Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Meanwhile with the Perospero stuff dealt with, we could get Carrot's talk with Neko very soon. The straw hats are all gathering just inside from where she is, so if she's gonna do something there's a real chance it's gonna be with them.
The writing is on the wall for all who wish to see:

“Carrot will defeat Perospero and avenge Pedro!”
“Carrot will help Neko defeat Perospero and avenge Pedro.”
“Carrot will talk to Neko about Perospero and Pedro and then she’ll join Luffy’s crew?”
“Carrot will jump into the water and swim after the Sunny as it leaves Wano…”
“Carrot will be possessed by Pedro’s spirit and place her hand gently on Luffy’s when they reach Laugh Tale, both of them shedding a single tear of blood!”

Momo: Kinemon, help me!!!
Yamao: *helps him*

Oda literally portrayed the babysitter to be Kinemon's replacement. Now that Kinemon is dead, Yamao is 100% Momo's new guardian dog.
Yamato chapters later ditches momo in order assist and help luffy next. As well keeping Kaido busy from harming the straw hats and alliance. Which both King, Queen, and Jimbei acknowledge without her being involved Kaido go after everyone else. She also proclaiming what she wants to do after the war is over. Later in this chapter she bonks momo on the head just for suggesting to warn about Luffy situation at hand. Sounds like a person who stick with momo in the end. *sarcasm.

I don't get why Yamao fans voluntarily compare Luffy sending her to babysit Momo to him trusting Franky to rescue his nakama and somehow think it's a good thing for them.
1. (The obvious) Luffy calls Franky by his actual name. Not Franko/Frank-guy like Yamao
2. There's tons of weight behind Luffy entrusting one of his own nakama to Franky since he was a former enemy that previously also beat up one of Luffy's nakama
3. Robin is an actual straw hat. By Franky helping her it brings Franky closer to the crew. By Yamao helping Momo it brings her closer...to Momo. Simple as.

You wanna know the moment that Luffy telling Yamao to help actually resembles...?
1. Calls Cabbage by his nickname
2. Cavendish accepts Luffy's decision and gives up trying to fight the main boss
2. Cavendish protected Law, who isn't a straw hat

Trying to claim Yamao's already a straw hat cuz Luffy told her to help an ally out, is on par with Cavendish's mental gymnastics in the above panel.

I don't get why Yamao fans voluntarily compare Luffy sending her to babysit Momo to him trusting Franky to rescue his nakama and somehow think it's a good thing for them.
1. (The obvious) Luffy calls Franky by his actual name. Not Franko/Frank-guy like Yamao
2. There's tons of weight behind Luffy entrusting one of his own nakama to Franky since he was a former enemy that previously also beat up one of Luffy's nakama
3. Robin is an actual straw hat. By Franky helping her it brings Franky closer to the crew. By Yamao helping Momo it brings her closer...to Momo. Simple as.

I add that that this page is also a chapter ending page with a lot of emphasis on Luffy's leaving it to Franky. It is mean to be impactful seeing how Luffy grew form being hostile to Franky (for rights reason) to trusting him with the life of a crewmate. This is how an actually organic bond develop.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

You wanna know the moment that Luffy telling Yamao to help actually resembles...?
2. Cavendish accepts Luffy's decision and gives up trying to fight the main boss

Trying to claim Yamao's already a straw hat cuz Luffy told her to help an ally out, is on par with Cavendish's mental gymnastics in the above panel.
Weird that you didn’t respond to what I said, is that because you know you’re just constantly moving the goalposts and abandoning each weak argument as you make it? Christ, you’re bringing up Cavendish instead of just saying “I have nothing of substance to add to this discussion and nobody who wants to hear it,” just log off already.

I add that that this page is also a chapter ending page with a lot of emphasis on Luffy's leaving it to Franky. It is mean to be impactful seeing how Luffy grew form being hostile to Franky (for rights reason) to trusting him with the life of a crewmate. This is how an actually organic bond develop.
Damn, lol. Totally forgot about that. But yeah, you're right. The panelling alone is clearly portraying it as a big moment and the fact that it's the chapter cliffhanger only adds to that. A total joke to compare it to Yamao's moment. All the focus was on Yamao and Momo's dynamic rather than Luffy's call to send her.

And yeah, the bond and interactions that straw hats have with Luffy is the same type that Yamao has with Momo. I made a Jinbe comparison a while back: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ew-members-and-the-grand-fleet.79/post-924779

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Makes fun of other people for posting a lot despite the fact that he’s been a member of this forum since the day it opened and he pops up in this thread every single chapter like clockwork…if his life is so great offline and he hates this place and most people in it, why can’t he leave?? I’m posing this question to the rest of you since he’s trying to prove a point by ignoring me :neesama:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
So you can have Luffy say he doesn't want anything to do you with(Nami)

You can have Luffy say he hates you(Robin)

You can be nothing but food to Luffy as he tries to eat you(Chopper)

You can rob and hurt Luffy's nakama, along with having a grudge match with Luffy himself(Franky)

And still become a beloved nakama, but Yamato, who also upgraded to Yamabro, is forever locked as an ally for no reason.

Could've sworn Luffy calling her Yamao was supposed to be the main reason for her not joining.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I am Oden. I want to sail like him.

Fandom: Omg perfect. Future Nakama.

:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

Can't wait for Luffy to Roger her out of joining.

Except Yamato is a main character in the Wano Arc, how long was Cavendish's flashback in Dressrosa? Yamato helping momo directly ties her to Wano's main protagonist, just like how Franky helping Robin on Luffy's orders in Water Seven/Enies Lobby.

Your only trying so desperately to create an artificial connection between Yamato and Momo when it never existed in the first place, while conveniently ignoring Yamato's connection and interactions with Luffy.

Shinobu almost died because of yamato's abandonment of Momo before, and her bonking Momo on the head this chapter just showed that her 'respect' for momo is below her respect for Luffy and her own desire to take down Kaido.

This chapter just proved that between the interactions of Momo and Yamato, its Yamato taking the driving seat and ordering Momo around, not the other way around.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Oda is a thematic story teller first and foremost. The Dukes vs Jack and Pero sucked, but it made sense thematically speaking. Kaido is likely to be the last to be beaten, and the other ones left are BM, King, Queen, Hawkins, Apoo, Longhead and the other Numbers.

Kaido-to be beaten by Luffy
Onigahsima- to be stopped by Momo
King- beaten by Zoro
Queen- beaten by Sanji
Hawkins- beaten by Killer(?)
Apoo- beaten by Drake(?)
Longhead- beaten by Raizo(?)
The other numbers(?)

What thematic value can Carrot add to any of these situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.