[FNZ] Super Role Madness Round 12: Death Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
she’s going to be deported to the dead chat if she doesn’t start playing in the next 24 hours
That’s a long way to go mate and she already talked some. Irrc you only need a few posts to avoid a mod kill, I mean look at cobra :suresure:
Post automatically merged:

We’ve been over this - miller trauma. And I know you’re a smart enough girl to pull off lying about it :wellwell:
What is miller again?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Okay. Read pretty much everything. Think I skipped a Light/Fuji post there because it seemed disconnected from the game with the time thing.

My reads of active players below. I didn't include some who aren't really active. Only those who posted a few times.

Town:

Fuji — Not only did he come out aggressive and demanding reads, but he made mistakes. Scum is way more calculated, whereas Fuji's mistaking players early on and isn't keeping his attention on any single player. He's snooping around. It reminds me of Reborn in its tenacity and annoying nature.

See, you're mixing up Rayan and Yo because you're jumping around like a panther with rabies. Pipe down, we have so much time without you creating confusion everywhere because you read everything in 5 seconds. :suresure:
Nat's quote here basically made me lean heavily for Fuji.

NeutralWatcher — He's pretty straight forward as a townie. Isn't saying much but has tried to stay on topic the entire game. Off his meta, I'm saying he's leaning town.

Natalija — ..Looking at her posts, she hasn't done much lmfao. She put up a few posts that were decent but she feels a little void post wise. But the tone of her post and style leaves me to believe she's town. I think I can read her pretty well.

The Long List of Slightly Active Neutrals:

Zara — Has a better chance of being town but reviewing his posts in large he hasn't done much. A little scuffle with Fuji over Fuji town leading, which I do sorta appreciate but nothing of note to push him further in either category. I still have a good-ish feeling about him though.
Queen
Tris
Light
Reborn

Yo Tan

Kiwi — Miller. Enough said, should always be somewhat wary of her until something happens.

Lean Scum

Rayan — His arguments with Fuji didn't amount to anything. He just insulted Fuji's picks / opinions on town but I don't recall seeing Rayan put anything of value in place or discuss anything. He popped in for that, and that's is. Pointless argument.
Gambit — Feels like he's blowing up my commentary about Zara or Queen into something way too large and nitpicking. I think my thoughts are clear on his posts. Paper thin and substanceless.
Mel — She's all fluff and some misunderstood points. Specifically at me, I recall her trying to "get me" when I took the ⅃ claim seriously. Overall gives me a negative feeling.
Poison — So, pleasant person to converse with. She seems nice. She has talked a lot and said literally nothing. She obsesses over game rules, then asks pretty benign questions that doesn't advance the game or gleam info from people. She's just floating around. My memory of her posts were of Poison being active and talking/questioning, so I didn't bother to think negatively of her.

I'd be happiest with a Poison lynch right now.
Unvote
Vote lynch Poison @Rej @Noctis

What's your favourite alignment?

Oh no these are my special poisonous cookies you'll die instantly. No pain,. You won't even know the taste, you'll die as soon as it touches your mouth.
Alright, 18 players game? Probably 3 scum 2 3p.? Or 4 scum 1 3p.
Basically it would be the investigation team vs Kira, misa, Ryuk and Rem. But if that's the case there is probably no 3p? And I do not believe a game from Oreki which is called supermadness does not have a 3P
I have no experience with DN games but his recent hosting with 22 players had 4 scum + 2 3ps
Reborn, how often do you post early reads?
I guess more abilities? Also because it would make this kid @Noctis a little extra mad while making it.
So... What's everyone's favourite alignment to play?

Oreki is illegal.
Well well at least we gotta make sure we don't mislynch. Cause avoiding mislynch this game is as important as lynching scum.

I like 3rd party too
Survivors are the hardest tbh. You need to play good to survive till the end. You ay good and solvy, scum NK you, you play bad to get saved from scum, you get lynched.

Ahh... What do you think of me? And yo tan Wa?

