Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Don't worry, wether Carrot join or not, i know that I will enjoy the story. I like Carrot of course, but if there was as much as clews for another character in term of recrutment, I would do the same for them.

I'm all about the story, not my expectations ;)
With this, I politely ask how Carrot joining the crew benefits the story? What narrative or thematic value does Carrot add? How does Carrot play into the thematic story telling of her recruitment arc like every other SH did when they joined?

With this, I politely ask how Carrot joining the crew benefits the story? What narrative or thematic value does Carrot add? How does Carrot play into the thematic story telling of her recruitment arc like every other SH did when they joined?
Luffy didn't even defeat Jack or Perospero despite being sources of hardship for Carrot, meanwhile Kaido is a source of hardship for Yamato. Yamato also seems set-up for working towards the New Dawn beyond Wano in time for Joy Boy's second coming which Oden seemed interested in trying to achieve too, something which Carrot has yet to express any interest in actually achieving.

Luffy didn't even defeat Jack or Perospero despite being sources of hardship for Carrot, meanwhile Kaido is a source of hardship for Yamato. Yamato also seems set-up for working towards the New Dawn beyond Wano in time for Joy Boy's second coming which Oden seemed interested in trying to achieve too, something which Carrot has yet to express any interest in actually achieving.
Don't forget kanjuro he was also dealt with by Kinemon. Your Absolutely right. She never talked about "the dawn" Pedro spoke of what it means. Throughout arc and raid so far she hasn't done anything to change the tied of the war beside saving Marco. Take carrot out of the arc it wouldn't change at all Take Yamato out of the arc than you see a lot changes going in the arc. Momo dies which the result ends being samurai lose the will to fight. Luffy loses round 2 against Kaido of course. His crew and his alliance get completely Decimated and eliminated.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Zoro had Morgan
Nami had Arlong
Usopp had Kuro
Sanji had Krieg
Chopper had Wapol
Robin had Spandam and Lucci
Franky had Spandam
Brooke had Ryuma and Moriah
Jinbe had Hody and Vander

Luffy took care of all their problems. Carrot has no ties like nor did Luffy and the SHs help her.

Zoro had Morgan
Nami had Arlong
Usopp had Kuro
Sanji had Krieg
Chopper had Wapol
Franky had Spandam

Luffy took care of all their problems. Carrot has no ties like nor did Luffy and the SHs help her.
Yeah, Luffy helped take down an organization which caused trouble for Franky. He also personally took down Blueno who attacked Franky in particular back at Water 7, in addition to Lucci.

Zoro had Morgan
Nami had Arlong
Usopp had Kuro
Sanji had Krieg
Chopper had Wapol
Franky had Spandam

For Robin and Franky it was basically challenging the world government . Your absolutely right spadam and lucci does personal trauma towards the caracter

Zoro had Morgan
Nami had Arlong
Usopp had Kuro
Sanji had Krieg
Chopper had Wapol
Franky had Spandam

even Vivi, the honorary Straw Hat, had Crocodile to be dealt by Luffy. Back in Alabasta, Crocodile was the villain both for Vivi & Robin. Robin was about to end her life because she thought that Alabasta’s poneglyph was the last one which would give her clue about Rio Poneglyph.

and for Spandam’s case as Spandam was the source of trauma for Robin and Franky, Robin was the one who made the finishing blow to Spandam.

I'm sure we'll look back on this arc and laugh in a few years time. 1000 chapters in and people still actually thought that the friendly princess of the arc was gonna join the crew at the end. Fortunately the tears of disappointment won't last for long. Once they have a new big titty giant princess to slobber over in Elbaf, they'll forget that a certain Yamao ever even existed, just like the Pudding stans from WCI.

Zoro had Morgan
Nami had Arlong
Usopp had Kuro
Sanji had Krieg
Chopper had Wapol
Franky had Spandam

Katakuri did try attacking Carrot, but it was so brief that it seems like too weak of a link compared to Perospero being accused of killing Pedro and Jack terrorizing Zou.

I'm sure we'll look back on this arc and laugh in a few years time. 1000 chapters in and people still actually thought that the friendly princess of the arc was gonna join the crew at the end. Fortunately the tears of disappointment won't last for long. Once they have a new big titty giant princess to slobber over in Elbaf, they'll forget that a certain Yamao ever even existed, just like the Pudding stans from WCI.
wasn't pudding set up for traitor from very beginning in whole cake island arc? During that arc didn't we learn about her race can read poneglyphs as well? It's not just robin who is going be target. Their other methods that people can use to get to laugh tale. Pekcoms had said, way back in zou if sanji had married pudding the strawhats would be part of the big mom pirate’s crew. Which Luffy himself refuse. Pudding had shown no interest going on adventure and seeing the world. She wishes to be love by another person because her family didn't give to her. Sanji had to charm her get her on our side. We already have member grand fleet who represents the giant race already. By the end of wano Luffy's crew would already be fully complete by then. Yamato didn't betray Luffy. She at least did something important rather than staying on side lines and her fight wasn't completely skip over unlike vegetable who staying in the grass right now.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
even Vivi, the honorary Straw Hat, had Crocodile to be dealt by Luffy. Back in Alabasta, Crocodile was the villain both for Vivi & Robin. Robin was about to end her life because she thought that Alabasta’s poneglyph was the last one which would give her clue about Rio Poneglyph.

and for Spandam’s case as Spandam was the source of trauma for Robin and Franky, Robin was the one who made the finishing blow to Spandam.
I think what Van meant was the source of trauma for each Straw Hat.
I meant that the SH recruit was a key part of an arc, with a main villain connected to them.

Morgan wasn't a source of trauma for Zoro, but he was an obstacle that Zoro couldn't overcome given the circumstances, and Luffy bailed him out. Also the arc theme was Ambition, with Zoro and Morgan mirroring each other. Even Zoro's brief 4 chapter arc had more thematic story telling and SH consistency than Carrot.

Status
Not open for further replies.