Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? That would be very lame (bad writing) and something Oda won't do given how he just give random pipsqueaks Haki...
Because I get the feeling Oda doesn’t want Haki to be his only power system. If so, why not give it to everyone after the timeskip. instead he decided to focus on military weaponry/devil fruit abilities/and science for most of them.

I think the only person who’ll awaken armament haki is Usopp since he already got observation

Against teach sure, but that’s for Luffy. I don’t think most of the BB Pirates even have haki
That wise yes since it constitutes the major frame of the manga.

More generally, that has to be seen how CoC effectively compares to CoA usefulness wise. Can't wait to find out more about it. So far I'm being more impressed by ACoC than ACoA but it could strike as an illusion in that they are being allegedly concurrently imbued it would appear.

Not to mention Carrot will allegedly join.
I'm just so over the whole gender bullshit excuse used for Yamato not joining. Since when has gender and identity politics been the criteria of a Straw Hat joining?

Yamato calling herself a man or whatever the fuck she wants to call herself has more to do with her trying to be Oden, than an identity that she would individually strive for. Do people honestly think Yamato started calling herself a man NOT because of Oden?? Therefore, it shouldn't matter whatever Yamato identifies to be when it comes to joining the crew. I certainly don't care, Yamato can be man, woman, whatever, Yamato's gender shouldn't be used as an argument for Yamato joining the crew or not.

Gatekeeping a potential straw hat from joining because of their gender is one of the weakest excuses i've heard. Not to mention the fact that Luffy has never been bias from a straw hat joining because of their gender.

Of all the current potential straw hats, Yamato is still the one with the most potential to join given her history (friends with Ace, inspired by Oden) and reasons (wanted to leave anyway, can't achieve dream by staying on Wano-must leave and explore the world anyway).

As for Carrot, I won't mind her joining, as long as Yamato joins too. As a character i find her bland, and the whole 'Pedro's death and dawn thing' still isn't a compelling enough argument for me that Carrot is a good Straw hat candidate. The biggest thing I'm still waiting from Carrot is for her to say that she actually wants to join and ask Luffy himself, or luffy ask her vice versa- something that EVERY straw hat has done before joining. And with waiting for Carrot to do this for 3 arcs now, still only interacted with just half the straw hats, and also disappearing every now and then in Wano-like a back ground character, being off paneled by Perospero: my interest in Carrot as a Straw Hat has only diminished every time- not increased.

But to me Carrot ain't the worst possible candidate, that award goes to Momonosuke. A useless, whiny little kid, really? I don't find him the slightest interesting or compelling as a character. What's he even supposed to do if he ever joins? Drool over nami's tits all day? We already have Sanji for that covered.

Because I get the feeling Oda doesn’t want Haki to be his only power system. If so, why not give it to everyone after the timeskip. instead he decided to focus on military weaponry/devil fruit abilities/and science for most of them.

I think the only person who’ll awaken armament haki is Usopp since he already got observation
I also wondered why not give the rest of the crew even at least 1 since timeskip... Only to realize that even Zoro and Sanji only knows the basics even up to this point, maybe even Jinbe as well... Then Luffy learned how to do it better, for it to be justifiable for Zoro to unlock CoC unconsciously... Luffy, then Zoro, then Sanji, then now Jinbe, then Usopp will be always be ahead... Don't be surprised if the rest of the crew unlocks 1 each, with Usopp unlocking CoA unconsciously as well in Wano arc... Weaponry/DF/science excuse doesn't work because Sanji got 1 as well, then we have DF awakening which would be a thing not only for Luffy...

I'm just so over the whole gender bullshit excuse used for Yamato not joining. Since when has gender and identity politics been the criteria of a Straw Hat joining?

Yamato calling herself a man or whatever the fuck she wants to call herself has more to do with her trying to be Oden, than an identity that she would individually strive for. Do people honestly think Yamato started calling herself a man NOT because of Oden?? Therefore, it shouldn't matter whatever Yamato identifies to be when it comes to joining the crew. I certainly don't care, Yamato can be man, woman, whatever, Yamato's gender shouldn't be used as an argument for Yamato joining the crew or not.

