Zoro - Oden Parallels

What's more likely the point of these parallels?

• Zoro cuts Kaido like Oden did

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • Zoro becomes the Strongest swordsman in Wano like Oden was

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • Zoro surpasses Oden by making Enma black (in this arc)

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Zoro defeats Oden's betrayer Orochi

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Zoro gets with Oden's daughter

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Zoro teaches Oden's son a technique that he uses in a fight

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Zoro is Oden's son

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zoro is a student of Oden's student Denjiro

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro will be lead Oden's scabbards as their general

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Zoro ets Conquerers Haki like Oden

Votes: 14 18.9%

• Total voters
I

Inspector_Mu

"But he met hiyori" bro
Ashura hasn't even seen Oden in Luffy. If Ashura doesnt validate you, forget it.
No retainer see Oden when they watch Zoro.

Zoro is Ryuma and Mihawk... also Rayleigh
More than he has paralleism with Oden.

Saying Oden is Zoro is like saying Oden is Sanji.

Who is the leader? Luffy
Who has CoC and VoAt? Luffy
Who is way talented? Luffy
Who charms even enemies and turn people into allies ? Luffy
Who is adventurous and wanna be free so bad? Luffy
Who likes cool stuff? Ussop Choper Luffy
Who are womanizers/loves women/pervert ? Brook and Sanji
Who cooks? Sanji
Who are swordmen ? Zoro and Brook
Who lacks navigation skills? Luffy! Almost any Strawhat except Nami
(*this isnt sense of direction like getting lost while walking as Zoro)

As you can see, he represents luffy more than the rest combined.

This ARC is about Oden and Luffy!
The past and future! One failed, the other will succeed.

Nobody even give a damn about Zoro! Kaido doesnt even calculate Zoro at all!

Luffy is Roger, Sanji is Rayleigh and Zoro is Oden. Yesss
Oh right.... Sanji exists
Post automatically merged:

Hiyori gave Zoro Enma because she saw him carrying Wado. No word about Zoro resembling Oden.

Character wise, Oden is Luffy. Zoro will be more the Ryuma kind of guy.
Hiyori gave Zoro Enma because Zpro wanted a third sword and Shusui was off limits... Now the reason why Hiyori cares about what Zoro wants is the real question.

Character wise, Oden is not Luffy. Oden is not Zoro. Zoro is not Ryuma. None of these characters are 100% anyone else. Ryuma in Monsters is a goof. Oden is a loner. But of course there are other things that show similarities between Zoro or Luffy to Oden.

No one is 100% another character in personality since Oda isn't that lazy a writer

Last edited:
Don't sugar coat your baseless statements with faint complacency

Pick one point and just tell us very clearly how or why Oda doesn't want to make a connection between the two characters despite the point

Let me give you one example from my point.

Zoro acquires Enma.
In my opinion supporting the point of the thread I would say:

inherited will is an overarching theme in all of one piece and in wano as well. Oda reinforces this by dedicating a whole chapter to the explanation of how Inherited will is perceived in Wano as a unique culture in the world. Chapter 953 is markedly unique from every chapter in Act 2 for being the most focused chapter on a single narrative. It explains the tradition of how swords are important in Wano and how the fallen warriors' wills are inherited by the living through swords. That's the chapter that ends with Hiyori offering Enma to Zoro.

So that's my argument for this point

Now you can make a counter argument that explains why Zoro is specfically NOT inheriting Oden's will despite taking his sword. You would have to explain why Inherited will is a theme in all of one piece and comes back in Wano in this specfic chapter 953 in the form of people inheriting swords BUT none of this applies to Zoro who gets offered Enma in this very chapter that's completely about inheriting will through swords

Just do that instead of making vague concessions. Pick one point and give one very clear counter argument
OMG! I think I should withdraw from this argument cause I hate it when someone tells me that I'm trying to sugarcoat shit with hidden agenda.

Man, if I want to say Zoro sucks, I will say it directly, I don't need to play some mindgames like kids
Post automatically merged:

So if anyone interacts with women at all it’s a Sanji parallel? Despite the fact that Oden clearly has no ulterior motives or sense of chivalry that we’re aware of?

And does the scenario of a Kozaburo/Hitetsu blade combo wielder saving a 26 year old woman he knows nothing about, even temporarily putting a halt to his short term goals and then fainting, and being treated by the woman he saved not sound suspiciously familiar? I know people want to discount any and all similarities between Zoro and Oden, but that’s a little too on the nose.
This is exactly what I'm saying!
Just because Oden interacts with women more, and he would go the distance for them, does NOT mean he's parallel to Sanji

And just because he's a swordsman, or Zoro took his sword as replacement for Shusui, doesn't mean Zoro is parallel to him.

