Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Natalija Law looks really cool in this chapter:shocking:
When does that babe not look cool? :wellwell:
He killed Ace so I doubt that he's doing it because of his kindness. Since Wano arc has no tension Oda is desperately trying to add some tension by fak deaths, which are not working on the western audience at all, but I'm sure the Japanese fans are crying with every fake death.
Ace doesn’t count at this point, for me this is something which happened 10 years ago. Ten years without a relevant death - that’s being unable to kill characters. To have more tension/drama and for Luffy to have more sacrifice, someone will have to die

Toei gonna go crazy with this hype chapter :finally:
Toei is very likely gonna extend that fight as well. They have been putting the effort and money so its definitely worth the watch.

Good chapter.

I really like the battle between BM vs Kid and Law. Neither of them are pulling their punches. The battle is only going to get more intense. This was only the introduction to their awakening. The next chapters are going to show more.
The chapter gives me the impression that Law and Kidd used their respecting moves as a last ditch effort. This definitely looks like the end of their fight but I don't think Big Mom is defeated.

I hate that Oda cant just let defeated character be. Kanjuro should have neber came back. His defeat to the scabbards before the Kaido battle should have been his end. This s just pointless overextension. Same for Kinemon and the rest of them scabbards. Kaido defeated them, they should just stay down. And Orochi too though with him its atleast kinda understandable with his fruit. This is the difference between 120 chapters and 80 chapters, giving lots of panel time or even whole chapters to underwhelming and unimportant characters...

Kid and Law were awesome

this again.
nobody dies when we are up againts a warlord
nobody dies when we are up againts the world goverment
nobody dies (apart from ace and wb) when we are up against the admirals. even then the death is literally in the last couple of chapter

the fake out death is a fair critisism but this is not
Nobody dying is correlated to the fake death outs. I would have no problem if nobody died but the fact Oda puts us through this time and time again undermines the sense of danger and emotional investment we readers put in.

Last edited:
The way Kin'emon survived is the worst excuse Oda ever used and Kanjuro back again is just one more crap to drag the arc.
Chapters 1014 and 1015 were awesome for the samurai tragedy, but now...

Awakening really had to be pulled out of nowhere to save this chapter. Kid and Law are finally able to damage BM although I hate the drawbacks that only Luffy and his allies get, but at least is something new and progress to this fight. Wonder if Yamato will join them later.

This was an epic chapter. Law and Kid were epic, and Law’s awakening is pretty awesome, can’t wait to see more of it. All of his attacks are pretty brutal looking, and obviously super damaging. A sword through the neck and and electrocution from the inside? Damn. Also, noticed how his attack was the German word for “will,” so perhaps a reference to his own CoC? He obviously has it, or will get it soon if he doesn’t (I think the former is more likely), as he’s not going to be only one of the three leaders of the next generation and not have it.

With this, they are indisputably the top of the generation. The fanboy arguments can stop now. Law and Kid have always been the next in line after Luffy, and the gap between those two and the next supernova is fairly large. There’s a reason that they are fighting a Yonko while the next two perceived strongest Supernova were fighting a Yonko commander and another Supernova, both of whom Big Mom would dog walk. Hopefully (yeah, right) certain parts of the fanbase will just drop it and enjoy their favorite characters for their character, as opposed to making wild and wrong statements about their strength.

Luffy looks to be doing just fine against Kaido, and he still hasn’t jumped into Gear 4 from the looks of it, so he’s still fighting Kaido in base which is really, really impressive.

If Kinemon was going to live, which I think everyone expected, this was a hilarious way to do it.

Definitely feels even more tense now with the addition of the fire demon thing Kanjuro drew before dying. Great chapter, looking forward to the rest of the Law and Kid fight vs Big Mom, as well as the other major ones, obviously.

Someone should tell Oda through mails or SBS or whatever to stop reading fairy tails
No, the problem is you guys read one piece like it's Game of Thrones instead of its obviously lighter influences.

Lord of The Rings barely has death outside of fodder, and the series widely regarded as grandfather of fantasy and one of the best stories of our time.

There are plenty of people who say this shit coming from a mile a way because their expectation was that Oda won't kill anyone without a reason to drive the plot. We already know Kin hasn't seen his wife in 20 years. Oda isn't writing a drab story where this shit doesn't payoff in a bitter sweet way.

It's fuckin One Piece, the gags and fakeouts ARE part of the damn manga's DNA, whether you like it or not. It's been a staple for over 20 years.

No, the problem is you guys read one piece like it's Game of Thrones instead of its obviously lighter influences.

Lord of The Rings barely has death outside of fodder, and the series widely regarded as grandfather of fantasy and one of the best stories of our time.

There are plenty of people who say this shit coming from a mile a way because their expectation was that Oda won't kill anyone without a reason to drive the plot. We already know Kin hasn't seen his wife in 20 years. Oda isn't writing a drab story where this shit doesn't payoff in a bitter sweet way.

It's fuckin One Piece, the gags and fakeouts ARE part of the damn manga's DNA, whether you like it or not. It's been a staple for over 20 years.
I have no problem with lack of deaths but why keep bringing everyone up again? Just leave defeated characters down and if you have to bring them back, do it at the banquet later

Game of Thrones deaths also fools people because GRRM is a genius and inserted characters that in other stories are in a flashback during the present time of the story. So it happens that Ned Stark for example is not an actual main character for the story, neither was Robb, Oberyn and more.
The true main characters of the story were always Brandon Stark, Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, Daenerys and Arya. By the end of the story only one of them died, it is not like GRRM is killing his main characters left and right as well.
All of them on the beginning of GoT were either kids or teens except for Tyrion.
Imagine Oda started writing One Piece like GoT via a multiple POV but instead of starting the story when Luffy is already read to sail, he starts by the time all of the Strawhats are kids, imagine the amount of death OP would have. He simply cannot do that because it is another source of media.

Status
Not open for further replies.