Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato has long hair, prominent eyelashes, wear earrings, has underboobs. Imagine how worse it would be if Yamato has spiky hair, and wears bandages to conceal her boobs.

Anyway feminism is actually about equality, regarding race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. People often being discriminated because of those. It’s not just about gender, it’s about choice. People can be free to choose what they want as long as their choice doesn’t disturb others’

Sure he was, but only one (assuming we’re both talking about the spread of the SHP and CP-9) and he’s virtually the only unconfirmed member who did so before the end of their arc of introduction unless you really wanna split hairs about Nami and Robin’s first go-around. Besides, I’ve seen many, MANY theories based on what does and doesn’t happen in color spreads, but what I haven’t seen is one that actually came true, so I’m not gonna put too much stock in that.
377 was the point where it was like okay, if you still doubt him you're just a troll. The fact that it was "only one" really couldn't have possibly mattered given the label applied to the colorspread.

The idea is a guy starting out as the arc antagonist and being revealed as a Straw Hat way before the fights even began, vs a character who is pretty much asking Luffy to come along. Why Oda is not willing to give us more is my concern.

377 was the point where it was like okay, if you still doubt him you're just a troll. The fact that it was "only one" really couldn't have possibly mattered given the label applied to the colorspread.

The idea is a guy starting out as the arc antagonist and being revealed as a Straw Hat way before the fights even began, vs a character who is pretty much asking Luffy to come along. Why Oda is not willing to give us more is my concern.
I think it’s more like “why Oda’s editors are not willing to give us more is my concern”

Yamato is too tall for a female, and her personality is too masculine.

The way how she's dressed is terrible. They don't need another idiot with flip flops in the crew.

And her delusion about being Oden makes her even less likeable as a character. It's unpleasant just to imagine how her interactions with Sanji will probably be like if she ends up joining.

As always, at least Carrot is cute and acts as a female character.

Carrot's presence is pleasant, whereas Yamato's presence in unpleasant.
The tallness of Yamato isn't the problem because that's within her genes (also in OP there are various heights for all races).
The problem is her trying to be a man and trying to be someone else. This is the only problem with the character Oda made.

No... people debated the shipwright to the end. And although many of us loved him since he doffed his disguise, there was a long period before he was technically described as a shipwright at all (rather just a part of Galley La's history, who probably couldn't leave his family behind) so it was just a hunch.

Yamato has no true role yet, and in any case I realize the characters are different. It's just because they give me the same feelings that I bring up Franky. I think to some extent it's hard to blame me for that?
People might have debated it to the end, but that’s only because some people are borderline illiterate/willfully blind. Franky was set in stone after the conversation with Usopp about Klaubetermann was followed by a multi-chapter flashback exploring Franky’s relationship with Tom.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower

Agreed, but it kinda helps that Luffy literally drew Franky when describing his ideal shipwright before they even arrived at Water 7…if that’s the only bit Oda doesn’t do to telegraph his intentions with Yamato, then I think we can lean into the whole “She has stated a specific desire to sail with Luffy multiple times since her introduction in this ongoing arc” thing in lieu of that piece of evidence. By the way, if you haven’t noticed, most of the people denying her candidacy ARE your run-of-the-mill shitheads, look at any page of this weird thread and that will become readily apparent. You know I’m one of the biggest Franky fans around, but it’s unfair to compare a character introduced in 2006 and one introduced a decade and a half later, Oda is a different writer than he used to be and has a cadre of editors that probably aren’t concerned about the story or the fans so much as the revenue...arguably, this is why the story is declining in quality AND sales, but like I said to someone in this thread a couple of days ago, I’m not gonna blame Yamato for being poorly written just because she had the misfortune of debuting in Oda’s twilight rather than when he was still shining.

