Who should be the next mod of the spoiler thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I think it's reverse. Before timeskip, the editors had a lot more power which is why the pacing was so much better pretime skip. But then One Piece reached record levels which made Oda have more control, where he even said in interviews he doesn't like when his editors gives him suggestions because "it's his story".
:lusalty::pepeanger::lawsigh:

I

Indigo

Monster Trio is a thing of the past. They will officially be a Yonko crew by the end of Wano.
Big Mom Pirates - Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker.
Red Hair Pirates - Ben Beckman, Lucky Roo, Yasopp.
Whitebeard Pirates - Marco, Jozu, Vista.
Beast Pirates - King, Queen, Jack.
Blackbeard Pirates - Burgess, Shiryu, ? Van Augur ? (not sure about the order in this one).

There's going to be a top trio on the straw hat crew without Luffy tho.

It has to be some combination of Zoro, Sanji, Yamato and Jinbei right?

H

humanbeing

I think the BM pirates will join Kaido forces to balance the fight a little bit. after this chapter Kaido's forces are in the disadvantage.

Based on how Wano has been going so far for Usopp and Nami, Nami's victory is underwhelming as fuck.

I'm sure it'll be a dope panel but Oda skips 98% of the initial fight & just shows Usopp about to be taken out 1v2. Then we get Namis moment, which could've been better imo if it had proper build up like Usopps in Alabasta. Then we get Nami being enraged at Ulti for hurting Tama & thats been taken away by Big Moms fusion attack.

Hearing Nami "wins" just sounds underwhelming considering we skipped the 1st fight and have Ulti take a heavy hit from Big Mom, only to give Nami a power up to take out Ulti who took a severe hit not that long ago.

Idk how the other fights are going to go but this lowkey killed some of my interest in fights that are still ongoing.
Wait to say this until you see how the page shows their interaction in context.

If it looks "underwhelming", chances are she's not down. Oda removing major players mid chapter is very unorthodox. He usually dedicates at least a chapter to taking out a member for the enemy faction.

I still think their recovery is going to okay a big role in how they stop them: kairoseki

Big Mom Pirates - Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker.
Red Hair Pirates - Ben Beckman, Lucky Roo, Yasopp.
Whitebeard Pirates - Marco, Jozu, Vista.
Beast Pirates - King, Queen, Jack.
Blackbeard Pirates - Burgess, Shiryu, ? Van Augur ? (not sure about the order in this one).

There's going to be a top trio on the straw hat crew without Luffy tho.

It has to be some combination of Zoro, Sanji, Yamato and Jinbei right?
Zoro, Sanji, & Yamato are obviously the commanders with Jimbe as the WW/Snack - unofficial YC4

But Zoro is the special vice captain kind of YC1 that’s on a different level than a Katakuri or a King.

writing and pacing are completely diferent things
This is incorrect. “Writing” doesn’t just refer to logical consistency, it also refers to how well structured, paced, and crafted a story arc is.

This arc is not bad if you binge read it, and theres plenty of interesting stuff for us to uncover. Its just a pain to read it every week since Oda loves his stupid unnecessary cliffhangers that only exist to waste time and make the pacing even more of a pain.
Unfortunately this is also not true, at least for Wano since it’s the only arc I’ve reread large chunks of.

If the ending of this chapter is Yamato and Kaido talking again then it's comparable to whole cake where Oda used the same Sanji panel to end the chapter, the one where he said he'll make a cake that'll make big mom faint.

Status
Not open for further replies.