Character Discussion "Kaido, the strongest pirate" - how valid are characters statements?

If it's that, then imo Blackbeard is really the only one who is the exception to the statement, due to his growth over the timeskip, unless Oda pulls a "hasn't gone all out yet" card with Shanks or Big Mom, which I find unlikely.
I agree with this. Blackbeard is an anomaly that will continue to grow and grow.

I also saw the second half of your post before you removed it. You're right that other top tiers don't really seem to care about Kaido being the strongest and have no problems fighting with him. However the same could be said for Mihawk. While Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman, Vista didn't hesiste to clash blades with him and Vista showed no fear towards him.

That being said, I would have preferred if Oda simply put Kaido being the strongest in an intro box so he could stop wasting everyone's time tbh. But alas.

I agree with this. Blackbeard is an anomaly that will continue to grow and grow.

I also saw the second half of your post before you removed it. You're right that other top tiers don't really seem to care about Kaido being the strongest and have no problems fighting with him. However the same could be said for Mihawk. While Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman, Vista didn't hesiste to clash blades with him and Vista showed no fear towards him.

That being said, I would have preferred if Oda simply put Kaido being the strongest in an intro box so he could stop wasting everyone's time tbh. But alas.
He said it through killer
if we all consider bb to be the only anomaly being the eos pirate villain
then this statement is true
kaido is the strongest pirate.
I think everyone can reasonably agree to this.

some character statements are bs , some are right . in this case it's Killer so it might be right

bs ones :
• Orochi's World Government wouldn't be able to bring down Wano
• Don Krieg WSM
• Luffy 25 foot/8 meters tall
• Kaido's strongest army

there is one case where even a description box was bs , and that was Five Elders' , they were described as the "Supreme Leaders of the World Government" , but later it was revealed that it's Imu

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
bs ones :
• Orochi's World Government wouldn't be able to bring down Wano
• Don Krieg WSM
• Luffy 25 foot/8 meters tall
• Kaido's strongest army
Not necessarily BS:
- Wano is a natural fortress, it is plausible that WG cannot bring it down due to the natural advantage Wano has.
-Dont remember this one about Krieg, if he claimed it, it is BS indeed.
-Luffy was a ~8m tall giant when he was in Nightmare mode or when he goes into G3.
-Could be true, 500 gifters by itself is probably better than many more random fodders plus his army is armed with weaponry from Wano factories which seems to be in high quality(we saw the example of their long-range cannons shooting from far away). All of that contributes to the strength of Kaido's army.

it's not valid. Since news don't come out of wano, then kaido should get his WSC title before he resided in wano. However, we all saw oden almost one shotted kaido to death and was going to off him if not for the cheap fake hostage trick. I'm pretty sure roger and whitebeard also can beat kaido.

- Wano is a natural fortress, it is plausible that WG cannot bring it down due to the natural advantage Wano has.
WG ain't Smoothie . they won't be stopped by a mere waterfall .

besides , WG is too much of a gargantuan power to not be able to bring it down .

plus , did Orochi know that one of Admirals can lift battleships to get pass that waterfall ? Kizaru also might be able to get pass it even though he won't bring battleships with him like Fuji
-Dont remember this one about Krieg, if he claimed it, it is BS indeed.
maybe Krieg didn't call himself WSM , but maybe it was from someone else .
-Luffy was a ~8m tall giant when he was in Nightmare mode or when he goes into G3.
looking back at Nightmare Luffy , maybe he was 8 m tall . Luffy's hand being inflated isn't a reason to call him 8 m tall though

Nighmare Luffy was short lived though still , and appeared in an isolated island in Florian Triangle . not sure how that guy from Dressrosa would know it
-Could be true, 500 gifters by itself is probably better than many more random fodders plus his army is armed with weaponry from Wano factories which seems to be in high quality(we saw the example of their long-range cannons shooting from far away). All of that contributes to the strength of Kaido's army
Marines has 100k soldiers who Zoro said has better quality than Fishmen in FI . not sure if 500 Gifters as a whole is better than that

Marines has a weapon from the most genius scientist in OP planet , that Kaido thought could stop the Beasts Pirates :

and then he said his army ( Beasts Pirates-BM Pirates alliance ) is the greatest . which implied BMP is an equal if not a greater power than the rest of Marines , which is clearly massively underrating Marines except for BMP wankers maybe .

besides the hype from Kaido , SSG's weapon has other hype ( being called incredible by Fujitora who have sensed it , and believed to be able to replace 7 Warlords and crews ) , none of Kaido's weapons has hype on the level of those , not even close .​

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
WG ain't Smoothie . they won't be stopped by a mere waterfall .
besides , WG is too much of a gargantuan power to not be able to bring it down .

plus , did Orochi know that one of Admirals can lift battleships to get pass that waterfall ? Kizaru also might be able to get pass it even though he won't bring battleships with him like Fuji
What if Kaido stands on top of that waterfall? And spits Borobreath? Not a single ship is entering Wano...
Kizaru can pass but you cant topple Wano with Kizaru... You need an army to defeat an army and WG army cant enter.
Sure, Fujitora can do many things in theory but again, Kaido attacking Fujitora would prevent him to bring any troops in.
looking back at Nightmare Luffy , maybe he was 8 m tall . Luffy's hand being inflated isn't a reason to call him 8 m tall though
Nighmare Luffy was short lived though still , and appeared in an isolated island in Florian Triangle . not sure how that guy from Dressrosa would know it
I was trying to make sense from where that statement comes from.
It is enough for someone to see Nightmare Luffy and start a rumor that he is 8m giant...
Even his G3 parts are enough for people to get the wrong idea.

