What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy is the next Joy BOY. That’s Oda's intention, a childish hero. He’s stubborn, has no character development and looks slightly goofy/childish. That’s Oda's ideal hero type.
Do I like it? Not really. I like complex MC's with some depth but OP is about Luffy, the next Joy Boy
Damn, how did you make it this far into the story then? I understand liking a series more than just a main character, but Luffy is the essence of the whole series. One Piece and Luffy in general is meant to be catchy and appealing. Luffy is kind of designed to be an iconic mickey mouse kind of figure for Shonen. Look at his color scheme for example. Theres a reason why Gundam and Luffy use primary colors. Its pretty strategic when you think about it

Eh, nothing insinuates Akainu can't handle Luffy on his current state guys. Lets actually wait and see the upper limits of Shanks, Blackbeard or Akainu before assuming where Luffy's at with the "alleged" WSC.

There will be people that are effecitvely stronger than Kaido
Is interesting that somevody with the same age as Kaidou (Akainu and Aokiji) don't was put in the same tier as Shanks,Roger,Xebec,Oden and WB, if him fighted Marines and was captured.
Post automatically merged:

That's a guess, not fact. We don't really know what Swords goal actually is. And "good" Marines can still be opponents, that never changed when Luffy destroyed Koby or Smoker vs Law occurred.
Well we have story of Pirates and Good Marines allied against someone.

Garp and Roger.
Coby and Luffy.
Smoker,Law and Luffy.

Is interesting that somevody with the same age as Kaidou (Akainu and Aokiji) don't was put in the same tier as Shanks,Roger,Xebec,Oden and WB, if him fighted Marines and was captured.
Post automatically merged:

Well we have story of Pirates and Good Marines allied against someone.

Garp and Roger.
Coby and Luffy.
Smoker,Law and Luffy.
Luffy has fought all 3 of those Marines lol

Eh, nothing insinuates Akainu can't handle Luffy on his current state guys. Lets actually wait and see the upper limits of Shanks, Blackbeard or Akainu before assuming where Luffy's at with the "alleged" WSC.

There will be people that are effecitvely stronger than Kaido
Maybe, but you are assuming that Kaido is not WSC as Oda has said. The only reason Luffy is still in the fight is that Kaido has been fighting opponent after opponent with no respite, except for a sake break.

Luffy is the next Joy BOY. That’s Oda's intention, a childish hero. He’s stubborn, has no character development and looks slightly goofy/childish. That’s Oda's ideal hero type.
Do I like it? Not really. I like complex MC's with some depth but OP is about Luffy, the next Joy Boy
Luffy does have some depth to him, he just isnt complex because he is a force of nature type of character

Yeah so they can still fight "good" Marines later. It's only a theory that sword or anyone will split and fight in the good side in the final war. We don't know how its supposed to go down.

Just to be very blunt, Fujitora of all people was excited about the SSG because they are specifically replacing Pirate Shichibukai. While he might be an ally towards the end, who knows where his ideology stands before we get to that point. I could imagine him being conflicted fighting Zoro, only still pressed to fight him in the end because it's part of his justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.