Speculations Who will defeat Big Mom?

Who will defeat Big Mom?

• Total voters
H

Haoshoku

@Bogard You left out the other encounter Kid had with Big Mom’s crew and the encounter we first knew of which resulted in the Big Mom pirates suffering a significant financial loss:
As a Kid fan, I would love to see him get a Yonko all to himself in what would end up being a defining moment for his overall character but here’s the problem though; Kid has already made it apparent that he’s after Kaido. He’s said it twice to Luffy’s face:

So there’s going to have to be an explanation as to why Kid would shift his goals when he has more reasons to be fighting Kaido than Big Mom. Because after all, its ultimately Kaido who is at fault for what happened to Killer and the rest of the crew. From a match up standpoint, it makes sense to even out the playing field but this doesn’t make much sense for Kid’s character since his entire focus throughout the arc was on Kaido.

But with how disappointing Oda has been with Kid and offpaneling (mans literally just offpaneled how Kid was able to reunite with Heat and Wire) I wouldn’t be surprised if Oda also didn’t give a solid explanation as to why Kid would shift his goal and focus towards Big Mom.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Zoro don't gots adv haki, but his regular haki is powerful enough to cut through Luffy's adv barrier.
He has flow but as a swordsman they dont apply the flow as internal destruction, their goal is always to cut through.
Rayleigh who has internal destruction had no use for it against Kizaru. It is simply not the way how swordsmen fight.

But yeah, cutting through Luffy's barrier is the minimum that we can expect otherwise sword fighting becomes pointless.

He has flow but as a swordsman they dont apply the flow as internal destruction, their goal is always to cut through.
Rayleigh who has internal destruction had no use for it against Kizaru. It is simply not the way how swordsmen fight.

But yeah, cutting through Luffy's barrier is the minimum that we can expect otherwise sword fighting becomes pointless.
Zoro will not be able to cut through Luffy's barrier. Oda made the Sword useless the moment he created haki. The moment he made Luffy a brawler is the moment Swords became useless. Garp's existence makes Swords useless.

Chapter 965 makes weapons useless. The moments Roger and Whitebeard created a forcefield barrier around them combining Conqeurors Haki with Advanced Armament Haki makes Sword users/Lethal Devil fruit users irrelevant.

Blackbeard and Akainu as Luffy's Opponents also make Swords Useless.

Last edited:

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Oda made the Sword useless the moment he created haki.
Is that why hakiless Hody goes through Luffy? Is that why Cracker goes through?
Even if blast is uncuttable which I doubt, it doesnt make him safe from Zoro.
Why didnt Whitebeard or Roger create barrier with their bare hands?
How do BB and Akainu make swords useless?

Is that why hakiless Hody goes through Luffy? Is that why Cracker goes through?
Even if blast is uncuttable which I doubt, it doesnt make him safe from Zoro.
Why didnt Whitebeard or Roger create barrier with their bare hands?
How do BB and Akainu make swords useless?
Hakiless Hordy wenth through Luffy's arm because Luffy CoA Hardening haki was weak at the time. His Armament Hardeninng Haki got stronger as shown in the Doflamingo fight with him blocking stings in base form, as well as the Cracker fight where he blocked a number of crackers sword strkes using haki in baseform as well as Luffy's arm not coming off.

Rayleigh already said, fighting stronger opponents improves your haki. Luffy has been doing that constantly sinc ehe got into the New World.

Not just that but Luffy never had Advnced CoA level 1 barrier haki and Advanced CoA level 2 Internal Destruction Haki when he fought Cracker, Hordy or Doflamingo.

Whitebeard( All rounder) and Roger do not like to fight with their fists, Akainu and Blackbeard are more lethal and Luffy will beat them. Garp exists which makes Swords useless.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Hakiless Hordy wenth through Luffy's arm because Luffy CoA Hardening haki was weak at the time. His Armament Hardeninng Haki got stronger as shown in the Doflamingo fight with him blocking stings in base form, as well as the Cracker fight where he blocked a number of crackers sword strkes using haki in baseform as well as Luffy's arm not coming off.

Rayleigh already said, fighting stronger opponents improves your haki. Luffy has been doing that constantly sinc ehe got into the New World.

Not just that but Luffy never had Advnced CoA level 1 barrier haki and Advanced CoA level 2 Internal Destruction Haki when he fought Cracker, Hordy or Doflamingo.

