Character Discussion What "popular" characters do you find to be boring or dislike ?

The Sabo and Hancock hate is real:crazwhat:

Coby have better feats and portrayal than Sanji?:jay-yeah::luchosop:
he unlocked CoO pre-skip and was personally trained for 2 years by Garp

Sanji on the otherhand unlocked it during the timeskip by running away from fodder.
Post automatically merged:

Sanji's trainer was ivankov and its not even clear if ivankov personally trained sanji like Garp did Koby

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
he unlocked CoO pre-skip and was personally trained for 2 years by Garp

Sanji on the otherhand unlocked it during the timeskip by running away from fodder.

Sanji's trainer was ivankov and its not even clear if ivankov personally trained sanji like Garp did Koby
The Okamas are not fodders lol:gokulaugh:Everyone of them is martial art experts lmao:suresure:And while I won't said that Ivankov didn't personally train Sanji, he's still learning on his own unlike Coby:cheers:

Luffy - he used to be one of my favorites, but ever since the Doflamingo fight, he keeps getting worse.
Kid - this one is partially because I typically don't like heavy metal, but I never thought he was that great or interesting.
Oden - worst flashback char yet.
Shanks - one of the most overrated chars in the series.
Rayleigh - he seems like he could be cool, but I never found Rayleigh to be as interesting or fun like Whitebeard, Garp, or Sengoku.
Sabo - was fine in the flashback, but ruined Ace's death upon returning and eating the Mera.

i know oda just wants to make a name pun for sanji as the third sibling, but his brothers are just boring
ichiji and niji have very similar appearance, and all his brothers almost seem to have similar personalities --> arrogant and mean
if i were oda, i would just use judge to justify sanji's bad childhood (something like judge beating his own son). It would also give judge more screen time so readers can understand better about their relationship

Ace... just Ace. He barely had a presence in the story until Marineford, and yet Oda treats him like he was the best One Piece character and won't let the guy go. He even went as far as making Sabo his clone which sucks. And now Wano has got more Ace backstory stuff, just meh. I hope this is the last of it after this arc so I can just forget the guy.

Post time skip Sanji just hurts my heart. He was my favorite in the beginning and now look at him. He's been flanderized into the ground. :catcry:

Sabo (I didn’t need this guy back from the dead, and now it turns out he’s the second in command of the Revolutionary Army? No, thank you).

Zoro and Sanji (mostly because of their fanbases and because I feel they lost those traits that made them unique and great characters as the story progressed. Now Zoro is just a guy that is there to deliver cool lines and do some stuff that I guess is supposed to be cool. And Sanji is a walking contradiction of a character and, as the years went by and I matured, I found out I didn’t like his personality that much).

The Vinsmokes (boring characters).

And Law, for some reason.

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
Does the question apply to only OP characters or also WG users?
:myman:

OP character, well I like most of them to be honest but if I have to choose a boring one i'd say Rebecc... ah sorry, "POPULAR" one uh? Probably Smoothie then

Just like Toki. Females with great potential.
Toki, hopefully Oda will explain everything about her through Yamato and Oden's book

Does the question apply to only OP characters or also WG users?
:myman:

OP character, well I like most of them to be honest but if I have to choose a boring one i'd say Rebecc... ah sorry, "POPULAR" one uh? Probably Smoothie then

Toki, hopefully Oda will explain everything about her through Yamato and Oden's book
Man I gave up Toki being the focus at any lvl.

So far is ..time travel ->Kozuki dick ->bear children -> forget bout whatever mission she had.

If her mission was to time travel to give a prophecy then...
:laughmoji:

djiayebee

☆ 𝕊𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕦𝕡𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕕𝕕𝕪 ☆
Man I gave up Toki being the focus at any lvl.

So far is ..time travel ->Kozuki dick ->bear children -> forget bout whatever mission she had.

If her mission was to time travel to give a prophecy then...
:laughmoji:
well.. yea maybe her mission was just to find a man and have kids so that her lineage could be continued (passing the will of ancestors bla bla)...
does that sound like a waste of her DF? absolutely, but let's see if Oda can turn the tables around and surprise us

-revos officers sabo included
-shiraoshi and rebecca
-smoothie
-all doffy's underling except doffy himself
- f*ckin Wapol

Jinbe.
It’s sad that Law feels more like a straw hat than him
Law feels more like a strawhat than most of the strawhat at this point. I don't know if this is good or bad but I prefer for Oda to give the SH a priority over outsider. Post ts has destroyed the strawhats involvement to the series I think.

Last edited: