Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys spend so much time arguing and trying to prove how Carrot or Yamato are going to make the crew, but have you ever asked if the Straw Hats really NEED more members????

In my opinion( No)

You guys spend so much time arguing and trying to prove how Carrot or Yamato are going to make the crew, but have you ever asked if the Straw Hats really NEED more members????

In my opinion( No)
Nothing in the story shows that they really need one (beside the fact that the look out post was vital during the whole cake sea chase) but there is too much clew that indicates that there will be at least one more.
Post automatically merged:

So basically it’s head canon
Headcanon is imagination. What I'm doing is an analysis. Completely different process.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

In my opinion( No)
Oda ha sstated multiple times that the SHs were intended to have 10 recruits. There were gonna be 10 recruits when OP was set to end in 2002, and Oda has stated that he originally was going to end preskip with 10 recruits but plans changed.

This heavily implies at least one more person will join since we only have 9 recruits.

What for example?
The fact that Oda has made Luffy says that he will recruit "at least" ten "persons" (confirmed by shonen jump that Luffy wasn't including himself) then followed that by numbering each strawhats by order of appearance:

1, Zoro - to - 8, Brook

Jinbe should be the nineth, which would mean there is AT LEAST one more member to come.

Last edited:
Postskip SHs are shells of their former selves and I don't like Chopper.
I can see how someone can see that about the Strawhats. IMO the Strawhats haven't had enough time to interact with each other in a group. Punk Hazard is the last time they were all together until Wano. That will be a great time to show Jinbe any quirks as they travel to the next destination. Yamato would take away some of the focus and shine of Jinbe's transition.

You don't like Chopper??? You mean post-timeskip or ever? Well...even if you don't like him, Chopper is an important part of the crew who had a two-way relationship with Hiriluk and a defined ship role that was emphasized well before the end of the Drum arc. Actually the role was foreshadowed back in East Blue. That level on tangible support is not there for Yamato.
Not the same thing Yamato wants to open up wano and carrot says that we going toward the dawn, not "I"

We didn't see how robin eat her fruit also why u think yamato eat the fruit because it's the guardian deity of wano she says that she doesn't know because she want to set out for sea but can't because she couldn't swim also didn't momo eat the copy of kaido without know that was a devil fruit also why u think that yamato have to stay in wano because she ate the df?

Yamato already states her goal already want to liberate wano and give it to the samurai and also want to go out to sea with luffy. Idk why u guys saying she needs to stay when she isn't from wano just was there because her father

Yamato was fighting Kaido when luffy was out of commission and even luffy say thank Yamato I own u one so what have carrot do that put that over yamato vs kaido cause without yamato kaido have would destroyed everybody in the raid
Robin's fruit was not linked to protecting Ohara like Yamato's fruit is to Wano.

Yamato holding off Kaido does not compare to Jinbe's blood transfusion nor leaving Big Mom.
How about the blatant parallels of her and Oden, who didn't let being the next heir of Wano stop him from going out to sea? His loyal scabbards constantly asked him to stay yet he ignored them and left anyway. Sounds familiar.

How does Yamato helping him equate to him leaning on her? He never asked to be taught how to fly. He never asked for her protection. On that same line, Yamato had to be ordered both times by Luffy to be with him and she still ditched him twice to do her own thing. The first time was just cause she was itching to fight. The last one had him begging her to stay and she ignored him.

That doesn't sound like the developing relationship of his personal babysitter that always wants to be with him.

Luffy told Momo that there's nothing in this world he should be scared of. Yamato was speechless and Momo himself agreed the panel after. You then see her taking that to heart when she tells him to stop whining and leaves him even though he was trying to guilt her into not going.

Considering her story revolves around being chained at Wano for decades and forced to be alone, there is emotional weight to her finally having friends and being able to leave her prison.

You completely missed the point in what I said. Regardless, Caribou looking for a way to leave Wano alive is not comparable to Yamato wanting to join the crew. That should be obvious.
So there are 2 competing parallels then.
One is Yamato being like Oden pre-Whitebeard longing for sea travel and adventure. The other being the similarities and connections to Momonosuke who happens to be the son of the person Yamato seems to respect the most.