Gatekeeping a potential straw hat from joining because of their gender is one of the weakest excuses i've heard. Not to mention the fact that Luffy has never been bias from a straw hat joining because of their gender.

Of all the current potential straw hats, Yamato is still the one with the most potential to join given her history (friends with Ace, inspired by Oden) and reasons (wanted to leave anyway, can't achieve dream by staying on Wano-must leave and explore the world anyway).

As for Carrot, I won't mind her joining, as long as Yamato joins too. As a character i find her bland, and the whole 'Pedro's death and dawn thing' still isn't a compelling enough argument for me that Carrot is a good Straw hat candidate. The biggest thing I'm still waiting from Carrot is for her to say that she actually wants to join and ask Luffy himself, or luffy ask her vice versa- something that EVERY straw hat has done before joining. And with waiting for Carrot to do this for 3 arcs now, still only interacted with just half the straw hats, and also disappearing every now and then in Wano-like a back ground character, being off paneled by Perospero: my interest in Carrot as a Straw Hat has only diminished every time- not increased.

But to me Carrot ain't the worst possible candidate, that award goes to Momonosuke. A useless, whiny little kid, really? I don't find him the slightest interesting or compelling as a character. What's he even supposed to do if he ever joins? Drool over nami's tits all day? We already have Sanji for that covered.
I think he's referring to the MFMM pattern theory... But that's not about gender preference, it's the birth gender that is used in that theory... Enough of this gender preference sh*t...

Well explained about Yamato's Oden stuffs and reasons why Yamato will join next and reasons of Carrot's chances being low...

Y'all want a very powerful crewmember on the team sm but don't forget that such a character might steal a lot of spotlight from the already existing Straw hats, especially from those who already struggle with their popularity like Brook, Franky or Jimbe... I'm just trying to look at it through the writing perspective, a new crew member having very impressive power feats could be a reason Oda won't go for someone batsh*t strong like Yamato. If she has a CoC it's another reason for her not joining in my opinion, it messes up with the power balance on the crew. Like, we've waited for so long for someone to have a CoC besides Luffy, finally Zoro unlocked it -Yay!- and then just... here, have another one Conqueror on the team right away? Seems cheap to me. So if you're on Yamato train she better not to have it lol. And if she fights Kaido... I bet she 100% has it to be able to scratch him at least.
Anyway, whoever joins I believe Vivi is the the third and the last one female crewmember.
If not? Probably Carrot, then. Not because I like her, but because she'd blend in nicely but won't "steal" anything from anyone in terms of screentime/development and I totally okay with with it.

Last edited:
Does everyone believe here that after Wano arc end Momo will just stay behind to be the shogun or he won't join because he's a child?

I think he will join the crew along with Yamato and not only that his character becomes too important for Oda just to leave him behind
  • Currently one of the 2 known people who's alive to have the VOAT.
  • Roger/Luffy and Oden/Momo having VOAT.
  • His seems to be special since he can order Zunisha something Luffy can't do.
  • Yamato believes he will guide the world to its dawn while Pedro thinks it's Luffy.
  • He can somehow "sense" Luffy and I don't think it's a just a regular CoO so I guess it could either be because they're both VOAT user or he can sense him through Kaido because he has Kaido DNA through the smile??
Also Yamato gives him Oden's journal so that might inspire Momo to see and experience what Oden did that journal also inspire Yamato to travel the world.

So, when this arc ends Opening Wano borders will be leave to Hiyori and the rest of the scabbards so she will be the proxy until Momo returns.

Protecting Momo will be Yamato's job and if they join I will see them like Kenpachi and Yachiru from Bleach lol.

Does everyone believe here that after Wano arc end Momo will just stay behind to be the shogun or he won't join because he's a child?

