Rate The Chapter!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean toki explicitly told Kinemon she can't send people back when she sent them forward lol, idk what else to tell you.

And if it's Kanjuro, he would know how to. Onimaru less so because I don't think he knew Oden, just Ushimaru and Kawamatsu. Fukurokuju using Ninjutsu is also possible, he has seen Oden enough to know

But you can even see, there are some "imperfections". His swords are not the same, indicating its probably someone who didn't pay attention to that detail or can't replicate physical weapons. If he's a time displaced Oden before his death (which is impossible because Toki cant send people back in time), he should have his swords. The last time he has them, he gives them to Toki, which is the last time he actually sees her too. His typical Kimono is also is just different from the entirety of his flashback. 20 years he wore the same short cut Kimono, now he doesn't after being sent forward in time?

To me this looks like a very on the nose fake. I asked this question already yesterday, but why would:

- Oden show up after the Scabbards fail to defeat Kaido?
- Oda not give Oden a far more dramatic entrance (major attack, double spread, etc)

The "mundane" aspect of him meeting them in a storage closet is a big part of why I don't think its him. Oda LOVES dramatic entrances, this was far from it

How's this for dramatic: the cliffhanger of a break week.

This is a tricky discussion to have because there's a line not to cross in just making stuff up based on what we don't know yet, like character motivations. For team Kaido it's redundant because Jack is on the way to finish them off, for example.

We don't absolutely know how Toki's power works. As in we don't know if she stated the truth. Keep in mind that the traitor plot existed before chapter 971. She sent four samurai to the present but predicted nine shadows... how? Not that I know, but after seeing Kinemon went many volumes pretending to be Momo's dad, only to admit the truth and still only later admit that he is a time traveler, I can believe that we don't know everything yet.

Kanjuro is a leading possibility, but there's no apparent reason or motivation, especially with his boss Orochi dead as far as anyone knows. Also, to assume that he would make an error when it comes to the swords makes no sense at all. How would he not know about those swords after all the time he spent as a vassal? Wasn't he there when the two Oden swords were given away? It would actually be an error for him to present Oden with those swords knowing that Kinemon would know that they were already given away.

As for Oden showing up after they've been beaten by Kaido... how doesn't that make sense? Is he gonna sit it out if they need help and he has an actual chance to help? I'm not convinced of anything, I just am prepared to accept the possibility and have my preference.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
My biggest fear is that he is brought back to give Kaido PTSD so he will be an easier target for novas....

I genuinely hope it's not Oden although Toki's powers were never really perfectly explained. She also could've lied that she can only jump forward.

Fucking two weeks...

I really wish to see at least some moments between her and Sugar, I was very disappointed that their sisterly relationship wasn't brought up or used during Dressrosa arc.
You tell me?
I literally have as a password for a game "Monetisalive" xD
No seriously she is such a wasted character and did not deserve to die like that. She was a victim more than a villain.

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
I am starting to believe those who said Oden might actually be Catarina in disguise. I don't really buy the whole fox or Hiyori changing to Oden to encourage the Scabbards bit at all. It's just too cruel. There is nothing stopping Catarina from pulling the same stunt she did with Moira again. Yup, It's definitely that bitch.:akaman:

How's this for dramatic: the cliffhanger of a break week.

This is a tricky discussion to have because there's a line not to cross in just making stuff up based on what we don't know yet, like character motivations. For team Kaido it's redundant because Jack is on the way to finish them off, for example.

We don't absolutely know how Toki's power works. As in we don't know if she stated the truth. Keep in mind that the traitor plot existed before chapter 971. She sent four samurai to the present but predicted nine shadows... how? Not that I know, but after seeing Kinemon went many volumes pretending to be Momo's dad, only to admit the truth and still only later admit that he is a time traveler, I can believe that we don't know everything yet.

Kanjuro is a leading possibility, but there's no apparent reason or motivation, especially with his boss Orochi dead as far as anyone knows. Also, to assume that he would make an error when it comes to the swords makes no sense at all. How would he not know about those swords after all the time he spent as a vassal? Wasn't he there when the two Oden swords were given away? It would actually be an error for him to present Oden with those swords knowing that Kinemon would know that they were already given away.

