20 22.0%

• Total voters
Luffy, the new Joy Boy, and Blackbeard, the new Rocks, will fight each other in Laugh Tale for the PK title. Luffy will make BB see the error of his ways and they will ally to take down the WG, with Imu and the Gorosei as the final villains. Imu might be the natural enemy of Joy Boy ever since the Void Century in which Joy Boy led the D clan against the 20 royal families that founded the WG led by Imu.

Joy Boy and the D clan created the DFs before dying as a last resort to stop the WG in the future. And it worked because that's what allowed Joy Boy to come back and inhabit Luffy's body so he can now finish what he's started through Luffy's strength and will.

Just an idea.

B

Ballel

It might be
Blackbeard=df fight
Imu=Haki fight

Or if Blackbeard nullifies Luffy's Toon Powers he might defeat Blackbeard because of his Haki advantage.

The last chapter didn't change my view on the final villain but on the final fight.
I now fully expect the final fight(s) to turn into a cartoon gag and for Imu to make an Enel face.

There's no real meaning nor stakes to Luffy defeating Blackbeard if it happens after Luffy found the One Piece and became the Pirate King. Blackbeard would be the loser before the confrontation even happened as Luffy achieved his dream where Blackbeard failed. This battle to happen while both are competing over the One Piece.
Or, It was made clear that the war against the WG will only happen after the One Piece and the truth about the real history are discovered.
For Blackbeard to be a fitting final villain, he would have to beat Luffy in the One Piece race and defeat Imu/topple the WG.
Could it happen? Sure. I even think it would be interesting.
Will it happen? Doubt.jpg. I don't think Oda would cuck Luffy out of being the one finding the One Piece and would have introduced Imu 900 chapters into the series just for the World Government to be glorified hype tool to Blackbeard.

Nice write up, but I thought I'd give my own thoughts

I understand that Whitebeard said that the world will be shaken to its core once someone finds the One Piece, but I think that might have a second meaning to it. Rather than the One Piece being so special that its discovery will change the world, couldn't Whitebeard also be saying that anyone who manages to collect all 4 Road Poneglyphs and make it to Laugh Tale has already managed to change the world in doing so? By the time Roger had gotten to Laugh Tale, he had already had a tremendous impact on the world, and Luffy is the same way.

In my opinion, I think Laugh Tale might end up being the final arc of the series. The series is called One Piece, and the main objective has always been the One Piece. Once the main mystery of One Piece is solved, having a 200 chapter war arc after that would feel wrong. To me at least, the One Piece's discovery feels like where the series will end. I'm sure there will be some stuff after that, but I think the Final War will either precede the One Piece's discovery, or the One Piece will be discovered during the war.

But are we really looking at a destiny story though? One Piece's main theme is freedom, and Luffy's entire dream is to be the freest person. On the other hand, Blackbeard is meant to contrast Luffy, and he's a fatalist who believes that fate determines all a person is.

How many times have you seen a story where the bad guy's ideology is meant to be the opposite of the hero's, and then the bad guy turned out to be right? Plus we just had Hawkins vs Killer, and the entire point of that fight was that Hawkins lost because he wasn't willing to challenge fate. Having Luffy destroy the World Government because he was destined to do so would basically be proving Blackbeard/Hawkins right, and I don't think that's going to happen. I understand it may seem like we're going down the "Chosen One" route with the Joyboy thing and the Nika reveal, but I don't think it's going to be played straight.

But, we just had Law and Kid defeat one of the main villains of the series. Sure, Big Mom wasn't the main villain of Wano like she was in Wholecake Island, but she's undoubtedly one of the central villains of the series and she's the Yonko who was antagonistic towards Luffy for the longest. And she was defeated by side characters. It's very possible that Imu/Akainu will get the same treatment with Dragon/Sabo.

Now, I wouldn't like Sabo to be the one to defeat Akainu for example, but it's a real possibility given that something very similar just happened.
You definitely make good points like, it’s all on where Oda wants to take things at the end of the day, Blackbeard or Imu both of them work as the final boss for Luffy.

No. It’s still obviously the antagonistic force that has ruled the world for over 900 years. The one that has had a hand in almost every single atrocity the Strawhats have had to rectify.

Majority of the Strawhats are victims of the evils the WG has directly done or let run rampant: Nami, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbe.

