rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has noticed this but Oda may have just hinted at least 3 new strawhats...

Momo - Him surving this war to guide the word to its dawn.

Yamato - Being Momonosuke's protector, her interest in other strawhats and her following Luffy's order to protect Momo & Shinobu at all costs.

Law - His goal/dream seem to suggest that being pirate king isn't his goal and the only way to achieve that is to follow the strawhats since Luffy isn't interested in the D clan. Heck he even trusts Luffy's crewmate enough to tell her his deepest secret.
Law will never be a SH

NoboDy wAntS tO bE a yOnKo

Who said they want to be a Yonko? Even Yonko doesn't want to be a Yonko. :milaugh: I said everyone is after Yonko, not after WSS.

A completely different level competition, WSS doesn't have anyone is after because even Zoro gave up and begged mihawk, and mihawk trained Zoro so Zoro can fight against Shanks's top commanders , not even Shanks, while Luffy fights Shanks, mihawk will never face someone on Yonko level Luffy, Shanks, Kaido, Big mom, and Whitebeard, even when mihawk was allied with marineford Admirals, Fleet Admiral and other Shicihibukai and marine army at his back, he couldn't fight Whitebeard, if he can't fight Whitebeard when he was allied with marine Admirals and other Shichibukai, how can he even fight with Yonko in another situation? Never. There is levels to this, mihawk's level is with Vista, and training Zoro so he can fight against Shanks's underling commanders.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this but Oda may have just hinted at least 3 new strawhats...

Momo - Him surviving this war to guide the word to its dawn.

Yamato - Being Momonosuke's protector, her interest in other strawhats and her following Luffy's order to protect Momo & Shinobu at all costs.

Law - His goal/dream seem to suggest that being pirate king isn't his goal and the only way to achieve that is to follow the strawhats since Luffy isn't interested in the D clan. Heck he even trusts Luffy's crewmate enough to tell her his deepest secret.
The three of them are lame as crewmates. I doubt any of them will join, but the idea of even imagining it is depressing.

Who said they want to be a Yonko? Even Yonko doesn't want to be a Yonko. :milaugh: I said everyone is after Yonko, not after WSS.

A completely different level competition, WSS doesn't have anyone is after because even Zoro gave up and begged mihawk, and mihawk trained Zoro so Zoro can fight against Shanks's top commanders while Luffy fights Shanks, mihawk will never face someone on Yonko level Luffy, Shanks, Kaido, Big mom, and Whitebeard, even when mihawk was allied with marineford and other Shicihibukai and marine army at his back, he couldn't fight Whitebeard, if he can't fight Whitebeard when he was allied with marines and other Shichibukai, how can he even fight with Yonko in another situation? Never.
Mihawk is stronger than Shanks.

Fantastic action packed chapter.

It should be kind of interesting what “enemy ships Tama and Komachiyo came on. (It could be the beast pirates, or is it the BMP’s or dare I say the Marines?)

Yamato is an absolute monster god damn it her one shotting that number was badass as hell. Was she really about to about to transform there or i am i imagining things?

So it seems like we might be getting Franky vs. Sasaki fight honestly looking forward to it.

Damn Kid and Killer are close to the 3rd floor as well and the spoilers don’t even mention them or Big Mom in the summary lol. It seems like we might be getting the Monster trio of the Supernova’s vs Kaido soon I am so hyped for that.

God damn Kaido destroying the 9 Scabbards with he is in his human form

We finally know where the hell Law has been all this time, I am so glad to see he trust Luffy’s group enough to tell Robin about him being part of the D clan. Holy shit I totally wasn’t expecting this (What if we get some sort of revelation for the Will of D on chapter 1,000?)

A completely different level competition, WSS doesn't have anyone is after because even Zoro gave up and begged mihawk, and mihawk trained Zoro so Zoro can fight against Shanks's top commanders , not even Shanks, while Luffy fights Shanks, mihawk will never face someone on Yonko level Luffy, Shanks, Kaido, Big mom, and Whitebeard, even when mihawk was allied with marineford Admirals, Fleet Admiral and other Shicihibukai and marine army at his back, he couldn't fight Whitebeard, if he can't fight Whitebeard when he was allied with marine Admirals and other Shichibukai, how can he even fight with Yonko in another situation? Never. There is levels to this, mihawk's level is with Vista, and training Zoro so he can fight against Shanks's underling commanders.
I’m just going to @Light D Lamperouge ’s post in the Mihawk vs Shanks thread

Nah, it doesn't work that way. But even if so, Mihawk and Shanks competed ruthlessly, and grew the same. So if two arms Shanks=Mihawk, one arm Shanks is weaker than Mihawk. And if there is a winner it's bound to be the WSS.