Agreed, but it kinda helps that Luffy literally drew Franky when describing his ideal shipwright before they even arrived at Water 7…if that’s the only bit Oda doesn’t do to telegraph his intentions with Yamato, then I think we can lean into the whole “She has stated a specific desire to sail with Luffy multiple times since her introduction in this ongoing arc” thing in lieu of that piece of evidence. By the way, if you haven’t noticed, most of the people denying her candidacy ARE your run-of-the-mill shitheads, look at any page of this weird thread and that will become readily apparent. You know I’m one of the biggest Franky fans around, but it’s unfair to compare a character introduced in 2006 and one introduced a decade and a half later, Oda is a different writer than he used to be and has a cadre of editors that probably aren’t concerned about the story or the fans so much as the revenue...arguably, this is why the story is declining in quality AND sales, but like I said to someone in this thread a couple of days ago, I’m not gonna blame Yamato for being poorly written just because she had the misfortune of debuting in Oda’s twilight rather than when he was still shining.
Eh... I don't really think of Oda as improving or getting worse when it comes to his ideas. Some shit is really rushed and I feel like Yamato joining is one of the things that becomes more likely due to popularity with staff or readers, but I try not to predict based on quality of the story.

Also, the thing is that Luffy's drawing was so shitty. I'd be amazed if any readers guessed what it was before Franky got close to Sanji and Usopp on the sea train.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Eh... I don't really think of Oda as improving or getting worse when it comes to his ideas. Some shit is really rushed and I feel like Yamato joining is one of the things that becomes more likely due to popularity with staff or readers, but I try not to predict based on quality of the story.

Also, the thing is that Luffy's drawing was so shitty. I'd be amazed if any readers guessed what it was before Franky got close to Sanji and Usopp on the sea train.
Bro, he’s been writing this story for 25 years, he’s visibly changing the way he does things and I don’t believe it’s for the better, even if this particular poor choice ends with a character I like joining the crew. Everything from the massive lore dumps to the most difficult opponents our protagonists have ever faced were rushed and disjointed this whole arc to date, I just don’t understand why Yamato’s development or perceived lack thereof is the only thing worthy of being disqualified. Shit, the version of Luffy you’re using as an avatar right now is a tremendous asspull to a lot of people, I think the DF reveal is a much bigger cop out than everything about Yamato.

People might have debated it to the end, but that’s only because some people are borderline illiterate/willfully blind. Franky was set in stone after the conversation with Usopp about Klaubetermann was followed by a multi-chapter flashback exploring Franky’s relationship with Tom.
People forget just how bad it was back in Water 7.

Heck, I would argue go look at Frankys introduction is clear just feels like Oda, we don't see Franky just hear about him and when we do he is on top of a building behind a bed sheet calling out Luffy doing his Franky pose.

It has an energy to it a certain feeling

Kaido talks about Yamato chapters before they are introduced ordering the Topi Ropo to find Yamato and they even remark it won't be easy.

Then when 983 comes in Yamato runs by Kid and other beats Pirates telling them to pay no mind, Luffys in a bind and about to go gear 4 before he sees something with CoO

Yamato comes to Luffys rescue downing Ulti in a single hit, Luffy not knowing who they are but Yamato knows who Luffy is ands whisks him away telling him that they been waiting for them...ohhh my names Yamato I'm Kaidos son.

Same type of feeling

Last edited:
Bro, he’s been writing this story for 25 years, he’s visibly changing the way he does things and I don’t believe it’s for the better, even if this particular poor choice ends with a character I like joining the crew. Everything from the massive lore dumps to the most difficult opponents our protagonists have ever faced were rushed and disjointed this whole arc to date, I just don’t understand why Yamato’s development or perceived lack thereof is the only thing worthy of being disqualified. Shit, the version of Luffy you’re using as an avatar right now is a tremendous asspull to a lot of people, I think the DF reveal is a much bigger cop out than everything about Yamato.
Gear 5 has grown on me, and probably my favorite thing is the likelihood that it's last minute bullshit. This guy very possibly started sketching Who's Who and went on complete autopilot with everything involving his background. So he's really that henchman from the Spandine era, and he was 16 years old? The fucking nerve it takes to tell a story like that lmao.

But if an idea has to be conceived in advance to have merit, there's at least the fact that the Gear 5 concept and/or awakening had been inevitable since 2015.

