One Piece Chapter 1069: We Owe All There Is To Desire!!

Rate Chapter

• Total voters
What are you referring to?
the wreath of flames has been used as an indicator of deities and god-fruits more than it has been awakening. i was curious if there were any leopard gods to explain it, like if lucci was secretly a mythical zoan also. but it turns out leopards themselves were originally considered mythical, and the anti-christ is apparently a leopard in some places

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
β€Ž
Homeboy, I already acknowledged my thoughts on Lucci as being wrong. You also decided to lump Kizaru in there for some stupid ass reason lmao

Maybe don't include both in your statements @ me next time. Nobody is perfect, I have guessed shit correctly and been just as wrong too.

You dont see me ragging on you for your ZKK worshipping.
I could have sworn I have seen you say the same about Kizaru unless you have an explanation what connects Kizaru and Luffy in this arc for them to fight? :myman:
Those aren't the triggers of the story, those are what Roger achieved. The trigger of the story is Roger encouraging the world to go after his treasure, and if you still believe his fame, wealth and power are the trigger, then Luffy already made up his mind to become Pirate King and achieve what Roger achieved way before he met Zoro and Nami.

So again, stop making up bullshit because Lufy dreamed of becoming the Pirate King before Zoro and Nami were a thing in his life and, even if we follow your logic, the only thing out of that trio he actively pursued so far wasn't fame (doesn't even want to be publicly aclaimed as a hero) nor wealth (Nami scolded him many times for wasting money) but power (as he intends to become stronger than everyone).

I have no agenda, but to think so it's the expected from the usual dumbasses here. Both in this forum and in Oro Jackson I've been accused of defending every agenda; I mean, for some I'm a Luffy fan, for others I'm a Sanji fan and I've even been addressed as a Zoro fan for stuff I've posted in both forums. So allow me to laugh my ass off at your "admitting it hurst your agenda" idiocy.
lol, keep pretending that Wealth, Fame and Power werent literally the thing that is talked about in opening of the story aka its triggers.
Keep pretending that all the wealth doesnt belong to Nami. Or that he will represent Power instead of Zoro.

His power is mediocre, his fame will be unparalleled, his wealth is 0. He represents Fame, not Wealth, not Power. The other 2 triggers represent those. You literally saw representative of Power dominate the rooftop, far above the representative of Fame and you still dreaming... :catlewd:
Every1 who cant admit that Zoro is far above Luffy has an agenda or is simply a casual who is incapable of power scaling. Which are you?

Yet again, the only thing Luffy actively pursued is power. I don't even think he wants to achieve wealth nor fame, that's just playing some devil's advocate on my part to debunk your bullshit because, if anything, wanting to become Pirate King has more to do with achieving fame, wealth and power all together than

And the Pirate King is the conqueror atop conquerors, therefore the strongest.
Regardless of what he pursues, he is getting Fame the most and the trend will continue. His power is lacking, everyone saw it on rooftop.
You still think Luffy is Roger... He is not that guy. Even that guy Roger didnt have the Power to stand above WSM or WSC.
Only if you exclude those two from pirates is PK the strongest among them but they exist and won't go anywhere.
Let me know when you think of mental gymnastics around that unavoidable fact.

It's not fame, dumbass; as I said, if Luffy had fame in his mind he wouldn't work against it by asking Momonosuke to not tell the people he was responsible for Kaidou's defeat and the liberation of the whole country.

Roger was obviously above Whitebeard and Kaidou. Quote me with another of your made up bullshit when Whitebeard is the one used to hype Roger instead of the contrary and when Roger puts Kaidou as the conqueror of the world instead of the contrary. Until theme, feed up on your useless titles.

Again, Roger was the Pirate King, ergo the conqueror atop conquerors (the title is factually linked to this status), and since conqueror's grows stronger the stronger the conqueror is, then Roger was the strongest. In case it wasn't obvious.
You can play dumb all you want but becoming Pirate King gives you Fame, it doesnt give you any power. Do you understand that?
Roger was above WSM and WSC? In your Two Piece, sure. In One Piece, think of another excuse.
Quote me when Roger wields World's Strongest title.
Roger the Pirate King was a sick and weakened guy, try again.

No, but the one who constantly grows from defeating the strongest threat and whose role is to take it down has already surpassed him.

You're more stupid than you already seem if you think that spending three decades of serialization defeating the Bonezs, Kakus, Picas... of the world will make Zoro grow beyond the guy who takes down the Crocodiles, Luccis, Doflamingos... and Kaidous out there.
The one who loses to the tough guy 7 times is above the guy who demolished an even tougher guy without losing once? Sure...
Keep pretending that rooftop didnt happen because that's the only way you can cope.
How about the guy who beat Bonezs, Kakus, Picas schooling the guy who beat Crocs, Luccis, Doffys on rooftop? :wellwell:

The feats are decades fighting and defeating the main villain. Only people like you believe that scarring Kaidou with barely any acknowledgement from him is a better feat than being compared by Kaidou to the few he sees as capable of fighting him and actually defeating him.

Again, when Zoro is actually addressed quite explicitly as the only one capable of defeating the main threat (which has happened more than once with Luffy, including about Kaidou), let alone he defeats him, then come back to quote me. Until then shut up.
When even the mighty Bairang Gun can destroy a single dragon scale, you bet your ass that scarring Kaido is another level.
And when you realize that Zoro did it without aCoC, you can only dream about such feats. You do know that Luffy isnt capable of beating Kaido, lol? Or you count in infinite attempts as Luffy's power? :doffytroll:
Zoro is addressed as someone who can cut into pieces a guy even tougher than Kaido.
Until Luffy can break a single dragon scale, keep sitting down and dreaming about Power.

Good for them, it adds nothing to this discussion and it's just another fallacy from you (what a surprise...). In case all Luffy fans agreed on it, which is completely false.
I am sure all of them agreed that RT Zoro > RT Luffy, unless they cant be honest with themselves.
Or simply that bad at power scaling to not see the obvious. Which are you, dishonest or bad at power scaling?

I'm not pretending as if the build up for ZKK didn't exist. I'm mocking your overthought, stretched, verification-based essays you spent so much time writing (how many of them did you publish through the months ZKK was a thing here?) only for it to be pointless.

I've debunked everything I needed; and I say "needed" because most of what you said is just a bunch of fallacies that debunk themselves, and the rest are made up assumptions that hold no value (go and post me another tweet from a noname, please). Debunking your bullshit is as easy as posting quick, clear, explicit panels of Luffy aiming at becoming the strongest; on Rayleigh linking individual strength to the strength of your conqueror's plus Chinjao explaining the Pirate King is the conqueror atop conquerors; on Yamato stating Luffy is the only one capable of defeating Kaidou; etc. That's all I need while you need walls of texts with no actual evidence of anything on them.

And no, "king" in Luffy's head doesn't refer to fame. Stop spreading that baseless crap. Luffy doesn't want to be famous (actively rejects it, in fact) and so far his ideas of freedom (which the title encompasses), if anything, link to strength instead of fame (such as being the strongest to protect everybody he cares about).

You will never accept you've been debunked because you're mentally deluded. I just hope you just aren't this intellectually dishonest in real life when it comes to stuff that really matters.
I would do them all over again because I am not pretending they dont exist, like yall do.
You didnt sweat 4 years for nothing. It is because you were aware of the build-up. :wellwell:
What exactly have you debunked? Spouting your own headcanon doesnt debunk anything.
That "no-name's tweet" contains a summary of Sandman's post about Oda regarding 3 triggers.

Debunking my shit is easy with panel of Luffy aiming to become strongest while panels of him losing 7 times to the same guy dont debunk him being strongest? lmao Are you sure you thought this though? Luffy's words have to match his actions but they dont.
Losing 7 times to the same guy is a sigh of weakness not of strength.

Pretending that PK is stronger than all while WSM and WSC exist in his era is nothing but lying.
You cant debunk anything with lies. You fool only yourself with those lies, nobody else.

King in Luffy's head refers to King of Pirates and PK gain Fame, not Power. You still havent figured these basics 25 years later...
Luffy doesnt want to be famous and yet, Fame is all he gets with his actions. You really need to think this through...
How can I accept being debunked when you are talking nonsense? lol
Luffy will always come second if he wants to compete in power with Zoro.
Zoro is the storngest being in OP world. You need to slowly digest that.

the wreath of flames has been used as an indicator of deities and god-fruits more than it has been awakening. i was curious if there were any leopard gods to explain it, like if lucci was secretly a mythical zoan also. but it turns out leopards themselves were originally considered mythical, and the anti-christ is apparently a leopard in some places
Oh I thought you were refering to a possible Kaido awakening, because the Dragon PowerπŸ˜ƒ

Hi for different reasons.

Every potential future opponent has advantages imo:

- Kizaru: Need to perfect FS in order to keep up with him (my own assumption)

- Akainu: Could have the strongest AP in terms of his power combined with haki. One wrong hit and you are scarred and/or dead.

- Blackbeard: 2, potentially 3 broken powers. 1 can nullify fruits (bye bye Gear 5) and 1 can destroy the world. If he has a 3rd zoan, then there you go.

- Shanks: known as the FS killer, which could trump any progress Luffy makes on Kizaru for example. Could have the strongest haki in the series, may not. Depends on how exactly related swordsmanship is to haki directly (i.e. Roger and Whitebeard do not have black blades either).

We don't know enough about Im or a hypothetically alive Rocks yet.

Rob Lucci also alludes to "robbing" (as in stealing) and Lux or Luce (Light) , so his name basically means robbing light. Now he represents the Yin to Luffy's Yang. He's also chains and following orders while Luffy is freedom.

I really wasn't expecting luffy to go in gear 5 at all against Lucci but after thinking a little bit more about it it makes sense.

I believe Luffy cannot control gear 5 very well and it's obvious from this fight. Luffy who can see the future and is pretty pissed at the guy who almost killed someone who fed him (number 2 worst thing you can do to Luffy) is cheerful and starts acting goofy right after transforming. He also doesn't seem to use the kind of Haki he was using in his base form. Then, even though he can see the future, Lucci still surprises him by attacking sentomaru which shows how little control he has.

Luffy knows that and this is why I think he straight up went for gear 5. It took Luffy months to come up and control gear 4 and he had overpowered beasts as practice buddies. Luffy has barely discovered the new Yonko destroyer gear so he needs opponents that can last for a bit against it in order to practice his control and new attacks and Luffy knew that Lucci is one of those opponents. I am certain he could handle Lucci in gear 2 just fine but he wants to eliminate the weakness of gear 5, losing control and not being able to fight properl and that requires him to use it as often as possible against opponents who can't be one-shotted by it.

Why do I think Luffy didn't need gear 5 at all? Well the only attack that was a little bit more serious, the mole punch, immediately overpowered Lucci. That's another indication that Luffy get's a little bit more control during a fight, his attacks start being creative and do some actual damage and that always happens later in a gear 5 fight. I believe he overpowers Nika's personality when things that trigger him happen such as the attack on Sentomaru. After that you see the worried Luffy, not the cheerful Nika who laughs all the time.

I also believe over-extending his new abilities drain him considerably like his giant form which immediately led to Luffy looking 100 years older. He could use that form to finish the fight against Kaido but he didn't, he only enlarged his fist because that was simply what he could handle at the time.

This is just my thoughts regarding gear 5 and the latest chapter.

I could have sworn I have seen you say the same about Kizaru unless you have an explanation what connects Kizaru and Luffy in this arc for them to fight? :myman:
You've sworn wrong, I've never argued against Luffy vs Kizaru. It literally was the center of several Vegapunk arc posts I've made. I gave you links already.

I've given the reason a 1000 times already, but in a layman's summary:

- I expected a Vegapunk arc after Wano because One Piece didn't stop teasing the character. I've been talking about this for 3+ years now, actually far longer on Reddit when I used to post there.

- There were clear indications of Oda not updating us on Smoker/Tashigi enough, plus the fact that Bonney and Urogue were the last Supernova to not get arc focus. Low and behold....

- Bonney is tied to Kuma, who is tied to Vegapunk, who is tied to Sentoumaru and Kizaru

- 1+1=2: If Kizaru had presence in a Vegapunk arc and is the strongest antagonist there, then its likely Luffys fight based on any of the same patterns in any previous arc.

This isn't rocket science, this is a point of deduction that was made by thinking about it for more than 2 seconds. And yes, I've entertained the idea that Kizaru survives to the final war and is an admiral fight for another strawhat, but that has not been my thought process for over a year.

Not sure where you got me arguing against Luffy vs Kizaru from lol

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
β€Ž
You've sworn wrong, I've never argued against Luffy vs Kizaru. It literally was the center of several Vegapunk arc posts I've made. I gave you links already.

I've given the reason a 1000 times already, but in a layman's summary:

- I expected a Vegapunk arc after Wano because One Piece didn't stop teasing the character. I've been talking about this for 3+ years now, actually far longer on Reddit when I used to post there.

- There were clear indications of Oda not updating us on Smoker/Tashigi enough, plus the fact that Bonney and Urogue were the last Supernova to not get arc focus. Low and behold....

- Bonney is tied to Kuma, who is tied to Vegapunk, who is tied to Sentoumaru and Kizaru

- 1+1=2: If Kizaru had presence in a Vegapunk arc and is the strongest antagonist there, then its likely Luffys fight based on any of the same patterns in any previous arc.

This isn't rocket science, this is a point of deduction that was made by thinking about it for more than 2 seconds. And yes, I've entertained the idea that Kizaru survives to the final war and is an admiral fight for another strawhat, but that has not been my thought process for over a year.

Not sure where you got me arguing against Luffy vs Kizaru from lol
So you literally have no connection between Luffy and Kizaru and the reason why they should fight other than Kizaru being the strongest enemy present? :myman:
Zoro gets to beat Akainu then? :shocking:

Doubt it because both of Yamato forms have that ribbon and in this case we've seen Lucci's forms without it. With mythical fruits is hard to tell because that's just a common trait among many Eastern creatures; in Yamato's case it's probably just a design choice.
i think it might be limited to fruits of gods. in which case lucci could be some kind of god fruit

Controlling all the light in the area would be incredibly broken. We know Logia Awakening can at the very least change the climate, so this would add up.

Kizaru: Controls all the light - can attack from everywhere except you're in the shadows.
Kuzan: Can control all the ice and cold air in the area.
Sakazuki: Can control all the magma under ground and can even erupt volcanoes under the sea.
Aramaki: Can turn the area into a giant jungle and control all plants. Can also suck nutrients and water.