Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanji is just yet to unlock his exoskeleton... But it's there... Still modified...
Who said that? He has no exoskeleton or stuff like that. Thats what was important. They were hoping the drug which Sola took did not effect him.... but after repeated testing the scientist confirmed he is normal..i.e. unaffected by the genetic changes which was experimented on. Also that would ruin the only good thing about his past.

Last edited:
So is Jinbe.
Yamato be overlapping with the oni theme, and she doesn't have much else going for her, therefore it's easy to see her character creation was never thought of to be one of the strawhats.

No he's not. Jinbe's design is based on a whale shark mixed in with Yakuza themes.
Post automatically merged:

Who said that? He has no exoskeleton or stuff like that. Thats what was important. They were hoping the drug which Sola took did not effect him.... but after repeated testing the scientist confirmed he is normal..i.e. unaffected by the genetic changes which was experimented on. Also that would ruin the only good thing about his past.
Exactly, Sanji was the only sibling to not have any modifications on him. The scientists that tested Sanji even said that he was a normal human unlike his brothers. Sanji being able to use the raidsuit has only to do with the fact that he is a Vinsmoke.

Sanji being a normal human fits in with the theme with all of Luffy's recruits in the East Blue being normal humans.
The theory going;
All recruits in East Blue (Normal Humans) // Not counting Luffy since he's the one recruiting.
All recruits in Paradise (Modified Humans)
All recruits in New World (Non-Humans)

Last edited:
No he's not. Jinbe's design is based on a whale shark mixed in with Yakuza themes.

Exactly, Sanji was the only sibling to not have any modifications on him. The scientists that tested Sanji even said that he was a normal human unlike his brothers. Sanji being able to use the raidsuit has only to do with the fact that he is a Vinsmoke.

Sanji being a normal human fits in with the theme with all of Luffy's recruits in the East Blue being normal humans.
The theory going;
All recruits in East Blue (Normal Humans) // Not counting Luffy since he's the one recruiting.
All recruits in Paradise (Modified Humans)
All recruits in New World (Non-Humans)

Did you not see the picture I posted?

He has a theme of Yakuza too for sure, and his gently nature is that of a whale shark, yes, but he is primarily an Oni in his design.
I also see some influences of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, which makes given how much music influences there is in Oda's work. He is a wonderful mix of a bit of everything. Yamato is not, and falls flat in comparison, and the biggest thing she got going for her, the oni theme, is taken already.

Sanji is just yet to unlock his exoskeleton... But it's there... Still modified...

I won't call Franky a cyborg if that's the case... But he's still modified...
Respectfully, I think you still don't understand what I meant. Sanji has yet to unlock his exoskeleton, we don't know. Even if he does, it will be later.

In East Blue, whether you believe Sanji is a modified human or nah, he joined as a normal human. If he joined with exoskeleton activated, then that's something else. This is how the categorization came into being, at that time, Sanji is a normal human who kick hard. He's not introduced as special human with ability.

I may not like Yamato, but if Jinbe's Japanese outfit theme can be "copied" from Zoro, then I guess having Oni theme on Yamato is perfectly fine. Besides Yamato has horns, in which Jinbe doesn't.

The same goes for Carrot. In my defense, since Jinbe can have the same "theme" as Zoro, then it's fine for Carrot which has the same theme as Chopper.

Last edited:
Respectfully, I think you still don't understand what I meant. Sanji has yet to unlock his exoskeleton, we don't know. Even if he does, it will be later.

In East Blue, whether you believe Sanji is a modified human or nah, he joined as a normal human. If he joined with exoskeleton activated, then that's something else. This is how the categorization came into being, at that time, Sanji is a normal human who kick hard. He's not introduced as special human with ability.

I may not like Yamato, but if Jinbe's Japanese outfit theme can be "copied" from Zoro, then I guess having Oni theme on Yamato is perfectly fine. Besides Yamato has horns, in which Jinbe doesn't.

The same goes for Carrot. In my defense, since Jinbe can have the same "theme" as Zoro, then it's fine for Carrot which has the same theme as Chopper.
Carrot does not actually same theme chopper. If that was case she would consider monster and freak which that was never the case.

The way we have been introduced to Carrot indicates that she is a secondary character. She has no unique design or original powers. The plot has never revolved around her, not even in Zou. It would have been very easy to focus Zou's flashback on Carrot, but Oda didn't do it. Even in WCI she was relegated to a secondary role. Characters like Reiju, Pudding, Bege or Katakuri were more memorable than her. She is just another ally, just like Cavendish or Barto. She lacks the depth and development needed to be a protagonist. Even Pedro was a more interesting character than her.

Carrot does not actually same theme chopper. If that was case she would consider monster and freak which that was never the case.

He probably refers to "talking humanoid animal that can transform" part.

It would be fine since SH have many overlapping abilities (fire, swords, etc).

--

That post about third recruit's parallel fits even more when Usopp is the first SH to meet Franky, and Franky is the first SH to meet Yamato. All three have "transformation" too: Sogeking, General Franky, and Yamato's DF form.

Fans are mostly male, nerdy weebs who are dumb enough and the data proves that. People gave Carrot 7th spot whereas the likes of Ace, Sabo, Usopp, Pedro, Brook, Chopper, Jinbe, and Franky are in the 10 to 20th place, even though these guys are more popular and relevant to the story than that dumb bunny
Carrot is literally a self insert for young female viewers

Fans are mostly male, nerdy weebs who are dumb enough and the data proves that. People gave Carrot 7th spot whereas the likes of Ace, Sabo, Usopp, Pedro, Brook, Chopper, Jinbe, and Franky are in the 10 to 20th place, even though these guys are more popular and relevant to the story than that dumb bunny
as if people vote hancock because she's so relevant to the story recently. we know what's the main reason she always been so high.

Did you not see the picture I posted?

He has a theme of Yakuza too for sure, and his gently nature is that of a whale shark, yes, but he is primarily an Oni in his design.
I also see some influences of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, which makes given how much music influences there is in Oda's work. He is a wonderful mix of a bit of everything. Yamato is not, and falls flat in comparison, and the biggest thing she got going for her, the oni theme, is taken already.
The only "oni" theme Yamato has is her horns. Yamato has way more to do with a Hannya/female Demon on the account of her donning the mask for a specific reason we don't know yet (we dont know who she's jealous of, if even that is supposed to fit within her character somehow).

Funny enough, there was a unnamed character dancing at the fire festival that looked very similar to Yamato. Not sure if it means anything but, I find that interesting and wonder if that will play a role later on:

This person is horned, also has a Hanya mask, and is seemingly a "performer" for the festival. Could be really important. Could be nobody.

Edit: The horns could be part of the mask like they normally are but we've seen Yamato's and it wasn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.