Despite some very sloppy execution, I don't think Oda has been introducing things that actually pulls him away from what he wants to accomplish, if that makes sense. On the flip side you have Law, a random addition that turned out to be a major and pleasant part of the story, but if he just sails off when the arc wraps it's not like Oda loses anything for his ultimate goal.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Gear 5 has grown on me, and probably my favorite thing is the likelihood that it's last minute bullshit. This guy very possibly started sketching Who's Who and went on complete autopilot with everything involving his background. So he's really that henchman from the Spandine era, and he was 16 years old? The fucking nerve it takes to tell a story like that lmao.

But if an idea has to be conceived in advance to have merit, there's at least the fact that the Gear 5 concept and/or awakening had been inevitable since 2015.

Despite some very sloppy execution, I don't think Oda has been introducing things that actually pulls him away from what he wants to accomplish, if that makes sense. On the flip side you have Law, a random addition that turned out to be a major and pleasant part of the story, but if he just sails off when the arc wraps it's not like Oda loses anything for his ultimate goal.
That nerve is what I’m talking about, it used to translate into amazingly crafted arcs contributing to the greater overall story but now it’s just throwing everything at the wall and pretending like it all sticks even when half of it falls to the floor. I agree on the other parts, which is why I’m so convinced Yamato isn’t just gonna wind up deciding to stay in Wano or sail the seas without Luffy or whatever the prevailing argument is on any given day; she’s been given a tragic backstory, an amazing set of abilities, and a spotlight against the main villain of the arc (who just so happens to be her father!)…doesn’t sound like we’re missing any of the usual pieces for a nakama candidate other than interacting with the crew, and again, considering she appeared roughly an hour or two ago in canon time, I believe she will have plenty of opportunities to fawn over the current SHP before becoming one herself.

Oh, there we go...
Another feminist rejecting human nature.

There are in fact two different sexes with different natural characteristics, and therefore the word "sexist"/"sexism" is preposterous, since it implies that it's wrong to distinguish the two sexes.
The natural is for men to be masculine, and for women to be feminine. When one of them begins to live in a way that is in disagreement with his natural gender, that means he's following an unnatural course in his life, so this cannot be seen as normal or as praiseworthy, though it can be tolerated.

You really should never use the word "sexist" seriously if you care for humanity and the preservation of sanity.
There's no "sexism" in what I wrote about Yamato. I pointed out that the fact that her personality is so masculine is bad because she is a female character, and the normal is for female characters to be feminine. What I'm saying is just common sense, that corresponds to the objective reality, as it has been acknowledged to be by by far most people since the beginning of human history, so you have no business trying to blame me for stating it.

"Speciecism" is a similar word, in terms of how destructive and against reality it is.
Yamato is too tall for a female, and her personality is too masculine.

The way how she's dressed is terrible. They don't need another idiot with flip flops in the crew.

And her delusion about being Oden makes her even less likeable as a character. It's unpleasant just to imagine how her interactions with Sanji will probably be like if she ends up joining.

As always, at least Carrot is cute and acts as a female character.

Carrot's presence is pleasant, whereas Yamato's presence in unpleasant.

So aside from wanting to adventure out and opening Wano's borders, what sort of dream would you guys say Yamato could be shaping up towards the most, at least by post-Wano?
Once she drops the Oden identity I think she will write her own journal and complete it. Maybe publish it after she’s done

also use Usopp’s stories to complete the journey she missed lol

So aside from wanting to adventure out and opening Wano's borders, what sort of dream would you guys say Yamato could be shaping up towards the most, at least by post-Wano?
  1. Find out/fill in the last pages of Oden's logbook (and return to Momo so he also knows).
  2. She mentioned at one point she wanted to "unleash (the Samurai of) Wano on the world." This is likely connected to bringing about the Dawn of the World.
  3. Something with helping Luffy fulfill the Joyboy/Nika prophecy. I can see both Luffy and Yamato having diety Zoans being important later on for the fight against the Celestial Dragons who are the "current gods" and Im. I could also see the bit in Skypeia being relevant since it was mentioned that there were multiple gods: sun, rain, forest, earth/the land. Yamato's Makami could fit either forest or land given the god's role in the story of Yamato Takeru.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.