The prophecies have spanned centuries, the crimes were committed long before Blackbeard was even born. The sacrifices made were in the hopes that Strawhat will bring the long-awaited dawn to liberate the world from slavery…not fight a pirate that’s been a rival for 2 years and hasn’t enslaved anyone.

There’s plenty of laughter and fun on Beehive Island. The place where the slaves aren’t laughing is underneath Mariejois.

If that was the case Orochi would be the main villain of Wano and not Kaido.

Orochi is the complete opposite of Luffy, he’s a snivelling, cowardly, weak little rodent who hides behind stronger men, lounges about all day, forces people into slavery and to eat broken devil fruits for his own enjoyment.

He is, pretty obviously, a Celestial Dragon in all but name.

Meanwhile Kaido loves fighting, becomes angry whenever he wins “unfairly”, has a crew devoted to him (Zoro and King swearing the same promise), thought he could be Joy Boy, and a big part of the fight is about how Luffy and him are both having fun fighting.

Who’s the main villain? The strong guy who‘s like Luffy in many ways. Not the pathetic one completely at odds with him. Cause that makes a better fight.
Too simplistic of a view.

First off, no, Orochi is not the complete opposite of Luffy, he is the complete opposite of the Kouzuki within the context of Wa No and samurai and Oden in particular, something Hiyori underlined in her revenge speech recently.
The conflict between Luffy and his values on one hand and Orochi´s on the other has not once been incorporated or underlined.
Him being a sniveling, cowardly weak rodent has no effect in that regard.
And the Kouzuki and Luffy/Joy Boy are not synonymous with each other.

To equate that to the World Government who has been the only constant antagonist and connected to each arc one way or the other (either through history, the prevalent society structure the WG has created, forces of the WG being directly or indirectly involved) is groundless, and who have been, time and time again, have been the driving factor behind Luffy´s opponents, and literally oppose everything that Luffy stands for, cares about, represents or whatever else you want to call it.
Luffy is the personification of freedom, literally underlined even further in the recent chapters with the freedom to fight however you want (regardless of whether it´s a development to compliment), the force that has been oppressing people for centuries is the WG who immediately label anyone who even remotely wants to break out of said societal structure and wants to walk their own path, a criminal.

Since you talked about Kaidou, another factor is also crucial. Compare fights of Luffy vs Kaidou or Katakuri for example, characters that in their own right and way, in some ways conflicting with Luffy´s, tried to achieve their goals and dreams and how Oda developed those fights and Luffy´s demeanor vs antagonists whose primary goal is to take away people´s freedom one way or the other.
It´s literally a competition of people on a particular spectrum of good/bad that still are looking for the same thing, achieving their dream and their form of freedom. And Luffy´s demeanor in those fights mirrors that aspect, something people falsely criticized for Luffy lacking the necessary seriousness since he smiled. But the participants enjoy competing with each other for the same thing.
Now take fights like Luffy vs DD, Luffy vs Croc, Luffy vs Lucci and so forth and look at the change of Luffy´s demeanor, how he approaches the fights, and what he actually articulates.
One meaningful example:

And it´s no coincidence that Luffy says this to someone who both literally and in his values, a CD, someone who has the same disdain for people and their freedom and their dreams as the World Government has.

And i am sorry, at least so far, being a dark version of the same thing just does not have the same relevance thematically.
At best it underlines that the dark version of the protagonist might be the best contender for the thing the like minded people aim for, but all these people in their pursuit are antagonized by the WG as well as the constant that opposes those values.

Now who knows how Oda will develop this further, maybe he might turn Blackbeard toomeone who is literally trying to put the world into darkness or whatever, maybe Luffy beats him for the PK title, but BB gains another power or whatever but right now, it´s by no means what has been shown.

And regarding the Roger+Garp vs Rocks thing, for one at that point Roger, as far as i remember, had no clue about anything regarding the true history. I might be mistaken but i remember that their last voyage took 3 years in order to reach Raftel, and that before they reached the last island before Raftel, and then there learned about Ponegylphs and whatnot, meaning the fight had no background of history and so forth.
On the other hand, i won´t deny the fact that if Roger regarded Rocks as the bigger opponent over the WG, it would legitimize Blackbeard further.

The reason I don't think of WG itself as the main villain is because of what revos are doing too...they are not trying to remove WG but change it. Many times it's been hinted that WG doesn't want trouble and is trying to keep others from knowing about some kind of stuff that will cause trouble. I felt it that way the first time with Ohara(when talking with professor clover to be precise) it felt more like they wished they could have lived their life as is without trying to dig too much and also showed a bit of regret(or disappointment in taking the decision to kill him/them).
It is possible Imu could be a final villain. If so he would be a singular main villain maybe with OP powers. I still think WG just has a different set of idealogy and something to hide in the past to avoid the balance of the world being toppled. And this joyboy/Nika stuff is something that will cause chaos in the world. when you actually think about it the most important players to be playing against WG as a villain are dragon and revos not Luffy/PK stuff.
For that reason I believe what Luffy/One piece final goal connected with will be some kind of event instead. Like in naruto we can say Obito was a villain but the main event to be stopped was the Juubi/Infinite Tsukuyomi.
I think Imu being a villian, ultimately makes the WG villians as well. The WG ultimately comes down to the Gorosei and the Celestial dragons, the other kingdoms are kept in a leash and eliminated when they get out of line. The Gorosei appear to be completely subservient to Imu regardless of whether they show remorse, they are still willing to go on cleanse of the world, and as for the Celestial dragons, they are simply pricks.

The Revolutionary army is set to fail because they are trying to reform the WG just without the Celestial dragons. Oda has shown time and time again through Luffy, that the only way to bring change is to bring everything down and start afresh (e.g. Dressrosa, Arlong park) . As the saying goes: if the something can't bend, it can only be broken.

BB pirates are way way way way too weak to be relevant in that 3 way war.
You need to split up the WG/Marines into 2 factions for there to be a fight and also split up the SHs and Revos efforts
Does not it fit with BB theme? He is an opportunistic.

But, I have stopped predicting Oda, he will somehow manage to make these fights goofy.

Imu will be the final villain.

Blackbeard will be Laugh Tale's antagonist, there's no way these two dont fight for the title of pirate king and who claims the one piece, there is no better time for that fight.

Blackbeard doesn't simply want to become PK. He wants to throw the world into chaos. And Blackbeard is someone to plan far ahead. It's not like some people assume, Blackbeard and Luffy will just meet in Raftel and fight. The fight of Luffy and Blackbeard might as well take place in Marijoa.

Just want to clarify something before I give my thoughts: Luffy does not have one of the most powerful DF's the series. If you ignored all the lore behind it and just look at it for what it is Luffy isn't doing anything particularly overwhelming.

Luffy's Awakening is only really powerful because Luffy himself is really powerful.

That being said, my thoughts on the Final Battle have changed but not because of G5 or the recent chapters. I've just come to the conclusion that there will most likely not be a *single* Villain at the end of all this.

The Final Battle in One Piece will most likely NOT be a 1v1 but rather a Battle Royal.

I started thinking this because of Kaido. Or rather the complaints about him. One of the things people used to complain about was that: if Luffy defeated Kaido 1v1 then who could possibly beat Luffy in a fight after that? The solution is simple. If Luffy can't be beaten in 1v1s? Then don't have the villains fight him 1v1. If Luffy's too strong, the logical response from the Villains would be to team up to take him down. "We can't beat Strawhat by ourselves, and we sure as hell don't wanna fight him 1v1, so how bout we Team up?" Not only would this show how big of a deal Luffy has become but it's also a nice flip on Luffy's ability to bring people together. Luffy's so big now that even his enemies have to form bonds and come together if they want to challenge him.

So we could very well end up in a 1v3 with Luffy Vs Blackbeard, Akainu, and Imu. Or even a complete free for all between Blackbeard, Akainu, Imu, and Luffy.

Oda gave Xebec an ambition beyond the pirate king. Xebec aimed to be the king of the world. Now we have a major antagonist who took Xebec's island, named his ship Saber of Xebec and gathered a crew of famous pirates similar to Xebec =>

Its no coincidence that Blackbeard's hobby is history research (revealed during Zou arc) while Rocks broke many world's taboos. There are many hints to safely say that Blackbeard is following Xebec's footsteps and aiming for the empty throne at Marijoa. Just like Luffy inherited Gol D Roger's will, Blackbeard has inherited the will of another D, Rocks D Xebec. Blackbeard did tell Ace he has plans to be the pirate king. However, he also said at MF, "I feel like I can control the entire world" which fits more with Xebec's ambition to be the king of the world =>

There is a higher possibility of Imu getting a Jewelry Bonney treatment from Blackbeard than Blackbeard being a one arc villain like Kaido/Big Mom before the grand finale.