So do you expect Yamato as "Oden" to not only abandon Wano again, but also "Oden's" children again as well? To do some unknown dream goal and see the One Piece "again"? IMO Oden would stay if he were alive.
This Oden is who Yamato was inspired to be like and read his travels. Oden was exclaimed to be protecting Wano for years. Yamato may continue to protect Wano as "Oden" and in the perfect position to support Momo in the opening of Wano's borders.

Yamato can have Wano natives as friends just like in the cave.

It's not just Caribou but Tama who asked. Tama circumstances are similar to Yamato by both knowing Ace and using that link to ask Luffy. Yamato is not special in that regards and Strawhats standout.

Funny result: Carrot is still first.. but Yamato is not the second most likely candidate now.. Momonosuke is :D
Carrot isnt the first in line for straw hats and why would momo be second when the entire raid is for him to be the shogun do u really want to go that far just because u dont want Yamato to leave an Island that she has been TRAPPED ON FOR HER ENTIRE LIFE?

Carrot isnt the first in line for straw hats and why would momo be second when the entire raid is for him to be the shogun do u really want to go that far just because u dont want Yamato to leave an Island that she has been TRAPPED ON FOR HER ENTIRE LIFE?
Precisely because Momo and Carrot have a lot of qualities that all the strawhats are sharing and that Yamato don't and because chapter 1041 hinted a possible void of information for Momonosuke. Creating a possible setup for a desire to go out to sea in order to fill the gap of knownledge.. to see if Wano should really be opened.

Precisely because Momo and Carrot have a lot of qualities that all the strawhats are sharing and that Yamato don't and because chapter 1041 hinted a possible void of information for Momonosuke. Creating a possible setup for a desire to go out to sea in order to fill the gap of knownledge.. to see if Wano should be opened.
So who will be the shogun of wano btw did u read the story?

Precisely because Momo and Carrot have a lot of qualities that all the strawhats are sharing and that Yamato don't and because chapter 1041 hinted a possible void of information for Momonosuke. Creating a possible setup for a desire to go out to sea in order to fill the gap of knownledge.. to see if Wano should really be opened.
Momo yeah but carrot no and Yamato might not meet them but she still has qualities of a strawhats just dont want to admit it

Last edited:
Okay guys, maybe I was a little arrogant in my speech, but honestly I don't give a fuck if Carrot or Yamato join the crew or not. I wouldn't complain if Oda put all these possible candidates for the next nakama in the great fleet and came back only in the final war. I think that instead of adding new characters to the crew, Oda should go back to debating characters that are already on the crew. Use Chopper, Franky, Nami, Robin, were greatly reduced in the narrative (especially in Wano) and it would be much better to bring them back as recurring characters (I'm not talking about just fights), than adding more characters to the crew where they need to be. their nicknames, their bounties, their roles in the ar and their match-ups developed. But I understand the ten crew members.

Okay guys, maybe I was a little arrogant in my speech, but honestly I don't give a fuck if Carrot or Yamato join the crew or not. I wouldn't complain if Oda put all these possible candidates for the next nakama in the great fleet and came back only in the final war. I think that instead of adding new characters to the crew, Oda should go back to debating characters that are already on the crew. Use Chopper, Franky, Nami, Robin, were greatly reduced in the narrative (especially in Wano) and it would be much better to bring them back as recurring characters (I'm not talking about just fights), than adding more characters to the crew where they need to be. their nicknames, their bounties, their roles in the ar and their developed match-ups. But I understand the ten crew members.
This is the reason why Yamato is the most qualified. Why? Yamato is already strong enough. She doesn’t need that much power up, therefore Oda can focus on Jinbe, Robin, Franky, etc.

The way how Oda showed that Jinbe fought Who’s Who while Sanji fought Queen is pretty obvious, that Oda will most likely power up those who needs it. When Yamato joins, she will most likely be paired with Jinbe, the currently added one who needs the least power ups, so they can have same amount of focus in the next arcs or so; while focusing more on pre-timeskip established crew. Other possibility is that Yamato will share focus with Robin, since we all know Robin is one of the main targets in the crew.

It’s not just about fights, true, but don’t forget that One Piece is manga specifically targeted for boys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.