WG Support Thread

I agree but these suggestions are often from people who have no clue what's going on in the victim's mind. You gotta hear and learn what's going on in their mind before you go on to give them suggestions. It doesn't always work, but most of the time, at least, one or two of our peers went through similar issues. Their advice can be extremely valuable even if they aren't professional.
My whole point of view is that we need to distinguish depression from a bad mood. Depression is a disease, and advice in the spirit of "pull yourself together", "think about others people" is disastrous. Communication with other people is invaluable (especially thematic forums for people with mental disorders). However, if a person has no idea about depression (or other mental disorders), he should refrain from advice. And before expressing support, he need to read how to behave with a depressed person.
Post automatically merged:

Depression is stagnation of the mind and soul. You overcome it by advancing forward in all aspects

You said it yourself, depression can lead to lack of self care and such, hence why almost all therapists i worked with recommend starting from there.

If you look good you feel good, it is undisputed fact. Working out is good for your body and mind.

And suicide is selfish act. I felt absolute shame after my attempt and to this day no one from my close family knows it.

My family worked their ass off to provide for me. Been there every single time i needed them. Dont want them to know what i did, they dont deserve it
Comments like this are really dangerous for people on the edge. You're good, you can praise yourself. I'm glad (no) that you assert yourself at the expense of others. At the expense of those who, unlike you, still have not felt better.

Last edited:

Zolo

Cope Doctor
I live in major pagan point in my country, its related to quality of water underground, dont know how pagans knew this shit but the woter here is extremely clean and tasty.... So anyways exactly 10 years ago something come to my mind that wasnt right, I didint feel like I will live longer, I stopped having plans for the future... I wasnt going to off myself but something were off... I was speaking to my sis and she said something like in two years you will become something and stuff (dont remember exactly what it was ) and my response was like how do you know Ill survive that long... and than it hit me... it aint me, im not like that... So I went to that pagan altor location and theres a river with a lot of stones. I laid my back on the water and just looked into sky as water was running... dont know how long it lasted but my mind was so clear, like it restarted , I didnt feel neither good nor bad. its like it was completely emty, and could built it anew. two days passed and I started having plans, motivation, started doing something, I still have seemingly unreachable goals that im trying to achieve. and Im doing all the best I can..

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Comments like this are really dangerous for people on the edge. You're good, you can praise yourself. I'm glad (no) that you assert yourself at the expense of others. At the expense of those who, unlike you, still have not felt better
What is so harmful about saying people need to better themselves and escape the cycle of stagnation?

A bit of honesty is needed. You cant face a problem if you keep cherry picking what to tackle on and what not to

You need to evolve as a person to escape that bad cycle.

Just wanna say this

There is nothing known as "never ending misery" or "lives never get better" this nihilistic notion of considering this someone's absolute and permanent reality is dangerous and shallow . It seems to be alluding to the person in that miserable instance that since life in general is gloomy and will be until its end ie: will never change, then there is no point in living or to hustle through it.

This doesn't give people HOPE.. this just tells people to suffer until there is no suffering in death.. This prompts people to end ithe suffering than living it out or to live it out with ideological extremes based on this existential crisis.

Folks remember idc if you're HOMO / LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ whatever you identify as or whatever political /ideological bend you express .. Life is conceptually and realistically same for all of us, there is pain but also pleasure.. There are poisons but there are also antidotes to it this is not a mere false hope to keep you pushing in a constant state of suffering but i persuade you to understand this duality and progression of life as it presents itself to you.
Just like the day progresses to night in an inevitable cycle our lives are bound to take a dip into the dark..but its up to us to end that cycle and stagnate ourselves and never move into the light, And just like how everything has a purpose and meaning to its existence, you do too. Sometimes we are bound by our environment and it determines who we become and how we feel but just like the wisest man once said, if you find something perturbing the peace of your heart. Abandon it.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Just wanna say this

There is nothing known as "never ending misery" or "lives never get better" this nihilistic notion of considering this someone's absolute and permanent reality is dangerous and shallow . It seems to be alluding to the person in that miserable instance that since life in general is gloomy and will be until its end ie: will never change, then there is no point in living or to hustle through it.

This doesn't give people HOPE.. this just tells people to suffer until there is no suffering in death.. This prompts people to end ithe suffering than living it out or to live it out with ideological extremes based on this existential crisis.

Folks remember idc if you're HOMO / LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ whatever you identify as or whatever political /ideological bend you express .. Life is conceptually and realistically same for all of us, there is pain but also pleasure.. There are poisons but there are also antidotes to it this is not a mere false hope to keep you pushing in a constant state of suffering but i persuade you to understand this duality and progression of life as it presents itself to you.
Just like the day progresses to night in an inevitable cycle our lives are bound to take a dip into the dark..but its up to us to end that cycle and stagnate ourselves and never move into the light, And just like how everything has a purpose and meaning to its existence, you do too. Sometimes we are bound by our environment and it determines who we become and how we feel but just like the wisest man once said, if you find something perturbing the peace of your heart. Abandon it.
Nihilism is terrible ideology to follow

Absurdism is way better ideology to follow

Shisui

Never Feed The Badders Pasta
Depression is stagnation of the mind and soul. You overcome it by advancing forward in all aspects

You said it yourself, depression can lead to lack of self care and such, hence why almost all therapists i worked with recommend starting from there.

If you look good you feel good, it is undisputed fact. Working out is good for your body and mind.

And suicide is selfish act. I felt absolute shame after my attempt and to this day no one from my close family knows it.

My family worked their ass off to provide for me. Been there every single time i needed them. Dont want them to know what i did, they dont deserve it
That's two people you have chased off with your silly comments.
OP said this was a support thread. How is the bolded statement supportive?

Tell people who are tryna off themselves due to years of physical and emotional abuse from those who they call family:whitepress:

Red Night

Chise and Joseph
l'd rather not share it. But it makes me unable to pursue my passions.
So, do you have any advice for me? Other than ''it gets better and if not you just didn't try hard enough''
I've always dreamed of being a military officer. One year ago, I finally joined the army, but near about 1 month later I had a problem with my legs and I was diagnosed a compartment syndrome, so I had to leave the army.

It was really terrible. I had to rethink all my life. Now, I want to work in industry.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
I've always dreamed of being a military officer. One year ago, I finally joined the army, but near about 1 month later I had a problem with my legs and I was diagnosed a compartment syndrome, so I had to leave the army.

It was really terrible. I had to rethink all my life. Now, I want to work in industry.
Being in the military isn't all it's cracked up to be. I have PTSD, anxiety, and a jacked up body from serving.

Never hesitate to seek help people.

From experience I know that it's hard to accept that we need help. For me, it was one of the hardest thing I had to do. I always thought boys were supposed to heal by themself. But that's not how reality works.

We are a social specie. We need support, we need others, we need people.. to sometimes guide us on a new path toward healing.

If you are afraid to look stupid. Never forget, there is no greater strenght that knowing your own weaknesses.

So if you feel like something is wrong. Seek for help. Anyone (prefer professionnals).

Last edited:

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
Tell people who are tryna off themselves due to years of physical and emotional abuse from those who they call family:whitepress:
You will always have someone in your life that loves you, if not family then friends, coworkers, teachers, anyone.
It is impossible not to be liked and loved by anyone.

And in case you aren't liked by anyone, brother, i hate to say it but the problem is maybe you then.

Never hesitate to seek help people.

From experience I know that it's hard to accept that we need help. For me, it was one of the hardest thing I had to do. I always thought boys were supposed to heal by themself. But that's not how reality works.

We are a social specie. We need support, we need others, we need people.. to sometimes guide us on a new path toward healing.

If you are afraid to look stupid. Never forget, there is no greater strenght that knowing your own weaknesses.

So if you feel like something is wrong. Seek for help. Anyone.

Nice one.

Let's just add that if you have mental health issues, people might tell you to shut the fuck up.

That's why seeking professional help is always better imo.

Nice one.

Let's just add that if you have mental health issues, people might tell you to shut the fuck up.

That's why seeking professional help is always better imo.
You are right. Seek professionals over scammers of course. Be real careful of fortune tellers and stone sellers.

Also just a friendly advice : if you are french, I know they are hard to find, but prefer psychiatrists over psychanalysts.

The first are doctors, the others are part scammers.

Why "part scammers" ? I know there are no strong regulations regarding the job of psycho-analyst. But despite that, psychoanalysis is still a thing.
"Part" because psychoanalysts can also be psychiatrists. While phychiatry relies on real medecine and science. Psychoanalyst rely on pseudoscience (the freudian's theories). Psychoanalyst can therefore have a placebo effect but "should" be restrained to little affects, not traumas or big trauma.

We have a big problem in France concerning "psychanalyse". While other occidental countries like USA have greatly diminished their usage of psychanalystic theories, France never got rid of it. (mostly because some famous people are also famous psychanalyst). Therefore people with mental disease are greatly misstreated by the medical industry because of that.

Anyway it's complicated (and frankly irritating)

The best thing to do if you guys live in France, is to seek a real full fledge doctor, a psychiatrist. Even if they are harder to find (and its hard, it took me a while to find one), they deliver with much more efficiancy.

Also don't hesitate to seek genders your are most familiar with. For example I'm more willing to share with women, but it can be different for you, so don't make the mistake not to choose, it can be important for the process of healing.