So only a few of those are even game moving questions. Such as asking reads for herself and Yo Tan. It';s friendly banter, which I am a fan of, but it's not useful. Then you factor in the obsession with the set up. That's a lot of talk about something we can't really decide or know about. It almost always boils down to the same idea of 3/4 Mafia and maybe 1 indie. It doesn't need us to break down individual character personalities in the factions—that does not currently affect us. Drago pointed out to me in past games it's how scum pretends to be contributing.

Role madness? Could be.

Gut feeling 1.0

One scum in Nat/Zara
Probably just vote to gain reaction from me. I remember she sus Natalija/Zara based on gut feeling. Probably because of their interaction on page 1.

I find myself agreeing with Neutral here. If you sus them / have a gut feeling, that's already a bit of pressure. Why wouldn't you continue to vote for them to keep it pressing? Diverting off to NW doesn't make sense, it's casting a wide net and catching nothing because your "primary sus" are now ignored by you.

Reborn
Gambit
Tac
Zara
Queen

Poison
Neutral

Rest Neutral for nw. I am going to Bed nw.
Slightly positive of Yo Tan, cause he's willing to give his reads and put his ideas out there. Meaning he's ready for scrutiny and arguments.

I can be 👀

Tos, tac saw me in action

Tbh that doesn't translate well over here and I never knew who you were in-game lmfao. So it's moot.

Not gonna lie im not the biggest fan of the “queen is very quiet 🙊🙊🙊 at the beginning of every game so let’s allow her to get away with it for the first few phases”

not only am i saying this out of pure jealously, but if queen’s scum then she gets a free pass. At the very least can the cop pay her a visit?

:lusalty:

Make her talk. It's her meta but you can change it by @'ing her and interacting with her. No one is stopping you.
[/quote]

This wasn't worth the effort lmfao. Don't expect another recap like this near the end of the day phase @Natalija.

What is miller again?
Miler is someone who is default guilty/suspicious when investigated but is actually a townie.

Last edited:
Okay. Read pretty much everything. Think I skipped a Light/Fuji post there because it seemed disconnected from the game with the time thing.

My reads of active players below. I didn't include some who aren't really active. Only those who posted a few times.

Town:

Fuji — Not only did he come out aggressive and demanding reads, but he made mistakes. Scum is way more calculated, whereas Fuji's mistaking players early on and isn't keeping his attention on any single player. He's snooping around. It reminds me of Reborn in its tenacity and annoying nature.

NeutralWatcher — He's pretty straight forward as a townie. Isn't saying much but has tried to stay on topic the entire game. Off his meta, I'm saying he's leaning town.

Natalija — ..Looking at her posts, she hasn't done much lmfao. She put up a few posts that were decent but she feels a little void post wise. But the tone of her post and style leaves me to believe she's town. I think I can read her pretty well.

The Long List of Slightly Active Neutrals:

Zara — Has a better chance of being town but reviewing his posts in large he hasn't done much. A little scuffle with Fuji over Fuji town leading, which I do sorta appreciate but nothing of note to push him further in either category. I still have a good-ish feeling about him though.
Queen
Tris
Light
Reborn

Yo Tan

Kiwi — Miller. Enough said, should always be somewhat wary of her until something happens.

Lean Scum

Rayan — His arguments with Fuji didn't amount to anything. He just insulted Fuji's picks / opinions on town but I don't recall seeing Rayan put anything of value in place or discuss anything. He popped in for that, and that's is. Pointless argument.
Gambit — Feels like he's blowing up my commentary about Zara or Queen into something way too large and nitpicking. I think my thoughts are clear on his posts. Paper thin and substanceless.
Mel — She's all fluff and some misunderstood points. Specifically at me, I recall her trying to "get me" when I took the ⅃ claim seriously. Overall gives me a negative feeling.
Poison — So, pleasant person to converse with. She seems nice. She has talked a lot and said literally nothing. She obsesses over game rules, then asks pretty benign questions that doesn't advance the game or gleam info from people. She's just floating around. My memory of her posts were of Poison being active and talking/questioning, so I didn't bother to think negatively of her.