I don't really care about what the rest say lmfao. I've made my stance on Kaido quite clear
Kaido's hype is shaky. Oda on his own accord chose to differentiate between regular hearsay and actual titles. Nowhere in the canon material has Kaido been referred to as the actual WSC, there are always nuances being made to sway away from it.

Notice in the above panels how it's hearsay and a rumor, the same type of rumor like Luffy being a 25-foot-tall monster

Moreover, there are clues laid out that Kaido in fact might not be even human, and thus his supposed title should have no bearing on humans.
In addition, Kaido, in canon material, has only been referred to as the 'King of Beast', on multiple instances, whilst never referred to as the WSC

Now, I'll present a direct comparison with both Mihawk and Whitebeard. I won't elaborate here, because I've written everything in the panels themselves.

The quotation marks appear in the raw Japanese as well

And no that sbs did not confirm anything. That is the official Viz translation. Even though they are similar, there are small nuances that make it different, such as 'even Kaido' not appearing. Moreover, Oda says world's strongest creature, not living being. In addition, he leaves no doubts to a mother actually being the WSC. He highlights it by saying she is stronger than Kaido, the supposed WSC, and she is thus the actual WSC. There's no room to debate about anything concerning the mother, as opposed to Kaido.

Oda, on his own accord went out of his way to make a distinction.

Now let's talk more about betting on him in a 1 vs 1.
Kaido and Linlin haven't seen each other in decades.
WB hasn't heard Shanks' name in years implying that Shanks didn't fight any remarkable foe after Mihawk: not Kaido, not Linlin and of course not Whitebeard.

Now for WB.
While it is true that Whitebeard possesses a magnanimous attitude, there is one thing he holds on a higher pedestal than that, and that's his crew and their lives. He was ready to wage war against the entire world in order to get back one of his crew members.
The reputation surrounding the WBP is that if you mess with one of their own you pay for it. Anyone who lays a hand on one of their own should be prepared to face consequences.
The only exemption from this, that we know of, was when Ace first tried to pursue Teach. Key word here being pursue.
however from the supposed implications of Kaido challenging the other Yonko, it appears that he goes after them in order to do so, not the other way around. Therefore, Kaido would have to seek out WB, completely opposite to what Ace did with Teach. Had Teach waltzed into WB's ship he wasn't going to leave that place alive, as it is later confirmed in MF and during the meeting between WB and Shanks.

When Shanks and WB met, WB stated his crew calls for vengeance and that Teach needs to pay for what he had done
In MF WB stated he will avenge Thatch and that Teach will pay with his life, even Teach himself was afraid of dying to WB
Now you might be wondering why I brought all of this up. It's to preemptively stop the WB and Kaido were crew members thing. It's widely known that pirates in the Rocks group vehemently disliked each other, and were killing one another constantly

there wasn't a bond between them like between other crews. Moreover, Kaido was merely an apprentice in the Rocks crew
meaning he was very young and had spent significantly less time with WB, not to mention things point to bad relationships between the crew, than BB who had served under WB's flag for decades

The point I am making with this is that WB was ready to kill Teach, someone he called son, someone who had spent decades with him, to avenge a fallen comrade and crew member, as illustrated above.

Kaido is not only the one who killed the man WB himself called his little brother
but also the man who took over his country. We also know that WB is protective of his friends' countries, as he protected FI as a favour to his friend Neptune

From what's established about WB, him letting Kaido waltz onto his ship would have to result in Kaido's death. Therefore, logically playing out that situation, from what we know of Whitebeard and how he treats those close to him, going to such lengths as to battle the entire Navy in order to rescue one of his own, it would defy the established behaviour if WB just let Kaido go after beating him.

Even if we were to say that he fought WB, it would result in his losses, thus not helping him with the people say you should bet on Kaido.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour about Kaido started when he defeated Oden, without people knowing he used a cheap shot and underhanded tactics, as Oden was hailed as very strong, even had a bounty, and him taking over Wano, hailed as one of the strongest nations in the world, so much that the current FA of the Navy was more worried about the forces in Wano, rather than two of the Yonko when Kizaru offered himself to go there.
Kizaru was only stopped by Akainu due to the unknown military force in Wano. I stress again Wano, meaning Kizaru was gonna go to Wano, not somewhere along the way but Wano. The rumour was made more believable when the people saw Kaido beating people like the SN, and adding them to their crew. Whilst the SN are far away from crème de la crème of OP world, compared to the general populace of the OP world they are pretty strong. Kaido is the easiest Yonko to get to. He himself seeks challenges. Compare that to people trying to invade WCI and having to fight the commanders
Shanks who travels often and his whereabouts are hard to find. People would see Kaido beating strong people, strong as in stronger than the general populace, but nowhere near as strong as top tiers in OP, and thus start the rumor like that.Now I am not saying he isn't strong or a top tier or that, I am saying that he isn't the strongest. I am a firm believer in titles so if Oda decides to properly give him a title and explain if it includes humans, I will be the first to state that he is the strongest.

Worth noting is that I wrote this before the revelation that apparently the WB pirates had no idea what was going on in Wano
which would further reinforce my point about Kaido never battling WB, or at least even if he fought WB, WB would not have been as adamant on killing him as he would have had he known what Kaido did to Oden.

Nah it's perfectly clear that Mihawk is the superior.
Mihawk is the man hailed and introduced as the WSS on multiple occasions over and over again
Moreover, he is appointed as the goal of one of the main characters.

Mihawk is a man canonically superior to an Admiral
a man who awaits a day someone will emerge to surpass Shanks, a Yonko, in order to present a challenge to him
a man who is hailed as the rival of a Yonko Shanks, and even superior judging by his title
Someone whose duels WB considers legendary

WB hasn't heard Shanks' name in years implying that Shanks didn't fight any remarkable foe after Mihawk: not Kaido, not Linlin and of course not Whitebeard.
yet he still remembers the duels between Mihawk and Shanks.

The duels that were legendary in WB's own words
Whitebeard explicitly said that he considers Shanks and Mihawk's duels to be legendary, in a conversation where he brought up legends of the previous generation like Garp, Roger and Sengoku.

He says 伝説に語りつぐものは少ない、お前と鷹の目との決闘の日々も俺の耳にまだ新しい - Very few people become legends, but the days you and Hawk-Eyes duelled are still fresh in my ears.
伝説に語りつぐ - being passed down as legend
決闘 - duels
日々 - days
耳にまだ新しい - still new to my ears

Earlier in the conversation, Whitebeard lamented that very few people remember the old era, bringing up Garp and Sengoku as examples. This carries more meaning now that we know that Whitebeard saw both the Rocks and Roger's era and was extremely familiar with other top tiers such as Kaido, Shiki and Xebec. For Whitebeard to say that he still remembers Shanks and Mihawk's duels from 10 years ago is an incredible compliment to both Shanks and Mihawk's abilities.

It's Mihawk that immediately pops up in Shanks' mind when being asked about his scars, not any Yonko/Admiral/other foe, but Mihawk
someone who has stated that he as the strongest will await at the top no matter how long it takes Zoro to reach it, years if need be
Shonen tropes indicate that Mihawk, until he is surpassed by Zoro, will be the strongest swordsman of all time, and Zoro upon surpassing him will become the strongest swordsman of all time as well.

Shanks being recognized as an Emperor six years ago, does not mean that he wasn't as strong, or wasn't a top tier during his battles with Mihawk.
Do you think WB would care enough to mention a duel between two high tiers? Out of all the possible fights he could have mentioned for Shanks WB chose to go with the one with Mihawk.
In the databooks it was stated that even with one arm his power is overwhelming.
The fact that he had to say even directly implies that Shanks suffered a drop in power, however minor it might have been.

In order to be a Yonko one needs a strong crew and territories.
MF Gura yami Teach who had declared himself the strongest, who did the unprecedented by eating two devil fruits and was pulling off feats on WB's level, thus he was a top tier.
Yet he only became a Yonko after beating Marco and conquering territories left behind by WB. So strength alone isn't enough. You need lands. You need a strong crew. You need people to protect those lands.
Teach had to gather sufficient territories in order to be recognized as an Emperor, which the name itself implies.

