Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
@Seth prime afo btw cant even beat hawks and tokoyami but went toe to toe with all might :suresure:
This manga is not normal anymore.

Prime AFO and Prime All Might would rekt Japan in the process.

Fuck this shit bruh...

Surprised AFO doesn't have a quirk he can flashbang with.

And I know he's not done but I hope he gets at least one kill in this fight. I don't even think the twice clones have taken out a single hero...

Seth

โ€Ž
Was it ever normal though? :milaugh:
There was always corniness and cheesiness in MHA since the beginning. Although the story itself wasn't that bad and the decisions Hori was making were let's say okay.

Everything fell apart after the Overhaul arc which was probably the "peak" of MHA. Now check when the Overhaul arc happened and count the chapters since then.

It can be considered a tragedy.

Disclaimer!

Fuck you Jazz and don't quote me on this. I know you disagree and that you think Hori makes good decisions still.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
There was always corniness and cheesiness in MHA since the beginning. Although the story itself wasn't that bad and the decisions Hori was making were let's say okay.

Everything fell apart after the Overhaul arc which was probably the "peak" of MHA. Now check when the Overhaul arc happened and count the chapters since then.

@JazzMazz do you have any thoughts on this?

Disclaimer!

Fuck you Jazz and don't quote me on this. I know you disagree and that you think Hori makes good decisions still.
A little fun fact I know: The concept that Hori originally had in mind for MHAโ€™s final battle was repurposed for the movie (Heroes Rising I think).

To be honest, I think the fandom ruined the series. Toxic fans and shippers (the shippers ughhh), people threatening him for not doing something they wanted him to do, etc.

I donโ€™t think itโ€™s completely bad, but itโ€™s definitely not anywhere near what it once was. I think it couldโ€™ve been a much better story if he was able to write it at his own pace. Itโ€™s a shame. :catcry:

Iโ€˜m given the impression that he intended for the series to end much sooner.

Seth

โ€Ž
To be honest, I think the fandom ruined the series. Toxic fans and shippers (the shippers ughhh), people threatening him for not doing something they wanted him to do, etc.
I do not approve of shit like that and yeah shippers are fucked up. If there is any interaction between 2 random characters in the chapter expect MHA's reddit to flood with hentais of said characters:whitepress:

I donโ€™t think itโ€™s completely bad, but itโ€™s definitely not anywhere near what it once was. I think it couldโ€™ve been a much better story if he was able to write it at his own pace. Itโ€™s a shame. :catcry:

Iโ€˜m given the impression that he intended for the series to end much sooner.
At no point in the story, Noumus let alone Shigaraki or AFO should even get touched by characters less than Deku and maybe Endeavor.

Right now everyone and their mothers can fight AFO and Shigaraki. The stupidity of this and the previous war arc is a tragedy.

Disclaimer!

@JazzMazz do you have any thoughts on this?
Quoting you anyway.

Yes, I disagree, Overhaul was never peak.

Yes, I enjoyed the individual hero moments in Overhaul, Kirishima's was my favourite for a long while.

But the villains were actually pathetic.

Like, we had like 15 chapters hyping up how Overhaul was this master schemer with this great plan that would plunge hero society into chaos...and then his organisation is instantly folded as soon as the heroes start their raid. And then he jobs to a literal quirkless guy for five minutes. I couldn't take the villains seriously after two chapters into the raid they'd already pretty much completely given up on their organisation.

Like, I thought the Overhaul arc had the potential to drastically shake up the fundamentals of hero society after they were already rocked by the retirement of All Might. But no, turns out Overhaul and his goons were just sort of losers who made like 5 vials of a super potent drug, and lost them all to a homeless guy and his band of merry vagabonds after he got his asses kicked by the first heroes that showed up to arrest him(and they weren't even particularly great heroes).

I'll be honest, Muscular had a far more impressive showing as a villain in his first appearance than Overhaul.

Despite being such a massive arc, someone like Stain in his short stay as antagonist had a greater impact on the universe than the "giant epic Overhaul arc". Again, I really liked a lot of moments in that arc, but it also felt incredibly anticlimatic.

For me, peak MHA was the first war. I generally didn't like the second act of MHA as much as the first. The turning point in the story isn't that great IMO. But the first war felt like what more of the second act should have been about(even just with smaller encounter). It was an epic battle that had a massive impact on hero society.

It utilized the secondary cast of students really well, alongside having some of the best emotional beats and payoffs in the series, and ended on a really devastating outcome.

For me, this second war arc has been okay. I think its highs far exceed anything from Overhaul and are some of the best in the series. Although I think its either a mix of "too little too late" or "better late than never", I think the series is also doing more with the secondary cast as well.

I will say that it has been potentially a bit formulaic with the dramatic character intros, but I've really chapters like this latest one where a secondary characters arc culmintates in them doing something cool(also, I've been wanting and expecting Tokoyami to do something awesome with dark shadow against AFO as soon as I saw that Tokoyami was on the same battlefield as Tokoyami).
Post automatically merged:

At no point in the story, Noumus let alone Shigaraki or AFO should even get touched by characters less than Deku and maybe Endeavor.

Right now everyone and their mothers can fight AFO and Shigaraki. The stupidity of this and the previous war arc is a tragedy.
Why? This is just idiotic DBZ writing which is completely removed from what the series is actually about. (Also DBZ battle writing is just bad)

The series would be infinitely less interesting and more boring if you had your way.

I have no respect for this opinion whatsoever.

Seth

โ€Ž
Its his fault for making the heroes so weak tbh
Now the plot armor and asspulls are coming
Kinda right. The power system for Heroes and Villains in MHA should be similar to that of OPM. I don't mean that there should be multiple Dragon level threat Heroes but the balance of the forces. Have few top tiers here and there + AFO and All Might being at the top of each.

I haven't been crazy about the series since Monoma got some focus (and prior to that, it had been even longer since I was really engaged, maybe Hawks/ Twice conflict) but I think focusing on characters that deserve the attention's a good move though sometimes it feels unnecessarily late.

Tokoyami's always been great so him getting a hype moment against All For One is great, especially given he doesn't need to make direct contact, just use his darkness.

The Shiketsu students arriving was nice too and the wins guy turning around All For One's figure of speech was nice too. I didn't really remember about that one guy's dad but good on him for not giving in to impulse and remaining composed.

Can't wait for more. I haven't been enjoying the series as consistently as currently in a while and I hope Horikoshi atleast has the manga end on a high-ish note.