I'd be happiest with a Poison lynch right now.
Unvote
Vote lynch Poison @Rej @Noctis

So only a few of those are even game moving questions. Such as asking reads for herself and Yo Tan. It';s friendly banter, which I am a fan of, but it's not useful. Then you factor in the obsession with the set up. That's a lot of talk about something we can't really decide or know about. It almost always boils down to the same idea of 3/4 Mafia and maybe 1 indie. It doesn't need us to break down individual character personalities in the factions—that does not currently affect us. Drago pointed out to me in past games it's how scum pretends to be contributing.

I find myself agreeing with Neutral here. If you sus them / have a gut feeling, that's already a bit of pressure. Why wouldn't you continue to vote for them to keep it pressing? Diverting off to NW doesn't make sense, it's casting a wide net and catching nothing because your "primary sus" are now ignored by you.

Slightly positive of Yo Tan, cause he's willing to give his reads and put his ideas out there. Meaning he's ready for scrutiny and arguments.

Tbh that doesn't translate well over here and I never knew who you were in-game lmfao. So it's moot.

Make her talk. It's her meta but you can change it by @'ing her and interacting with her. No one is stopping you.

This wasn't worth the effort lmfao. Don't expect another recap like this near the end of the day phase @Natalija.

Miler is someone who is default guilty/suspicious when investigated but is actually a townie.[/QUOTE]
Good read, and yes scum will pretend to be helping by saying stuff with little substance to them but appears helpful. It’s basically padding.
I still don’t know what miller means tho.

Just read the last part. I’ve never seen a townie being sus in tos, is that a thing?

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Miler is someone who is default guilty/suspicious when investigated but is actually a townie.
Good read, and yes scum will pretend to be helping by saying stuff with little substance to them but appears helpful. It’s basically padding.
I still don’t know what miller means tho.[/QUOTE]
A miller is someone whose role has a passive ability that makes them come up suspicious when investigated.

So, if any TI looks at Kiwi, they will always get scum for her. Even though Millers are townies who just get that result. It could mean Kiwi is genuinely a miller, a townie. Or a scum hiding as a miller.

I still don’t know what miller means tho.
A miller is someone whose role has a passive ability that makes them come up suspicious when investigated.

So, if any TI looks at Kiwi, they will always get scum for her. Even though Millers are townies who just get that result. It could mean Kiwi is genuinely a miller, a townie. Or a scum hiding as a miller.[/QUOTE]
If you are a Miller, there are two schools of thought about optimal play:

The first school of thought is that you should claim immediately, ideally in your opening post. This ensures that the Cop will not waste an investigation on you. It becomes more likely that you will be eliminated or shot by a Vigilante, however; otherwise, it would be too easy for Mafia to fakeclaim Miller as well. This is by far the most common way to play the role on mafiascum.net.

The second school of thought is that you should not claim, but should play in such a way as to not get investigated; ideally, you would get yourself killed at Night. If investigated, however, you should expect to get eliminated.

I might've missed it
@Natalija but was kiwi acting in a sus way or garnering attention before she claimed miller?

She strikes me as an experienced player and idk if experienced players would go with the day 1 milller claim? Do they? Only person i saw do that in my mafia games here was krog i think in the turbo game, and i didnt know what the term meant back then just assumed it was a town role.

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
About Gambit, in my first mafia game which is almost a year ago, Gambit was scum and I was a townie. And he built a really long case on me D1 that was opportunistic, and well, I've never played with town Gambit but I'm just looking at the way he is building his case on TAC, it's kinda reminding me of back then.

First, I feel like he started off by going after Poison and TAC.
He asks Poison if her off-handed comment about Ryuk was to try and convince town later:
It's interesting you brought this one up. By any chance, are you setting up Ryuk to be a non-mafia character to save it for the later?
He also accused her of parroting when she explained what she thought about the game set up.
So you'd think that he doesn't want to hear anyone else's ideas about game set ups or something but then he asks Mel later what she thinks about the set up.....
Aside from loving an indie role, what can you say about the setup of the game? Any thoughts so far?
So that felt a bit weird to me. Moreover, he also went after TAC by saying that he felt like he was pushing a weak case on Zara. I think that's a valid opinion, but what I didn't really like was that he asked what other people thought about the exchange.
That's a weak case to bring upon Zara by TAC.
TAC followed up my negative point on Zara for being too concerned about pushing the game forward by deducting -2 points from her for being "so-call dumb about the setup". We call that lowkey sheeping.

