Future Events Who Will Defeat King?

Who defeats King?

• Total voters
They will come back stronger? That makes no sense.
And Calamities are well Hyped. Kidd n Law are not, not for Kaidou fight.

You think Luffy, Law n Kidd will beat em and fans will be still hyped to see em fight Z, S n J? Lol No.

And Zou beating Jack, on Sea when he is submerged didn't dehype him. Ashura cutting Jack, whn he was off guard didn't dehype him, more so because he is still hiding his trump card, the Hybrid form.

Z vs King, S vs Queen, J vs Jack. Jack is also a fishmen.
Well, that's what exactly I'm talking about, Jack wasn't dehyped since both Zunisha and Admirals were stronger than him. Luffy is YC1+ while Jack is YC3 and there's no dehype if Jack gets defeated by him.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
I'm sure it will be Zoro. He needs wins against strong opponents on his record before facing Mihawk. King is a swordsman and first commander of Kaido. Zoro wants to learn to cut fire.

Seems like the perfect matchup
:myman:
I woudn't be disappointed if he faced off Kaido Kaido immediately but that also implies he will need to get serious immediately and not progressively

Marco and the Neko backup squad are still at the waterfall entrance which will lead them to Kuri. From there,they will need to sail to Onigashima which should take them at least a day judging by the map of Wano.
Luffy,Kid, Zoro&Killer are near the castle where Kaido,Jack, Orochi&King are stationed.
What is more logical right now is for King to clash with one of those 4,if not the 4 in the upcoming chapters before possibly clashing with Marco way later in the arc.
I think one of those 4 are taking on King as his matchup this arc,with Marco it is most likely a clash with King and not a full fight.

1. King won't be defeated.
- it's okay but Kaidou is a must.
- just use Usopp to hinder his movement, when usopp can't handle anymore & King will strike that is RS Sanji to handle. Then can be someone else again, after all this is a big war.

2. King will be defeated
- Can be Zoro for Sword & Sanji for Flying
- Marco might be too, since he was holding sword on FI. Don't know whether he is swordsman or not:madmonk:

well, either way is fine.

I’m starting to think the war will be messy

Like Marineford
Post automatically merged:

I think it's marco who beat king. Bird vs bird. Fire vs fire

Why it's not zoro :
Zoro has not master long slash yet and i think he is not ready to defeat a YC1 until he master enma. Zoro's opponent should be smoothie since she use sword and long slash. Her df power suck liquid power(?) from the other people while enma suck zoro's haki. It's good for zoro's training

Bounty race between zoro and killer :
Smoothie : 932,000,000 for zoro
Jack : 1,000,000,000 for killer

So my guess :
marco vs king (fire bird +some similarity on what they did)
zoro vs smoothie (power sucking ability)
killer vs jack (dual curve blade)
Zoro has no fucking deal with smoothie

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
If pushed to make an absolute decision, I'd say it's Zoro vs King and Marco as a main fighter against Kaido. But I do feel it can go either way right now
What do you think about my claim that Zoro will have a much more prominent role than Marco this arc?

I try to be charitable to people who hold different viewpoints.
:yodaswag:

They are way too similar to not fight at this point
It seems likely they will clash, but their clash wouldn't necessarily reach a resolution.

@Cinera add Perospero
Frankly speaking, you're the only person I've seen that has defended this position. If I see 2 other people that support the notion I'll add it. Otherwise, you can just vote "someone else".

That's appreciated Cinera, being open to changing your opinion.
I'm always open to changing my mind. 😋

And he is also bound to be outshined by Luffy n Kidd, maybe also Law so i am not fan of this happening.
I would say Luffy is the only one that is bound to outshine Zoro. Kidd might happen, but it's not likely, Law outshining him is pretty unlikely.

If Zoro fights Kaido alongside Kidd and Law, I'm not sure why we should expect them to play a bigger role in Kaido's defeat. Especially not with the setup that Zoro would slay an Eastern Dragon and surpass Oden.

Last edited:
S

SinOfGreed

What do you think about my claim that Zoro will have a much more prominent role than Marco this arc.

It seems likely they will clash, but their clash wouldn't necessarily reach a resolution.

Frankly speaking, you're the only person I've seen that has defended this position. If I see 2 other people that support the notion I'll add it. Otherwise, you can just vote "someone else".

I would say Luffy is the only one that is bound to outshine Zoro. Kidd might happen, but it's not likely, Law outshining him is pretty unlikely.

If Zoro fights Kaido alongside Kidd and Law, I'm not sure why we should expect them to play a bigger role in Kaido's defeat. Especially not with the setup that Zoro would slay an Eastern Dragon and surpass Oden.
Zoro will be the character that shines the most in Wano. The only one that will shine more is Luffy.

