Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of Robin who i think will get kidnapped or end up facing a non-BBP opponent during the endgame so that Yamato can replace her:

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Sanji vs Pizarro
Yamato vs Devon
Jinbe vs Burgess
Franky vs Wolf
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Nami vs Laffitte
Chopper vs Doc Q
Usopp vs Van Augur
I think robin might fight blackbeard last crew member

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Outside of Robin who i think will get kidnapped or end up facing a non-BBP opponent during the endgame so that Yamato can replace her:

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Sanji vs Pizarro
Yamato vs Devon
Jinbe vs Burgess
Franky vs Wolf
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Nami vs Laffitte
Chopper vs Doc Q
Usopp vs Van Augur
Vasco Shot looks like a fishman and those piercings seem to be covering gills on his neck. Could use drunken fist and possibly be Jinbe's opponent.

Lafitte also likes to dance and cast hypnosis, which contrasts with Brooke. Lots of potential match ups.

Also gotta consider the BB pirate that gets taken out first(there's almost always one strong member that gets beaten first as a hype tool before the final battle).

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Sanji vs Pizarro
Yamato vs Devon
Jinbe vs Burgess
Franky vs Wolf
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Nami vs Laffitte
Chopper vs Doc Q
Usopp vs Van Augur
In my opinion, the ID escapees are on a higher level than the rest. And the 10th TC being a wild card (depending on if its male/female, new/old character etc). In terms of strenght:

BB

Shiryuu
Pizarro
Wolf
Vasco
Devon

Lafitte
Burgess
Doc Q
Van Augur

I know there is symbolism that makes it easy to connect differently, and then also the roles on the crew, but id like Oda to give justice to the ID escapees hype by pairing them with the strongest SHs.

Artificial of a Mythical Zoan, and it’s a successful one.
No, it's a failed experiment by Vegapunk...

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Sanji vs Pizarro
Yamato vs Devon
Jinbe vs Burgess
Franky vs Wolf
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Nami vs Laffitte
Chopper vs Doc Q
Usopp vs Van Augur
Interesting... Though the idea of Robin being kidnapped would waste their timeskip training, their rescue of Robin and Sanji, and adding powerful guys in the crew...

Anyway, what if Robin ends up fighting Aokiji...

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Sanji vs Pizarro
Yamato vs Devon
Jinbe vs Burgess
Franky vs Wolf
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Nami vs Laffitte
Chopper vs Doc Q
Usopp vs Van Augur
I always liked Robin vs Wolf. An even bigger demonio vs wolf in a Kaiju fight.

No, it's a failed experiment by Vegapunk...
You got it wrong. Vegapunk lied to WG and claimed it was a failure because IMHO Vegapunk has his moral code. If Vegapunk said it was successful, WG will force Vegapunk to make copies of Kaido’s DF and make a whole army of Kaido to dominate the world under their grasp.

The CP0 themselves said it so few chapters back when they were discussing about Punk Hazard. They didn’t expect that the “failure” copy DF to be successful, and that was when Momo appeared as an adult dragon

Last edited:

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Sanji vs Pizarro
Yamato vs Devon
Jinbe vs Burgess
Franky vs Wolf
Brook vs Vasco Shot
Nami vs Laffitte
Chopper vs Doc Q
Usopp vs Van Augur
I like the reasonings for Yamato v. Devon but I'm glad you're another supporter of the mirror match idea. So many people come up with the most bizarre combos when it comes to the Blackbeard pirate battles.

The good guardian and shogun of Wano were paired together since they're going to be the ones to replace the bad guardian and shogun of Wano by the arc's end. Yamao's a foil to Momo, the more important character. Someone to contrast his qualities and story with. A guide for him. A sidekick for him. More muscle for him. Two sides of the same coin. Just that Momo's heads and Yamao's tails.

It'd be a hilarious waste of time if all the YamaMomo bonding was solely for Yamao to have someone to return to if she were to join the crew. Especially considering that no such concern was shown for Robin, who even now has no personal group or individual waiting for her.

Ironically remember this same argument being used in reverse to explain why Carrot was bonding so much with the crew. "She's just someone for Chopper to go back to"... And for Nami...And Sanji...And Brook...
No.

Let's play it bit by bit. Take this post as a prologue for my upcoming post

You guys remember the scene when wyper kill enel? Wyper pinned enel with seastone and killed enel but enel resurrected

Apparently, It is recreated recently but the scene is splitted. It is splitted parallel

It's hiyori who pinned orochi with seastone
It's luffy who is almost dead then he wake up later

It doesn't mean much but I'd like to say that even though luffy and hiyori haven't meet each other, oda already put them together in the same room in his thought process. This little split parallel. Doesn't mean much

Let's play it bit by bit. Take this post as a prologue for my upcoming post

You guys remember the scene when wyper kill enel? Wyper pinned enel with seastone and killed enel but enel resurrected

Apparently, It is recreated recently but the scene is splitted. It is splitted parallel

It's hiyori who pinned orochi with seastone
It's luffy who is almost dead then he wake up later

It doesn't mean much but I'd like to say that even though luffy and hiyori haven't meet each other, oda already put them together in the same room in his thought process. This little split parallel. Doesn't mean much
Yes, that's a parallel.
But wrong thread lol

I think you're severely underrating him, Kizaru said Weevil's strength reminded them of prime whitebeard. As exaggerated as that might be that still hypes him up to one of the strongest characters aside from captains
Kizaru compared him to a young Whitebeard not a prime whitebeard. Prime whitebeard is 10 strongest characters of all time, and Weevil is definitely not in that category.

Finally, this chapters revelations are last bit of proof I need to confirm Law will join. First lets acknowledge that Luffy is Nika, and this is the Nika lore

Now lets see Jinbe and Law...

Now would we look at that? Both Jinbe and Law have symbols in their chest that symbolizes Sun God Nika, who happens to be Luffy. Each of them for separate reasons sure, but the symbolism still exist there. Law like Jinbe will be one of the slowest burns in the story, similarly both Law and Jinbe were the first 2 big characters the Straw Hats meet right after the timeskip. It's almost as if he wanted them to join in the same arc, but have different stories leading up to it.

Anyways thats it. The Sun God Nika 100% confirms Law is joining in my head so feel free to slander me if I'm wrong.

Finally, this chapters revelations are last bit of proof I need to confirm Law will join. First lets acknowledge that Luffy is Nika, and this is the Nika lore

Now lets see Jinbe and Law...

Now would we look at that? Both Jinbe and Law have symbols in their chest that symbolizes Sun God Nika, who happens to be Luffy. Each of them for separate reasons sure, but the symbolism still exist there. Law like Jinbe will be one of the slowest burns in the story, similarly both Law and Jinbe were the first 2 big characters the Straw Hats meet right after the timeskip. It's almost as if he wanted them to join in the same arc, but have different stories leading up to it.

Anyways thats it. The Sun God Nika 100% confirms Law is joining in my head so feel free to slander me if I'm wrong.
I love the Law and Jinbe parallels. They are 2/3 characters that saved Luffys life in MF (with Hancock). Both (all 3) former shichibukai, Jinbe appears in FI, Law the very next arc, then in all the arcs that follow either one or both appear. Luffy admitting Law is "like Jinbe" and saved him, Luffy outright calling Law his nakama. Marineford was the one arc that Luffy was without his crew, so the characters that played the biggest roles for him personally would make a lot of sense for him to recruit.

Its just as easy to make a counter argument against him (and Hancock), but he just fits so well that i like to think he joins

Status
Not open for further replies.