Powers & Abilities Is all Kidd going to do is just pile metals on top of each other against 2 yonkos ???

But this thread is about strength. Right? So telling me “he has CoC” so you know, he’ll do something strength wise is weird. It’s correlation vs Causation. Let me give an example.

At the start of Wano (during the OJ days) I said Zoro will be the second most important person directly against Kaido himself along with Luffy. And I used arguments based on both correlation and causation. When arguing about correlation I said stuff like the theme. Among other things. This samurai theme already means Zoro has extra story importance. Like how CoC means you have extra story importance.
Everybody on that roof has his own reason to be there and Oda made sure to make it clear:
- Luffy, captain of the SH Pirates, got on the nerves of both Kaido and Big Mom since he entered the NW, destroying the former business and trying to assassinate the 2nd.
- Kidd, captain of the Kidd Pirates, 2 years of havoc in the NW, invaded Big Mom's territory, refused to submit in front of Kaido and fought him, has been imprisoned and got his crew blackmailed and forced to work under Kaido.
- Law, the mastermind who started all the shit with Kaido since PH, was fundamental for taking down Doflamingo, is allied with Luffy
- Zoro, Luffy's first mate, was an important factor in DR siege. Connected with Wano citizens. Carries Oden's sword which gave Kaido the only scar he has.
- Killer, Kidd's first mate, refused to submit with Kidd, was the one who suffered personally the most cause of Kaido, being blackmailed to work as an assassin and feed with a SMILE.

All of them have something to deal with Kaido

Then when arguing about causation I had to give actual feasible proof to show Zoro could compete then I said he’s not even going all out yet. Implying Ashura of course among other things. I made this theory around chapter 915 before everything else that further cemented Zoro vs kaido happened.
Man I'm in since chapter 795 when Kaido beated the shit out of Eustass "Captain" Kidd

Now, you are arguing correlation. He has CoC so story importance puts him here. People are asking for a way he can do shit, you are arguing the story has importance on him so he MUST do something. No. Not at all.

WCI had a story importance on Sanji based on the very theme of the arc the same way the theme of Wano put Zoro up there. But that’s all correlation. Sanji doesn’t get a random power up to fight Katakuri or Big mom just because the story is placing importance on him.

so to answer your question, Kid has CoC because the story is saying he is important for something. That doesn’t mean he’s strong. I read a theory that Kid is there to witness how much Luffy is better than him so that he can do something that extremely petty and evil later on in the story. Done. That’s full story importance without Kid being as strong as Luffy.
This makes sense, but this 'important thing' could be happening here and you're excluding it from the start

That’s not my theory but it IS A theory. The person who made that theory is like you and me. We all agree Kid has to have story significance but that guy is different from both of us. Me and you believe that Kid would have a power related story significance while that other person believed he would have a character related story significance.

but now I don’t know. From the very beginning I was of the mind that Kod would have such powerful magnetism that he could disarm the yonko (maybe he will do that later on) but now I’m doubting it. I haven’t completely converted to the other person’s side who thinks Kid will have character development or anything. But right now, the more I see him NOT disarming the yonko, the more I’m also lost.
He can have both without any problem, he's actually built to do so.
I never considered the possibility of Kidd disarming the Emperors (maybe it will happen but I don't mind it tbh), but I can tell you that giant sword is a peculiar business... I have some thoughts on that since we entered Onigashima... I'm not going to explain that into details but my money are there.

In conclusion I don’t know, but what I do know is that CoC doesn’t mean shit power wise.
I'm just saying that it doesn't count that much as of now, we'll get to it.
Oda focused on CoO first, now he's closing CoA, next is CoC (which will probably be centred in some Shanks business).
Everything has always pointed at CoC being the most important and rare form of Haki... I'm just thinking ahead

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Oda focused on CoO first, now he's closing CoA, next is CoC (which will probably be centred in some Shanks business).
Everything has always pointed at CoC being the most important and rare form of Haki... I'm just thinking ahead
even IF this is true
this will just be for luffy not kidd
just like fs was for luffy not kidd
and ryou was for luffy not kidd

@rerere
@Pantheos
Why do these people do this to themselves? You got dumbasses in here saying Kidd is Daifuku level lmfao. Save the thread and move on. Trust me, you’ll have your time to laugh at them. Another circlejerk Kidd hate thread, nothing new idk why you are still wasting your time on these people lol. Anyone with a brain knows that Oda will give Kidd incredible hype in this arc (CoC, portrayal, future arc relevance, ect). But whatever most people here have the memory of a goldfish, so they can only base their takes on the latest couple of chapters and then switch up when their head canon gets busted. It’s the same way Apoo was getting so hyped because of a couple of chapters and the same way idiots think Killer is stronger or equal to Kidd now.

