Future Events Why I am not Convinced that Luffy Defeats Kaido

Who lands the final attack on Kaido?

• Luffy alone

• Zoro alone

• Luffy and Zoro together

• Some other group/character

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Cinera At this point, given the context and all the elements we have, ZKK is a possibility that can't be discarded anymore, there is no way around it.

I wanted to note one thing though. There are have been signs that Zoro will be recognised by Kaido as a monster samurai, an expression he used for Oden. I am still dubious if Kaido will straight up acknowledge (or imply) Wano Zoro as someone who is at the same level of strenght as Oden. If this will be the case, the foreshadowing was certainly there but I am not sure.

The hype for Mihawk is already enormous but if this Zoro/Oden acknowledgement I was talking about turns out to be the case in this arc, then the Mihawk hype will reach the outer space, considering the enormous consideration and respect Kaido had for Oden and that Mihawk is probably the very last fight of Zoro in the manga. Or that there would still be some fights/arcs and growth for Zoro before that fight happens, anyway.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
@Cinera At this point, given the context and all the elements we have, ZKK is a possibility that can't be discarded anymore, there is no way around it.

I wanted to note one thing. There are have been signs that Zoro will be recognised by Kaido as a monster samurai, an expression he used for Oden. I am still dubious if Kaido will straight up acknowledge (or imply) Wano Zoro as someone who is at the same level of strenght as Oden. If this will be the case, the foreshadowing was certainly there but I am not sure.

The hype for Mihawk is already enormous but if this Zoro/Oden acknowledgement turns out to be the case in this arc, then the Mihawk hype will reach the outer space, considering the enormous consideration and respect Kaido had for Oden and that Mihawk is probably the very last fight of Zoro in the manga. Or that there would still be some fights/arcs and growth for Zoro before that fight happens, anyway.
Will kaido have any other choice but to acknowledge him as such when he re opens the scar on a hybrid kaido ?

Some parallels between Zoro and Sanji's intro arc and the Wano and WCI arc.

WCI + Baratie
  • Baratie: Sanji does not beat any of Krieg's main subordinates.
  • WCI: Sanji does not beat any of Big Mom's main subordinates.
Wano + Romance Dawn
  • Romance Dawn: Luffy defeats the main antagonist but Zoro finishes him off.
  • Wano: Luffy defeats the main antagonist but Zoro finishes him off(?).
I'm not entirely sold on those reasoning, but take what you will.

I alr said what it happens. If you don't want to accept it, you are biased:
Fair enough, they should keep Kaido locked away till he dies of old age. Even tho it is stated in the manga that they captured him 18 times and he escaped. How are they going to keep him locked for so many years? Who knows. But I have a better option. Lock Kaido again (because everyone knows that at the 19th try you succeed for sure) and perform the surgery on Kaido so he isn't able to die from old age neither. There you have, an immortal Kaido that won't fulfill his dream.
Smh

WCI + Baratie
Wano + Romance Dawn
You are a genius i dont know how i missed that.
:sweat:
WCI+Baratie
one more parallel between the two arcs. Baratie was meant to show Sanjis skill as a cook. WCi also was to highlight his skill as a cook by baking a cake
WANO+RD
The Arc was meant to highlight Zoro's skill as a swordsman by letting him finsh the main antagonist in romance dawn. Will Zoro finish Kaido in Wano to highlight his specialty and skill as a swordsman's?

What i am saying is.

ZKK

WCI+Baratie
one more parallel between the two arcs. Baratie was meant to show Sanjis skill as a cook. WCi also was to highlight his skill as a cook by baking a cake
WANO+RD
The Arc was meant to highlight Zoro's skill as a swordsman by letting him finsh the main antagonist in romance dawn. Will Zoro finish Kaido in Wano to highlight his specialty and skill as a swordsman's?

What i am saying is.

ZKK
You could say Romance Dawn represents the entire Yonko Saga.

Alvida = Big Mom (gets beaten by Luffy)
Morgan = Kaido (gets beaten by Luffy and finished by Zoro)

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Idk about the timeline when Kaido started suicidal tendencies. It might be before 20 years ago.
That was pure speculation on my part.

Sorry @Cinera, I am going with "Luffy alone". However, I will be really happy if ZKK comes true :finally:
I'm curious what would make you change your mind?

WCI + Baratie
Wano + Romance Dawn
WCI+Baratie
WANO+RD

What i am saying is.

ZKK
You could say Romance Dawn represents the entire Yonko Saga.

Alvida = Big Mom (gets beaten by Luffy)
Morgan = Kaido (gets beaten by Luffy and finished by Zoro)
Based and ZKK pilled.
:myman:

WCI + Baratie
Wano + Romance Dawn

so zoro doesn’t kill kaido using that logic then makes sense

There are three other Yonkou. Luffy doesn't have to surpass each and every Yonkou in direct individual combat in order to surpass the Yonkou and become Pirate King.

Would you consider the below "defeating" Kaido?

@Luffy is the mc: I'm curious on your take as well.

True. Well, fighting him at the best isn't the important part, I was just making too close an analogy to the Katakuri situation. What I really want to see Luffy declare his intent to overcome Kaido in 1 vs 1 combat now.

Kaido wants to die to Oden — Zoro is the next best thing.

Sure, that's the traditional argument, but Wano is not a traditional arc.
  • Never once before has Zoro declared that he shall cut down the arc antagonist.
    • Aside from Mihawk, Zoro hasn't previously sought out any of his arc opponents
  • Never once before has Zoro and Luffy faced the arc antagonist together.

Wano is uncharted territory. Were it a traditional arc, Zoro would not have been on the Rooftop and would have instead been fighting King down below.
It depends on plot narrative, if in universe Luffy is given the credit for it sure, if Zoro killing Kaido is bigger news than Luffy beating him, no.
Kaido is hyped as the strongest creature, Luffy has directly said he will beat Kaido up, Luffy is the one with direct beef from a 1vs1 loss.

Big Mom is not outshining Kaido in Wano hype -and if Luffy's subordinate kills Kaido that dehypes any subsequent yonko battle.
Shanks is Luffy's soft goal not someone he needs to beat in a serious 1vs1
Blackbeard is the endgame yonko from the same "generation" to overcome after Luffy has built himself further as the true contender.

Sorry @Cinera, I am going with "Luffy alone". However, I will be really happy if ZKK comes true :finally:
Lol my bro .. When a villain dragon appears in any kind of story , it must be slayed.. It is common justice at european stories or eastern. There might be exceptions ofc but it is unlikely when Kaido already wants to die .. Luffy is the last person out of 5 who would do it.. Even law showed killing intent with Gamma knife..

I'm curious on your take as well.
Well I'm expecting to see Luffy fight hybrid Kaido in a 1v1 at some point. Will it be before or after Kaido gets weakened? Probably after.
I hope that he can match Kaido even for a while and inflict some serious and permanent damage.
As for Zoro I think he will fuck Kaido up too at some point but not to the point he defeats him. Maybe if he tries to go away in his dragon form

I'm curious what would make you change your mind?
I saw your points. But a much stronger case can be made for Luffy dealing the finishing blow. I dont have time to collect all the panels, but we got:
- Luffy saying he will beat all the yonkos several times, I can just remember a few: To Law, "I am gonna beat all 4 of them"; To Fuji, "whether its yonko or admiral, I wont be PK without beating them all"; To Hyou, "I am gonna be PK, so I've gotta beat them all (yonkos)"
- Luffy saying he will beat Kaido several times: "shi shi shi shi Just you wait Kaido"; "After I take down Kaido, you are next Big Mom"; "You will pay for this Kaido"
There are a lot more that I cant remember now
- Luffy got beaten by Kaido, he needs to pay back.
- Luffy is the main character. He usually beats the main opponents. I know you will say Morgan, but thats an anomaly. An overwhelming case can be made for Luffy from Buggy to Doflamingo.
- I dont even know how the story can be written with Zoro beating Kaido and Luffy watching it from side.

The most important point is: If Zoro doesnt finish Kaido, it wont be a big deal. Nobody will complain that Oda messed up. If Luffy doesnt finish Kaido off, there will be a shitstorm. It will be like Oda destroying his main character by his own hand.

Isn't he showing that on the rooftop after all? Even if we accounted portrayal we would have:

- Better combat reflexes at least thus far displayed
- Better endurance per portrayal
- Asura still most likely left per portrayal
- Speed on point. Slower than Snakeman most likely but Luffy would get his total AP partially cut.
- Both bear similar portrayal in the story of the manga. But this arc seems more oriented towards Zoro's greatness.

"Why I'm not convinced Luffy will be PK" - Cinera
Pk =/= Defeating a Yonko.

Pk = Finding the One Piece.

You are welcome.
Post automatically merged:

So now a fodder has to kill Kaido for it to be about him ?
Not a fodder, the important part is having a legendary death and that's it. In Kaido's eyes the death is given by a legendary swordsman.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
You have proofed enough of why ZKK is the most probable outcome of this arc. Those can't even be called implications any longer, it's getting slammed in your face repeatedly.

Wano is like the only arc in which Zoro actively wants to strike down the bad guy and has motivations for doing so, it's happening.

Zoro cuts down Kaido and replicates Ryuma's feat with Odens blade, everyone wins even fucking Kaido.
^^^