Who do you think is more townie in that exchange?
The posts that followed that question immediately suggested that people sussed TAC more than Zara.
Cute. What do you think of TAC?
I think Zara looks more town.
And immediately afterwards, Gambit casts a vote on TAC.
Vote lynch TAC @Noctis
This is the part that feels unnatural to me. It feels like he asked the question to others to see what other people's opinions are and to test the waters to know what reactions will get once he casts the lynch vote. The reason being, none of those posts raised a point about why Zara is more town than TAC or why they think TAC is more scummy, yet that was enough to be the final straw for Gambit to cast his lynch vote. That's why to me, that question seems more like he is trying to see if town would find him suspicious for voting TAC.

And yes, Mel pointed this out:
@Gambit was the Zara/TAC exchange what made you vote for TAC or is there something more?
So Gambit (who I think was originally planning to leave the vote on TAC and not explain further), comes back with a longer post about why he thinks TAC is scum.

In this post, you were accusing Zara of being dumb by asking the possibility of names being used to being killed. This alone will not warrant a tunnel on him but here ----

--- you welcomed the possibility of the same thought.

These posts seemed like you're setting him up for possible tunneling, and there's no ground for you to do that at that point because he hadn't than anything scummy yet after he said this.

And if you're saying that playing dumb was your case, then I don't see the dumb part of him linking the mechanics of the game to the previous ones you've played. For me, he was just trying to understand the game and the connection of the manga itself to the game roles and mechanics.

Here you trailed my post about demeriting Zara for telling us to play the game when he himself didn't do anything yet. Yes, Zara was scummy with that post (above) but you sheeping on that was an indicator, too. It's like, you are prepared to pass a notion that Zara has to be lynched if in case you found someone who will put suspicion on him.

And when I tell Poison that it could've been a scummy remark, you said that ---

Yes you had the observation but your observation is weak and has no grounds to even put up a case against him. Contrary to what you just said.

:seriously: You suspect him but not really?

I am not comfortable with these kinda posts because it allows the other players to be misled by you and it's an act deception and borderline fallacy. You are trying to inculcate an idea that you were being scummy and allow them to use that as meta to read you this game. Seems like you're setting up yourself in a position where you can be viewed as town regardless of what type you post.

And then here, I don't view Queen yet leaning town but it's pretty much like you are either defending him or trying to pocket him.

So there is my observation on you and I won't say that I am not viewing you as scum because I already prepared this against you. So right now, between you and Zara, I find you more suspicious than him.
I feel like the order which this case was built doesn't sit very well with me. I remember back in ToS game, Drago who was mafia did something like this too, cast vote then come back later to follow up with a long post that breaks it down just to have his bases covered and make the case look legit.

And then even later Gambit going after TAC just feels more like tunnelling and nitpicking. I'm not gonna quote because this is turning into a wallie that everyone will scroll past but I don't really like Gambit's read progression. It didn't feel natural to me. It feels more like scum looking for a target than town scum hunting.

oh I forgot

Vote Lynch Gambit @Noctis @Rej

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
The reason being, none of those posts raised a point about why Zara is more town than TAC or why they think TAC is more scummy, yet that was enough to be the final straw for Gambit to cast his lynch vote.

Unvote
Vote lynch Gambit @Rej @Noctis

That's actually a really good point. He was feeling the room to see who sided with whom before going after me. Then plenty of his reasonins, like I said, were pretty paper thin and shitty.

W T F
TAC I’ve never seen you put in so much effort in a game before. You trying to sound extra townie? It only made you more suspicious in my book :catrude:
Well I’m glad you picked up on my joke. xxxx

Yup, I haven’t done anything. But there is not much to go on, and there’s time so I will just sit back and relaxxxx.

What makes you so sure you can read me well? :doffytroll:
You’re being way too friendly with me for my taste, you should be shot :catsweat:

No, I won’t expect a recap like this, I’m already shocked enough with your effort as it is.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
TAC I’ve never seen you put in so much effort in a game before. You trying to sound extra townie? It only made you more suspicious in my book :catrude:
Lmao. I can never win with you.
What makes you so sure you can read me well? :doffytroll:
I guess this'll be a field test if I can. You act like town Nat, I was gonna push you last game for the same behavior. Going off that I'm giving you my trust.

