Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bond between Luffy and Whitebeard men is treated completely differently that the bond between the captains of Luffy. Everything in dressrosa was outlined to enhance that "brotherhood" feels, Paneling, storylines, but even more so, dynamic between the member. THe conflict was focus on that bond where the outlining of the marineford war was only focused on one goal: Ace. The point of having whitebeard men follow Luffy was to show that Luffy could even build allies in the tremor of war and in the most stronger crews.
Luffy was shown being able to get more allies and people to follow him by showing his unconscious CoC. That potential was stated to be dangerous by Mihawk. A potential foreshadowing of the sheer number of followers Luffy will have. Whitebeard Pirates were acting as brothers to Ace while Luffy was Ace's Brother by Sake Ritual. They all being on the same page to save Ace brought their connection closer. We shall see if Marco and/or Izo explain that situation to Luffy and the Strawhats.
You are going too far here. Unless proven otherwise, Weevil wants to kill Marco, not befriend him.
Too far? It's a possibility. Weevil's story will be explored in the future. Marco can provide exposition to us the readers but will likely need Luffy's protection.
Possible

A bit too far again for me.. That would be much.
Too far in the future for you to consider? Or too many members?? This Fleet I'm presenting would be against the endgame WG so 50,000+ members may be necessary. Luffy and crew have freed many a slave and prisoner. Fans across the globe on land, under the sea, or in the sky. You can close that door but I'll leave it open.
Still you forgot THE most emotional moment of Carrot and what define the most her value as a character
Most emotional moment would be when Pedro blew up in front of everyone. Which I stated.

Sanji comforting Carrot after Carrot tries to make Sanji feel less guilty ain't it if that's what your implying. If it isn't then ...?

I stated ~95% of Carrot's history. Your perspective of the manga doesn't change ink on the panels.
Yes she did, it's factual, go reread the arc and put every brook feets in front of Carrot's and you will see a clear difference. For example, the highlight Carrot had with the Sulong moment in unprecedented , Brook but even more, most of the strawhat didn't even come close in term of outlining. The illusion you get with Brook is that there are three chapter about his flashback at the end of the arc. But those are not his "feets on thriller bark", it's a flashback.

Concerning whole cake on the other hand, it's more debatable. Brook was indeed extremelly important in this arc, perhaps more than Carrot was.
Carrot's introductory arc: Zou
Brook's introductory arc: Thriller Bark

Carrot on Zou: Zoro clash, Super high jump, Lookout potential, Curious of adventure

Brook on Thriller Bark: Musician potential, Luffy likes Afro per Long Ring Long Land arc, Saved Franky and Robin with Salt, Ryuma clash, Laboon connection, Luffy recaps reasons Brook will be joining, Brook seeing Zoro take Luffy's pain, Brook's Flashback

Whole Cake Island is not Carrot's intro arc so it should not be compared with Brook on Thriller Bark. NOTHING Carrot did on WCI can compare with Brook copying the Road Poneglyph nor Brook breaking the Mother Carmel picture. It's not PERHAPS but DEFINITELY Brook was more important on WCI.
Her Kingbird status and her capacity to fly. There is also her lineage which is not clear and intriging. But why do you absolutely need a mystery for the character. There was no need for one with Usopp for example everything was there. Same for Zoro, same for Chopper..
Kingbird status is voided now that Cat and Dog made up. Why her and Wanda were Kingsbirds is not really a mystery that needs exploring since the status means nothing now.

Carrot can control her glide and other Minks have shown similar gliding feats. I've seen your flying arguments. I don't agree with your interpretation. Nothing to elaborate.

Her lineage being expanded on would be great but that's a big part of Carrot for Nakama problem. Exploring her lineage would likely delve into Carrot's past via flashback which she sorely lacks. As far as we know, Carrot lived a normal Mink life for 15 years on Zou never leaving Zunesha until recently.

Mystery of Zoro was to confirm the rumors if he was strong and if he was a good or bad person. Confirmed by Luffy. The mystery of his village origins was expanded on in Wano.

The mystery of Usopp was that he is Yasopp's son which connects to Shanks which connects to Luffy.

Chopper was a talking animal! That was a mystery as this is before Minks were known to exist.

The point is Carrot needs more to her character to explore as expectations for characters are different in the present than the past.

Ok so I was first alerted to this thread via my friend @Jew D. Boy's activity. He's normally the chillest dude around, but I thought it was hilarious how heated the Yamato vs Carrot debate gets.

Remember the Key & Peele skit where Obama coldly shakes hands with white constituents while warmly embracing his black brothers? Hope no one gets offended, it's just a 10 minute dumb meme and all in good fun :milaugh:
I can't see the video at all, it is just white...
What's wrong with me?

I can understand why some people aren't feeling as emotionally attached to some extent since Yamato hasn't really been given a chance to emotionally connect with Luffy. Both times, when she was either crying or bleeding on the ground, Luffy was too busy dealing with the active threat right in front of him instead of taking the time to talk to her. That would be like if Luffy approached Nami when she was crying on the ground, only for Arlong to appear right behind him just before he heard Nami's plea.

carrot uses the kinetic energy from her movement. She pushes herself using her legs and then later changes the trajectory
Changing her trajectory in mid air means flying my boy.

she could not get back because she can’t fly
That we don't don't. But we have a clew indicating that she could: The fact that she came on the Sunny without any help from Zou.

Didn't someone say that the cat is flying in the raid in a chapter?
We can see Nekomamushi using his Paw to project himself. So no it was not flying, but it was seen as so by the ennemies because it's surprising to see a cat in the air.

Huh❔ but if carrot can fly why would she be on the ground in the first place?
Because Perospero can stick you on the ground. Meaning catch you midair and stick you back

bro we proved him wrong so now he is trying to play with words but failing at it miserably its pretty clear
You proved nothing lol. You are all trying to escape the reality that Carrot has a special ability. Because you don't like that.

