General & Others Is there any better manga than One Piece?

Is there any better manga than One Piece?

• NOPE

• YES, it's... (comment pls)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fully agreed.

Crazy thing is that the art is sometimes really good and sometimes just butt-ugly :catblush:

I personally value a great story more highly than some shaky artstyle here and there, so for me it's not a huge deal. I see why some manga fans, who value great artstyle, are turned off by some chapters though.
It's not even "art style." JoJo has art style issues. People end up liking the awkward figures but that still doesn't make it technically good for storytelling purposes.

HxH doesn't even look like it's from the same anthology. I feel for the guy if he's been sick for decades but it's almost disrespectful to compare.

I get why people praise Kingdom, I even understand why they place it above Berserk, the author seems more reasonable, artwork is kinda similar, setting is also similar to golden age berserk, if one is a fan of military fiction + politics, then I guess they'd like Kingdom better.

But Berserk is a tier above it, at least. Berserk's genuine visceral horror combined with its esoteric elements makes for a more interesting read.

Berserk is like a gateway into a man's deepest passions & its connection to the demonic, while Kingdom is very good at telling a heroic tale that's complemented by ancient/medieval warfare.
Imo there is an arc in Berserk, The Eclipse, which is the pinnacle of a manga arc. The best manga arc ever. Nothing can ever top that. Not Chimera Arc, not Enies Lobby, nothing.
Post automatically merged:

The best bit about Bastard is it is genuinely unpredictable. Most manga/manhwa have an element of predictability. Yet in bastard every twist and turn is completely and genuinely unexpected - it's unique in this sense.

Johann is the best villain in Manga history aside from Griffith IMO

That's why Berserk is No. 2 for me, because it does lull in quality in some arcs. Vagabond however? I can't fault it. Every panel matters.

Kingdom isn't purely focusing on tactics and strategem though, but when it does, it does it very well. Ou Sen's locust refugee swarm? Dude, that shit is incredible! It's more of a manga about military flexibility. It relieves itself of the emphasis being solely on strategem due to Shins storyline and the existence of the instinctual type commander. I'll definitely give it a read though, thanks!
I agree about Vagabond, especially in the aspect of storytelling. It's a new level of art of storytelling. Can Inoue Sensei just put an end of it already, though?

It's not even "art style." JoJo has art style issues. People end up liking the awkward figures but that still doesn't make it technically good for storytelling purposes.

HxH doesn't even look like it's from the same anthology. I feel for the guy if he's been sick for decades but it's almost disrespectful to compare.
In some chapters I would definitely agree. But there are also many chapters that are done nicely from an artistic standpoint.
So yes, in that aspect (artwork) I would prefer OP. Much more consistent here.

Overall it's HxH for me though and I've outlined on page one of this thread, why that's the case.

not that I have read ... here is two stories that COULD BE above One piece if they were always on their A game

- Hunter Hunter
- Berserk

I haven't seen FMA ... god knows why ... if hype be real ... maybe??? doubt it

maybe Kingdom can do it as well

problem is ... we can't judge an unfinished story

We can't judge unfinished pages lol

In some chapters I would definitely agree. But there are also many chapters that are done nicely from an artistic standpoint.
So yes, in that aspect (artwork) I would prefer OP. Much more consistent here.

Overall it's HxH for me though and I've outlined on page one of this thread, why that's the case.
Oh I hear ya. In the US OP didn't really catch on from the gate. All these Naruto folks are just now overcoming the art style adjustment. BUT that's also because the series looks a lot better now. We've seen all these creators raise the collective bar in their work. So when we talk about surpassing what may go down as the shonen goat it's just hard to not clown HxH

Last edited:
The end of Tower of God's 2nd season, Tower of God's current arc and UnOrdinary at its peak were some of the best things I've ever read.

UnOrdinary reached a peak and has been on a decline since this season started but Tower of God only goes from strength to strength imo. The author SIU has built the world similarly to One Piece in that we're so far in and yet still have so many questions, theories and so many characters yet to be revealed that can fuck shit up.

