Future Events Who Will Defeat King?

Who defeats King?

• Total voters
I don't think King is so weak he would not afford to manage better than just interrupt Marco's boredom. Differently, Queen is there to assist him right now.
That’s not the question. There would be no point in Marco and King fighting if it’s already obvious Marco can beat him. Important fights are supposed to bear a degree of uncertainty to create tension. We’re supposed to ask ourselves : "how the hell is the good guy gonna win this ?". You’re not asking yourself that at the prospect of King vs Marco, you’re just wondering how well he would fare before going down. There would be no fear factor in regard to King’s strength and that would basically equate to totally waste an important and powerful antagonist.

Last edited:
J

Jo_Ndule

All Oda needs to do to add uncertainty to Marco vs King is have King overpower Marco, reveal that his flames are a matchup advantage against Marco's and that King has a higher bounty all in the one chapter.
That will save King
I still think King might really be >= Marco
He has more options to fight
If his fire counters Marco's flames and his swordmanship is great
Then no reason to look down on King anymore.

I don't see Marco getting upper hand above King
Marco role here isn't to win or dominate anyone.

All Oda needs to do to add uncertainty to Marco vs King is have King overpower Marco, reveal that his flames are a matchup advantage against Marco's and that King has a higher bounty all in the one chapter.
The only reason King would have a higher bounty than Marco would be because of his race. There is 0 reason why Whitebeard's right hand's bounty would be lower than Kaido's right hand bounty.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
i said something similar a while back
Could actually be a really good fight if done properly.
Remember in the oden vs kaido war there were flames that burned for days? After the battle. Now it doesnt look like that was from kaidos boro breath as weve seen that enough and it doesnt have those properties.
Now if indeed it is king what a counter to marcos regen that is. Flames that keep burning vs marcos regen. Especially with marcos regen having a limit.
They probably have a double bounty reveal too.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
The only reason King would have a higher bounty than Marco would be because of his race. There is 0 reason why Whitebeard's right hand's bounty would be lower than Kaido's right hand bounty.
I feel like they would not give race so much consideration. What they care for is the overall level of threat. Basing it off race is basing it off power level basically, but that's usually not a relevant subject and is most of the time not quite factored in.

That would make us forget that King and Queen couldn't stop Marco from doing what he wanted, that Marco led the WB pirates after his captain death and against BB and his crew and that he fought against all the admirals?
It's impossible to give King the same hype, Queen have a bigger bounty compared to Katakuri but basically no one sees him as stronger than the mochi boy.
Not considering Marco consumed Prometheus like 4 chapters ago

That would make us forget that King and Queen couldn't stop Marco from doing what he wanted, that Marco led the WB pirates after his captain death and against BB and his crew and that he fought against all the admirals?
It's impossible to give King the same hype, Queen have a bigger bounty compared to Katakuri but basically no one sees him as stronger than the mochi boy.
Not considering Marco consumed Prometheus like 4 chapters ago
It would make us think “huh, maybe Marco won’t win this one so easily after all”, especially given the hypothetical match up advantage would be in King’s favour. One Piece fans are extremely fickle, if we were to discover that for some reason Marco can’t regenerate from King’s fire- and in the same chapter that King is shown with a temporary upper-hand- there will be threads here made talking about how it is impossible for Marco to win and he’s overrated blah blah.
Or because King is a raging psychopath that probably burns islands for fun while Marco’s a chill guy? The same reason that pre-skip Kid and Killer were above Luffy and Zoro?

It would make us think “huh, maybe Marco won’t win this one so easily after all”, especially given the hypothetical match up advantage would be in King’s favour. One Piece fans are extremely fickle, if we were to discover that for some reason Marco can’t regenerate from King’s fire- and in the same chapter that King is shown with a temporary upper-hand- there will be threads here made talking about how it is impossible for Marco to win and he’s overrated blah blah.

Or because King is a raging psychopath that probably burns islands for fun while Marco’s a chill guy? The same reason that pre-skip Kid and Killer were above Luffy and Zoro?
You have to question if Oda is going to dedicate time to two YCs fighting however. Im honestly not sure why King's fire would be any different from Big Moms but I guess thats up to Oda.

