Is jinbe gonna witness greatness soon?

• Total voters

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
So I just saw Morj's recent character analysis on Zoro. It was pretty good, but I think there are some things to consider when looking at his drive. Zoro staked his life to become the World's strongest Swordsman, and to fail that is a shame punishable by suicide. His loyalty echoes the Samurai way. It is a Samurai's duty to protect their lord. It isn't something to lord over. Everything about him is informed by staunch Japanese honor and ethics. Which is what separates him from other big dreamers like Luffy, Kid, etc.

Which is why it bothers me when people underplay or undermine Zoro's connections to Wano. Because whether he was born there or not, those ideals burn in him stronger than almost any other character. Certainly more than any of the Scabbards, who are largely talk compared to Zoro.

Zoro also doesn't have a problem with asking for help. He is a rock for the crew. He can't afford to show weakness since he has to be there to protect his friends from against stuff they can't handle. He won't ever say something like "help me." Because to make himself a burden is a shame for him, and he works everyday to overcome that. He is perfectly capable of accepting assistance if it could lead to a victory, because he is a very battle oriented man, but he will never ask for it because he is personally discomfort.

And lastly, he's the furthest thing from "arrogant." I think Morj is letting the fandom affect his perception there.

So I just saw Morj's recent character analysis on Zoro. It was pretty good, but I think there are some things to consider when looking at his drive. Zoro staked his life to become the World's strongest Swordsman, and to fail that is a shame punishable by suicide. His loyalty echoes the Samurai way. It is a Samurai's duty to protect their lord. It isn't something to lord over. Everything about him is informed by staunch Japanese honor and ethics. Which is what separates him from other big dreamers like Luffy, Kid, etc.

Which is why it bothers me when people underplay or undermine Zoro's connections to Wano. Because whether he was born there or not, those ideals burn in him stronger than almost any other character. Certainly more than any of the Scabbards, who are largely talk compared to Zoro.

Zoro also doesn't have a problem with asking for help. He is a rock for the crew. He can't afford to show weakness since he has to be there to protect his friends from against stuff they can't handle. He won't ever say something like "help me." Because to make himself a burden is a shame for him, and he works everyday to overcome that. He is perfectly capable of accepting assistance if it could lead to a victory, because he is a very battle oriented man, but he will never ask for it because he is personally discomfort.

And lastly, he's the furthest thing from "arrogant." I think Morj is letting the fandom affect his perception there.
I love this kind of Zoro praise. I don't think it's much of a wank, but giving full respect where its due, i admire that. :lunazing:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I dont think they are necessarily upgraded just because they have a longer name. :sanmoji:
They are all pretty much the same moves with just additional words, afaik.
Well, Oda is using the longer names to signal that those are stronger moves. :sanmoji:

See for example all the 32-76-108 PC that turned into 320-760-1080.

Clearly it doesn't mean that HK hasn't become stronger, but maybe there's an upgraded name coming if Zoro uses it again with CoC?

Worlds Strongest Man Zoro
Goes with the theme that Zoro’s rival is Luffy like WB was for PK Roger
Post automatically merged:

Well, Oda is using the longer names to signal that those are stronger moves. :sanmoji:

Clearly it doesn't mean that HK hasn't become stronger, but maybe there's an upgraded name coming if Zoro uses it again with CoC?
1 Sword Style - Hiryu Kaen: Dragon Slayer

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

I mean, it is possible but doesnt necessarily need a name change.
Not sure if Oda ever planed this technique name elongation at all.
I dont think 32-76-108 version exists anymore, unlike Sanzen Sekai for example.
Oni Giri always had different "flavors", even in pre-TS.
Also, not sure if the same move will be used twice in the same arc...

I mean, it is possible but doesnt necessarily need a name change.
Not sure if Oda ever planed this technique name elongation at all.
I dont think 32-76-108 version exists anymore, unlike Sanzen Sekai for example.
Oni Giri always had different "flavors", even in pre-TS.
Also, not sure if the same move will be used twice in the same arc...
So what does he use next for Kaido?