HA001

@rerere
@Pantheos
Why do these people do this to themselves? You got dumbasses in here saying Kidd is Daifuku level lmfao. Save the thread and move on. Trust me, you’ll have your time to laugh at them. Another circlejerk Kidd hate thread, nothing new idk why you are still wasting your time on these people lol. Anyone with a brain knows that Oda will give Kidd incredible hype in this arc (CoC, portrayal, future arc relevance, ect). But whatever most people here have the memory of a goldfish, so they can only base their takes on the latest couple of chapters and then switch up when their head canon gets busted. It’s the same way Apoo was getting so hyped because of a couple of chapters and the same way idiots think Killer is stronger or equal to Kidd now.
Actually and ive always said this, no where in the manga is it shown kidd is levels above killer
even giving kidd the captain benefit all the manga shows is they are close in power
theyve had the same fights
oda always keeps them together
they even had a chapter dedicated to the pair of them called partner

Actually and ive always said this, no where in the manga is it shown kidd is levels above killer
even giving kidd the captain benefit all the manga shows is they are close in power
Cause when we talk about Captain-First Mates like Shanks-Beckman, Luffy-Zoro, Kidd-Killer, they're always pretty comparable but the Captain has the edge.
I love their duo cause they're partners as you said, but I also acknowledge that Kidd is the Captain, the pack leader, just like Luffy is

HA001

Cause when we talk about Captain-First Mates like Shanks-Beckman, Luffy-Zoro, Kidd-Killer, they're always pretty comparable but the Captain has the edge.
I love their duo cause they're partners as you said, but I also acknowledge that Kidd is the Captain, the pack leader, just like Luffy is
easy to say now killers showing out
but i was saying that for time when people constantly had kidd 2 or 3 levels above him

True. But there are people saying Killer is stronger or equal to Kidd simply because of the one chapter where Killer uses Scyther Sonic. Those people were who i was mainly referring to.

This makes sense, but this 'important thing' could be happening here and you're excluding it from the start

He can have both without any problem, he's actually built to do so.
I never considered the possibility of Kidd disarming the Emperors (maybe it will happen but I don't mind it tbh), but I can tell you that giant sword is a peculiar business... I have some thoughts on that since we entered Onigashima... I'm not going to explain that into details but my money are there.

Well there you have it. You are “thinking ahead”

Yet at the same time you are saying I shouldn’t think of the “Important thing” happening later but now

see You are caught in between. You are saying surely something is going to happen right now with Kid that I shouldn’t overlook, but then your basis for this is that he has CoC that you are saying will matter LATER so not now

again, that giant sword doesn’t matter outside of its visual flare. It’s so visually striking that probably everyone immediately assumed Kid would lift it. But it won’t do anything in combat.

Do you know my theory for the Giant sword? My theory was that it was going to be used to Lift the island. From the start I was pretty sure Kid would lift it but also from the start I was sure that it can’t contribute in actual combat. It’s too big and too slow and too weak since metals are easily destroyed in one piece. So when Kaido lifted Onigashima it became obvious what the Sword is for

Law Luffy and Kid are going to team up to stop Onigashima from falling onto Wano. Yes, I know Kid wouldn’t help save civilians but that’s where that character development we were talking about comes in.

the literal best thing Kid can do combat wise is disarm the yonko and Oda will never make him that strong apparently. So Kid will lift the sword and it will be impressive as fuck and it will look amazing in a double page spread and it WILL DO NOTHING to the yonko obviously. Then much later on Kid will use the sword to lift a whole island (with law and Luffy) and that will be his big contribution

No, he shouldn't be able to remove their weapons from them. That would be ridiculous as they are two of the most physically powerful characters in the entire series.

And even if Kid, in theory, should be able to use his magnetism to at least slow down Kaido and Big Mom's attacks, you seem to forget that he can't because three of his allies are using metallic weapons as well. There is no way Kid can use magnetism that powerful in this situation, without effecting Zoro, Killer, and Law. He's here to help win this battle, not hinder three of the people fighting alongside him.
So you can pick the target to use CoC on, but as for magnetism, nope, too much? :gokulaugh: