Greatest Hype In this Chapter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't like downgrading strongest character in the manga this much.

This power jump for Luffy is seriously retarded man.

I was happy that Zoro cuts Kaido and shit but behind my head I always believed that Novas beating Kaido let alone Kaido and Big Mom is retarded Fairy Tail writing.

It is happening before our eyes.

If Luffy beats Kaido here Kishimito deserves apology from the Manga fans for making his power levels too stupid.

2 weeks ago Luffy was Ko'ed by one bagua.

Right now it may shape up to Luffy beating Kaido 1 vs 1.

This power jump is fucking ridiculous.

I never thought for a second that Novas can win this without Admirals or Shanks.
Yeah, I pretty much agree here. Notice how absurd this whole fight feels that the chapters in which the Scabbards faced Kaido were ultimately for nothing as they didn't achieve anything, and how we spent who knows hoy many chapters in Udon so Luffy could learn two advanced forms of armament that will now be completely overshadowed by a new usage of conqueror's that feels completely uninspired and reiterative (wasn't the whole "hitting without touching" what advanced armament did quite literally...?).

The Scabbards should have reopened Oden's scar, Zoro should have made a new one and Luffy should have been capable of carrying the whole fight from there by, first, not showing such difference with Kaido (as you said, the first Thunder Bagua was absurd in retrospective), and second stressing that an enhanced Gear Fourth with advanced armament and an arguable Gear Fifth were enough to finally defeat the emperor (especially because he was spamming Gear Fourth like if he had mastered it until recently).

I mean, the very idea of focusing on conqueror's here when the last two emperors remaining are the last conqueror Luffy will likely have to face in order to "conquer" the throne of piracy and the person who has been stressed arguably the most as a user of this power just sounds so, so, so dumb from a narrative point of view...

Except that Kaido himself has foreshadowed the appearance of a samurai on Oden’s level. He needs to see his attempt to disarm and weaken the samurai of Wano utterly fail when the Scabbards defeat his henchmen and Zoro, with his ambiguous connections to the Wano immigrants in Shimotsuki, manages to accomplish something even Oden couldn’t do. Zoro’s connections to Wano, his mastery of Enma and his parallels with Ryuma have not been touched on at all this arc, and don’t even try to weasel out of this one.

Are we also forgetting Toki’s prophecy that pertains directly to the conclusion of this arc? Either the Scabbards will return for Kaido’s head or Zoro will use another round of Ashura, but either way, Luffy is not soloing him til the end.
Well Kaido did not even see the potential of Oden in any of the Scabbards, so if he sees that in Zoro, than he can make the claim that another monster samurai like Oden was born, as in someone who has the potential to reach the same heights unlike the others.

I'll definitely say though that it is odd how Zoro managing to give him a lasting scar doesn't seem to get as much praise as it seems it would warrant from Kaido.

I do think there's at least one more big moment left for Zoro this arc, but i don't know how much it will be a combat moment after Zoro said this is the best he can do and that he leaves it to the others if it fails, and then Luffy asking Law and Zoro to leave Kaido to him.

Honestly, it's really hard to tell exactly how things will go from now on, so i'm not going to hold it against your or anyone else for making speculations in that regard. It's possible that there's a whole lot more to go of this arc, and eventually Zoro get's if not to full on take part in a fight again for an extended period of time, at least pull of some final move to impact the ensuing battle .

It's odd because this is framed as the final move, but who knows. Things are certainly going in directions most of us didn't expect with this Luffy vs Kaido 1 vs 1 getting pushed and everyone else getting kicked out of that battlefied.

The covering oneself with CoC does fit with BM at the tea party as well.

I always thought it was weird that Big Mom would release a burst of CoC when she loses her sense of self. It makes a lot more sense that she consistently covers herself with CoC (which makes her so impenetrable) and the burst of CoC we see when she loses her sense of self is just her being incapable of holding it together anymore and like a balloon popping the CoC she uses to protect herself is what bursts forward. This explains why it happens and why she is able to be hurt after it

fans when other characters do something totally unexpected of them(like zoro blocking hakai for sec, zoro scarring kaido): zoro goat , strongest,, hypee

fans when luffy does something great and thats not even unexpected: bullshit writing, plot armor no mi, whatever the fuck they want

Hypocrisy at its best
And this is because of How awful oda has Wrote Zoro on the New World XD
This guy can not look bad and stop doing cool things...How can you expect from his fans to not be like that?? XDXD

Depends on whether Asura = advanced CoC or Zoro subconsciously amplified his Asura with advanced CoC.
Zoro has Advanced CoC as Kaido confirms it..Adv CoC property is attacking without touching right..those arms are illusions manifestation of CoC..probably the most advanced version seen yet.

But Zoro doesn't know what it is..yet he can use it.
Ashura itself is made of Adv CoC

That's not where I'm getting at. Zoro can leave, that's no problem.
However, Zoro not interacting with Kaido at any other point in the arc leaves a few things unresolved.
"Oden's haki", Enma and its blackening, and now this "You have King's Haki too?"
Add the fact that we haven't had a Zoro chapter yet. It becomes glaringly obvious that Zoro's involvement in the arc isn't over yet.

This turns out to match pretty well with Thriller Bark, as I've said before. The only difference being that instead of an entirely new threat coming to take Luffy's head. Kaido is the one who "returns" to take Luffy's head after he defeats him. At least this is how I view things going. This gives an excellent opportunity for Zoro to continue his interaction with Kaido.
Personally I think he's done on the roof but what's your thought on how it plays out?
He tried his strongest attack but Kaido still didn't fall.

Kaido is surrounded and distracted and was worried about BM and focused on taking out Luffy permanently before he woke up because he was scared of his stare. We'll wait to for the pictures and see but Kaido is not as effected by this as he was by Oden's attack.
Also in One Piece AP doesn't go down on the brink of death, it goes up with his back against the wall haki blooming, so no "nerfed Zoro's AP scaling" please, Luffy just got knocked out by advanced CoC last chapter and here he is fucking up Kaido, in base.

With all broken bones obviously attack would reduce in power even if it is advanced CoC and no Zoro wasn't extremely damaged against Kaku..dude had enough left in him to end another fight.

Zoro just chooses to rely on Ashura until the very end.

But lets say each Ashura attack is as powerful as that one..Zoro can land that one attack..Kaido is already fucked up..then fuck him up even more with another attack

Kaido ain't taken more than 3 of those even if he doesn't get beheaded he'll simply die of blood loss and pain
Nope. Broken bones have never been an indicator to weaker attacks in OP.

The covering oneself with CoC does fit with BM at the tea party as well.

I always thought it was weird that Big Mom would release a burst of CoC when she loses her sense of self. It makes a lot more sense that she consistently covers herself with CoC (which makes her so impenetrable) and the burst of CoC we see when she loses her sense of self is just her being incapable of holding it together anymore and like a balloon popping the CoC she uses to protect herself is what bursts forward. This explains why it happens and why she is able to be hurt after it
Thats a good point, I really like Big Mom overall and hope she puts a great showing against Kidd and Killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.