Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly there is something that keeping me thinking yamato wont join as a crew is that momo and yamato might be planned for the ancient weapon.

You might say I'm out of nowhere to say this. But kaido also mentioned something about ancient weapon back then. Its plot has not begun yet but the clues are already placed everywhere. It makes me think the odds of yamato joining is 50/50

Ok .. bon.. this is hurting my brain so much that I'll do something I don't usually do. I'll ignore the post and focus only on a few things and sentences:

I REALLY need you to understand what bad faith is so I will lit the way.

- First and foremost.. I notice that there is here (and with other players here) a huge problem on the definitions and usage of the words. I do understand that One Piece is such a story that it has created many .. many storytellers.. but it has also c reated many.. many missconception of storytelling.

You can't just use the word "foreshadowing" like a trumpet, this word has meaning.. saying (for example) "Robin was foreshadowed by Nami"... is purely meaningless.. it means literally "nothing". It's like saying that Robin was potato by Nami.. It's meaningless.. I have other example like that on you reply but I'll stop at that for that subject.. Be careful with the words.. Or give context so I can understand you.

If you want to know more about what are and what are not foreshadowings : I got an article on that precise subject.

Ok now the core of my reply. until we both agree that there is a problem here, I won't reply on the rest of your post, it would be meaningless as it is mostly the same thing again and again..

You say:

"Every single SH was foreshadowed by a previous SH before their introduction, and Carrot was never an active crewmate. Once again you create your own criteria to force Carrot in. "

I'll ignore the first part as it is meaningless as I previously said, what is interesting however is that part: "Carrot was never an active crewmate".

So.. do you see the problem here.. no.... do ANYONE see the problem with that sentence ?

See, this is the purest example of what I call a bad faith argument. Why ?

Well because this is not true. You know it. I know it. Everyones knows it. But.. you are still making the argument that Carrot has never acted as crewmate..

Why ?

I need to understand

Why are you ignoring 40+ panel of Carrot acting as a look-out and so, as a crewmate?

Why.. are you using bad faith here ?
Post automatically merged:

I won't lie, the situation of Carrot for us Carrot fan is indeed concerning and the only answer is "for the shock value it would bring".. The main reason I want people to really focus on whole cake is because Oda has done something with Carrot there that he has never done for any other living character in the serie. You can see that as the equilibrium to the lack of Carrot in Wano. For me, the balance stay the same because of the importance of those parameters.

I don't need to make anyone agree with me, I just need to make them understand that toxicity is not okay ^^

I'll add somthing for everyone:

Don't be afraid to say "sorry I was wrong"

I feel like the bad faith is coming just because some people here can't accept defeat.. hey! Chill.. we are not on a ring...
I won't drag you down just because you come back on you words. It's okay to make mistakes.

If you are afraid of me sayin see you said you were wrong, so everything you say must be wrong.. Fear no more, I'm not like that.
Spoiler, i've already said that I was wrong here.

(Just trying to find a way to touch you guys, the bad faith needs to stop)
You have a terrible god complex. But you are no body. You are not better than the rest. And we are not better than you. Stop being the victim and using that to attack.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Ok .. bon.. this is hurting my brain so much that I'll do something I don't usually do. I'll ignore the post and focus only on a few things and sentences:

I REALLY need you to understand what bad faith is so I will lit the way.

- First and foremost.. I notice that there is here (and with other players here) a huge problem on the definitions and usage of the words. I do understand that One Piece is such a story that it has created many .. many storytellers.. but it has also c reated many.. many missconception of storytelling.

You can't just use the word "foreshadowing" like a trumpet, this word has meaning.. saying (for example) "Robin was foreshadowed by Nami"... is purely meaningless.. it means literally "nothing". It's like saying that Robin was potato by Nami.. It's meaningless.. I have other example like that on you reply but I'll stop at that for that subject.. Be careful with the words.. Or give context so I can understand you.

If you want to know more about what are and what are not foreshadowings : I got an article on that precise subject.

Ok now the core of my reply. until we both agree that there is a problem here, I won't reply on the rest of your post, it would be meaningless as it is mostly the same thing again and again..

You say:

"Every single SH was foreshadowed by a previous SH before their introduction, and Carrot was never an active crewmate. Once again you create your own criteria to force Carrot in. "

I'll ignore the first part as it is meaningless as I previously said, what is interesting however is that part: "Carrot was never an active crewmate".

