Character Discussion "Kaido, the strongest pirate" - how valid are characters statements?

> BB telling WB he got old and couldn't even defend a single crewmate

This statement itself shows that he didnt think of WB being at the top anymore.

> Akainu telling WB he cannot beat old age

And thus aknowledging that he is weaker than his past self.
> WB calling Garp a feeble old soldier and Akainu saying WB belongs to the same generation, thus implying the same is for WB

Same here.

The Ace novel itself specificed that WB is the strongest for the way he lived, he was the freest, his legacy was astronomical and he was a living legend. Titles remain even after you decline.
That's not necessarily the case. BB thinking that WB got weaker doesn't mean he thought anyone else was stronger. In fact, after taking WB's fruit he declared himself to be the strongest. That indicates he did in fact think WB was still at the top.

The same goes for Big Mom even after WB died, she still placed him above the rest. Then there's Doflamingo who witnessed WB's power for himself and still stated he was the closest thing to the Pirate King and stopped anyone else from claiming it.

The praise that Oda gives Whitebeard is practically unparalleled in the manga. People can protest about his age or health, but narratively speaking there is no question about his status.

As long as the same people who are pushing Killer’s statement also agree 100% with Mihawk’s title, I have no problem with it. It’s the inconsistencies that bother me (like I mentioned above)
I agree that there is a lot of inconsistency, from both Yonko fans and Admiral/Sword fans. There’s plenty of room in the world for Kaido being the strongest and Mihawk being the strongest swordsman.

More importantly, I took the time to find those Nami thot pics that you were looking for and you didn’t even reply to my PM. How rude.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
I agree that there is a lot of inconsistency, from both Yonko fans and Admiral/Sword fans. There’s plenty of room in the world for Kaido being the strongest and Mihawk being the strongest swordsman.

More importantly, I took the time to find those Nami thot pics that you were looking for and you didn’t even reply to my PM. How rude.
My B, I was at work when I saw the PM :neesama:

Nothing you attitude was just coming off rude, in the discussion. Since i'm assuming you're actually serious when having the discussion, if you're just fucking around, this'll be the last post then.
Wasn’t my intention to come off as rude, I apologize if you felt that I was rude. I just like using emojis lol, I find them cute.

That being said we disagree on the Shichibukai topic so let’s just agree to disagree.

That's not necessarily the case. BB thinking that WB got weaker doesn't mean he thought anyone else was stronger. In fact, after taking WB's fruit he declared himself to be the strongest. That indicates he did in fact think WB was still at the top.

The same goes for Big Mom even after WB died, she still placed him above the rest. Then there's Doflamingo who witnessed WB's power for himself and still stated he was the closest thing to the Pirate King and stopped anyone else from claiming it.

The praise that Oda gives Whitebeard is practically unparalleled in the manga. People can protest about his age or health, but narratively speaking there is no question about his status.
You missed the point. WB himself thought he was not in fact the strongest anymore. He is his best judge and no one else.

BB gaining hif df and declaring himself the strongest is in relation to the fruit itself and not WB's status prior to his death.

BM was talking about the past(more than 10 years ago when Lola was in WCI), therefore i fail to see your point.

Doffy witnessed it and then was talking about Primebeard when he was talking about the throne wars. He witnessed WB's power in MF and was laughing, he heard one mention of Kaido and went pale.

Like i dont get how you bringing me exactly what i said he had, which is being a huge legend and unpralalelled achievements( which is what the Ace novel says, he is the strongest for the way he lived) and then say that MF WB was still the strongest when the man himself said he's not.
Post automatically merged:

He does have the highest bounty, suggesting great skill at piracy. That’s a great point :zehaha:

Edit: not to mention how he escaped imprisonment 18 times.
Kaido can be my daddy

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
This statement itself shows that he didnt think of WB being at the top anymore.
No it means he thinks WB is weaker than he used to be.