One Piece is mainly about underdogs taking on people who don't normally lose. While Marco vs King would be fanservice-y and entertaining, I do have to wonder if that is a route Oda would go, precisely because he normally doesn't waste time on these people fighting each other (Kaido vs Big Mom, BM vs Marco, Oden vs Kaido, Roger vs WB, etc).

To me, it's just way more useful and pertinent for a Strawhat or Supernova to fight King. We can say that the rooftop battles are solidified, but until we actually see how every matchup is done anyway, none of these are actually guaranteed. Marco vs King isn't any more set up that anyone else, outside of this fan idea that their parallel of hitting BMs ship is supposed to suggest they fight.

We'll see what happens, but im not confident in a full drawn out battle between Marco and King with a clear victor

You have to question if Oda is going to dedicate time to two YCs fighting however. Im honestly not sure why King's fire would be any different from Big Moms but I guess thats up to Oda.

One Piece is mainly about underdogs taking on people who don't normally lose. While Marco vs King would be fanservice-y and entertaining, I do have to wonder if that is a route Oda would go, precisely because he normally doesn't waste time on these people fighting each other (Kaido vs Big Mom, BM vs Marco, Oden vs Kaido, Roger vs WB, etc).

To me, it's just way more useful and pertinent for a Strawhat or Supernova to fight King. We can say that the rooftop battles are solidified, but until we actually see how every matchup is done anyway, none of these are actually guaranteed. Marco vs King isn't any more set up that anyone else, outside of this fan idea that their parallel of hitting BMs ship is supposed to suggest they fight.

We'll see what happens, but im not confident in a full drawn out battle between Marco and King with a clear victor
I don’t think Oda is averse to a bit of fanservice, and Marco’s an insanely popular character- one of the top ten non-Strawhats in the polls since Marineford, and both took place well after it when he hadn’t done anything in years.

It wouldn’t much surprise me if he’s decided to give him a fight here, since this is more than likely his only chance to get a proper one.

I mean, if you compare Marco vs King as a potential fight to Zoro vs Hyozo, Monet or Pica, it’s much more balanced. Every one of those fights has been fanservice, with Zoro saying to each one some variation of “you are trash to me.” Why did Oda put them in- fanservice, because Zoro’s the second most popular character in the series and we expect fights from him. The Monet one especially stands out, given that Nami, Chopper and Tashigi all had a much stronger narrative reason to fight her than Zoro did.

I don’t think Oda is averse to a bit of fanservice, and Marco’s an insanely popular character- one of the top ten non-Strawhats in the polls since Marineford, and both took place well after it when he hadn’t done anything in years.
So you think Oda might really take into account Marco's popularity and decide to draw Marco vs King relegating a far more popular character, who happens to be one of the protagonist and one of the top fighters of the crew, to a 2 (or 3 if both Chopper and Drake join him) vs 1 against Queen :hope:

So you think Oda might really take into account Marco's popularity and decide to draw Marco vs King relegating a far more popular character, who happens to be one of the protagonist and one of the top fighters of the crew, to a 2 (or 3 if both Chopper and Drake join him) vs 1 against Queen :hope:
Sanji will get other fights, Marco won’t.

And it’s far from the first time that Sanji has been given a lesser opponent, or even none at all, in favour of a stronger ally. Look at Punk Hazard, where he didn’t beat anyone. Or Skypiea, where all he got was a 3 vs 1 with Satori while Wyper one-shot the stronger foe Shura.

Sanji will get other fights, Marco won’t.

And it’s far from the first time that Sanji has been given a lesser opponent, or even none at all, in favour of a stronger ally. Look at Punk Hazard, where he didn’t beat anyone. Or Skypiea, where all he got was a 3 vs 1 with Satori while Wyper one-shot the stronger foe Shura.
Skypiea and PH weren’t major arcs with major antagonists but I guess Dressrosa is a good example. We’ll see if it was an exception.