Chapter Discussion One Piece Chapter 986: My Name

Rate the chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
A zombie is a deceased person brought back to life, so DF powers or not, he still died.
“Death” is just a writer’s copout from Oda lol. Who cares if Absalom died if he isn’t actually going to be removed from the story?

That’s ultimately what the whole “Death” conversation in OP boils down to, the idea that Oda is too scared to actually remove characters from the story in a meaningful way, so that when he actually does “kill” someone like Pound, there’s no point in believing it anymore because Oda will undo Vergo’s, Monet’s, and Pedro’s Death in a freaking heartbeat if he thinks it’d be funny to see them cooking some obscure Japanese dish in a cover story.

I don’t care how many characters Oda “kills”, I care how many of them Oda is brave enough to remove from the story for the sake of narrative weight, the number of which is basically 0.

What a great moment for the scabbards! I guess this attack will actually do some damage, he froze in fear and remembered Oden and his words before he inflicted Kaido's only scar!
Luffy awareness of where is the heart of the problem is exceptional, Yama-o is finally free and Kaido really intended to kill lmao
That was a great start to the war, Kanjuro and Orochi's deaths were the first of many to come.

I was going for Monster trio. Last I checked, there can only be three members in a trio - Luffy, Zoro, Yamato or if we leave Luffy out of it, Zoro, Yamato and Jinbei. Either way, Sanji is demoted.

There...no headcanon. Happy?!!
Lmao, then kick Zoro out, Jimbei has way better feats than him. So yeah, headcanon.

And why does it have to be a trio? It was always a trio because there were only 3 strong guys in the crew. With Jimbei it already changed.
That's not a rank or a title and it is not limited by anything. If the SH's have 6 strong guys, then there is no trio anymore. Simple as that.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
“Death” is just a writer’s copout from Oda lol. Who cares if Absalom died if he isn’t actually going to be removed from the story?

That’s ultimately what the whole “Death” conversation in OP boils down to, the idea that Oda is too scared to actually remove characters from the story in a meaningful way, so that when he actually does “kill” someone like Pound, there’s no point in believing it anymore because Oda will undo Vergo’s, Monet’s, and Pedro’s Death in a freaking heartbeat if he thinks it’d be funny to see them cooking some obscure Japanese dish in a cover story.

I don’t care how many characters Oda “kills”, I care how many of them Oda is brave enough to remove from the story for the sake of narrative weight, the number of which is basically 0.
I just think people focus too much on "real death" in a manga written for kids. Yup, Oda has tarnished his own reputation by repeatedly killing and miraculously bringing his characters back to life, so naturally we as the readers are going to be skeptical. At this point, I take his deaths only for face value. If the die, ok cool. If they come back, ok cool. Is it 100% bad writing on his part, absolutely, but it doesn't deter me from the reading the manga in its entirety. So for face value Absalom did die, and if he comes back as a zombie, ok cool :kayneshrug:

They need her because Luffy said "10 nakamas". And there is no point introducing new characters for the last nakama if Carrot is already with them for more than 100 chapters and basically is a nakama for them. And considering the point where we are in the story too...
It's settled, your struggle is pointless xd.
Your pointless argument is just telling how triggered you are, when Yamato is more of a shoein than Carrot ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.