Really though- How do you feel about my reads and Kiwi's post above? She's onto something.

@Fujishiro she claimed right away just like a miller should, but for the third time - scum can also claim this early on and just become friendly with town under the radar.
Lmao. I can never win with you.

I guess this'll be a field test if I can. You act like town Nat, I was gonna push you last game for the same behavior. Going off that I'm giving you my trust.

Really though- How do you feel about my reads and Kiwi's post above? She's onto something.
Ok. Let’s see about that test. :catpole:

Gambit - paper thin theory. He was hardly “pushing a case” on you when it was tinfoil and no one was buying it. I’ve said this about him before - I really doubt he’s this obvious/bad scum. Remember last game? Here he put in way more effort - which might be a giveaway, but frankly I don’t see mafia wanting all this attention this early. If he is, I’ll be really disappointed :’)

Your reads - you town cleared NW, me and Fuji too easily. Fuji can maybe slide because he made x mistakes so obviously he’s just typing stuff to type it.

The rest you just basically mirrored who I said is suspicious? You defended Poison to me an hour ago, then changed your opinion by 180 degrees?

@Fujishiro she claimed right away just like a miller should, but for the third time - scum can also claim this early on and just become friendly with town under the radar.

Ok. Let’s see about that test. :catpole:

Gambit - paper thin theory. He was hardly “pushing a case” on you when it was tinfoil and no one was buying it. I’ve said this about him before - I really doubt he’s this obvious/bad scum. Remember last game? Here he put in way more effort - which might be a giveaway, but frankly I don’t see mafia wanting all this attention this early. If he is, I’ll be really disappointed :’)

Your reads - you town cleared NW, me and Fuji too easily. Fuji can maybe slide because he made x mistakes so obviously he’s just typing stuff to type it.

The rest you just basically mirrored who I said is suspicious? You defended Poison to me an hour ago, then changed your opinion by 180 degrees?
Yes, I posted the wiki way to play miller hence my question.
What other mistake I made besides conflating what’s been said about the death note and you saying we should claim?
Don’t bring up me mistaking rayan for yo tan wa cause it doesnt change the point so what other mistakes did I make?

I meant we shouldn’t claim*

Last edited:
Yes, I posted the wiki way to play miller hence my question.
What other mistake I made besides conflating what’s been said about the death note and you saying we should claim?
Don’t bring up me mistaking rayan for yo tan wa cause it doesnt change the point so what other mistakes did I make?
Me saying we should NEVER claim (lol you just made a new one).

A lot, can’t be bothered to write - it’s all in the thread already.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Lmao. I was asking in game thoughts Nat not for you to grade this.

Strong disagree on Gambit. He seems tunneled into me and like Kiwi pointed out, was encouraged to vote me off the opinions of others. And tbh, I'm a relatively easy lynch and let's not pretend otherwise.

I could probs move you, though I'm assuming based on your meta you're townie. Fuji's 100% townie. He's too hyped up, too aggressive, willing to give reads and willing to act. I can go into further detail but I don't think that's necessary. Scum NW also posts more and typically is more leading. In the shitty cats game, he was far more interested in discussing whereas current NW maintains his usual steady but mellow speeds.

Yeah, I looked back on Poison and found her to be sus for 1) focusing so much on game mechanics and 2) her vote on NW over the people she publicly sussed. Didn't make sense to me. Whereas Mel feels dishonest based on the limited interactions we had, mostly pertaining to fake L.

Me saying we should NEVER claim (lol you just made a new one).

A lot, can’t be bothered to write - it’s all in the thread already.
A spelling mistake isn’t a slip/or judgment error. I’m on my phone so autocorrect happens.
You say there is a lot but those are the only two I remember.
Don’t make me up into someone who makes lots of mistakes.
I don’t like this idea that you are trying to push that I’m making mistakes, I’m not saying you are doing it personally but scum might use that to discredit me down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.