Versus Battle Naruto vs One Piece

R1: Which one is better? / R2: Which one do you enjoy more?

• R1: Naruto

• R1: One Piece

• R2: Naruto

• R2: One piece

Results are only viewable after voting.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I personally like Crocodile more and have him higher on my faves list, but Doffy is objectively better written, and the best villain in OP as of now, followed by Crocodile.
I prefer Crocodile and I think he is more iconic than Doffy in One piece.

Alabasta is such a great and well known arc. And Crocodile is a good part of it.

I understand Doffy appeal and people liking him but he was one of the only good things in his arc (lot weaker arc) so it's understandable he shined more.

But i think overall Croco is better written too.

Doffy was good but his arc looked too much like Alabasta. It would have been better if Doffy direction was more original. I think Doffy didn't deliver enough given his premise.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I prefer Crocodile and I think he is more iconic than Doffy in One piece.

Alabasta is such a great and well known arc. And Crocodile is a good part of it.

I understand Doffy appeal and people liking him but he was one of the only good things in his arc (lot weaker arc) so it's understandable he shined more.

But i think overall Croco is better written too.

Doffy was good but his arc looked too much like Alabasta. It would have been better if Doffy direction was more original. I think Doffy didn't deliver enough given his premise.
I disagree with Crocodile being better written as of now. I believe we need more on him to give him an edge over Doffy. But he is up there.

I think that was Oda's intention with the arcs being similar.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I think that was Oda's intention with the arcs being similar.
Yeah likely, but given we already saw that type of scenario before the second time the impact and the originality of it wasn't as big

I have better memories of Croco trying to take over the country than Doffy doing it.

And everything was more fleshed in Alabasta compared to DR.

Cobra > Riku
Vivi > Rebecca
Alabasta > DR (bigger, felt like a real country etc)
Koza and the revolutionaries, the old guy in the desert etc etc

I disagree with Crocodile being better written as of now. I believe we need more on him to give him an edge over Doffy. But he is up there.
Doffy lost some spice during his arc.

And i like Croco overall story more. And we have already lot of things with Croco : the whole Alabasta saga, his past as silver medalist, him going wrong way and giving up winning by himself and looking for ancient weapon, him in prison and relationship with other Baroque work officers, him in Impel Down and Marineford, and now in the new world with Daz

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah likely, but given we already saw that type of scenario before the second time the impact and the originality of it wasn't as big

I have better memories of Croco trying to take over the country than Doffy doing it.
But it wasn't the same. Doffy already had DR under control and ruled as its King by the time we got there. He was more like a successful Crocodile.

And everything was more fleshed in Alabasta compared to DR.

Cobra > Riku
Vivi > Rebecca
Alabasta > DR (bigger, felt like a real country etc)
Koza and the revolutionaries, the old guy in the desert etc etc
To be honest, I don't take that matters much when comparing villains themselves.

Doffy lost some spice during his arc.

And i like Croco overall story more. And we have already lot of things with Croco : the whole Alabasta saga, his past as silver medalist, him going wrong way and giving up winning by himself and looking for ancient weapon, him in prison and relationship with other Baroque work officers, him in Impel Down and Marineford, and now in the new world with Daz
I like Crocodile more than Doffy too, but I think objectively as of now Doffy is better written and the better villain.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
But it wasn't the same. Doffy already had DR under control and ruled as its King by the time we got there. He was more like a successful Crocodile.
the fact he was more successful doesn't mean he is a better villain or has more impact

To be honest, I don't take that matters much when comparing villains themselves.
It matters, the setting and the overall quality of the arc influence everything. We got more attached to the characters, the story, the pay back was better etc.

I got more chills seeing Luffy kicking Croco butt and sending him above the city in front of everyone than Luffy kicking Doffy butt.
Same i got more pleasure seeing Croco humiliating Vivi than Doffy clowning Rebecca

I like Crocodile more than Doffy too, but I think objectively as of now Doffy is better written and the better villain.
Make a thread lol i want to see other people opinions.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
the fact he was more successful doesn't mean he is a better villain or has more impact
I didn't say that lol. It doesn't have to mean he's a better villain just because he succeeded somewhere, but it does help.

It matters, the setting and the overall quality of the arc influence everything. We got more attached to the characters, the story, the pay back was better etc.

I got more chills seeing Luffy kicking Croco butt and sending him above the city in front of everyone than Luffy kicking Doffy butt.
Same i got more pleasure seeing Croco humiliating Vivi than Doffy clowning Rebecca
I disagree. I don't really take the other characters in the arc when comparing villains, but I guess it's a matter of personal preference.

Make a thread lol i want to see other people opinions.
Sure.

I think Crocodile belongs to Doffy's tier when it comes to great and iconic villains from OP.
Yea Croc is def top two best villain in OP, but I don't put him ahead of Doffy. Doffy is basically a better version of Croc to me as his character is more fleshed out since we know more about him. Also, his respect for his crew is something I put ahead of Croc.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
LMAO.

Yea Croc is def top two best villain in OP, but I don't put him ahead of Doffy. Doffy is basically a better version of Croc to me as his character is more fleshed out since we know more about him. Also, his respect for his crew is something I put ahead of Croc.
Yeah I think Doffy and Croc are the top 2 villains and have Doffy ahead on that list, but personally like Crocodile more.

Pre tsk Naruto is better than One Piece..It has everything. Drama , Emotions , adventure , fun and Deaths...

Naruto offer everything above mentioned in every arc , while you get above mentioned in whole pre tsk One Piece as pack..So overall I enjoyed Naruto more

Pre tsk is comparable to pre tsk Naruto but it takes time to get involved in the series...

Obito was the coolest guy after
killing many people in konoha
killing many more people in Kirigakure
killing even more with akatsuki
starting the greatest ninja war ever in two days several ten thousand people lose there lifes

but him agreeing and coming to sense makes him the coolest guy

yeah great series