I think he will join the crew along with Yamato and not only that his character becomes too important for Oda just to leave him behind
  • Currently one of the 2 known people who's alive to have the VOAT.
  • Roger/Luffy and Oden/Momo having VOAT.
  • His seems to be special since he can order Zunisha something Luffy can't do.
  • Yamato believes he will guide the world to its dawn while Pedro thinks it's Luffy.
  • He can somehow "sense" Luffy and I don't think it's a just a regular CoO so I guess it could either be because they're both VOAT user or he can sense him through Kaido because he has Kaido DNA through the smile??
Also Yamato gives him Oden's journal so that might inspire Momo to see and experience what Oden did that journal also inspire Yamato to travel the world.

So, when this arc ends Opening Wano borders will be leave to Hiyori and the rest of the scabbards so she will be the proxy until Momo returns.

Protecting Momo will be Yamato's job and if they join I will see them like Kenpachi and Yachiru from Bleach lol.
I see it separately.

I think Momo will stay as the Shogun of wano because wano needs it more than anything else. They need a figurehead, a dream to stand behind, and Momo himself said it’s his dream to become the shogun of wano.

Yamato can enter the crew, but Momo will be the next commander of Wanos fleet.

Oh, yes, let's not make Yamato have CoC, let's make SH only have 2 CoC users. Don't worry about the pirate king crew's quality, SHP have hundreds of memb... Oh wait.
I'm always pro about SHP having more CoC users (at least 3). Since this forum is full of Sanji haters, let's just give it to Yamato.

Why? Because I think of the overall crew well-being (strength, quality, credibility, specialness), rather than just a single character fan.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Oh, yes, let's not make Yamato have CoC, let's make SH only have 2 CoC users. Don't worry about the pirate king crew's quality, SHP have hundreds of memb... Oh wait.
I'm always pro about SHP having more CoC users (at least 3). Since this forum is full of Sanji haters, let's just give it to Yamato.

Why? Because I think of the overall crew well-being (strength, quality, credibility, specialness), rather than just a single character fan.
I think Usopp is more likely to have CoC but Yamato is a possibility too.

I don't really care who will join the crew next, I'm fine with anyone, but based on my idea of Luffy's crew surpassing Rocks crew it would make sense for Yamato to join the crew since she probably has CoC haki.
Personally, I’d equate Nami to Whitebeard and Sanji to Big Mom.

I know it sounds off but think about what we know about Whitebeard:

1. His most important attribute is chosen family, just like Nami.

2. Marco called him a cheapskate but it was because a lot of his money was being sent to the poor village he grew up in (like Nami being a thief but giving the money to Cocoyashi Village)

3. Both have a fondness for young children without a home. Whitebeard taking people into his crew and Nami on Punk Hazard.

Now Big Mom and Sanji:

1. Outside of the obvious food theme

2. Both can be attributed to their dream involving togetherness, Big Mom a land where everyone exists as equals, Sanji a sea where every ingredient shares the same waters.

3. Both have very short tempers

4. Both abandoned by their family

5. Big Mom is said to be a known schemer just like Sanji

I think that comparison makes more sense if Jinbe was there, but i don't expect a 1:1 comparison between both crews. Rocks' crew did not work, it was formed by a bunch of people who had way too much ambition. Rocks himself clearly was a monster capable of reigning them in, but Luffys crew all want to be in his crew.

I'd actually more equate Blackbeard to this idea because his crew seems way more ragtag and comprised of people where former captains/huge leaders at one time period. But i guess like Luffy they all like following Blackbeard

I think that comparison makes more sense if Jinbe was there, but i don't expect a 1:1 comparison between both crews. Rocks' crew did not work, it was formed by a bunch of people who had way too much ambition. Rocks himself clearly was a monster capable of reigning them in, but Luffys crew all want to be in his crew.
yeah thats what represents luffy surpassing rocks, both have conquerors in their crew but strawhats function more as a group with teamwork etc etc. and this is what straw hats surpassing rocks pirates means imo

Status
Not open for further replies.