So.. do you see the problem here.. no.... do ANYONE see the problem with that sentence ?

See, this is the purest example of what I call a bad faith argument. Why ?

Well because this is not true. You know it. I know it. Everyones knows it. But.. you are still making the argument that Carrot has never acted as crewmate..

Why ?

I need to understand

Why are you ignoring 40+ panel of Carrot acting as a look-out and so, as a crewmate?

Why.. are you using bad faith here ?

I won't lie, the situation of Carrot for us Carrot fan is indeed concerning and the only answer is "for the shock value it would bring".. The main reason I want people to really focus on whole cake is because Oda has done something with Carrot there that he has never done for any other living character in the serie. You can see that as the equilibrium to the lack of Carrot in Wano. For me, the balance stay the same because of the importance of those parameters.

I don't need to make anyone agree with me, I just need to make them understand that toxicity is not okay ^^

I'll add somthing for everyone:

Don't be afraid to say "sorry I was wrong"

I feel like the bad faith is coming just because some people here can't accept defeat.. hey! Chill.. we are not on a ring...
I won't drag you down just because you come back on you words. It's okay to make mistakes.

If you are afraid of me sayin see you said you were wrong, so everything you say must be wrong.. Fear no more, I'm not like that.
Spoiler, i've already said that I was wrong here.

So anyone who doesn't believe Carrot is an active crewmate argues in bad faith.

Whether you're not too bright or is putting on an act, only official members are active crewmates. There's no inbetween. Carrot is not one of the SHs and no amount of delusion can separate being an official crew member to being an active crew member. There's no difference.

Are Momo, Kinemon and Law this new "active crewmate?"

So anyone who doesn't believe Carrot is an active crewmate argues in bad faith.

Whether you're not too bright or is putting on an act, only official members are active crewmates. There's no inbetween. Carrot is not one of the SHs and no amount of delusion can separate being an official crew member to an active crew member. There's no difference.

Are Momo, Kinemon and Law this new "active crewmate?"
If carrot is an active member. Bon clay and vivi too... The problem with carrot is the fact that other characters have more things to demostrate than carrot. Bellamy, Monet, Vivi, Kinnemon, Sabo, Momo even tama have more things with luffy and mugiwaras and the story than carrot.

In my opinion. An "active member" makes no sense. Because the main "active member" and longer is vivi... So vivi is better option than carrot by "active member" rules...

Please 2022... Make Yamato joins and finish this problem.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
If carrot is an active member. Bon clay and vivi too... The problem with carrot is the fact that other characters have more things to demostrate than carrot. Bellamy, Monet, Vivi, Kinnemon, Sabo, Momo even tama have more things with luffy and mugiwaras and the story than carrot.

In my opinion. An "active member" makes no sense. Because the main "active member" and longer is vivi... So vivi is better option than carrot by "active member" rules...

Please 2022... Make Yamato joins and finish this problem.
Nah only Carrot stands out. Oda CLEARLY has specific plans laid out for her, and her alone.

You were banned for being toxic and all you should say was that they were protecting Yamato fans from your "facts." Arrogance.
It’s really funny that he accused “the toxicity of that forum” while IIRC AP is way less toxic. Imagine joining, and less than a week accusing people there as one of sources of hate for Carrot, now that’s toxic. Yet he said he wants to end the toxicity there only for him to be banned, which means he’s the one toxic & he’s the one being ended. The conversation is still there too.

@CarrotForNakama if your arguments won't win us over, why do you think claiming you know better will? If we already don't believe your arguments, then why would we believe you on that? Just accept that people can have opinions that contradict yours. No one here has said anything about trashing Oda if Yamato doesn't join. We wouldn't get more toxic if Carrot joined instead, we would get shamed and lose credibility. If you want to discuss things fine, but don't pretend to be on some evangelical mission to end toxicity when you're the one stirring it up by talking down to everyone who disagrees with you. If you want to know how to be respected by the people you argue with, ask @Shift .

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
It’s really funny that he accused “the toxicity of that forum” while IIRC AP is way less toxic. Imagine joining, and less than a week accusing people there as one of sources of hate for Carrot, now that’s toxic. Yet he said he wants to end the toxicity there only for him to be banned, which means he’s the one toxic & he’s the one being ended. The conversation is still there too.
Arlong Park is strict; they don't tolerate any BS of any kind. Just be civil and obey the rules...that's it. And C4N got banned within 1 to 2 weeks for toxic debating habits. Getting banned that quickly from AP for toxicity in ONE debate shows that C4N isn't a good debater.

