Break Week No, Zoro is NOT "Done" After Defeating King

Will Zoro fight again during the Wano arc?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

๐€๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ซ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Œ๐š๐ฌ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ง๐ฒ ๐๐ž๐ญ
โ€Ž
Introduction
Many people think that Zoro is done after his defeat of King in 1035. That he has no important role (at least not a combat one) to play for the remainder of the arc.

I think the opinion is misguided. Zoro still has two very important plotlines that have yet to receive any sort of resolution in this arc.

Oden and Enma
Kaido repeatedly drew a connection between Zoro, Enma and Oden:

That connection has yet to have any payoff to date. If Zoro is done for after the King defeat, then pray tell, what was the purpose of these scenes?

Even at the end of the King fight, Zoro still had not yet reached Oden's mastery of Enma. He says that fighting with Enma fully unleashed would kill him:

Meanwhile, Oden could wield Enma as if it were as light as a feather:

However, Zoro has been setup to surpass Oden's mastery of Enma. To accomplish that which Oden could not do:

This still has no payoff yet.

Finally, Kaido's declaration that there shall never be a "monster samurai" of the likes of Kozuki Oden has still not been proven wrong:

Kaido needs to eat those words and acknowledge that such a samurai has been born.

This leads me to expect a second confrontation between Zoro and Kaido.

Here's a much more thorough explanation of the Oden argument.

Ryuma
Zoro has a storyline involving Ryuma and the people have Wano that has still not yet met its conclusion.

When Zoro first came to Wano, he was scorned as a murderer and grave robber:

Someone who stole Wano's national treasure and caused misfortune to befall the country as they incurred the wrath of the Sword God:

Even the person most sympathetic to Zoro (Hiyori) insisted that he return their treasure:

Stressing that it's revered as a relic:

Yet, Zoro is going to visit Ryuma's grave after the end of the war:

Before that visit, he needs to be acknowledged as a hero to the people of Wano. He must be vindicated. Ryuma's soul and Shusui itself personally chose Zoro after all:

Saving Wano in its most dire moment and coincidentally replicating Ryuma's legend vindicates Zoro.

Defeating King does not. None of the people in the Flower Capital cares about King. King is not the source of their torment and oppression. He was never a threat to them. Kaido is.

ZKK isn't necessary to get a Ryuma parallel. It doesn't need to happen for the fanservice of Zoro cutting a dragon. It's actually important for Zoro's character that he's vindicated in this way to the people of Wanokuni.

This is what I mean when I tell the detractors: "you don't even understand ZKK". Their complaints don't actually engage with the theory. They just refute and debunk a caricature of the theory, not the actual theory.

Here's a much more detailed explanation of the Ryuma argument.

The Ryuma argument was never solely about Zoro paralleling Ryuma by slaying a dragon.
  1. It's a conclusion to Zoro's plot threads with Shusui, Ryuma and Enma.
    • Plot threads that began long ago in Thriller Bark.
  2. It's a vindication of Zoro's character.
    • He'll transform from a grave robber and murderer to a National Hero.
  3. And it's an important step in the forging of Zoro's own legend.
    • He will be recognised as the "Second Ryuma":
      One Piece Magazine Volume 6 said:
      Perhaps a strong Samurai who people call the "second Ryuma" has already been born.
      Oda already laid the groundwork for this by highlighting Zoro's connection to Ryuma at the start of his battle with King:

Conclusions
To leave these plot lines unresolved would be a massive disservice to Zoro's character. Furthermore, these two plotlines cannot be addressed anywhere else but in Wano itself. There is no realistic way to address them outside the Wanokuni arc. The context that makes the accomplishments meaningful are all tier to Wano.
  • Matching or surpassing Oden's calibre as a swordsman has no meaning outside of Wano.
    • Oden was Wano's heir apparent and the rightful Shogun.
    • He was their greatest samurai in recent history.
    • His dream was to open Wano's borders.
    • Enma is a sword that hails from Wano.
    • It is Kaido who declared that a monster samurai of Oden's calibre shall never be seen again.
  • Becoming the Second Ryuma has no meaning outside of Wano.
    • He slew a dragon over the Wano Flower Capital.
    • Ryuma is regarded as the "God of the Blade" to the people of Wano.
    • Shusui is considered a holy relic.
    • He's Wano's national hero and saviour.
    • His myth and legend do not exist outside the land of Wano.

If these plotlines are not resolved in Wano, they will simply never be resolved at all (at least not in any manner that can be considered satisfactory).

@Afroking
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@dynamight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gonโ€™s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Herrera95
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@LuthonTheDragDown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@marimoheado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@princeley
@Punpun
@queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@ten yaksha blother
@Thabeast
@TheKnightOfTheSea
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo

He can save the Wano people and without ZKK, in fact Gyukimaru himself stated that the tale of Ryuma slaying the dragon is only one of the many legends about him.

Ryuma also stopped incoming invaders who wanted Wanos treasures and wanted to bring this place under their control. The world government is currently on a direct line to do just that.

He will become the second Ryuma in the eyes of the Wano people when he stops the World governments invasion force from entering Wano and taking it under their control.

Kaido is Luffys fight, and Oda isnโ€™t going to cheapen Luffys fight with Zoro getting the last hit.

dragon is only one of the many legends
And also the most important one, unless you expect Zoro to start soloing both Pirates and the WG while protecting Wano. Jokes on you, I would also love that.

Ryuma also stopped incoming invaders who wanted Wanos treasures and wanted to bring this place under their control.
He stopped both Pirates and the WG at the same time while being alone. Plus, I don't rlly see the WG very interested in Wano's treasures anymore.

He can save the Wano people and without ZKK, in fact Gyukimaru himself stated that the tale of Ryuma slaying the dragon is only one of the many legends about him.

Ryuma also stopped incoming invaders who wanted Wanos treasures and wanted to bring this place under their control. The world government is currently on a direct line to do just that.

He will become the second Ryuma in the eyes of the Wano people when he stops the World governments invasion force from entering Wano and taking it under their control.

Kaido is Luffys fight, and Oda isnโ€™t going to cheapen Luffys fight with Zoro getting the last hit.
He still needs to be acknowledged by Kaido and blacken Enma. Not necessarily by ZKK but he should at least have another confrontation with Kaido in some way

He still needs to be acknowledged by Kaido and blacken Enma. Not necessarily by ZKK but he should at least have another confrontation with Kaido in some way
Blackening Enma will likely take place while Zoro stops the WG ships if Enmas dream is the same as Odens, which was never killing Kaido, but preserving the freedom of wanos citizens and opening up the land.

The Kaido line about there being a monster samurai I think can occur again, I never said Zoro shouldnโ€™t see Kaido again, I said he shouldnโ€™t get the last hit. I still think Zoro needs to reopen Odens scar.
Post automatically merged:

And also the most important one, unless you expect Zoro to start soloing both Pirates and the WG while protecting Wano. Jokes on you, I would also love that.

He stopped both Pirates and the WG at the same time while being alone. Plus, I don't rlly see the WG very interested in Wano's treasures anymore.
I would love that too why is it joke on me? It would work incredibly well with Zoros character, dream, and portrayal of he starts cutting these ships in half as they rise the waterfall. And CP0 expressed interest in taking over wano, now for using it as a factory for weaponry.

Itโ€™s never stated the dragon cutting is the most important one, in fact the way Gyukimaru talked him holding back the unknown amount of enemies and showing the world what Wano samurai are made of

Introduction
Many people think that Zoro is done after his defeat of King in 1035. That he has no important role (at least not a combat one) to play for the remainder of the arc.

I think the opinion is misguided. Zoro still has two very important plotlines that have yet to receive any sort of resolution in this arc.

Oden and Enma
Kaido repeatedly drew a connection between Zoro, Enma and Oden:

That connection has yet to have any payoff to date. If Zoro is done for after the King defeat, then pray tell, what was the purpose of these scenes?

Even at the end of the King fight, Zoro still had not yet reached Oden's mastery of Enma. He says that fighting with Enma fully unleashed would kill him:

Meanwhile, Oden could wield Enma as if it were as light as a feather:

However, Zoro has been setup to surpass Oden's mastery of Enma. To accomplish that which Oden could not do:

This still has no payoff yet.

Finally, Kaido's declaration that there shall never be a "monster samurai" of the likes of Kozuki Oden has still not been proven wrong:

Kaido needs to eat those words and acknowledge that such a samurai has been born.

This leads me to expect a second confrontation between Zoro and Kaido.

Here's a much more thorough explanation of the Oden argument.

Ryuma
Zoro has a storyline involving Ryuma and the people have Wano that has still not yet met its conclusion.

When Zoro first came to Wano, he was scorned as a murderer and grave robber:

Someone who stole Wano's national treasure and caused misfortune to befall the country as they incurred the wrath of the Sword God:

Even the person most sympathetic to Zoro (Hiyori) insisted that he return their treasure:

Stressing that it's revered as a relic:

Yet, Zoro is going to visit Ryuma's grave after the end of the war:

Before that visit, he needs to be acknowledged as a hero to the people of Wano. He must be vindicated. Ryuma's soul and Shusui itself personally chose Zoro after all:

Saving Wano in its most dire moment and coincidentally replicating Ryuma's legend vindicates Zoro.

Defeating King does not. None of the people in the Flower Capital cares about King. King is not the source of their torment and oppression. He was never a threat to them. Kaido is.

ZKK isn't necessary to get a Ryuma parallel. It doesn't need to happen for the fanservice of Zoro cutting a dragon. It's actually important for Zoro's character that he's vindicated in this way to the people of Wanokuni.

This is what I mean when I tell the detractors: "you don't even understand ZKK". Their complaints don't actually engage with the theory. They just refute and debunk a caricature of the theory, not the actual theory.

Here's a much more detailed explanation of the Ryuma argument.

The Ryuma argument was never solely about Zoro paralleling Ryuma by slaying a dragon.
  1. It's a conclusion to Zoro's plot threads with Shusui, Ryuma and Enma.
    • Plot threads that began long ago in Thriller Bark.
  2. It's a vindication of Zoro's character.
    • He'll transform from a grave robber and murderer to a National Hero.
  3. And it's an important step in the forging of Zoro's own legend.
    • He will be recognised as the "Second Ryuma":

Oda already laid the groundwork for this by highlighting Zoro's connection to Ryuma at the start of his battle with King:

Conclusions
To leave these plot lines unresolved would be a massive disservice to Zoro's character. Furthermore, these two plotlines cannot be addressed anywhere else but in Wano itself. There is no realistic way to address them outside the Wanokuni arc. The context that makes the accomplishments meaningful are all tier to Wano.
  • Matching or surpassing Oden's calibre as a swordsman has no meaning outside of Wano.
    • Oden was Wano's heir apparent and the rightful Shogun.
    • He was their greatest samurai in recent history.
    • His dream was to open Wano's borders.
    • Enma is a sword that hails from Wano.
    • It is Kaido who declared that a monster samurai of Oden's calibre shall never be seen again.
  • Becoming the Second Ryuma has no meaning outside of Wano.
    • He slew a dragon over the Wano Flower Capital.
    • Ryuma is regarded as the "God of the Blade" to the people of Wano.
    • Shusui is considered a holy relic.
    • He's Wano's national hero and saviour.
    • His myth and legend do not exist outside the land of Wano.

If these plotlines are not resolved in Wano, they will simply never be resolved at all (at least not in any manner that can be considered satisfactory).

@Afroking
@Artorias
@bblue
@Benn beck
@bennbeckman
@BidaPowersTV
@Bittersteel
@Bogard
@Chocolatemuppet
@Buggy D Clown
@Bullet
@Camie
@Celestial D. Dragon
@Chaves
@Cinera
@comrade
@Constantine
@Crooc
@Cross_Marian
@Cyrus the Cactus
@Dark Hound
@Dark Knight Sanji
@DarkWitch
@Den_Den_Mushi
@Dr. Spook
@dynamight
@Elcadar
@Emperor
@Enma
@Fenaker
@Finalbeta
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
@Flower
@Fn Lucci
@Foxy Bunny
@Fukki
@Garp the Fist
@Garps tekkai
@Gauntlet
@Gensui Sazid
@Geo
@Gol D. Roger
@Gonโ€™s Missing Arm
@Greenbeard
@Grumpy Zoro
@Guan Yu
@Guymieux
@h_zorothegoat
@HA001
@HAJIKATA
@Hanzo hattori
@haoshoku
@HeroesNZ
@Herrera95
@Himura
@I'mTired
@Ice devil slayer
@IceWitch
@Im_not_Osama_bin_laden
@Jack
@Jackteo
@Jew D. Boy
@JioFreed
@K!NG HARA$H!MA
@KageyamaShoyo
@Kejon
@KenshiraSonata
@KINGKONGGUN15
@KiriNigiri
@Kiwipom
@Kuro Ashi
@kurwa
@Lucas
@Luffy bin Dragon
@Luffy is the mc
@LuffyMazino
@Luslec
@LuthonTheDragDown
@Marco
@Marimo_420
@marimoheado
@MarineHQ62
@MasterD
@matt245
@Midnight Delight
@Mikail
@Monet
@Monkey D Theories
@Monster trio
@MonsterZoro
@Mr. Anderson
@Murilo
@Nidai_Kitetsu
@nik87
@Oblivion
@OmegaPsyche
@Orojackson Refugee
@Parker
@Patryipe
@pedxi
@PerfectHie
@PizzaBread
@playa4321
@princeley
@Punpun
@queen
@RayanOO
@Reborn
@Reddot4
@rednose
@ReggieZoldyck21
@rerere
@Rivaille
@Robin swan
@Roronoa-sama
@Rosella.Fiamingo
@Rukusho
@RyumaZoro
@RZ.119
@Sade
@SaintBellkin
@Sakazuki-Singh
@Sakura no Hiluluk
@Salah WG
@Sanji D Cook
@Sentinel
@Seth
@Shadowlord123
@ShadowStyle369
@ShadyOjiro
@SHIHI
@ShinmenTakezo
@Shiroyru
@ShishioIsBack
@silverfire
@SinOfGreed
@Skiddo
@SmokedOut
@Soleus
@solis
@spawn
@Starbound Beast D. Draig
@stormylife
@style
@Sunita
@Sword God Ryuma
@T.D.A
@Tamerani
@Tenshi No Konan
@ten yaksha blother
@Thabeast
@TheKnightOfTheSea
@Tobi
@Topi Jerami
@Trafalgar_D_Law
@Usopp Haoshoku Haki
@Van
@Veljko
@Vonal
@WillOfMyD
@Winsmoke Sanji
@worst pirate
@Xione
@Xlaw
@yj
@Yo Tan Wa
@yorosenpai
@Yukihime
@yunzabit heights
@Zenos7
@ZenZu
@Zoro
@Zoro D Goat
@ZoroIsOverrated
@zorojurou
@ZoroSlaysDragonTuna
@Zowo
Fully agree with your analysis and especially with what you wrote here:

ZKK is also something that will fufill Kaido. He is the one that is annoncing that only 1 dragon will remain in Wano when he met Momosuke. He is the one that said: yes that it, that sense of determination!! I love the way of the samurai. It may not be the way of the times anymore but death is what completes a person. Isnt that true?
Kaido loves the way of the samurai. The way of the samurai involves looking for a good place to die.
Kaido is not the classical antagonist, he is the strongest creature in One Piece, he is a Yonko, and he is a dragon. He saw how brutal this world is but one aspect he trully loves: I love the way of the samurai which ironically is the title for chapter 1036:
The way of Bushidล is found in death
Zoro from the start was always following the way of the bushido.

Nice thread.. Though, I disagree.. With the Zkk stuff...
At this point, I don't think kaido'll be killed..
No mkk either..
:josad:
Oda add more depth to his character,
Kaido is looking for joyboy.. In himself and in others, I think he knows more than we give him credit for... + oda needs to solve the Oni - human races hate conflict..
Why Kaido hates humans..?!
Why is he looking for joyboy?!
What does he know about the void century.. And the past stuff..?!

SH vs Kaido is a possibility, oda can use that to give Zoro his acknowledgement by Kaido..
I feel that Momonuske should also have another moment and interaction with kaido..

To be frankly, i don't want kaido to die...he seems like a luffy... Gone wrong
:josad: