General & Others Is this the biggest asspull in the series?

For me, the answer is very simple :

Luffy can heal through food and rapidely simply because he thinks that food can heal him

Remember that Luffy's devil fruit is not common. It shapes reality itself. The power of Nika is the power of imagination. Therefore, as long as Luffy thinks that something is possible, he can't materialize it or make it possible.

If Luffy thinks that by getting his blood flowing he can't become stronger, he can creates G2
If Luffy thinks that he can get the power of a giant by blowing into his finger, he can creates G3
If Luffy thinks that he can become even stronger by mixing air and Haki in his muscle, he can creates G4
If Luffy thinks he can regenerate by eating food, he can regenerate by eating food
If Luffy thinks he only needs a nap to heal, he will only need a nap
If Luffy thinks that he can burn calories just by running 50 meters, he can do it
If Luffy thinks he can create fire through friction IN WATER, he will create fire in water

Luffy's power has only ONE limit : Luffy's imagination. That's his biggest strenght and his biggest weakness.

Because Luffy do not believe that he is invisible.
Luffy do not believe that his power are a shortcut.

So

When Luffy thinks that G2 is out, he is weakenned.
When Luffy thinks that G3 is out, he will stretch all the way back to become small
When Luffy thinks that G4 is out, he won't be able to move a muscle
When Luffy thinks that G5 is out, he will become old (the opposite of childhood wonder that is G5)
When Luffy thinks he reached his limit, he won't be able to move

Its all about Luffy's imagination and he thought power. At least, that's my interpretation.

As I explained in this THREAD, the fruit of Luffy was ALWAYS about imagination. Luffy was able to change his reality but also possibily the reality of his environment.

So, the reason why Luffy can recover so fast is not an asspull. Its in reality the testimony of the amazing narration of Oda and the existence of Luffy's ability.

It happens if it needs to..... Even zoro got some random sensu beans BS....

Sad thing is sanji spent two years learning to cook stuff which quickly energized people..... All oda had to do was use that skill and have him create some quick protein bar like stuff which will help them last longer :whitepress:

Even zoro got some random sensu beans BS....
This is - for me - the one mistake of Oda in Wano.
He probably waited until the last moment to find a way to make Zoro recover. Thus, he couldn't plant the drug properly in the story when the moment came which made it look like an "a*spull"

I think Oda had a moment of panic on this chapter or was simply too overhelmed by the amount of informations he had to deal with. This is a mistake he usually never makes.

He probably waited until the last moment to find a way to make Zoro recover. Thus, he couldn't plant the drug properly in the story when the moment came which made it look like an "a*spull"

I think Oda had a moment of panic on this chapter or was simply too overhelmed by the amount of informations he had to deal with. This is a mistake he usually never makes.
Usually I am ok with recovering quickly with food and stuff...... But not in important fights that too during the fight....such decisions are very unprofessional work and lazy.

Usually I am ok with recovering quickly with food and stuff...... But not in important fights that too during the fight....such decisions are very unprofessional work and lazy.
Unprofessional, no. Its simply not Oda like.

In reality, you will find those kind of mistakes in MOST manga and hollywood stories.

The reason why its so surprising in One Piece is because that's a mistake Oda never makes. But one little mistake that can be forgotten easily in so many chapters is not really that important

That is some serious glazing.

Also, it's not the mistake you think it is. The actual hack job was finding a way to get Zoro off the roof in a believable way so Luffy can get his 1v1 for the usual copy paste arc conclusion. That was the purpose of Ocean Sovereignty. Mink cum is only a further band-aid on that to get him moving to down King.

Yes, this was a real writing mistake. I stand by what I said.

This is not a mistake and not a problem.
This isn't rocket science and only requires looking 1 level deeper than the surface-level issue of the mink drug. It's an asspull solution to an arbitrarily manufactured problem. Remove the premise of the problem and you don't need to make up a deus ex machina item to address it.

This isn't rocket science and only requires looking 1 level deeper than the surface-level issue of the mink drug. It's an asspull solution to an arbitrarily manufactured problem. Remove the premise of the problem and you don't need to make up a deus ex machina item to address it.
Again, there was no problem with the leaving of Zoro from the Rooftop or the fact that Zoro was at deathdoor. It was necessary and well done.

The problem is the drug, nothing else.

Don’t forget he also is being carried by Joy boy haki ever since he died in Wano. Zunesha was so glad and relieved when he sensed joy boy haki again. The ancient robot woke up from its centuries long sleep to protect its former master that is what you call being truly carried in every way :milaugh:

For someone who writes walls of texts, this is a surprisingly short-sighted NPC response.
Because for once, the problem is very simple. Its a simple lack of planting. Nothing more. Its a matter of one panel that is missing on Zou or early Wano. A clear narrative mistake, but not a very problematic one.

AFAIK there is no set rule for haki blooming, it is just that it needs extreme situations. There is also no degree to how much haki blooms.
Does haki bloom at the end of fight or during certain moments in it?
Does haki bloom when you are using it or it gets stronger passively?

Which of the 5 SN got haki blooms in RT fight and what were those moments?

Unprofessional, no. Its simply not Oda like.

In reality, you will find those kind of mistakes in MOST manga and hollywood stories.

The reason why its so surprising in One Piece is because that's a mistake Oda never makes. But one little mistake that can be forgotten easily in so many chapters is not really that important
It is unprofessional because they know it's bad decision but are still doing it to cut corners and not spend time. In my profession if I do something like cutting corners just because I don't know much... I would be reprimanded and asked to correct immediately by whoever reviews my work... This is something oda is abusing... He knows series at a point where criticisms or any bad PR won't affect it much.