As for Oden showing up after they've been beaten by Kaido... how doesn't that make sense? Is he gonna sit it out if they need help and he has an actual chance to help? I'm not convinced of anything, I just am prepared to accept the possibility and have my preference.
Oda doesnt write chapters based on break weeks lol. Many chapters end mundanely before a break week, there is no correlation. It wasn't a big reveal, he just shows up lol

I've explained the part I bolded here before. Why would he show up late and not DURING the fight? It doesn't make sense if this was all predetermined and he was supposed to make it for the battle.

Anyway, tired of arguing the rest. This is getting really silly because Toki clearly stated you can't go back in time. To say now that she was lying is like saying Roger/Whitebeard are lying about One Piece existing. There are things in the story you just have to accept as fact and this is virtually one of them.

Toki being able to go to the past breaks all sorts of implications. She could pull any old warrior from the past and use them to fight Kaido now. She could repeatedly pull copies of people from.the past if they die in the future, not to mention time loops and timeline splitting. It's a complete fucking mess for Oden to be alive or Toki to be able to return to the past. Its far less confusing that she can only go the future. Its far MORE confusing if she can pull dead people from past.

I really hope Oda kills this next chapter, it was a bad idea to leave this as a cliffhanger at all for any chapter. Too many people here are trying to find logic loopholes when Oda very carefully outlined Odens life and Toki's powers.

At the end we can see that Oden has his goatee but he only had that full goatee from the end of the 5 years of shame to the eve of his execution (he doesn't have it anymore on the day of his death).

What could this mean ? :memehm:
This could really be Oden sent on a time limit to the future when he was in prison.

At the end we can see that Oden has his goatee but he only had that full goatee from the end of the 5 years of shame to the eve of his execution (he doesn't have it anymore on the day of his death).

What could this mean ? :memehm:
This could really be Oden sent on a time limit to the future when he was in prison.
He has it on the day of the execution. Look at the panel where he was holding the scabbards above the boiling oil.

Oda doesnt write chapters based on break weeks lol. Many chapters end mundanely before a break week, there is no correlation. It wasn't a big reveal, he just shows up lol

I've explained the part I bolded here before. Why would he show up late and not DURING the fight? It doesn't make sense if this was all predetermined and he was supposed to make it for the battle.

Anyway, tired of arguing the rest. This is getting really silly because Toki clearly stated you can't go back in time. To say now that she was lying is like saying Roger/Whitebeard are lying about One Piece existing. There are things in the story you just have to accept as fact and this is virtually one of them.

Toki being able to go to the past breaks all sorts of implications. She could pull any old warrior from the past and use them to fight Kaido now. She could repeatedly pull copies of people from.the past if they die in the future, not to mention time loops and timeline splitting. It's a complete fucking mess for Oden to be alive or Toki to be able to return to the past. Its far less confusing that she can only go the future. Its far MORE confusing if she can pull dead people from past.

I really hope Oda kills this next chapter, it was a bad idea to leave this as a cliffhanger at all for any chapter. Too many people here are trying to find logic loopholes when Oda very carefully outlined Odens life and Toki's powers.
Saying Oda is unaware of the release schedule is like saying he's unaware of where the volume will end. You won't always get a good cliffhanger but to say it's indiscriminate has to ignore a lot of common sense for a serial publication.

Saying Oda is unaware of the release schedule is like saying he's unaware of where the volume will end. You won't always get a good cliffhanger but to say it's indiscriminate has to ignore a lot of common sense for a serial publication.
His "break" schedule only started due to his health lol, it has nothing to do with how he leaves cliffhangers. "My other name is Yamato" (994) was a chapter before a break week. There are many other examples of this.

Chopper drew blood from a calamity! That was quite unexpected. As for the Oden thing, I was on the Caterina Devon train until a few minutes ago, when an idea struck me. We have not seen the Hypnotism Devil fruit in the story as far as I can remember. I think it is likely that one of the CP-0 members have such a powerful fruit, and this "Oden" is just an illusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.