Too simplistic of a view.

First off, no, Orochi is not the complete opposite of Luffy, he is the complete opposite of the Kouzuki within the context of Wa No and samurai and Oden in particular, something Hiyori underlined in her revenge speech recently.
The conflict between Luffy and his values on one hand and Orochi´s on the other has not once been incorporated or underlined.
Him being a sniveling, cowardly weak rodent has no effect in that regard.
And the Kouzuki and Luffy/Joy Boy are not synonymous with each other.

To equate that to the World Government who has been the only constant antagonist and connected to each arc one way or the other (either through history, the prevalent society structure the WG has created, forces of the WG being directly or indirectly involved) is groundless, and who have been, time and time again, have been the driving factor behind Luffy´s opponents, and literally oppose everything that Luffy stands for, cares about, represents or whatever else you want to call it.
Luffy is the personification of freedom, literally underlined even further in the recent chapters with the freedom to fight however you want (regardless of whether it´s a development to compliment), the force that has been oppressing people for centuries is the WG who immediately label anyone who even remotely wants to break out of said societal structure and wants to walk their own path, a criminal.

Since you talked about Kaidou, another factor is also crucial. Compare fights of Luffy vs Kaidou or Katakuri for example, characters that in their own right and way, in some ways conflicting with Luffy´s, tried to achieve their goals and dreams and how Oda developed those fights and Luffy´s demeanor vs antagonists whose primary goal is to take away people´s freedom one way or the other.
It´s literally a competition of people on a particular spectrum of good/bad that still are looking for the same thing, achieving their dream and their form of freedom. And Luffy´s demeanor in those fights mirrors that aspect, something people falsely criticized for Luffy lacking the necessary seriousness since he smiled. But the participants enjoy competing with each other for the same thing.
Now take fights like Luffy vs DD, Luffy vs Croc, Luffy vs Lucci and so forth and look at the change of Luffy´s demeanor, how he approaches the fights, and what he actually articulates.
One meaningful example:

And it´s no coincidence that Luffy says this to someone who both literally and in his values, a CD, someone who has the same disdain for people and their freedom and their dreams as the World Government has.

And i am sorry, at least so far, being a dark version of the same thing just does not have the same relevance thematically.
At best it underlines that the dark version of the protagonist might be the best contender for the thing the like minded people aim for, but all these people in their pursuit are antagonized by the WG as well as the constant that opposes those values.

Now who knows how Oda will develop this further, maybe he might turn Blackbeard toomeone who is literally trying to put the world into darkness or whatever, maybe Luffy beats him for the PK title, but BB gains another power or whatever but right now, it´s by no means what has been shown.

And regarding the Roger+Garp vs Rocks thing, for one at that point Roger, as far as i remember, had no clue about anything regarding the true history. I might be mistaken but i remember that their last voyage took 3 years in order to reach Raftel, and that before they reached the last island before Raftel, and then there learned about Ponegylphs and whatnot, meaning the fight had no background of history and so forth.
On the other hand, i won´t deny the fact that if Roger regarded Rocks as the bigger opponent over the WG, it would legitimize Blackbeard further.
Give up on your dream of Akainu being Luffy's final opponent, its not happening

Last edited:
B

Ballel

There are too many hints to safely say that Blackbeard is following Xebec's footsteps and aiming for the empty throne at Marijoa. Just like Luffy inherited Gol D Roger's will, Blackbeard has inherited Rocks D Xebec's will. Blackbeard did tell Ace, he has plans to be the pirate king. However, he also said at MF, "I feel like I can control the world" which fits more with Xebec's ambition to be the king of the world.

There is a higher possibility of Imu getting a Jewelry Bonney treatment from Blackbeard than Blackbeard being a one arc villain like Kaido/Big Mom before the grand finale.
This ties in nicely with the theory that Imu was a D.

He isn't the final villain, but literally only Luffy and Im Will be stronger than him in the entire story of the manga, no Lakainu, Laido, Loger, EOS ZoLo.