Mihawk is
"Strongest Swordsman in the World"
Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi - 世界最強の剣士

So kenshi encompasses those who fight/use a sword. And as a kenshi/swordsman they are weaker than the Sekai Saikyō no Kenshi/Strongest Swordsman in the World.
Moreover, Vergo goes to attack the people on PH. He says 'weird, I don't see my sword' to which Monet replies ' You are not a swordsman'. Which further points to the above. You fight with/use a sword, you are considered a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to call Cabaji a swordsman, to call Law a swordsman, to call Fujitora a swordsman.
Oda went out of his way to state that Mihawk is the strongest swordsman in name and actuality in different sources

Shonen tropes indicate that Mihawk, until he is surpassed by Zoro, will be the strongest swordsman of all time, and Zoro upon surpassing him will become the strongest swordsman of all time as well. Whatever feat swordsmen perform Mihawk can reciprocate at a higher level. Any and all hype a singular or all swordsmen receive in the One Piece manga is hype for Mihawk, who stands atop them all.

None of the so called other skills stops one from being a swordsman.
If you mean df then we have df swordsmen- Fujitora, Law.
If it's haki
COC- Rayleigh, Shanks, Oden so far.
CoO, CoA- Zoro, Mihawk, Fujitora, Law, Shanks, Ray, etc.
Skill obviously all swordsmen.
Weapons- all swordsmen
The next WSS uses demonic powers, I am talking about Asura.

The next WSS kicks, punches, throws people around, uses demonic powers.
Zoro vs Cabaji is the first fight between swordsmen we see in the manga and look at the amount of kicking, punching, and Cabaji utilizing his acrobatics style, yet he is a swordsman.
Just looking at Zoro and his fights, you have to be extremely biased and feign ignorance to propose that the WSS title refers to only one aspect. There's never been a notion of skill or partial style in the title.

That's not how it works. It's on people claiming that Shanks, a rival to the WSS, a guy always with his sword, and the guy who has never demonstrated any other means of combat, which as I've shown above still doesn't make him more than a swordsman, to show that Shanks is stronger. Unless Shanks can prove he doesn't belong under the realms of Mihawk's title, which he won't as he is a swordsman, Mihawk gets the benefit of the doubt.​

Mihawk is stronger than Shanks.
Shanks is stronger than Mihawk. Show me a fight where Shanks stalemates a Yonko commander on Vista's level. Marco level perhaps it could be arguable, but no excuse for Vista. Asking permission from Vista was hilarious, Big mom easily passed through Marco without asking permission. And Marco >>>>> Vista. Vista wasn't even close to Marco.

Shanks is stronger than mihawk. Show me a fight Shanks stalemates a Yonko commander on Vista's level.

Vista wasn't even as powerful as Marco.
Mihawk is the world strongest swordsman that’s all there is to it. Shanks is a swordsman every time we’ve seen him get ready for combat he pulls out a sword.
How strong do you think shanks is when he’s almost equal with the WSS using his SECONDARY fighting style.

Mihawk is the world strongest swordsman that’s all there is to it. Shanks is a swordsman every time we’ve seen him get ready for combat he pulls out a sword.
How strong do you think shanks is when he’s almost equal with the WSS using his SECONDARY fighting style.
Headcanon. We never see how Shanks fights when he goes all out, lmao. Stop using fanfiction and talk about what we see.

Shanks stalemates Kaido, and WB.
Mihawk stalemates Vista, who is no where near close to Marco.

Stop making excuses.

Headcanon. We never see how Shanks fights when he goes all out, lmao.

Shanks stalemates Kaido, and WB.
Mihawk stalemates Vista, who is no where near close to Marco.

Stop making excuses.
I never said we’ve seen him go all out, all I said was that ever time that there is a possibility that combat might happen shanks pulls out his Sword. When he meets ace he first reaches for his sword and when he stops the war he pulls out his sword.
Nevertheless you still haven’t answered my question was Shanks almost equal to Mihawk while using his SECONDARY fighting style!?

Status
Not open for further replies.