Does Coby have COC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Take 8 year old Luffy going solo against the bandits for insulting his friends. Or Ace as an 10 year old going against the Bluejam pirates.

Compare that to Coby, who is (almost) twice the age, 16 (!) and licking the boots of a fodder like Alvida because he pisses his pants at the thought of having his ass spanked. You are born with those qualities of a king, you inherit it. You can't be a crybaby scared of having your ass spanked as a 16 year old if you are born with these qualities.
I think this is not a fair comparison at all.

Since you brought up the example of child Luffy insulting these bandits: Don't forget that Shanks already influenced Luffy at this moment positively. If there was no Shanks, Luffy would take a completely different path. Who knows when Luffy would even start training. Well, since there is also Garp, Luffy still would find a proper mentor and role model to show him the way.

Meanwhile, Coby had none of that until he was 16. He was a cowardly weak cabin boy who worked for a low level pirate. Now this was the moment when Coby's life got turned upside down: Luffy came, rescued him and became Coby's Shanks. He positively influenced Coby to pursue his dreams. Then Coby perfectly demonstrated his kingly ambitions to become an admiral in the future and these are the two factors:

1.) Luffy. Yes, Coby is a Luffy fanboy but at the same time, Luffy was also the catalyst for Coby pursuing his dream. As I said, he's like Shanks for Coby. Luffy is also basically a Shanks fanboy, let's not forget that. Coby's admiration towards Luffy doesn't contradict the fact that he has all the factors to unlock his own conqueror's haki.

2.) Garp was the next one. His mentor who showed him the ways of the navy. He was the one who taught Coby all that stuff and made him into a powerful navy soldier with great CoO (and CoA?). Similar to how Kuzan was a bum at the beginning but then started having same striking strength as Garp.
Coby needed the same training and he successed everything due to his ambitions. Not everyone can do that.

So yes, it isn't farfetched to think that Coby became far stronger during the 2.5 years when he consistently trained to steel his body and mind. Oda basically says that Coby is highly gifted with talent.

I still think that unlocking ACoC is too soon though. The basic stuff would be a better start, especially since ACoC is also linked to Ryuo.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I accept my L. I had prime garp above Kaido but Kaido showed better feats. He is above prime garp for now
I told you that you hold old legends way too high.
What King said is true, Kaido was stronger than all of them during their prime.
Only unclear standing is with Rocks, his captain who was taken out before Kaido's prime.

You also have Luffy's attacks plus KKG with adv coc. Also Kaido was holding the island Which decreased his stamina.

Full serious Kaido will also land roaring thunder bagua and more attacks. There is so much Garp can take.
Over Kong gun are probably the level of Prime Garp's stronger punches.
Post automatically merged:

Being a subordinate doesn't disqualify you, especially when you are beneath a bigger conqueror. Katakuri in his own sense was a leader to his family too, everyone looked up to him and respected him, he was the MVP during the WCI incident. As a child he also displayed a rebellious and courageous nature.
Sure but spending most of ur time on your knees and fanboying over your enemy like Koby surely disqualifies someone from being a CoC user imo.

Since you brought up the example of child Luffy insulting these bandits: Don't forget that Shanks already influenced Luffy at this moment positively.
I mean, to be fair, Luffy was the one who constantly surprised Shanks, by saying what Roger said (whatever it might be) and standing up to Shanks to Shanks' own surprise. It is kinda in Luffy's nature. Garp as a child was also displayed as a rebellious rowdy. So I don't think that without Shanks' or Garp's influence, at the age of 16, Luffy would have ended up incompetent. Just like Ace was very rebellious and courageous as a child. Koby at the age of 16 was basically afraid of his own shadow.

That being said, it's still possible for Coby to get CoC, because as people pointed out, in the end it's up to Oda. He gives it to anyone he wants. And Koby did display a crazy growth rate under the right guidance.

Katakuri ambition is being the protector of his family as perfect undefeated big brother
The protector leads!
Coby ambition of being an admiral to end piracy is kingly ambition.

WB wanted a family to lead and protect, Kingly ambition

You should stop thinking "crying = weak willed, no CoC"

It's all about the ambition/goal and how far you wanna go for it
WB , katakuri would do anything for their families
Coby would do anything for his dream
Etc...
Sanji will do anything for his girls, COC Confirmed?

Being a subordinate doesn't disqualify you, especially when you are beneath a bigger conqueror. Katakuri in his own sense was a leader to his family too, everyone looked up to him and respected him, he was the MVP during the WCI incident. As a child he also displayed a rebellious and courageous nature.

You really aren't able to grasp what I'm trying to say Doodle. I never said conquerors aren't allowed to cry or show emotion, that's bullshit. But there is a difference between crying because you lost a loved one or, at basically the same age (16) licking a fat east blue fodder pirate's boots and crying at the thought of being exposed to violence and hence preferring a slave life. Just stop making it sound like these are the same things.
If it is about being respected Koby is hella respected by his squad even Garp respect him .
Helmeppo who was in constant competition with him have admit inferiority .
Let's not forget he is the new marines hero .

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
No? First of all, Shadow Asgard Moriah is giga slow and lacks actual AP despite cracking TB. Why? Because the same Moriah was destroyed by gears stacking and it has nothing besides pure brute force. An Elephant Gun is far stronger than the Pre-TS version of gears stacking and would knock Moriah's light out with ease.
Im not following. Why does Moria lack AP when none of those island splitting punches were actually brushed away by our cast?

