Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand how, but how Luffy got from 1000 to 1010 to 1025, but to do it in a matter of 30 minutes is insane, I do not believe it's good writing. It makes it seem he got more powerful in those 2 fights in that short timespan compared to the 2 years training he did and the training in Udon

It's similar to Katakuri fight except this fight will be much shorter.
It's at least coming from some training and connects with previous story beats, this is now headcanon territory but if we see CoO as the weakest part of his training followed by CoA and finally his supposed specialty being CoC then the accelerated timeframe on top of his Udon training to grasp haki concepts at least pays off in some way to his efforts so far, CoC was seemingly only useful for fodder control yet even powerful figures in Marineford feared it for some reason.
I see it as something abrupt but more understandable than his first gears, the idea of haki blooming from some epiphany has been somewhat present and the concept of some small connection with his understanding of haki and specialty with watching Kaido apply it first hand works for Luffy like it did with soru and Katakuri's vision.

Oda just realized he made initial post time skip Luffy too weak.

Hence why he made g4.

Then future sight.

Then acoa/c.

Op could end in 1200s if Odens journal has laughtale directions.

Hell, once Luffy wins he will have 3/4 road ponegliffs
It won't have Laugh Tale directions....that would entirely make the last 300 chapters pointless.

He said he's ending OP in five years 3 consecutive years in a row. The final arc will last longer than anything the series has done because that's now 99% of epics end or struggle to end. Next arc isn't even the final arc either.

The writing doesn't back anything. They are missing the final Road Poneglyph. There are 2 more Yonko. There is at least 3 islands they need to visit. And there is a huge final war. Not to mention the 200+ characters that need their relevance and storylines addressed.
He isn't fighting Shanks dude. Oda is clearly getting sick of this.

Because you're putting too much thought into powerscaling. He doesn't care about it as much, and prioritizes plot over the actual fights.

You can tell Because he's offscreening damn near everything.

I just think fights in general is one of Odas weak points. Majority of one piece fights aren't that good or even memorable. The emotional ones sure, but those are few in between.

I've always had this view in regards to one piece & their fights which is why I'm not interested in Onigashima. Not only that but I read other manga that actually show the fights they set up so I can enjoy those because I know what to expect from Oda so I don't get my hopes up Because it'll only be disappointment on the other side.
I always said OP characters are as strong as the plot needs them to be. Then almost every thread or debate is about character X vs character Y and powerscaling. I don't know anything!

It's at least coming from some training and connects with previous story beats
It's at least coming from some training and connects with previous story beats, this is now headcanon territory but if we see CoO as the weakest part of his training followed by CoA and finally his supposed specialty being CoC then the accelerated timeframe on top of his Udon training to grasp haki concepts at least pays off in some way to his efforts so far, CoC was seemingly only useful for fodder control yet even powerful figures in Marineford feared it for some reason.
I see it as something abrupt but more understandable than his first gears, the idea of haki blooming from some epiphany has been somewhat present and the concept of some small connection with his understanding of haki and specialty with watching Kaido apply it first hand works for Luffy like it did with soru and Katakuri's vision.
, this is now headcanon territory but if we see CoO as the weakest part of his training followed by CoA and finally his supposed specialty being CoC then the accelerated timeframe on top of his Udon training to grasp haki concepts at least pays off in some way to his efforts so far, CoC was seemingly only useful for fodder control yet even powerful figures in Marineford feared it for some reason.
i wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

To me this killed any chance of a climactic war though. Coating CoC should in theory be somewhat different than Coating CoA

The timeframe Luffy learning CoC coating was 10 seconds

I think it's bad writing, as a patreon here, I freely air out my grievances

Status
Not open for further replies.