What do you think about my claim that Zoro will have a much more prominent role than Marco this arc?

Nah man - if Marco is in the arc and doesn't fight King, what purpose does he actually serve? What is the point in him being there

It's something I very much agree with, but am not sure helps us work out who he will fight.

Luffy and Zoro have been the main characters in Wano. Nobody is going to be able to argue otherwise to me. Other characters have been important, but thus far there's been a clear narrative focus on the two of them above everyone else. They've played the Yojimbo role of the wandering samurai coming to town and dealing with the problems at hand. Everyone else has dipped in and out of the narrative to some extent- Luffy and Zoro have been near ever presents with their relationship with the country fully shown and developing their attitudes towards the war. Zoro's also got his goal of killing Orochi in mind. Chances are Zoro's fight isn't going to be the conclusion to his arc- that will come after, when he gets to go at Orochi. Whereas for everyone else they'll win a fight and that'll pretty much be their role in the plot over and done with.

So with that in mind I am fairly confidant in saying that Zoro's role in the finale of the plot will trump Marco's role. And practically everyone else's.

However.

Knowing that Zoro's role will trump Marco's role doesn't really help us know what Oda will write for it. It becomes a matter of presentation. Oda can make it seem a bigger deal to fight and defeat King, or he can make it seem a bigger deal to play a part in defeating Kaido.

I lean towards King because I think it's easier to make Zoro a star there- whoever fights Kaido will be playing second fiddle to Luffy, whereas Zoro can be the main man against King. But it's still perfectly feasible that Oda does it the other way around. And it's even feasible that we get to see a bit of Marco vs King, Zoro vs Kaido, Zoro vs King and Marco vs Kaido.

Dang how many thread about King and Calamities ?
People really hate the fact that Zoro or even Sanji need to face one. What, you think Luffy gonna take Kaido, Aka Inu or BB while his crew will still fighting who's who or P1 lvl people ?
It's so obvious that i'm just shocked of the amount of flat earthers here ...

King vs Zoro will happen at 100%, anyone wanna bet his likes ? :dogood:

If Zoro fights King, he doesn't fight kaido. its that simple.

Kaido is going to be the main battle, it will be the climax of the arc. Whatever Zoro does to Kaido will surpass whatever he does to anyone else.

Hence if you are going to argue that Zoro fights King and then fights kaido, you are either arguing that Zoro fights an extreme diff fight and then somehow proceeds to take on a yonko, or you are arguing that Zoro gives King the blueno treatment. The issue with the latter is that King has so much hype that it doesn't make sense for Oda to use him as a hypetool. He already has a perfect commander to do that with, smoothie.

in my opinion, Marco vs King has a lot of build up and Zoro vs kaido has a lot of buildup. Zoro vs king, however, has no buildup apart from people wanting it because Zoro is first mate.

in any case, there is an important point to note. Marco fighting king over zoro will not steal a spotlight from Zoro if Zoro fights kaido. Even if Zoro doesn't beat kaido, Zoro simply playing a main role in that fight will give him importance over marco.

Whatever 1v1 Zoro gets should simply hype up Zoro for a fight against kaido. It shouldn't be the climax of Zoro's role in wano. Hence it would be better for Zoro to take on a tobi roppo or perhaps smoothie, if asura can make quick work of her.

If Zoro fights King, he doesn't fight kaido. its that simple.
Not quite.

If Zoro does fight King, he will then not be in any shape to have an extended fight with Kaido.

He can still land at least one good hit on him and give us a satisfying end to the "Zoro will cut a dragon on Wano" buildup that doesn't involve us pretending that a dinosaur is a dragon. Generally speaking Zoro always does something after beating his opponent- holding off Arlong, helping Vivi get up the bomb tower, knocking down Giant Jack, fighting against Marines, fighting Kuma, holding off the birdcage.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Chances are Marco won't defeat King, there is no tension in that. In an arc where everyone is implied to be hitting above their weight class, to go beyond their limits, Marco defeating King would stick out like a sore thumb, and there isn't enough buildup like there is with the dukes and Jack to justify it. That prominent sword King is carrying around as Kaidou's "right hand" is stronger than any case Marco has when it comes to King's defeat.

Above all else I can't remember the last time Oda concluded a battle between two non strawhats on the same level, when he happens to do it it's off panel. He doesn't like to give any characters on the same level an edge over the other, I'd bet on him not starting now. Having said all of that, the parallels between the two can't be ignored so a clash is highly likely.

tldr; Marco fights/clashes with King but won't defeat him. Zoro will be the one to have the final say. That's where I stand on this.