Whitebeard( All rounder) and Roger do not like to fight with their fists, Akainu and Blackbeard are more lethal and Luffy will beat them. Garp exists which makes Swords useless.
I think Hody would still go through his Hardening because I dont think it improved at all or to degree to withstand Hody.
Kizaru has blasting and yet decided to defend with a sword. Doesnt look good for those who are barehanded.
Whitebeard used his fists to smack Akainu.
Akainu and Blackbeard arent swordsmen who can cut through everything and nothing, they are inferior.

I'm gonna stick to my prediction... There will be TWO TEAMS, one for Kaido, one for Big Mom... It will be:

1- Luffy/Zoro/Asura Douji/Denjiro vs Kaido (The ending will have Momonosuke helping Luffy flying against Kaido in a sky battle)

2- Kidd/Killer/Law/Jinbe (Sea Battle, and the ending will have Jinbe swimming on water, Kidd riding Jinbe's back against Big Mom who's on either Prometheos or Zeus if he got back to her)

The only way I see Kidd staying relevant after this arc (which I feel he should) is if he showed EQUAL SHOWINGS to Luffy's feats... the only way to do that is for both of them to deliver a finishing blow to a Yonko... they cannot do that both of them to Kaido... and it would be the MOST CLICHE ANNOYING PANEL if Luffy and Kidd did a combo attack on Kaido at same time as final move... so fucking stupid cliche and annoying... HATE IT

So... splitting them and feeding them both different Yonko who BOTH YONKO have similar feature of "strong skin hard to penetrate" and both of them have VERY CLOSE BOUNTY... the higest two bounties for Yonko... it makes it good for me

I know some people who want "Big Mom in ELbaf" but for god sake... I'm fucking tired of her... after this arc... just move on to BB/Shanks plot... and WG.. and end the fucking story LOL

An arc dedictated to Big Mom once again will kill my soul literally...

Unfortunately both Big Mom and Kaido will fall at this raid thats why she took only her some of her children and no crew fighter with her Oda did it so to balance/nerf it against the WBP, Mink, Samurai and WG alliance thats no assuring victory either for the alliance if you ask me cause BM didnt lose at her full strength

Though I cant believe how he wants to cover it up logical I mean Dressrosa or Doflamingo took 100 chapter to be taken down and now two Yonkos are falling in one day or 3 days doesnt matter they fall with this raid

I think Luffy vs Kaido and Law, Kid vs Big Mom

Some also stated that Kid sank two ships , invaded her territory and there rumors that he lost his arm against her crew so he will take back at least a little glory

Also for the match ups

Zoro vs King
Queen vs Ashura
Inu vs Jack
Denjiro vs Smoothie ( lets hope she will be useful)
Kawamatsu vs Compote
Neko vs Perospero

Numbers and BM executives vs WB-Commanders

Chief of Tobbi Robi vs Sanji RS
And the rest against the whole army in Onigashima Island

ugh another great debate thread.

Rinse and repeat, haters will want Big Mom to fall in situations in which she clearly won't because her story is not finished yet.

"Luffy will beat Big Mom after beating Katakuri" - orojackson glory days btw.
I remember this perfectly well. It was the aptly named Cardboard Douchebag's motto (he had even made a bet thread about it but was perma-banned before he could lose his bet).

The only admiral that has chances of arriving is at best GreenBull since this would serve as his grand entry. But even then it's a big IF.
Admirals always meet Strawhat(s) in or not long after their intros , so yea i think Ryokugyu's intro will be in Wano meeting Strawhats

Aokiji - Long Ring Long Land - he met Strawhats at 319
Kizaru - Sabaody - he said to Sengoku he was going then he encountered SHs
Akainu - Luffy in MF , Akainu ( as an Admiral ) was first seen in 550 , then he met Luffy around 558 or 560
Fujitora - Dressrosa - he met Strawhats in a bar at 701

i think Ryokugyu will come to Wano with Fujitora , who appears like a Samurai , he will be in Gorosei's Great Cleansing Fleet

If not in Wano then in Elbaf , but if Marines don't go to Wano due to it's reputation of being powerful , then not sure if they will go to the so called the strongest country in the world

i feel like he'll be introduced in Wano bcoz after Wano it'll be too long