Powers & Abilities Is Kaido the strongest character?

Do you (still) think that Kaido is the strongest?

• Total voters
So Kaido tied with BM in his own place while we can argue that BM hadn't even Zeus with her, anyway I think that what Oda wanted to do was to show that they are perfectly balanced powerwise or that at least their fight could end with something like Aokiji vs Akainu (but nothing, bar his fishy intro box, suggests that Kaido would be the one coming on top).

Now, are we really sure that all the other top tiers (admirals, other yonkos, Mihawk, Dragon, IM? etc) are all at the very same level as BM and not even a tiny bit stronger, not even one of them (bar BB who will obviously be stronger) even if they come later?

But this is just me, do you (still) believe him being the strongest even after this last fight?

I

Inspector_Mu

Yes he is and will remain
Post automatically merged:

L
After Oda revealed he was scarred by someone who Zoro will probably surpass this arc , i think no .

Unless he convince me again later
Yeah Oden who impressed Kaido WB Roger was below Zoro...
The dude who had CoC and was prepared for his strength is gonna be below Post wano lol

Oden>WB Navy
They suck, couldn't even scar Kaido

Yeah Oden who impressed Kaido WB Roger was below Zoro...
The dude who had CoC and was prepared for his strength is gonna be below Post wano lol

Oden>WB Navy
They suck, couldn't even scar Kaido
Yes , Zoro prob gonna surpass him this arc

He didn't necessarily impress Roger and WB with his strength , was it blatantly stated ?

It was probably Oden's strongest attack i admit . But i think dude will be weaker or equal to post Wano Zoro .... if Oden could give him big deep cut across lower chest to waist like it then monsters like Akainu and Mihawk could do more

I guess he got captured several times by Navy when he's drunk / sleeping .

If he ever came to Marine HQ then i guess Akainu Aokiji Kizaru destroyed him ..... yes none of their attacks left a scar but they still have their Awakened attacks ..... Kaido should try to taste one of their Awakened attacks if he really wanted to die

Good 9 people see it nw, been sayin it for more than a year now and almost all will change by the time Kaidou gets his ass kicked to him to these rookies.

Bt i disagree with BM clash being a good reason for it. Without actually fighting and in a simple clash Oda wouldn't have favoured one Yonkou above other. As Top tiers they were prone to clash equally.

Kaidou i believe simply is Strongest in Physical power, and if not the key is still that he is only rumoured to be WSC, not in actuality. So either it is either Im Sama, whose PL could be unknown to people or someone like Dragon that people have not watched fight for years that Oda added this uncertainty part.

I've been fighting this notion of Kaido being confirmed the strongest character by the narrator since I joined OJ.

Kaido was never ever confirmed to be the strongest, he's amongst the strongest, but was he acknowledged by even top tiers to be the most powerful individual? Never.

In comparison Whitebeard is still getting called the world's strongest man by databooks and that past his death.

- He's the yonkou with most confirmed losses and was captured god knows how often.
- He's the only yonkou allied with a country of warriors for the past 20 years and still hasn't managed to surpass even an Old, sick Newgate.

And now Big mom is stale mating, no sign of worry while being in his territory, having a smile on her face despite not being able to use Zeus or prometheus.

Bogard

You can't win
I used to doubt Kaido's title myself but the thing that convinced me he is really the strongest is Oda's reply in the SBS

In a question where it was asked if a mother was stronger than Akainu, Oda used his title to justify a mother is even stronger than Kaido, let alone Akainu

That was the moment i was sure his title was legit. With that said, i have an exception to that title. It's Blackbeard. Unlike the other top tiers, he is in the worst generation, who keeps improving, was already a yonko a year ago.

I suspect he grew even stronger with an additional year, but just like when people weren't accepting him as a yonko until he overwhelmed Marco, i believe Oda is waiting for Blackbeard next demonstration of power to show he is actually the strongest character currently, but since it's speculative as of yet, i place him in a tie position with Kaido right now

My first reply in the website

for me, yes he most likely is (excluding characters who hide in the shadows, the likes if Im-sama or others who Oda might reveal to be strongest in history not just one from one era)

As for the Big Mom tied with him, I would be disappointed if any of 4 yonko lost during 1 single night to get overwhelmed during their skirmish!