That's exactly what I'm saying!

But yet again, it appears some fas only see it okay to dismiss the similarity with Sanji, but god forbid if i dismiss the similarity with Zoro.
Suddenly I became a hypocrite who sugarcoats things

Anyway, I'm out

Last edited:
Man, if I want to say Zoro sucks, I will say it directly, I don't need to play some mindgames like kids
In no way did I say that all you are doing is making fun of Zoro or whatever you mean by this

All I said is, you can't just say "this is wrong because I said its wrong with nothig to back up my statement but it's the objective truth nonetheless" and expect me to just say "I respect your opinion"

No I do not respect such flimsy statements and indeed you should completely withdraw from saying anything in this thread until you actually have something to say

Well, Luffy and Zoro are also very similar characters, they even say the same things

I dont see why you guys are fighting over who is Oden's parallel, is it because of your love for Oden? :D
Not really. Every SH except the females are idiots in their own way. And they've all shared similar gags with Luffy.

But yet again, it appears some fas only see it okay to dismiss the similarity with Sanji
There's literally NOTHING stopping you from making a thread about aboutll the parallels between Oden and Sanji if you like... I can even give you one right now... Oden cooks... There you have it... Go make a thread

There's even a thread about the parallels between Oden and Luffy and you don't see me going there to say "no there aren't because I said so"

Point is if you have nothing to say against the points made here, then you have nothing to say at all...You are purely just regargitating some vague idea in your head without thinking critical about it one bit and now you're offended that you don't have a leg to stand on in reality

Well, Luffy and Zoro are also very similar characters, they even say the same things

I dont see why you guys are fighting over who is Oden's parallel, is it because of your love for Oden? :D
If Zoro has similarities with a strong character ( Ndule tierlist confirmed by Oda?) Is bad writing in all lvls....cuz according to him Zoro is irrelevant (hey but Kid is way more relevant in his book :rolleyes:) therefore Oden being similar to Zoro doesn't add up..

I

Inspector_Mu

This is so coming back to bite you in the ass.
It wont bite me coz Zoro will not get any spotlight higher than luffy the main Man

Kaido only calculate the SN captains, especially Kidd Luffy Law

The rest of fighters will be handling YCs or orochi whatever

This is OdenLuffy show in Wano

How are people saying Zoro isn't a natural leader ?

- Johnny and Yosaku call him big bro and followed him for a while.

- In W7 after Luffy vs Ussop fight it was Zoro who reassured Luffy that what he did was right.

- After E.L it was Zoro who taught Luffy what it means to be captain

- When Luffy jumped off the sea train it was Zoro who sat at the front of the train and led the crew in to E.L

- When Luffy lost to Caesar it was Zoro who said that he needs to step his game up.

- When Zoro and the Giant were trapped by MR 3 wax cake it was Zoro who inspired the giant to not give up but instead try and fight.

- It was Zoro who sacrificed himself for his captain and crew.

- It was Zoro who predicted the BM and Kaido alliance.

The main qualities of a leader in One Piece is :

- Strength
- Wisdom
- Humility
- Strong Will
- Guts / Fearlessness
- have to be Likeable

Zoro has all of these qualities in very high amounts. Remember Guys Oden wasn't the leader Roger and WB were but he was still a natural leader, the same goes for Zoro and Luffy.
Oh, for fa*k sake Franky is more of a leader then Zoro and Sanji would ever be, Franky had a big crew that was ready to die for him, everyone of them was ready to die for him and that is pinnacle of leadership something that Zoro nor Sanji never had. Everyone of the strowhats crew is a leader to some degree for example Jinbe, Brook, Ussop, Nami by the way Nami... Nami has commanded the crew more then Luffy did and what? Of course Zoro and Sanji have a leadership qualities to some degree like ever strowhat crew member but they aren't a natural born leader Like Luffy and that is ok, just except the fact that Leadership isn't Zoro's thing and it isn't Sanji's thing.

This is so coming back to bite you in the ass.
All red scarbads saw Zoro with enma the sword of his beloved master yet they don't fight against that .

Kawamatsu do uses a similar phrase to praise Luffy and Zoro so yeah they give a damm.

Zoro -Kaido....boy they need to meet first before making any claim.

Ndule doesn't read OP......I think he just accommodates the events of each new chapter to his "powerlevel tierlist" and if the chapter contradicts his powerlist he twists the chapter to make it fit to later claim " I predicted this!".
:whistle: