Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellamy would be wild, honestly...but not completely unexpected. The impression I got from his appearance at the end of the SHGF cover story was that he wanted to redesign Luffy’s flag and present it to him as a sign of respect, since he couldn’t show true fealty to the straw hat even as Doflamingo betrayed him in Dressrosa. I don’t think horses get any darker than this one, but count me among those who would welcome it coming true.
This is the thing, he didn’t drink the son cups, he isn’t part of the fleet but he has Luffys vivre card. I think the final straw hat Being someone we know with already established character development would be very fitting

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
This is the thing, he didn’t drink the son cups, he isn’t part of the fleet but he has Luffys vivre card. I think the final straw hat Being someone we know with already established character development would be very fitting
That’s what I meant; he couldn’t bring himself to pledge allegiance to the rubber kid like the other factions did, but he wants to do something tangible now that he’s (presumed) retired from pirating. Making a flag for Luffy and bringing it to him might stir those emotions up and make him want to see more of the world, spurring him back to buccaneering, only this time with a captain truly worthy of his respect.

Assuming that Bellamy is training to get stronger as well, he would be a fine addition to the crew... That would be a shocker though...

But what role would he assume that is related to the flag (and his skills)?
Since the straw hats are going to be giving their flags to countries to show they are their territory soon, an artisan who can dye unbreakable symbols would work.

Dont want Bellamy in the crew, brings nothing imo

From Wano arc one/some/all of Yamato, Kinemon, Tama, Law. Outside of Wano Hancock is my no.1 choice
He’d bring another powerful haki and devil fruit user to the crew so in terms of power he’s probably on the level of Kinemon and the scabbards already.

He has actual character development and a unique ability being able to make unbreakable flags to match Frankys unbreakable ship.

Similar to how when Usopp and franky joined the crew got a new ship, when he joins he’ll bring in a new flag

He’d bring another powerful haki and devil fruit user to the crew so in terms of power he’s probably on the level of Kinemon and the scabbards already.

He has actual character development and a unique ability being able to make unbreakable flags to match Frankys unbreakable ship.

Similar to how when Usopp and franky joined the crew got a new ship, when he joins he’ll bring in a new flag
What if he's the next to join after Yamato? Since Usopp and Franky are the 3rd recruits from each region...

What if he's the next to join after Yamato? Since Usopp and Franky are the 3rd recruits from each region...
That’d be great, but I wouldn’t be sure of who’d join afterwards.

It also fits:

1. Usopp and Franky each had official fights with Luffy like Bellamy

2. Usopp and Franky are craftsman like Bellamy

3. Usopp and Franky each lead their own group like Bellamy (Usopp pirates Franky Family Bellamy Pirates)

Actually yeah this tracks very well.

I meant story wise, he has no narrative purpose at all. And hes not that strong either, weaker than some of Doflamingos officers

I meant story wise, he has no narrative purpose at all. And hes not that strong either, weaker than some of Doflamingos officers
I mean, he’s no weaker than Franky or Brook tbh.

And story wise, well have to see why he gave up on pirate pipe dreams in the first place. I think he actually could have a cool backstory about the emerald city and why he doesn’t care for these

And story wise, well have to see why he gave up on pirate pipe dreams in the first place. I think he actually could have a cool backstory about the emerald city and why he doesn’t care for these
I thought Emerald city was a mistranslation and that he was talking about the city of gold? Would make sense since it was in the context of Sky Island... imo. And his backstory is pretty boring to me, he was bored so he decided to become doffys bitch. Nothing too interesting imo. Dreams? Ambitions? Again nothing. He has strength going for him but thats all, and even that is not that great.

I mean sure, Oda could make him a great character by adding more to his past, giving him a dream of sorts and make him relevant to the story, but you can say that about pretty much any character. From what we saw hes as uninteresting as they get, imo

I thought Emerald city was a mistranslation and that he was talking about the city of gold? Would make sense since it was in the context of Sky Island... imo. And his backstory is pretty boring to me, he was bored so he decided to become doffys bitch. Nothing too interesting imo. Dreams? Ambitions? Again nothing. He has strength going for him but thats all, and even that is not that great.