He lost to gear stacking because as you said he couldnt maintain his own ultimate technique hence why he was weak. But dont forget that's after fighting Nightmare Luffy and taking Gomu Storm from Nightmare Luffy. Oars is a zombie he feels nothing meanwhile Moria was feeling every one of those hits.

I am not saying Cracker loses to the washed up version of Moria, but the Moria that the WG expected to show up when they made him a Warlord? Yea he's definitely way above Cracker.

If it is about being respected Koby is hella respected by his squad even Garp respect him .
Helmeppo who was in constant competition with him have admit inferiority .
Let's not forget he is the new marines hero .
Yes. I mean based on how Koby acts now and his fast growth rate, he does qualify for a conqueror. I just think Oda made the change of character a bit drastic.

You also have Luffy's attacks plus KKG with adv coc. Also Kaido was holding the island Which decreased his stamina.

Full serious Kaido will also land roaring thunder bagua and more attacks. There is so much Garp can take.
Just compare their strongest attacks fodder impact aint shit and he doesn't even have FS but Kaido haters can't handle the truth + his endurance >>> Garp's
Speaking about old Garp over kong gun + Ashura are more than enough to destroy him :goyea:

I think this is not a fair comparison at all.

Since you brought up the example of child Luffy insulting these bandits: Don't forget that Shanks already influenced Luffy at this moment positively. If there was no Shanks, Luffy would take a completely different path. Who knows when Luffy would even start training. Well, since there is also Garp, Luffy still would find a proper mentor and role model to show him the way.

Meanwhile, Coby had none of that until he was 16. He was a cowardly weak cabin boy who worked for a low level pirate. Now this was the moment when Coby's life got turned upside down: Luffy came, rescued him and became Coby's Shanks. He positively influenced Coby to pursue his dreams. Then Coby perfectly demonstrated his kingly ambitions to become an admiral in the future and these are the two factors:

1.) Luffy. Yes, Coby is a Luffy fanboy but at the same time, Luffy was also the catalyst for Coby pursuing his dream. As I said, he's like Shanks for Coby. Luffy is also basically a Shanks fanboy, let's not forget that. Coby's admiration towards Luffy doesn't contradict the fact that he has all the factors to unlock his own conqueror's haki.

2.) Garp was the next one. His mentor who showed him the ways of the navy. He was the one who taught Coby all that stuff and made him into a powerful navy soldier with great CoO (and CoA?). Similar to how Kuzan was a bum at the beginning but then started having same striking strength as Garp.
Coby needed the same training and he successed everything due to his ambitions. Not everyone can do that.

So yes, it isn't farfetched to think that Coby became far stronger during the 2.5 years when he consistently trained to steel his body and mind. Oda basically says that Coby is highly gifted with talent.

I still think that unlocking ACoC is too soon though. The basic stuff would be a better start, especially since ACoC is also linked to Ryuo.

I agree with everything except acoc linked with ryou this is not the case .
Kaido and Yamato and zoro can't use ryou but they have acoc .

Katakuri would do anything to protect his family except going against his children eating mother:saden:
Did you see Linlin eating his kids? No
She doesn't even attack her own children unless they rebel against her (which was toxic mothers do )

I feel like you guys are troll accounts...bots
Anyway,
Who are you even...I've been seeing you QUOTE me and that

Old Garp fought an entire YC crew (and not just any) + an Admiral. And was cheap shotted.
And that was old Garp.

Even WB did less than Kaido, but we know that healthy WB>Kaido.
The talk about kaido having a better performance than wb is totally crazy for me, he do not have anything coming close to island splitter punches, the man was hyped as the one who could literally destroy the world:kriwhat:

Old Garp fought an entire YC crew (and not just any) + an Admiral. And was cheap shotted.
And that was old Garp.

Even WB did less than Kaido, but we know that healthy WB>Kaido.
Fighting and defeating commanders isn't that much of a big deal. Aokiji took his attacks and was able to keep fighting.

Prime WB has portrayal advantage but id he failed to show any new feats then I won't rank him higher

Last edited:
How's that going for katakuri right now?
Half his family is missing, his mother and older brother are dead, sister is kidnapped by another yonko, another brother got negged, couldn't contain his prisoners and last but not least he is himself hurting his brother.
Oh forgot to add, he didn't do shit when his mother abused his other siblings

Some protector he is:kayneshrug:
If you think Katakuri isn't coming ti Beehive for pudding and also for what kuzan did to Cracker and cacao island, then you're mistaken

First thing first, Kuzan does not have Prime Garp Level strength. We know some time passes, as Garp states various instances of his life, like Dragon or Luffy. If Anything Kuzan matched a 65-70ish Garp level strength, which is already good but slightly out of prime.

Second, I didn't like these two chapters, they were sloppy, rushed and didn't do any justice to neither the Ex-Admiral nor Garp, unless we know both sandbagged on purpose due to Garp knowing Kuzan's motivation, I think Oda should handled this better.

About Garp vs Kuzan, without any hypothetical outcomes or imaginative scenarios like Admiral's awakening and being unbiased, Garp looked overall superior. There a lot of considerable facts to consider since we don't have the full summary and more could happen.

But, from what 1087 showed and the little we have from 1088, it's what it looks like. I dislike the fact that Kuzan used those fodders, if I blame Shiryu from using underhanded methods, I can't favor Kuzan because he's an Admiral and I'm an Admiral Fan.

If we consider Awakening, and depending on both Kuzan and Garp are in this chapter and get new insight, my opinion can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.