Powers & Abilities Misconception about Roc moves

If you don't longer want to discuss shut up.
I'm just saying Luffy's moves got different names after he learned basica armament, so we can assume Roc moves are also different because he learned ACoA
No, we can't lol, I just told you why. They don't change in Gear 4. They also didn't change between AdvCoA (Chapter 1000/ Red Roc) and AdvCoC (Chapter 1026+1027/ Roc Gun/Roc Gatling).

You can also just literally compare the size of Luffy's fists relative to his body.

In Roc, the fists are only about size of Luffy himself:

Elephant Gun, it's several times larger than him:

No, we can't lol, I just told you why. They don't change in Gear 4. They also didn't change between AdvCoA (Chapter 1000/ Red Roc) and AdvCoC (Chapter 1026+1027/ Roc Gun/Roc Gatling).

You can also just literally compare the size of Luffy's fists relative to his body.

Can you understand that pattern I told you about Luffy's named attack changing after he learned CoA and now it seems it changed because of ACoA?

And we have Luffy's Elephant Gun vs Page One at chapter 983 that seems Roc Attacks size not like other elephant guns.

I showed u a elephant gun that s barely bigger than luffy

Yeah, I know. Can't argue against Oda inconsistency
No it's just funny because Luffy uses Elephant Gun 3 times in Onigashina like the other brick wall @L55 keeps trying to bring up regarding size after mastering AdvCoA, and yet you guys sit here and try and refute the clear examples Ive given of "Roc" being about size/speed.

@L55 cherry picks one small panel example of Luffy using Elephant gun to argue his point (even though Oda didn't even draw basically anything so there's nothing to talk about).

You on the otherhand can't understand perspective or what I just said above. Elephant gun in the Page 1 example is further from Luffy, when you draw with depth, you have to make something further away, smaller.

Last edited:
Trying to base anything from the size of Elephant Gun is a losing argument imo.
It went from being Kraken head size to getting size mogged by katakuri's version.

Read the OP please, you can still see Luffy's arms with Elephant Gatling and there's no steam or sense of speed.

Roc Gatling he has no arms and generates the Gear 2nd shockwave clouds.
Post automatically merged:

You can see the shape of the arm with the fist. It's much slower.

Compare that to Roc Gun or Roc Gatling, not the same.
its an elephant gun dumbass like roc attacks

No it's just funny because Luffy uses Elephant Gun 3 times in Onigashina like the other brick wall @L55 keeps trying to bring up regarding size after mastering AdvCoA, and yet you guys sit here and try and refute the clear examples Ive given of "Roc" being about size/speed.

@L55 cherry picks one small panel example of Luffy using Elephant gun to argue his point (even though Oda didn't even draw basically anything so there's nothing to talk about).

You on the otherhand can't understand perspective or what I just said above. Elephant gun in the Page 1 example is further from Luffy, when you draw with depth, you have to make something further away, smaller.
I don't know what is your willing with this thread. If you really wants to explain or just want to be right over the others.

All I'm trying to do is understanding Oda's mess since he is not explaning anything and we are completely lost about what powers Luffy is using, Kaido is using. What can or not hurt both.

Like I said, Elephant Gun against P1 is significantly smaller than what he is using against Kraken for example. Maybe bigger than Roc's attacks but still diferent.

I agree that all the Rocs attacks are G2 and G3 combined but to argue that Elephant Gun is bigger than the other attacks is nonsense because Oda is way inconsistent with it's size, it is as big as he wants and the same will go for the Roc attacks it's madness to try and find a pattern if the author is known for his inconsistency with size.

Goddamn insanely well spotted. I was really confused about Roc moves before since I thought it was just the same thing under a different name, but this actually makes so much sense and it's such a subtle and great improvement to Luffy's fighting style. Huge props.

Actually insane how Oda can still find ways like this to improve on Luffy's fruit and combat style after so long, while also not explaining them at all and letting the reader figure it out through combat.

Do you think theres a chance Gear stacking was used against Fuji in DR as well?
I know 1 of the criteria was the arm not being illustrated to symbolize speed, but it's drawn here against Yamato and I feel like this is definitely one of the more obvious instances
Not to mention later on the size of the inflated fist Luffy uses against Fuji is much smaller and more manageable, so a speed boosts seems rather fitting
And to the power scalers, this could be why Fuji had trouble avoiding the attack all together

All in all tho, you've convinced me, I completely agree with your reasoning

Yes i noticed that in this chapter as well, wasn't sure before but now Oda really showcases that Luffy's using G2 as well.

Glad that Base Luffy is going strong. Now it looks like going G4 is even too much of a risk