Now we here at WG is designed to more lenient. We gave a good tolerance for BS and you wont get banned just for being annoying. With that said, if you still stand out as one of the more toxic members, or even get banned from this forum of all places, you are truly the worst of the worst lol. And C4N is standing out.

NGL mate, i really want Carrot to be part of the Crew, but the thing is still slow AF, and doesn't seems to be changed soon (I hope it does, but for the momment doesn't seems to be the case)
Since Onigashima we had until ch 989 with her on panel, but now, we don't even have her since almost 1005 with her defeat XD (And don't tell she has appeared, because 2/3 panels i think aren't enough at this point XDXD)
There's no need to be that secure of what you're talking about when everybody is feeling different and telling you you're wrong, even i that i'm not a supporter of Yamato being a crewmate... The War seems to be ending, and Carrot will appear more, OFC, but at this point there's no more space for a plot with her if Oda want's to end the war soon XDXD

NGL mate, i really want Carrot to be part of the Crew, but the thing is still slow AF, and doesn't seems to be changed soon (I hope it does, but for the momment doesn't seems to be the case)
Since Onigashima we had until ch 989 with her on panel, but now, we don't even have her since almost 1005 with her defeat XD (And don't tell she has appeared, because 2/3 panels i think aren't enough at this point XDXD)
There's no need to be that secure of what you're talking about when everybody is feeling different and telling you you're wrong, even i that i'm not a supporter of Yamato being a crewmate... The War seems to be ending, and Carrot will appear more, OFC, but at this point there's no more space for a plot with her if Oda want's to end the war soon XDXD
They speak truth there carrrot4nakama fan I can tell you that they are not yamata stand.

Sorry if this post is too long. Would like to hear any counters to these if Oda meant for her to stay in Wano.
Your post ignores a significant part of her character though. You never once mentioned guardian, protector, or anything of the sort. Even though her most character defining moment to date is highlighting her role in exactly that.

It's fine recognising her desire to adventure. That's valid. But what people often forget, (or rather intentionally ignore), are her other desires that are just as, if not even more important.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Your post ignores a significant part of her character though. You never once mentioned guardian, protector, or anything of the sort. Even though her most character defining moment to date is highlighting her role in exactly that.

It's fine recognising her desire to adventure. That's valid. But what people often forget, (or rather intentionally ignore), are her other desires that are just as, if not even more important.
And Yamato hasn't expressed the slightest desire to stay in Wano. Despite knowing how important Wano and Momo were for 20 years, her greatest desire is to leave the country that kept her as a prisoner.

Her most character defining moment is her declaration to Ace that wants to sail.

To this day, you have yet to explain why Yamato still declared she's leaving despite all the Momo and Guardian stuff that supposedly defines her character so much.

Most character defining moment? You mean this one:

:endthis:
Nein, we all know pretty well her entire character (for the moment) goes around Momo, even Toei knows that XDXD
The wannasail part could be, just could be, a metaphore of a One Piece Fan willing to sail on a Adventure with his favourite choosen one Character...And that could end up not being resolved... But better not lie to ourselves, she's at this point in... Like it or not, the publicity and the marketing of the character has been arround being nakama (Like they did with law tho), so if it's not a crewmate, it's a new Law 2.0

She's not a future nakama, nor is she another Law. She's the plot convenient fan service princess Oda thought up at the very last minute to save the tumbling sales. Once we're in Elbaf, she'll be forgotten as soon as you can say melons.

She's not a future nakama, nor is she another Law. She's the plot convenient fan service princess Oda thought up at the very last minute to save the tumbling sales. Once we're in Elbaf, she'll be forgotten as soon as you can say melons.
Nah mate, she's not that irrelevant XD
She's literally the daighter of Kaido, like it or not, she'll have a relevant plot for the end of the series... I hope not as a Mugi, but time will say

Nah mate, she's not that irrelevant XD
She's literally the daighter of Kaido, like it or not, she'll have a relevant plot for the end of the series... I hope not as a Mugi, but time will say
And Pudding was literally the daughter of Big Meme. Didn't stop Oda from dumping her in a back ally, leaving her to ugly cry as the straw hats sailed away.

As easily as Oda pulled Yamao out of his ass, he can shove her back in. Once he's finished milking her for what she's worth that is. Becoming Momo's mutt is more than she deserves if we're being totally honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.