Marines has 100k soldiers who Zoro said has better quality than Fishmen in FI . not sure if 500 Gifters as a whole is better than that

Marines has a weapon from the most genius scientist in OP planet , that Kaido thought could stop the Beasts Pirates :
and then he said his army ( Beasts Pirates-BM Pirates alliance ) is the greatest . which implied BMP is an equal if not a greater power than the rest of Marines , which is clearly massively underrating Marines except for BMP wankers maybe .

besides the hype from Kaido , SSG's weapon has other hype ( being called incredible by Fujitora who have sensed it , and believed to be able to replace 7 Warlords and crews ) , none of Kaido's weapons has hype on the level of those , not even close .​
Sure, the WG is the most powerful organization so Kaido's army could refer to only pirates but overall seems untrue indeed.
However, didnt Kaido proceed to talk after that and how they can take over the world regardless of the Navy's new force?

What if Kaido stands on top of that waterfall? And spits Borobreath? Not a single ship is entering Wano...
Kizaru can pass but you cant topple Wano with Kizaru... You need an army to defeat an army and WG army cant enter.
Sure, Fujitora can do many things in theory but again, Kaido attacking Fujitora would prevent him to bring any troops in.
well let's bring the third Admiral . and the Fleet Admiral . and Garp . and Sengoku . and SSG's weapon . and 2 Admiral candidates . and former Fleet Admiral Kong . and CP 0 .

the WG has too much firepower . well , if they still can't get pass the waterfall somehow , they can just destroy it and the rest of Wano i guess
I was trying to make sense from where that statement comes from.
It is enough for someone to see Nightmare Luffy and start a rumor that he is 8m giant...
Even his G3 parts are enough for people to get the wrong idea.
maybe it came from Nightmare Luffy .
Sure, the WG is the most powerful organization so Kaido's army could refer to only pirates but overall seems untrue indeed.
However, didnt Kaido proceed to talk after that and how they can take over the world regardless of the Navy's new force?
yeah he continued to talk after hyping SSG , i think he said something like , to not worry about the Navy because we've allied with Big Mom Pirates , and we'll take the One Piece and Ancient Weapons to create a world full of violence

obviously they won't take One Piece and Ancient Weapons though . these clowns won't even get out of Wano , and they are about to take an L from the Worst Generation alliance

Oda has made it clear that Kaido is #1 on the list since his 796. That's why Luffy is fighting him now.

However, that doesn't guarantee he will win every 1 v. 1. If you think of their stats like

Kaido - 80 attack 90 defence
Mihawk - 95 attack 50 defence

Kaido's average is 85 while Mihawk's 72.5, but Mihawk can still beat him.

Oden was like this. Kaido's defence >>> Oden's defence, and we saw what happened

A pirate's strength is best measured in a war setting, fighting multiple people, like Whitebeard in Marineford. In a pirate war, Kaido > Mihawk, because of his skin and the ability to tolerate attacks like this

Mihawk can't handle those ^ attacks. But like Oden, that doesn't mean he can't beat Kaido 1 v. 1.

tldr: Kaido's defence will always keep his combat level the highest, but other characters have stronger attacks, and can still beat him.
People lack basic logic skills. Oda told us in 796 Kaido is the strongest because of his skin.

The handful of people in OP who can break his skin can beat him. Luffy will beat him too.
We've seen over and over characters who are "weaker" beat "stronger" characters. Oda literally confirmed this with Luffy and Enel.

Being the strongest in terms of overall combat, doesn't guarantee a win. This is one of the tenets of One Piece. That's why it's "bet" on Kaido.
I'm split on Mihawk.

In the world of One Piece, a pirate is considered anybody who has a jolly roger, Mihawk hasn't shown a Jolly Roger. He also hasn't been shown doing any piracy, him fucking up Don Krieg for example was him doing his job as a World Government employee.

It could, but it could also not. I wouldn't be surprised if it did though.
"Every Shichibukai is a pirate", except for when they're Shichibukai.

There is a reason why Smoker says, " A Pirate will always be a pirate". Because.. TECHNICALLY Warlords are not pirates, but World Government employees, just like the CP1-9/Marines/Agents/etc

However, for Smoker's personal belief once a pirate they'll still continue to act like their pirate ways. Smoker wouldn't say this if Warlords were considered pirates while they're Warlords.

Was Doflamingo a pirate? Yes
Was Doflamingo a pirate as a Warlord? No

Was Hancock a pirate? yes
Was she a pirate as a Warlord? No
Is she a pirate now? Yes

Was Buggy a pirate? Yes
Was Buggy a pirate as a Warlord? No
Is he a pirate now? Yes
Insane Damage control mental gymnastics.

I think character statements are exactly as reliable as this official introduction

unless it suits you, right?

everything Sengoku ever said was a lie?
anything anyones ever said is false?

no

context matters

in this case Kaido has more than 1 instance that supports the statement. further underlined by his bounty.

make of that what you want.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Kaido is number 1, move on from it.

The best part comes when he dies and the wars start about who is the new strongest one. :suresure:
I need proof that Kaido has beaten the other Yonko and Mihawk. That’s how these things work - Oda needs to show us a World’s Strongest beating everyone in that category:cheers:

Validity of characters' statements depends on fans' personal headcanon, I guess.
Funny how that works...

Killer and Kid vs Shanks would go the exact same way as Killer and Kid vs Kaido
So this statement ain't worth shit. He doesn't know crap, how would he come to the conclusion that Kaido > Shanks when both of them would oneshot him and his captain anyway?

Kaido fought BM for 3 days and couldn't take the advantage even though BM was missing one of her main homies.

Killer is just repeating whatever he has heard fodder says

Kaido's title is folklore, it was never entitled in a box like Whitebeard's or Mihawk's, all we had was "people say" "people say" "people say"