What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think oda is trying to solidify luffy’s position as a top tier by making him fighting almost equally with kaido in g2 and g3 as they have no draw back, eventually kaido would beat regular luffy to also hype up kaido, then luffy would pull out his g4 which is not perfect and is going to barely win against powered up kaido

Sanji been training luffy... It was probably offscreened lmao
Sanji should ask him to teach future sight or barrier Haki
Lmao Oda doesn't have the patience to draw original fighting panels anymore.
You know he redraws flashback panels right? Like we see the exact same Baratie scenes but he's actually redrawn instead of pasting.

I really hope Oda is focusing on Big Mom vs Kid and Law next chapters
On paper it sounds very exciting but it lacks intesity a fight of this caliber should have
Because I don’t think Oda knows how to choreograph a fight with Big Mom in it. That’s why her fight has been shown as minimally as possible and when it is shown, they’re just standing in the same position as the previous chapter lol

Because I don’t think Oda knows how to choreograph a fight with Big Mom in it. That’s why her fight has been shown as minimally as possible and when it is shown, they’re just standing in the same position as the previous chapter lol
:kaidowhat:

Like Kaido (until this chapter) she hasn't really gotten a full fight Chapter while being serious. Have patience

Luffy is the next Joy BOY. That’s Oda's intention, a childish hero. He’s stubborn, has no character development and looks slightly goofy/childish. That’s Oda's ideal hero type.
Do I like it? Not really. I like complex MC's with some depth but OP is about Luffy, the next Joy Boy
East blue and early pre-timskip Luffy had a bit of complexity to it, still goofy and cringe, but at least there was something going on for him, with future character development potential.
Post automatically merged:

I see ....since when did looks =/= powerlevel or so called badassness?....it is extremely "silly" and "cringe" that people measure "badass"ness by looks....:okay:
I'm not saying it's only looks...

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
He's talking about how it's drawn. It is pretty good
I guess, but it’s not that special compared to other spreads we’ve seen in this arc, or hell, other vignettes from this very same fight that’s gone on for months now. Maybe it’s just a matter of personal taste, but seeing Luffy land a blow on Kaido isn’t that exciting when we all know it’ll have no tangible effect until Oda finally decides to wrap it up…like, sure, it looks cool, but the Yonko seems relatively unfazed afterwards, and oh yeah, even if it DID do some damage, Big Mom is still very much in play elsewhere, can’t you feel how badly Oda wants us to think he’ll successfully subvert our expectations??

I'm not saying it's only looks...
you are saying it is cringe just by looks....you claim to know a thing or two about martial arts but there is no goofy fighting style you ever heard? like drunken fighting style?....besides all Luffy fights have part goofiness like mizu Luffy, no brain fight with enel, G3 drawback against Lucci etc....but hey you do you because this is post skip and you have mentally fixed that there should be no positive outlook or perspective anything that happens in post skip ...

East blue and early pre-timskip Luffy had a bit of complexity to it, still goofy and cringe, but at least there was something going on for him, with future character development potential.
There is complexity here too.

His anger at his weakness before leading him to fight Fujitora
the compelling desire to overcome Katakuri,
stubbornly waiting for Sanji with 100% belief because he "couldn't become pirate king without him"
being the only one to challenge Momo in multiple points to bring out the best in him,
great dialogue to not letting Jinbe die
telling Tama about Ace's death
being the only one confident on the rooftop of their victory
He telepathically contacted people without VoAT, something no other creature or being has done,
laughed while grabbing Kaido and telling Yamato not to interfere in his 1vs1 to become a true Yonko caliber character.
Now you have chapters with him laughing but having a deep seriousness undercutting it as shown in this chapter.

most likely has an interesting awakening to come (gomu gomu no what?),

Luffy making clear in this chapter that there is no fairness in a pirate's fight, in case some people can't understand and like to use that as an argue

Luffy vs Katakuri: Luffy says that same shit when Katakuri stabs him due to Flampe's attack

Zoro vs King: Zoro attacks King cuz he was standing still right in front of him

King tries to blown Zoro away out of Onigashima so he would fall all the way through, he also tried to steal Zoro's swords

There are many other examples from the Monster Trio fights

I guess, but it’s not that special compared to other spreads we’ve seen in this arc, or hell, other vignettes from this very same fight that’s gone on for months now. Maybe it’s just a matter of personal taste, but seeing Luffy land a blow on Kaido isn’t that exciting when we all know it’ll have no tangible effect until Oda finally decides to wrap it up…like, sure, it looks cool, but the Yonko seems relatively unfazed afterwards, and oh yeah, even if it DID do some damage, Big Mom is still very much in play elsewhere, can’t you feel how badly Oda wants us to think he’ll successfully subvert our expectations??
I don't need them subverted. Just need a good fight, which I'm getting so:kayneshrug:
Post automatically merged:

A couple pages of her doing something doesn’t really mean anything when the vast majority of her fighting moments are her standing in place, or being awkward and clumsy lol
Like I said, have patience. I was showing you that he can show her fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.