Character Discussion "Kaido, the strongest pirate" - how valid are characters statements?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Doubting Kaido is digging your own grave and people love to do it. :milaugh:
You thought the scabbards would beat him. Lik
Post automatically merged:

I didn’t say that only pirates have bounties. I said the Shichibukai didn’t STOP being pirates when they got hired by the government because they still retain their bounties.
Their bounties were frozen but thats beside the point. Not only pirates get bounties.

Kaido is on the same league as Whitebeard and have WSC title and yet we still doubting him as the current strongest pirate :crazwhat:
He wanted to openly challenge MF Whitebeard that is true, but was he really still the WSM? Only sure notion is that he had been, but he got sick and power levels can change. It progressively diminished for him.

The controversial around the WSC is still there too additionally.

Well your post to me was addressing the "whys" of why I said I'm split on Mihawk. I personally have no interest in a Mihawk >/=/< Kaido discussion, on 1 day I might go with Mihawk > Kaido, the next Kaido > Mihawk, just one of those things that's a toss up in my eyes due to various story elements.

When did he say that, do you remember?
I respect that, at the end of the day this is just a manga.

Sabaody, at the end right before luffy gets sent i think.

He wanted to openly challenge MF Whitebeard that is true, but was he really still the WSM? Only sure notion is that he had been, but he got sick and power levels can change. It progressively diminished for him.

The controversial around the WSC is still there too additionally.
Dont think he wanted to challenge WB himself in MF mate, all he said is that WB did it right (by dying) there. He wanted to go in a place where he knew a lot of powerful people would be, to die.

How can you erase bounty posters?? Lol.
The same way they were frozen to begin with, because the World Government can choose to do it if they desire. No different to a pardon in real life. The Shichibukai were still pirates, they were just pirates under the employment of the World Government.

As for why this is a discussion, blame yourself. You’re the one trying to exclude Mihawk from Killer’s statement.

Ah this one, I assume?

Yea Kizaru, much like majority of the Marines like Fujitora/Akainu/Garp/Sengoku/etc, follow what Smoker said:

"once a pirate, always a pirate"

I forgot who Smoker said that to, it was either Crocodile, Doflamingo or Law. That even if they're not recognized as pirates, they'll still continue acting like pirates, thus you gotta treat it as "once a pirate, always a pirate", em mfs don't change simply because they're not recognized as pirates.
Yes, as shishibukai they are still pirates. Just ones working for the WG. Well anyway i gotta go for now, take care my dude. Appreciated the discussion even though we slightly differ in our train of thoughts.

A pirate is a criminal.
You cannot be a pirate while being hired under a Government. They were Government employees. That's the entire damn point of becoming a Warlord. You're not longer recognized as a pirate, but as a warlord.

Definition of a Warlord:
a military commander, especially an aggressive regional commander with individual autonomy.

^^^^ This is what they were. They were not pirates.
Incorrect.

A shichibukai is simply a pirate employed under the World Government with a frozen bounty.

That cat emoji only works if you bothered replying the post as a whole, rather than nitpicking one certain out of the complete context.

The 4 Emperors are "4 powerful pirates who rule like Emperors" thus they are called "4 emperors". There is an explanation for that title.

The Warlords are "7 pirates who became employed by the World Government"... Did I say they weren't pirates before becoming Warlords? No. Did I say they weren't pirates after not being warlords? No.
And they are still pirates while being employed by the World Government. And what did my cat emoji do to you? :catsure:

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
What part of strongest pirate do you have trouble understanding?
Probably the same part that Mihawk downplayers have understanding in strongest swordsman :kayneshrug:

I’ve always felt that Kaido > Mihawk, but I’m arguing against the Yonko stans because of inconsistencies in when they accept character statements as 100% canon.

Come on, at this point it is lapalidsian that Kaido is cobsidered by the OP world the strongest pirate: introduction and now we can add Killer statements and even the title of the very chapter. 1 + 1 = 2

Then we have BM who tied a 3 day fight with him and then Shanks (what happened before Marineford between Kaido and Shanks?) and BB who imo are or will become by eos stronger than Kaido.

Who is everyone???

You're making contradictory statements.
All the people with common sense about what the Warlords were from Smoker, to Sengoku including everyone of the admirals and named High-ranked marines. As Smoker said "Pirates will remain Pirates" and this line has always been the best way to describe the Warlords.

When Killer said that Kaido is the strongest pirate alive he obviously included the other Emperors, the Warlords and all the Supernovas.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Yeah, but its not all of us that does that. You know me, WSS is exactly what it means.
I’m talking about the people who invent shit like Pure Swordsmanship and translate “strongest” as “most skilled” only for Mihawk lol. They’re the ones who seem to be making the biggest deal about this.