Not related but since C4N claims that Carrot is special as well for learning Sulong at her age.. I was wondering when did Inu and Neko were first able to use Sulong, as kids, or selftaught, in Wano, on Whitebeard’s ship, Roger’s ship or when they went back to Zou?.. Anyway
Good question indeed

Too far in the future for you to consider? Or too many members??
Too many members, it feels a bit over the top. But like the idea.

Most emotional moment would be when Pedro blew up in front of everyone. Which I stated.

Sanji comforting Carrot after Carrot tries to make Sanji feel less guilty ain't it if that's what your implying. If it isn't then ...?

I stated ~95% of Carrot's history. Your perspective of the manga doesn't change ink on the panels.
At the difference that Pedro's death is not a characterizing moment for Carrot. It's only here do show us her sorrow. On the other hand the conversation with Sanji shows what kind of strong character she can be in accepting the death of her mentor without burdening Sanji.

Carrot's introductory arc: Zou
Brook's introductory arc: Thriller Bark
You are misstaken, Zou is only the arc where Carrot is introduced, the real introductory arc for Carrot is whole cake. This is the arc that defines her character, this is the arc that defines her arc and her ways. Plus, the potential of a future strawhat can only be done from the introduction, to the moment they are recruited.Meaning that you must take Zou+Whole Cake+Wano into account concerning Carrot, and even then I'm not sure it's sufficient as Carrot will most likely go through deep development again before being officialized.. in another arc.

The introductory development of a mugiwara only ends the moment they are officialized, not before. That's why Robin was still in a state of introduction in Jay, Skypiea and long ring island. Same for Nami during Orange town, Syrup village and the baratie arc.

NOTHING Carrot did on WCI can compare with Brook copying the Road Poneglyph nor Brook breaking the Mother Carmel picture. It's not PERHAPS but DEFINITELY Brook was more important on WCI.
I'm not questionning that. I do agree.

Kingbird status is voided now that Cat and Dog made up. Why her and Wanda were Kingsbirds is not really a mystery that needs exploring since the status means nothing now.
All the more reason for Carrot to go beyond Zou. Carrot has litteraly nothing to go back to. And yes this status rests on a mystery, you can't say that Carrot's status is normal.

Carrot can control her glide and other Minks have shown similar gliding feats. I've seen your flying arguments. I don't agree with your interpretation. Nothing to elaborate.
Only through other forces, like a paw or a tail. Carrot can do that with her entire body. It IS a special ability. I won't leave any ground on that one.

Her lineage being expanded on would be great but that's a big part of Carrot for Nakama problem. Exploring her lineage would likely delve into Carrot's past via flashback which she sorely lacks. As far as we know, Carrot lived a normal Mink life for 15 years on Zou never leaving Zunesha until recently.
There is an hypothesis (that I made) stating that Carrot could have been born outside of Zo and that her parents were actually Pedro's crewmate during their trip to find the poneglyphs. Their is a concordance is the dates. This would be one of the only way I could see a development of that sort. But again, there is no real need for it right now.

Mystery of Zoro was to confirm the rumors if he was strong and if he was a good or bad person. Confirmed by Luffy. The mystery of his village origins was expanded on in Wano.

The mystery of Usopp was that he is Yasopp's son which connects to Shanks which connects to Luffy.

Chopper was a talking animal! That was a mystery as this is before Minks were known to exist.
Those are not mysteries. They are just characterization's factor at the time of the recrutment phase.

A real mystery is for example the origines of Nami's abilities to predict the weither or her own origins. The mystery can also be the parents of Franky or the lineage of Sanji. Those were and/or still are real mysteries.

The point is Carrot needs more to her character to explore as expectations for characters are different in the present than the past.
Of course. And this can only be done after she joins.

I love how @AL sama came here to critisize both sides and now he's exclusively debating C4N. We tried to tell you:gokulaugh:
There is no "criticizing both sides" when there is a present bias is ones mind.

Changing her trajectory in mid air means flying my boy.
No if she was standing still and suddenly started to go up in the air without jumping and then changes trajectory, that is flying. The origin of the force is important. Sanji can change the trajectory as well but he kicks the air, that is not flying. Doffy can do it as well but he use his strings. Carrot jumps and then changes the vector of the force. It’s simple physics, actually.

That we don't don't. But we have a clew indicating that she could: The fact that she came on the Sunny without any help from Zou.
Jumping from Zou down to a ship and jumping up is totally different. ⬆️ ⬇️ Big difference. One direction uses the gravity to your advantage on the other one gravity is your biggest enemy.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
Smoker as a SH is insane and I love it that we have someone publicly pushing for it lol
I honestly wouldn't mind it, it would be like some of those RPGs where you get a person you were an enemy with as a party member (Ex: Chrono Trigger), which I always found neat.
:kayneshrug:

His personality would open the door for good moments as well. Given he's a marine and how they're all about order and discipline it'd be really interesting to see that clash with the chaos that is the Straw Hat Crew and see him shift towards that throughout the story. It helps that he would have a unique skill set as well given his logia powers.
:goyea:

I honestly wouldn't mind it, it would be like some of those RPGs where you get a person you were an enemy with as a party member (Ex: Chrono Trigger), which I always found neat.
:kayneshrug:

His personality would open the door for good moments as well. Given he's a marine and how they're all about order and discipline it'd be really interesting to see that clash with the chaos that is the Straw Hat Crew and see him shift towards that throughout the story. It helps that he would have a unique skill set as well given his logia powers.
:goyea:
I don’t know how to feel yet about it lol, I just like to hear other arguments aside from Carrot vs Yamato, shit is boring at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.