Who will beat Kaido now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's obviously not dead but he kinda looks like he's possessed.:milaugh:
My guess is DFs can exert some form of their own will on the user. For example, fruits like Funkfreed and Lasso are quite literally a sword and gun with living wills. Smiles have living animals coexisting with the user. Oda teased it years ago that Vegapunk would explain this eventually.

I would not be surprised if he was waiting for this moment, to show it with Luffy first (which Luffy will eventually control and master), before really tying in that fact.

So it's not Joyboy, but if that was his fruit at the time, it might "remember" being with him. It imprints his will on Luffy physically.

Switch out luffy for zoro, sanji, or anyone else people would say its peak writing and the best thing to ever happen

Lots of people are just mad its not their favorite character instead. Tho others just legitimately dont like the idea of reincarnation like plots which is fair. Tho very weird coming from zoro and sanji fans when they have a decent chance of being ryuma or sora or someshit🗿
Even more weird from some stans that not only wanted but expected zoro to kill actual death, fully heal, and became the savior of wano outshining luffy and everyone else

Switch out luffy for zoro, sanji, or anyone else people would say its peak writing and the best thing to ever happen

Lots of people are just mad its not their favorite character instead. Tho others just legitimately dont like the idea of reincarnation like plots which is fair. Tho very weird coming from zoro and sanji fans when they have a decent chance of being ryuma or sora or someshit🗿
Even more weird from some stans that not only wanted but expected zoro to kill actual death, fully heal, and became the savior of wano outshining luffy and everyone else
It's just such a silly ass thing to be mad about too lol. Like Luffy has been the MC for 25 years. It was always gonna come down to this lol

Oda should've made CoC something that a character unlocks by his own, not something that the character literally borns with to the point it is used without their actual knowledge

If you're simply born with it, it means you were "blessed by the heavens", actually thats exactly what the manga says about it... This thing runs through genes LoL, if your parents have it, you're going to have it as well

Why shonen can't run from this "fate" thing? It always needs to be there, even if it isn't necessary at all
:suresure:

I feel like Luffy will come back with a totally new and godlike form in next chapter and stop Kaido at a critical point, probably saving Momo in the process.

By the way, is it just me or Luffy smiling while his body is melting is remniniscent of Oden's smile when he sunk into the boiling oil ?

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
They said I was lying when I told them Luffy post Oden flashback is about to be Oda's most wanked character ever.

Admittedly, it took much longer than I anticipated, but we're finally here.

He's down big on the scoreboard right now, but this comeback about to be legendary :myman:

It's just such a silly ass thing to be mad about too lol. Like Luffy has been the MC for 25 years. It was always gonna come down to this lol
Tbh stuff tied around fate/destiny usually isnt my favorite thing but its not like oda was all that subtle about it lol
Its been obvious since the each blue luffy was some short of chosen one
"zOrOdoEsNotkIlLkAidO" lmfao man get a fucking life

So if we look back in the series, it's kind of easy to piece together what's going on here.

I spoke about this extensively back during Dressrosa, but nobody really wanted to entertain the thought back then, but with this chapters turn of events, I think it's a good topic to bring back up into discussion.

So when Luffy was in the tournament fighting for the Mera Mera No Mi, Sabo asked him one very important question. Was it OK for him to eat the Mera Mera no Mi, and inherit Ace's will.

Now I've done theories on the matter of Devil Fruits actually containing the souls of the people who ate them prior, and as the generations pass, the current user has basically "Inherited the Will" of all users who came before them.

This chapter furthers that suspicion, and even heavily implies that "Joy Boy" of 800 years ago, was the user of the Gomu Gomu No Mi. So essentially, Luffy eating that fruit, means he inadvertently inherited Joy Boys will. The missing piece of the puzzle is how would that manifest itself. Well it looks like we have our answer. It's awakening.

Luffy wasn't linked to any crazy fate. His Devil Fruit was. Luffy just so happened to be the one to have eaten that Fruit during the promised time, thus becoming the one to inherit and fulfill Joy Boy's Will.

Luffy trademark smirk...similar to roger...many times we have seen before oden...
Yes but that's not the point. Him smirking with his eyes hidden while his body is "melting" reminds me of Oden smiling in very similar circumstances. His body was burning from the boiling oil, he was smirking and we couldn't see his eyes.

This is even worse than Naruto. In Naruto, we still have Sasuke reincarnation BS together with MC.

But in OP, everything is just solely and only for Luffy. Villain are the poorest thing in OP world.

Status
Not open for further replies.