Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone's wondering about my poll options, Vivi's there cause of the promise, I put the ones I've seen talked about most in Wano, Law is there cause Luffy said he was his crewmate, Pudding's there because Luffy said that if Sanji got married it would mean they will have a new crewmate, Hancock's there cause she's set to play a role in the plot soon enough and Smoker's there cause I think it would be interesting.

OMFG!!!

:shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking::shocking:

Lmao, the timing is perfect lol.

There goes the need to argue that there will be another straw hat after Jinbe. The crew is most certainly NOT complete, 99.99% confirmed. But at the same time, it also makes it pretty clear that there's ONLY going to be 1 more. So no Carrot+Yamato.

If Yamato joins the crew, then I'd instantly give up on Carrot joining, since there's only gonna be 1 more. And with OP in its final stretch after Wano, and with the Wano party planning on being the biggest party and toast EVER, it seems very clear, at least to me that the crew will be completed at the end of Wano. Everything will be set ready for the EoS saga.

So let's see who our contestants are:

1. Carrot
2. Yamato
3. Momo
4. Tama
5. X Drake(??)
6. Vivi

One of these will be our next and final nakama.:yasu::yasu:
Imo it's

1. Carrot
2. Yamato
3. Vivi

I'd be shocked to see X Drake join, as cool as that would be, and Momo and Tama make zero sense.

That is definitely BIG NEWS! :shocking:
So its for 99% clear that there will be at least one more member in future.
That cant be a coincidence that this information has dropped right now and not earlier on.
People were discussening Luffys words for years.
Why dropping it now out of a sudden?
Because Jinbei got officially a member now and things got kinda blurry cuz there are still contenders left in line?

I think we can asume now that after this arc and when we get the huge celebrationparty of the SH, that the crew might be complete and that it will be not only Jinbes party then but from another one aswell.

That makes me believing that the events in Wano and especially the ones on Onigashima will strengthen and building up the next member of the crew.

If anyone's wondering about my poll options, Vivi's there cause of the promise, I put the ones I've seen talked about most in Wano, Law is there cause Luffy said he was his crewmate, Pudding's there because Luffy said that if Sanji got married it would mean they will have a new crewmate, Hancock's there cause she's set to play a role in the plot soon enough and Smoker's there cause I think it would be interesting.
Should Add Bonney as well,then. There is a sound argument around her.

Got a feeling its gonna be Yamato at the end of the day.

- Hidden/Teased flashback
- Possible hidden power
- Has ties to Luffy/Ace and journeying to the "end". I.e. the Journal, and we have no idea what it contains/how it will be used.
- Unique fighting style/personality/etc.

It could also be the magazine doesnt truly know if there's ONLY 1 left though, it just confirms that Luffy's proclamation about 10 crew members didn't include himself.

There could be 11 members, or 12, or 13 at this point. It isn't an established rule that it HAS to be 11 outside of dialogue Luffy mentioned 23 years ago. That said, Carrot really is a strong contender and I see Perospero encountering her in this case to drive that point home. We'll see though.

a few plot threads that needs to be addressed regarding tama is;
- tama doesnt know about ace and luffy being brother
- luffy doesnt know about ace's promise to her and her wanting to join his crew
- her fruit power needs to come into play, considering all the build up it got and all characters saying how useful and amazing it is.
- the missing year in her time line, Tama just turned 8 years old, but she met Ace when she was 5, but that was 4 years ago, not 3. this was never corrected in the volume or in the anime so i believe its an intentional hint for there being more to it, similar to how Momo met roger but the fandom dismissed it.

theres also the possibility of her fruit number fitting into the number pattern.
i believe her power is the tsuku tsuku no mi, 2,9 2,9. tsuku simply meaning attach.

and it is inspired by doraemon actually,
About the idea behind the “Devil Fruits” that appear in the series, Oda says he was influenced a lot as a kid by the series Doraemon and thus that most of his inspiration comes from his everyday life - Oda
https://doraemon.fandom.com/wiki/Momotaro_Jirushi's_Millet_Dumplings
桃の絵、そして上にひらがなで「きびだんご」と描かれた網袋に団子が数十個入っており、食べた動物は必ず与 えた人間になつく。人間を含む全ての動物に有効で、人間が食べた場合、懐かせたい相手に食べさせた場合のみ有効
A net bag with a picture of a peach and the word "Kibidango" written in hiragana above it contains dozens of dumplings, and every animal that eats them will become emotionally attached to the person who gave them to it. The dumplings are effective on all animals, including humans, and are only effective if a human eats them and they are fed to the person they want to attract.

and this was cleverly hinted in the sbs of 93 where Oda mentioned the tanuki teapot being emotionally attached to tama (and hitetsu)

as well as the pirate apprentice position being mentioned for the first time way back in volume 2, and then the connection between tama and ace being hinted at back in marineford.
as well as her being a straw hat weaver in a series which got two very important straw hats, and she is from the amigasa (straw hat) village, and wore Luffys strawhat... Im thinking the man with the amigasa that met up with crocus could also maybe have a connection to tama.

so whats the point of Yamato then? I believe she is simply a red herring tbh

but she needs a power up of some kind power up, yes, I dont know whether itll be her purposely not showing her capabilities yet, or if she will master more of her DF so she can get a physical power boost somehow or even some weird time jump trope although i prefer her to stay a kid.

Last edited:
As much as Yamato is interesting and has a lot going for her, my vote is on Vivi.

If Vivi joins, Carue is coming with her. Stronger vs Carue final showdown.
Or Chopper & Carue vs Doc Q. & Stronger. We saw Usopp teaming up with Carue on little garden, then Chopper and Usopp teamed fight in Alabasta.

a few plot threads that needs to be addressed regarding tama is;
- tama doesnt know about ace and luffy being brother
- luffy doesnt know about ace's promise to her and her wanting to join his crew
- her fruit power needs to come into play, considering all the build up it got and all characters saying how useful and amazing it is.
- the missing year in her time line, Tama just turned 8 years old, but she met Ace when she was 5, but that was 4 years ago, not 3. this was never corrected in the volume or in the anime so i believe its an intentional hint for there being more to it, similar to how Momo met roger but the fandom dismissed it.

theres also the possibility of her fruit number fitting into the number pattern.
i believe her power is the tsuku tsuku no mi, 2,9 2,9. tsuku simply meaning attach.

and it is inspired by doraemon actually,

https://doraemon.fandom.com/wiki/Momotaro_Jirushi's_Millet_Dumplings

and this was cleverly hinted in the sbs of 93 where Oda mentioned the tanuki teapot being emotionally attached to tama (and hitetsu)

as well as the pirate apprentice position being mentioned for the first time way back in volume 2, and then the connection between tama and ace being hinted at back in marineford.
as well as her being a straw hat weaver in a series which got two very important straw hats, and she is from the amigasa (straw hat) village, and wore Luffys strawhat... Im thinking the man with the amigasa that met up with crocus could also maybe have a connection to tama.

so whats the point of Yamato then? I believe she is simply a red herring tbh

but she needs a power up of some kind, yes, I dont know whether itll be her purposely not showing her capabilities yet, or if she will master more of her DF so she can get a physical power boost somehow or even some weird time jump trope although i prefer her to stay a kid.
Ok lets make a deal, If Vivi dies, and Tama takes Carue as her pet and Carue eats Marco's fruit. Then i'm on board with Tama joining the Strawhats. We got an agreement?

As much as Yamato is interesting and has a lot going for her, my vote is on Vivi.

If Vivi joins, Carue is coming with her. Stronger vs Carue final showdown.
Or Chopper & Carue vs Doc Q. & Stronger. We saw Usopp teaming up with Carue on little garden, then Chopper and Usopp teamed fight in Alabasta.

Ok lets make a deal, If Vivi dies, and Tama takes Carue as her pet and Carue eats Marco's fruit. Then i'm on board with Tama joining the Strawhats. We got an agreement?
Phoenix Carue would give Billy a run for his money lol, but sure!
If it's not Tama then I'd think its Vivi with a brand new 2,9 2,9 DF.

I think whoever will join needs more interaction with Luffy. Carrot is in a good position but needs more time with him as well.
I think Momonosukeis the flying midget in the original crew concept image and Wano arc revolves around Momonosuke. Momonosuke for next nakama.
That's actually Franky. Oda changed his design after hearing Mr. 2's voice actor in the anime so he could bring him back as a main character.

I think when Luffy asks new characters in the New World to join him, they have to be of a very strong race of humans, or other that Luffy has defeated. I think the addition of Yamato is perfect because Luffy got a snip of the strength of Kaido, and his daughter in his crew is a 1up. When Luffy asked Jinbe to join his crew, he defeated Arlong and Hody in his time. So, Jinbe would be a perfect choice for Luffy because the fishman race is a strong and powerful race.

Why wouldn’t he want him in his crew? The rest of the candidates are not as strong as a fishman or Kaido, and Luffy has defeated only humans with devil fruits the most. That’s why Vivi is a honorary member because she’s not any different than a normal human that Luffy has beaten just with devil fruits and Luffy values strength the most out of the fact that he chose Zoro as his first mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.