Future Events Who Will Defeat King?

Who defeats King?

• Total voters
I think Marco will be used to hype King ( say a clash , words or probably King outplaying him in some sense ).

Thanks to his DF Marco is a punching bag that will recover for another round fastly so the author will use him.

After King gets a portrayal I view Zoro fighting and defeating him.

Btw the point that some already brought has a lot of sense , Marco fighting King in a full fledged fight has no relevance whatsoever .

Marco portrayal was stablished in marineford when he faced admirals so I heavily doubt defeating another YC1 will be able to top that ( heck the author would need to place King close to the admiral if he wants to improve Marco portrayal ) so there's no need to prove Marco strength .

Besides that ...such fight would be so bad for us cuz both will be heavily offpaneled ( with King character suffering the most...only way gets a full panel fight is with someone of the main cast) .

I personally feel Marco is going to be fighting Weevil and will end up being hype for the later.
Marco fighting against Kaidou makes sense, but I'm not a fan personally. I think there's significance in the young gen taking out the yonkou themselves particularly with Blackbeard's speech about the young generation etc. Also can't help but feel that Marco joining in on the fight takes too much of the focus off the youngins. With the exception of Luffy and even that is debatable imo, Marco is the most prominent figure on the alliance side atm. So he's defo gonna outshine the likes of Law, Kidd etc. if he's allowed to get a crack at Kaidou not sure if you get what I'm tryna say...lolz

I can defo see King clashing with Marco given the similarities between their fighting styles and devil fruit but there's no sense in Marco beating King imo.
If Weevil shows up here and we get a whole "Rocks" alliance, then fuck yes, let Marco take him on.

S

SinOfGreed

about King being a bad matchup for marco because he uses a sword. Look at the bottom right panel. It seems as if Marco is actually skilled at swordsmanship as well.
I'm just saying, if Marco was so skilled at swordsmanship, why wasn't utilising it at the most important fight his crew ever had? I mean they literally went to war with the Navy to rescue their nakama and he displayed no proficiency with a sword.

Sanji has used cooking knives before and Luffy had Nidai Kitetsu at the start of Wano. Pitch either of them against Zoro with those weapons and he'd annihilate them.

It's clear Oda is pushing Marco as a melee fighter and not a sword fighter.
:kayneshrug:

I'm just saying, if Marco was so skilled at swordsmanship, why wasn't utilising it at the most important fight his crew ever had? I mean they literally went to war with the Navy to rescue their nakama and he displayed no proficiency with a sword.

Sanji has used cooking knives before and Luffy had Nidai Kitetsu at the start of Wano. Pitch either of them against Zoro with those weapons and he'd annihilate them.

nobody give a shit about sword when you are a phoenix fighting a flaming pteranodon

S

SinOfGreed

nobody give a shit about sword when you are a flaming pteranodon fighting a phoenix
You'll use whatever you can to your advantage. King is confirmed to be a swordsman in One Piece magazine volume 6. Why would he not use his main weapon against someone as strong as Marco?

You're assuming King's fighting style based on what he did to the BMP. He didn't need a sword to knock their ship off the waterfall. We haven't seen how he actually fights against a really strong foe, but it seems he uses his sword in actual combat based on what he did to Raizo.

I'm not saying its necessarily his main style, but he could use it if he needed to. I don't think it is anything like Luffy with the nidai. Luffy used the nidai as a prop. I dont think Oda would draw marco with a sword unless he could actually use it.

You'll use whatever you can to your advantage. King is confirmed to be a swordsman in One Piece magazine volume 6. Why would he not use his main weapon against someone as strong as Marco?

You're assuming King's fighting style based on what he did to the BMP. He didn't need a sword to knock their ship off the waterfall. We haven't seen how he actually fights against a really strong foe, but it seems he uses his sword in actual combat based on what he did to Raizo.
you are also asuming marco not having a sword would makes him more hesitant towards engaging king

Marco is here because there are two S class enemies and they don't have any allies above A level (Luffy so far). The enemies have a good number of like , B~D tiers so I don't think any of the unnamed and obscure allies will be worth a damn here. Without a Marco on the battlefield it's hard to see them making it in good condition to face those monsters and even then they'll need more contribution to the final battle.

Zoro has nothing else to really do. He can whittle down the fodder and chip in on an emperor, but that means this arc doesn't make any progress on his goal. If chipping at Kaido was a real achievement then Enma would already be black. Beating King alone sets Zoro up at A class while fighting the emperors prepares Luffy for S class

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
It depends what you take from Marco and King kicking the BMPs away. Was Oda trying to draw parallels between Marco and King, or was Oda just giving Marco a cool entrance while serving as a running gag and means to keep the BMPs out of the war? Because you can argue for both reasons.

Right now, I don't find those mirrored actions compelling enough to suggest King's and Marco's fight to be decisive.

What's glaring about King is that he is a swordsman along with being a flying combatant. And as it stands, King being a swordsman is far more relevant to Zoro than being a flying enemy is for Marco. Marco's never expressed a desire to be the world's best flyer.

Marco has had far less narrative relevance on Wano. He played an incidental background role during Oden's flashback, where the focus was more on his captain and Oden. His arrival is very late in the arc, lacking in the focus someone like Zoro has received in spades. Though Zoro's focus has, admittedly, leaned more towards Kaido and Orochi, but that still leads him toward a confrontation with King. Kaido and Orochi are King's boss and associate respectively.

Let's consider what other reason Marco might have in Wano. The first time we see Marco post-timeskip, he was healing someone.

Characters have stressed the importance on not taking damage before the big battle throughout the Wano arc. All mostly in vain, as it's clear they won't be able to avoid conflict before reaching Kaido.

Marco is the perfect solution to this problem, for unlike Chopper or other medical experts, he can soar through the battlefield and heal members of the Alliance that need a patch up. He might have a more utilitarian role than we think.

Marco would allow for Zoro and even Luffy to have big battles before Kaido, as Marco can heal them after their 1v1s then help fight Kaido without too much trouble. So in essence, Marco can solve the dilemma of Zoro fighting King and participating against Kaido.

King has had a minimal presence in Wano. Is he really being saved for a tertiary character who's notable role could be to heal the Alliance? He's clearly being saved for something meatier, and fighting a protagonist is more likely to provide King with the screen time he presently lacks.

If anything, Marco and King clashing might serve as a perfect set up for Zoro and King to fight. Zoro would recognize how vital Marco is for the Alliance's victory. He would volunteer to hold off King while Marco continues to heal the injured.

Last point, and it contrasts with Marco's supportive role. During his conversation with Gyukimaru, it was said that Shusui became a black blade through its long history of battles with Ryuma.

Zoro has been portended to turn Enma into a black blade. A condition that can only partly be met through many battles. Zoro's fight count up t'ill now this arc has been pretty robust, but the war on Onigashima and beyond are where the real battles begin. If Zoro is to turn one of his swords black, now is the perfect opportunity to lead towards it. He's geared for a combat centric role this arc. He reads as more appropriate in receiving a solid 1v1 than Marco does.

Bonus Round

Another potential opponent for Zoro besides King is Who's Who. A member of the Flying 6, and possibly their strongest member. He was directly in the vicinity of Zoro, and he did....nothing.

If Zoro was destined to fight Who's Who, this was the perfect opportunity to sow some seeds. Instead, Oda lays more groundwork for another conflict. One between Who's Who and Queen, apparently.

This effectively distances him from Zoro from a narrative standpoint.

Last edited:
king vs marco seems nice. since they re perfectly equal in term of ability and apperance. but it will took prolly a lot times for them to settled since they are likely equal and they are also durable asf.

when Zoro himself say he will going to F orochi and avenge what he did to Yasu but his fans keep force him to fight king...i remember the fans keep say that zoro will fight shogun before shogun revelation chapter lol. denial phase eh.

Last edited:
S

SinOfGreed

king vs marco seems nice. since they re perfectly equal in term of ability and apperance. but it will took prolly a lot times for them to settled since they are likely equal and they are also durable asf.

when Zoro himself say he will going to F orochi and avenge what he did to Yasu but his fans keep force him to fight king...i remember the fans keep say that zoro will fight shogun before shogun revelation chapter lol. denial phase eh.
What would fighting Orochi do for Zoro? We all know he can beat him, that much was clear when he launched a flying slash at Orochi and the Orochi shat himself.

Plus, there are people more deserving of fighting Orochi than Zoro like the Red Scabbards.

Zoro will either fight King or be in the teamfight against Kaido (Supernovas vs Kaido)

What would fighting Orochi do for Zoro? We all know he can beat him, that much was clear when he launched a flying slash at Orochi and the Orochi shat himself.

Plus, there are people more deserving of fighting Orochi than Zoro like the Red Scabbards.

Zoro will either fight King or be in the teamfight against Kaido (Supernovas vs Kaido)
if you want to know why. ask zoro why. he is the one who wants to revenge.

S

SinOfGreed

if you want to know why. ask zoro why. he is the one who wants to revenge.
So you think Zoro deserves to kill Orochi over the Scabbards, Hiyori, Momo etc?

Zoro fighting Orochi would be exactly like his fights against Pica, Monet etc. 1 sided bullying that doesn't push him at all. We are entering endgame and Zoro needs to fight strong foes now.

Plus narratively, as I've said before, there are character much more deserving to kill Orochi than Zoro.

I'm just gonna keep flip flopping lol.

Zoro vs. King just sounds better on paper. But I'd rather Kid fight Queen. It seems the battle is just better set up for them to fight. Hell, I'd rather Killer take on Who's Who then. Both Kid and Killer can show Queen and Who's Who the power of friendship lmao (I'm serious).

This would kill Sanji fans though, unless he's poised to fight Perospero or Snack or something high level. Sasaki could be good too, or X Drake. Idk

I'm just glad Zoro vs WsW is looking more and more unlikely. I think it's more likely that WsW fights Queen or something. Infighting would further shift the odds into the favour of the alliance.
Either that or we give some other worst gen pirates the ability to help, like the SHF did at Dressrosa. If Law, Cavendish, Barto, Hadjrudin, Leo, Sai, etc all got major fights there, it's only fair that Kid, Killer, Hawkins, Apoo and Drake (and probably Law again) get something signficant as well this arc. It's very likely that either they will fight on the bad side (Apoo/Drake at least, Hawkins looks like he may switch sides tbh) or they all betray Kaido before the fighting starts.

We have enough powerhouses to go around, so I don't think the Beasts Pirates need more betrayal except for the 3 supernova in his crew already. The Scabbards all seem to be moderately powerful, and we can predict a few fights here or there definitely too.

This whole thing is gonna be chaos, but we do need the BM children to help offset the number of protagonists in this arc.