I mean sure, Oda could make him a great character by adding more to his past, giving him a dream of sorts and make him relevant to the story, but you can say that about pretty much any character. From what we saw hes as uninteresting as they get, imo
He mentioned all three:

1. El Dorado

2. The Emerald City

3. The One Piece

It wasn’t a mistranslation he just mentioned all of them. And why did he give up on pirate dreams? Why give himself up to Doffy and why was he so loyal? If it’s not a dream, then why become a pirate?

Out of all the possibilities I think he’s very interesting because there are questions to be answered. He’s the most unique pirate weve met because he’s the only one we know that rather than question the ability to achieve his dream, Bellamy questioned dreams in general.

That’d be great, but I wouldn’t be sure of who’d join afterwards.

It also fits:

1. Usopp and Franky each had official fights with Luffy like Bellamy

2. Usopp and Franky are craftsman like Bellamy

3. Usopp and Franky each lead their own group like Bellamy (Usopp pirates Franky Family Bellamy Pirates)

Actually yeah this tracks very well.
However:
  • Bellamy doesn't use projectile weapons...
  • Bellamy is not a pirate's son, let alone a son left behind...
  • Bellamy wasn't a local troublemaker...
  • Bellamy has nothing to offer for Nami's Clima Tact...
  • NW recruits once fought Ace...
  • He has no dream... Unless you count the flag dream...
For the next recruit, I'm thinking it would be a young midget giant from Elbaf...

I agree that he's not powerful enough, I believe he's just a step better than the C candidates... Unless Oda pulls some a*spull with him becoming more powerful off-panel and that being free from his Doffy dreams improved him... Which would be weird and forced...

Agree with this... But only because of Haki... Once those 2 unlocks Haki, they will be in the same tier...

However:
  • Bellamy doesn't use projectile weapons...
  • Bellamy is not a pirate's son, let alone a son left behind...
  • Bellamy wasn't a local troublemaker...
  • Bellamy has nothing to offer for Nami's Clima Tact...
  • NW recruits once fought Ace...
  • He has no dream... Unless you count the flag dream...
For the next recruit, I'm thinking it would be a young midget giant from Elbaf...

I agree that he's not powerful enough, I believe he's just a step better than the C candidates... Unless Oda pulls some a*spull with him becoming more powerful off-panel and that being free from his Doffy dreams improved him... Which would be weird and forced...

Agree with this... But only because of Haki... Once those 2 unlocks Haki, they will be in the same tier...
In a way, Bellamy is a projectile weapon. He’s a human cannonball.

And a lot of the other things you mentioned can be related to we don’t know his backstory at all.

I can’t get behind a young midget giant on the crew because Usopp is so closely related to Elbaf putting a giant on the crew would kinda take that from him.

And I don’t think anyone else will awaken haki.

He mentioned all three:

1. El Dorado

2. The Emerald City

3. The One Piece

It wasn’t a mistranslation he just mentioned all of them. And why did he give up on pirate dreams? Why give himself up to Doffy and why was he so loyal? If it’s not a dream, then why become a pirate?

Out of all the possibilities I think he’s very interesting because there are questions to be answered. He’s the most unique pirate weve met because he’s the only one we know that rather than question the ability to achieve his dream, Bellamy questioned dreams in general.
Ah ok, it was a while back so i dont remember exactly...

Was he a pirate before submiting to Doffy? I think he onky became one because he met the Family and got inspired by them. Right now i dont know what hes thinking but he took a vivre card so Oda has some plan for him. I dont think its a big plan though, i think he just will be used again in some storyline...

Imo there are more interesting characters, many. He just doesent tick any of the boxes for me, but ok, lets agree to disagree on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.