In One Piece there are like 10 top tiers but in ToG there are like 10 god tiers and 100+ top tiers, and the battle writing and art are phenomenal. Very HxH-esque in terms of the power structure. The abundance of top tiers means it's piss-easy for SIU to add hype by dropping another top tier into the mix and rarely does he ever write himself into a corner. He's established an entirely separate world outside of the tower too so theoretically he can keep writing as long as he wants, similar to the Dark Continent in HxH.

And the MC is basically a black hole for power so he can be as BS as he wants with him and you can't really argue with it - lowkey Saitama vibes. Dude's got it made lmao. The art in the 1st season was shit but the story was okay, the 2nd season dragged on for a while but towards the end became absolutely phenomenal, and the 3rd season continues along the same vein and the art is stunning - you literally see it improving over time. Definitely my favourite thing I'm reading atm though including One Piece, I can't sing its praises enough.
a good analogy is that, if one piece is a world driven story as in the treasure one piece itself drive everyone's story

tower of god is a character-driven story with equaly expansive world if that make sense. Literally every shit that happened starts and ends with some kind of connecting stuff to king zahard. getting to him is not unlike getting chasing one piece itself

Part 1 is easily the worst part, you'll hardly find any disagreements there from anyone. I would say give Part 2 a try and if you don't like it that's where you can drop, but Part 3 is where Jojo really starts coming together, Part 2 is solid but it's nothing like the rest of the series where stands dictate everything, almost feels like filler looking back. A lot of people love it though.

Overall the writing isn't going to blow your mind or anything like that but there are moments of genius storytelling in pockets. Characters are the driving force of the show.
I'm on episode 3 of part 2 and on one hand the dude is a genius the way he analyses everything but on the other, why do people keep announcing their plans out loud and telling everyone and their mothers their weaknesses 😂 I'm watching it like wtf are y'all doing lool but I keep tryna remind myself it's supposed to be bizarre

I'm watching this and Kingdom atm and I'm definitely favouring Kingdom more but we'll see. Though I gotta ask, I'm only on like season 1 episode 9 but is every fight gonna be Shin magically getting stronger as the fight goes on to end up winning lmao

I'm on episode 3 of part 2 and on one hand the dude is a genius the way he analyses everything but on the other, why do people keep announcing their plans out loud and telling everyone and their mothers their weaknesses 😂 I'm watching it like wtf are y'all doing lool but I keep tryna remind myself it's supposed to be bizarre

I'm watching this and Kingdom atm and I'm definitely favouring Kingdom more but we'll see. Though I gotta ask, I'm only on like season 1 episode 9 but is every fight gonna be Shin magically getting stronger as the fight goes on to end up winning lmao
NO NO NO NO NO DONT WATCH KINGDOM

READ KINGDOM

The Kingdom anime is probably the worst anime adaptation known to man. It's awful. The Manga is 1000x better in every way possible. Plus the Anime is only up to 1/4 of the Manga's story. It's literally pointless at this point

NO NO NO NO NO DONT WATCH KINGDOM

READ KINGDOM

The Kingdom anime is probably the worst anime adaptation known to man. It's awful. The Manga is 1000x better in every way possible. Plus the Anime is only up to 1/4 of the Manga's story. It's literally pointless at this point
Lmfaooo is it really that bad? Tbf the first episode was garbage but after that they toned down all the 3D shit they kept tryna pull and visually it's been alright

Does the anime leave things out? Cos I was just gonna watch it until I finish it and if I wanted to pick up the manga from there I could, usually I prefer having something to watch

Lmfaooo is it really that bad? Tbf the first episode was garbage but after that they toned down all the 3D shit they kept tryna pull and visually it's been alright

Does the anime leave things out? Cos I was just gonna watch it until I finish it and if I wanted to pick up the manga from there I could, usually I prefer having something to watch
I dropped the anime after 3 episodes but from what I gather and have heard it focuses a lot less on the politics and power struggle - aka it's almost completely one dimensional in terms of fighting and drops the large portions of most important character dynamics. The most enjoyable part of Kingdom until its conclusion is the power struggle between Sei and Ryo Fui and apparently that's dumbed down in terms of quantity and importance to the story

Didn't watch the anime, but the "Shin magically getting stronger as the fight goes on" part is in the manga, he's like a kid demigod.

lmao the first episode was like watching 3D hentai anime