And thus aknowledging that he is weaker than his past self.
> WB calling Garp a feeble old soldier and Akainu saying WB belongs to the same generation, thus implying the same is for WB

Same here.
That's what I said. But weaker than he used to be =/= not the strongest pirate anymore.

The Ace novel itself specificed that WB is the strongest for the way he lived, he was the freest, his legacy was astronomical and he was a living legend. Titles remain even after you decline.
We are talking about the world's strongest pirate, not the WSM. WSP is not even a title, as are WSM, WSS and etc.

How come you left out the panel of Marco saying Whitebeard’s health is declining with a background image of Whitebeard taking off his IV system in the background? That’s a major piece of the context, don’t you think?
How does this address what I've said? Yes WB grew weaker, I've showed that and said that, and yet he was called the world's strongest pirate, and Sengoku after witnessing such a performance of WB still thought he was at the top of the pirate world.
The difference between Whitebeard and Kaido’s situation is that Marco and Whitebeard disagree with Whitebeard being the strongest without his IV system.
Marco never stated that. He just stated WB's health is deteriorating. WB on death's door admitted he can't be the strongest forever. Which makes sense.

Whitebeard with his IV system could react to Ace in his sleep and generate CotC/CoA powerful enough to split the heavens with Shanks to being unable to dodge anyones attacks, cant use CotC, and constantly getting heart attacks and struggling to use CoA sometimes.
WB reacting in his sleep to Ace happened a long time ago. It was still during the period where Ace wanted to kill WB. A long time has passed since then, during which Ace was integrated into the crew, bonded with them, proved himself, was offered a position as a division leader, left the ship in pursuit of Teach.
WB never struggled using his haki. The only time he wanted to use COC was when Ace was about to be executed, but he had a heart attack and was unable to.

Meanwhile we have not received any statements from Kaido or anyone else questioning his placement as the strongest nor have we seen anything in the manga feat wise to question his place as number 1, fortunately for all Kaido fans, Oden is dead.
We haven't. But we have received direct statements by Oda and Sengoku that MF was the strongest pirate. Notice how Oda didn't call him the world's strongest man then, rather went with pirate. Why are you questioning that? And at the same time believing Killer's words? Wasn't the popular opinion that Killer is retarded now?

Anyways my Yonko ranking is:

1) Whitebeard with his IV System
2) Kaido
3) Shanks
4) Big Mom/Blackbeard
5) Whitebeard without his IV system
So you disagree with Oda. WB that arrived in MF was WB without his IV system. WB that arrived in MF was the WB in MF volume covers that is called the world's strongest pirate. Why is it that Killer's word holds more weight for you than Oda's direct input and Sengoku's word?

You missed the point. WB himself thought he was not in fact the strongest anymore. He is his best judge and no one else.

BB gaining hif df and declaring himself the strongest is in relation to the fruit itself and not WB's status prior to his death.

BM was talking about the past(more than 10 years ago when Lola was in WCI), therefore i fail to see your point.

Doffy witnessed it and then was talking about Primebeard when he was talking about the throne wars. He witnessed WB's power in MF and was laughing, he heard one mention of Kaido and went pale.

Like i dont get how you bringing me exactly what i said he had, which is being a huge legend and unpralalelled achievements( which is what the Ace novel says, he is the strongest for the way he lived) and then say that MF WB was still the strongest when the man himself said he's not.
Post automatically merged:

Kaido can be my daddy
No. Whitebeard never said that anyone else was stronger than him. He simply acknowledged he couldn't hold on to the title forever which implicitly suggests he did in fact believe he was the strongest and that someone would eventually succeed him....but not until he laid down his sword and fulfilled his goal. He still kept shouting "I am Whitebeard!" throughout the war.

BB believed the fruit determined who was the strongest, so seeing as how gaining it made him the strongest, then whoever had it before him would naturally be the previous strongest.

Doffy was talking about WB right up to his death because no one took the throne before that. If it were just "Primebeard" then somebody else would have been standing before or even sitting on the throne already. Doffy could laugh at Marineford because WB was not directly targeting him and was by every indication going to die there. Kaido would certainly show no mercy if he were to come after Doffy.

That line was officially, "Once a pirate, always a pirate" akin to "Once a cheater, always a cheater", "Once a fighter, always a fighter", "Once a soldier, always a soldier".

Meaning even though somebody has stopped being a cheater/fighter/soldier, they'll still always retain those traits. Which is what Smoker was referring to (I forget which Warlord it was, but was either Law or Crocodile), that they were once a pirate, thus they'll continuing acting like pirates. This is Smoker's personal belief, as well as the belief of any major marines.

However, this very point means that the Warlords officially are not recognized as pirates, aka criminals.

Yes Killer's statement was good for Shanks/Big Mom/Any other major known pirate out there. But it would not TECHNICALLY apply to Blackbeard or the Warlords (Buggy/Weevil/etc). Now whether Killer was including the Warlords, I don't know.
We both know what Smoker meant, and the admirals and other high-ranked marines with enough awareness too when they qualified the Warlords as pirates too.

It doesn't matter if you freeze their bounties and make them official subordinates of the WG because the Warlords have never stopped being pirates in their activities, behavior and heart. And everyone who think otherwise is as naive as Tashigi was until Smoker corrected her about what Warlords truly were.

Killer's statement applies to all pirates in the world whenever they are simple pirates, supernovas, warlords or Emperors.

No it means he thinks WB is weaker than he used to be.

That's what I said. But weaker than he used to be =/= not the strongest pirate anymore.

We are talking about the world's strongest pirate, not the WSM. WSP is not even a title, as are WSM, WSS and etc.

How does this address what I've said? Yes WB grew weaker, I've showed that and said that, and yet he was called the world's strongest pirate, and Sengoku after witnessing such a performance of WB still thought he was at the top of the pirate world.

Marco never stated that. He just stated WB's health is deteriorating. WB on death's door admitted he can't be the strongest forever. Which makes sense.

WB reacting in his sleep to Ace happened a long time ago. It was still during the period where Ace wanted to kill WB. A long time has passed since then, during which Ace was integrated into the crew, bonded with them, proved himself, was offered a position as a division leader, left the ship in pursuit of Teach.
WB never struggled using his haki. The only time he wanted to use COC was when Ace was about to be executed, but he had a heart attack and was unable to.

We haven't. But we have received direct statements by Oda and Sengoku that MF was the strongest pirate. Notice how Oda didn't call him the world's strongest man then, rather went with pirate. Why are you questioning that? And at the same time believing Killer's words? Wasn't the popular opinion that Killer is retarded now?

So you disagree with Oda. WB that arrived in MF was WB without his IV system. WB that arrived in MF was the WB in MF volume covers that is called the world's strongest pirate. Why is it that Killer's word holds more weight for you than Oda's direct input and Sengoku's word?
You missed the part where i said that WB himself, the best judge of his own strength, plainly stated in an internal monologue and bellieve that he wasnt the strongest anymore/cant be the strongest forever. Ill take his statement over what other people say/think

And, as i said, title remain no matter how weak you get until you get supplanted. That is all.

Im gonna assume Kaido got the title once WB died and his title was up for grabs.

Example, Zoro gets strong enough to beat mihawk but until mihawk loses he is still the WSS and when he does/dies then it transfers over.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
We both know what Smoker meant, and the admirals and other high-ranked marines with enough awareness too when they qualified the Warlords as pirates too.

It doesn't matter if you freeze their bounties and make them official subordinates of the WG because the Warlords have never stopped being pirates in their activities, behavior and heart. And everyone who think otherwise is as naive as Tashigi was until Smoker corrected her about what Warlords truly were.

Killer's statement applies to all pirates in the world whenever they are simple pirates, supernovas, warlords or Emperors.
Thats proving you wrong even more. Mihawk doesnt do what pirates do. Nor did he keep doing "pirate activities" heck his vc says he just sailed for fun.