Regardless whether Kaido is strongest or not, 4 yonko are supposed to stand close to each others in strength to a point that allows them to have an equal fight for MANY DAYS

Otherwise, they are a joke, and fights like Ace - Jinbe that took 5 days, or admirals that took 10 days would make Yonko look rediculous!

So, look at it in the same manner as Akainu vs Aokiji!

Kaido and Big Mom imo the result of the fight would be Kaido winning imo BUT it would take a whole lot of difficulty to achieve it, and many days!

So, I think most people in their ranking now put Akainu above Aokiji in strength, BUT the fight was almost equal and lasted for 10 days, but in the end, Akainu got the better edge and won.

Any yonko getting overwhelmed fast would only put shame on the title of Yonko

As for Big Mom not having Zeus or Prometheus, let's all remember that she is a paramecia user, while Kaido is a Zoan, meaning he didn't go to hybrid form as well! So he held back as well

Regarding Oden injury to him, first we need to consider those factors:

1- How strong is Oden! It is obvious Oda love to wank Roger's crew! In fact, based on what Jinbe stated about "crew member of future pirate king shouldn't be intimidated by a Yonko" only adds to Oda's mentality and how he pictures the crew members of pirate king at their prime and they reached the peak of strength could actually face a Yonko head on. Specially the top tiers fighters of the crew.

2- How strong was Kaido 20 years ago, was he a yonko already? close to them? maybe less? no one knows. people downplay Kaido for an event 20 years ago, when Blackbeard was damaged by a pre-timeskip level Luffy Jet Pistol and screamed in pain!

So, you gotta factor both, Oden and Kaido's level

and if Oden anywhere close to Rayleigh in level (I think he's slightly below Rayleigh) then I am expecting the same result with all other Yonko where Oden would have damaged them as well

My first reply in the website

for me, yes he most likely is (excluding characters who hide in the shadows, the likes if Im-sama or others who Oda might reveal to be strongest in history not just one from one era)

As for the Big Mom tied with him, I would be disappointed if any of 4 yonko lost during 1 single night to get overwhelmed during their skirmish!

Regardless whether Kaido is strongest or not, 4 yonko are supposed to stand close to each others in strength to a point that allows them to have an equal fight for MANY DAYS

Otherwise, they are a joke, and fights like Ace - Jinbe that took 5 days, or admirals that took 10 days would make Yonko look rediculous!

So, look at it in the same manner as Akainu vs Aokiji!

Kaido and Big Mom imo the result of the fight would be Kaido winning imo BUT it would take a whole lot of difficulty to achieve it, and many days!

So, I think most people in their ranking now put Akainu above Aokiji in strength, BUT the fight was almost equal and lasted for 10 days, but in the end, Akainu got the better edge and won.

Any yonko getting overwhelmed fast would only put shame on the title of Yonko

As for Big Mom not having Zeus or Prometheus, let's all remember that she is a paramecia user, while Kaido is a Zoan, meaning he didn't go to hybrid form as well! So he held back as well

Regarding Oden injury to him, first we need to consider those factors:

1- How strong is Oden! It is obvious Oda love to wank Roger's crew! In fact, based on what Jinbe stated about "crew member of future pirate king shouldn't be intimidated by a Yonko" only adds to Oda's mentality and how he pictures the crew members of pirate king at their prime and they reached the peak of strength could actually face a Yonko head on. Specially the top tiers fighters of the crew.

2- How strong was Kaido 20 years ago, was he a yonko already? close to them? maybe less? no one knows. people downplay Kaido for an event 20 years ago, when Blackbeard was damaged by a pre-timeskip level Luffy Jet Pistol and screamed in pain!

So, you gotta factor both, Oden and Kaido's level

and if Oden anywhere close to Rayleigh in level (I think he's slightly below Rayleigh) then I am expecting the same result with all other Yonko where Oden would have damaged them as well
Actually the BM vs Kaido clash lasted at least 3 days (now I'm not sure if 3 or 4, maybe even 2 XD), in the last chapter you can see the days passing by lookijg at the boxes, and after that we have them making the announce.

Plus, at least for me, what is becoming stronger and stronger, there were already many hints at this, is that Kaido and BM have the same powerlevel and this is what thier tie underlined. There is also the sky splitter innuendo to Shanks clashing with WB. But that was WB, these are just Kaido and BM.

Actually the BM vs Kaido clash lasted at least 3 days (now I'm not sure if 3 or 4, maybe even 2 XD), in the last chapter you can see the days passing by lookijg at the boxes, and after that we have them making the announce.

Plus, at least for me, what is becoming stronger and stronger, there were already many hints at this, is that Kaido and BM have the same powerlevel and this is what thier tie underlined. There is also the sky splitter innuendo to Shanks clashing with WB. But that was WB, these are just Kaido and BM.
I have no reason to think that Kaido and BM wouldn't have been able to clash equally with WB like Shanks did. I am pretty certain that they would have been able of doing the same.

Also, there is something regarding the whole "if it's one on one, bet on Kaido"

I seem to find people misunderstanding this statement by saying "this means Kaido will win if it's one on one fight, right?"

And the answer is NOOO

What people keep missing is a keyword "bet"

Betting is a gample! It's a game of chances!

And when it's a gample, that means you could be strongest overall, but you can STILL lose even in a 1 vs 1 fight!

Cause it's a game of probabilities!

So, basically, Kaido simply has more probability of coming out of 1 vs 1 fight as a winner, HOWEVER, he can still lose EVEN if it's a solo fight! And we got to understand that todays loser could be tomorrow's winner and vice versa. Nothing is put as a fact, Oda just stated probabilities of victories and defeat here, NOT about who would SURELY win

It's the same as Hawkins probability cards, Luffy's survival chance was 19 percent, meaning his death chances is 81 percent!

Think of 81 as Kaido, and 19 as Luffy! The bet is on Kaido here, it's the most likely winning bet of this gamble, but in the end, a gamble is a gamble, and tables can be turned, and 19 percent can prevail and win against the 81

I hope it's clear

I have no reason to think that Kaido and BM wouldn't have been able to clash equally with WB like Shanks did. I am pretty certain that they would have been able of doing the same.
Maybe, but there is also a chance that:

1) Since Shanks is a foundamental character for the plot of One piece. He is there since chapter 1 as the inspiration for Luffy, was the one who stopped Marineford with an overwhelming (also we still don't know how he stopped Kaido and arrived right after to Marineford).

2) Now we are exploring in full detail Kaido and BM and all that is related to them, yet Shanks is still there as an almost total mistery despite Shanks (or BB, or Mihawk, or even Dragon) is there from the beginning (so their were even present in the original project while characters like Kaido were introduced later and got even his face replaced).

3) Shanks must likely already know what the One piece is and how to reach it but for some reason he doesn't seem to care (like WB) plus while we have other yonkos like Kaido, BM and BB who are madly trying to become stronger it seems that, apparently, Shanks is staying still. What is this supposed to mean?

To sum up, imo there are good chances that in the end Shanks is the strongest yonko (bar BB who will reach and surpass him in order to become a good final villain).

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
But admirals aren't stronger than yonko 1v1 :cheers:

That's saying Fuji would beat BM or Kizaru would beat Shanks, no proof for that
Well A) There's no proof that Yonko can defeat Admirals 1v1

B) Fujitora has far, far better feats in Dressrosa than both Kaido and Big Mom have currently. And Fujitora was holding back the entire time too.

I

Inspector_Mu

Yes , Zoro prob gonna surpass him this arc

He didn't necessarily impress Roger and WB with his strength , was it blatantly stated ?

It was probably Oden's strongest attack i admit . But i think dude will be weaker or equal to post Wano Zoro .... if Oden could give him big deep cut across lower chest to waist like it then monsters like Akainu and Mihawk could do more

I guess he got captured several times by Navy when he's drunk / sleeping .

If he ever came to Marine HQ then i guess Akainu Aokiji Kizaru destroyed him ..... yes none of their attacks left a scar but they still have their Awakened attacks ..... Kaido should try to taste one of their Awakened attacks if he really wanted to die
Lol... They still failed to damage him...
I'm just using your logic
Oden>every top tier