• Hatchan
  • Daz Bones
  • Ohm
  • Kaku
  • Ryuma
  • Hyouzou
  • Monet
  • Pica
A non-Zoro Strawhat defeating the arc antagonist's strongest subordinate is unprecedented
I agree with the rest of your post, more or less, but Zoro's opponent wasn't always the second strongest. I'd say that at least 3 times, Kuroobi, Wadatsumi and Absalom, who was the second strongest enemy is unclear and Kaku being stronger than Jabura is debatable. I think he was, barely, but it's not certain.

Btw we should also consider that the second strongest enemy is Kaido himself at this point of the arc. He already fought against the scabbards and Big Mom was at full power. Now he is even weaker.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I agree with the rest of your post, more or less, but Zoro's opponent wasn't always the second strongest. I'd say that at least 3 times, Kuroobi, Wadatsumi and Absalom, who was the second strongest enemy is unclear and Kaku being stronger than Jabura is debatable. I think he was, barely, but it's not certain.

Btw we should also consider that the second strongest enemy is Kaido himself at this point of the arc. He already fought against the scabbards and Big Mom was at full power. Now he is even weaker.
To be fair, no way Absalom was stronger than Zombie Ryuma.
I dont think Absalom was stronger than half of his General Zombies, actually. :P
Kuroobi and Hacchi I legit dont see any gap between them.
Wadatsumi is legit, but the squidward dude had some built up to be seen as a legit threat, so I also think he was stronger than Wadatsumi.
Kaku and Jabura thing is...Oda put numbers on it. I know Jabura says "but akuma no mi", but honestly, if it meant something, then Oda wouldn't have put numbers in it. That was just Jabura pissed because Kaku had higher score than him.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
but Zoro's opponent wasn't always the second strongest. I'd say that at least 3 times, Kuroobi, Wadatsumi and Absalom, who was the second strongest enemy is unclear and Kaku being stronger than Jabura is debatable. I think he was, barely, but it's not certain.
I disagree with all the examples you've mentioned, but well it's not the point of this thread, so let's not get into the weeds debating it.

Mama is not the arc antagonist. She's an ally of the arc antagonist and a formidable opponent in her own right, but not the antagonist herself. The arc antagonist isn't always the strongest adversary in the arc:
  • Baratie
    • Mihawk was above Don Krieg
  • Thriller Bark
    • Kuma was above Moriah
  • Punk Hazard
    • Vergo was above Caesar
  • Dressrosa
    • Issho was above Doflamingo

I don't think Kaido is any weaker than Mama (especially not with mythical Zoan recovery), but whether Mama is stronger than Kaido or not doesn't change the fact that the arc antagonist is in fact Kaido.

I disagree with all the examples you've mentioned, but well it's not the point of this thread, so let's not get into the weeds debating it.

Mama is not the arc antagonist. She's an ally of the arc antagonist and a formidable opponent in her own right, but not the antagonist herself. The arc antagonist isn't always the strongest adversary in the arc:
  • Baratie
    • Mihawk was above Don Krieg
  • Thriller Bark
    • Kuma was above Moriah
  • Punk Hazard
    • Vergo was above Caesar
  • Dressrosa
    • Issho was above Doflamingo

I don't think Kaido is any weaker than Mama (especially not with mythical Zoan recovery), but whether Mama is stronger than Kaido or not doesn't change the fact that the arc antagonist is in fact Kaido.
Then Zoro might fight against the ally:myman:
Zoro was the one that briefly confronted Mihawk, Kuma and Issho :kayneshrug:

To be fair, no way Absalom was stronger than Zombie Ryuma.
I dont think Absalom was stronger than half of his General Zombies, actually. :P
Kuroobi and Hacchi I legit dont see any gap between them.
Wadatsumi is legit, but the squidward dude had some built up to be seen as a legit threat, so I also think he was stronger than Wadatsumi.
Kaku and Jabura thing is...Oda put numbers on it. I know Jabura says "but akuma no mi", but honestly, if it meant something, then Oda wouldn't have put numbers in it. That was just Jabura pissed because Kaku had higher score than him.
- You cant disregard Absalom's invisibility tho. If he turned invsible and shot people with salt he'd win. He was the trickier opponent. Plus the one who had higher heiarchy than Ryuma.
- Oda originally wanted Kuroobi to be the FM to Arlong. He also has better feats than Hachi.
- It's literally impossible for Hyouzou to defeat Wada. His AP has absolute fuck all potential. And his poison is super weak. Luffy was able to survive his poison. Whilst Luffy nearly died to the poison to the fish in WCI. And the fish in WCI had the hype " to be able to kill a giant". Meaning Hyouzou's poison can't kill a giant, let alone Wadatsumi. Wadatsumi could also tag Jinbe, and tanked Jinbe's ultimate attack. And multiple Oven attacks. He's defintely has the better feats.
- Kaku only had better base stats. Everything else is debatable.

Sanji also has defeated in the clear stronger opponents when he defeated Wanze. Who wasnt an Ennies Lobby opponent, and was a person he struggled against more than Absaldom. And he defeated the main boss of Early Saboundy, which was Duval. Whilst Zoro fought fodders.

Not after we literally have 14 pages of Zoro indicating his desire to fight Kaido:
Its pretty clear Oda doesnt want Zoro to fight King. This is Zoro's arc, he cant fight a surbordinate. Like how Sanji was up against Meme in hsi Cooking challenge. Zoro will be up against Kaido or his allies. I still think Zoro will fight Orochi in end. Especially since Hiyori is still here. Zoro can kill or defeat him for her...

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Yes i can
If anything Zoro is more annoyed he cant get up than fighting King. He barely even has any interaction with him

Hell even Sanji had more intetactions with King than Zoro

You guys reaching for the straws to justify things
No you clearly can't fucking read.
The post you quoted literally says MULTIPLE TIMES zoros desire to fight KAIDO
And you somehow read that as king.

I think at this point Sanji vs King is a given. Why make Sanji save Momo and clash against King the first time...if he were to fight Queen. Why make Zoro retrieve the antitdote....if Sanji were to fight Queen. Similar to how Nami and Ulti fought....took a break....and then resumed again for a brief moment. Until they finally resume at the end properly. Sanji vs King will also resume. Same thing happened with Luffy vs Doffy/Katakuri. Sanji and King have only had their first round. King won due to Sanji's distraction...