Character Discussion Yamato is Stronger Than King

How does Yamato compare to King?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not confirmed to be seastone laced, but they clearly prevented her from transforming. Seastone is the most sensible explanation.

And what do you expect to happen next chapter?
If Yamato is stronger than King then she will not join the Straw hats, very simple.
You guys need to understand Oda's formula/ rules/ style. Yamato needs to be weaker than Sanji because of the monster trio. Look at Jinbei, he's fighting WW who is weaker than Queen.
I expect Yamato to get beaten up next chapter.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
while Yamato had no issues defending against luffy g2 and g3 attacks that were coated with haki.
Yamato didn't actually use haki vs Luffy.

I think Yamato is stronger than Post Udon G2/G3 Luffy.

There isn’t a single pair of seastone cuffs that are explosive. Nor can Luffy remove seastone.

They’re just normal explosives
We'll see if Kaido brings up the cuffs during their fight.

I expect Yamato to get beaten up next chapter.
Are you confident enough in this to bet on it?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
@Garp the Fist: I don't fully agree that Yamato vs Kaido is appropriately analogous to Brook vs Ryuma. And not just because Yamato is a formidable combatant.

While Brook vs Ryuma was a similarly important fight for Brook, there wasn't extensive development or build-up towards their impending confrontation.

I don't recall Oda building up a narrative towards Brook's impending fight with Ryuma the way he did for Yamato and Kaido.

See any of:
  1. Yamato's Desire to Face Kaido
  2. Are You Excited for Yamato vs Kaido?
  3. Vs Kaido is Yamato's Main Fight This Arc

We actually have an entire character arc spanning 35+ chapters that has been slowly building up to Yamato vs Kaido.

I do not recall Brook vs Ryuma having as much narrative setup or weight.

It's not just that Vs Kaido is a very important fight for Yamato, it's the strength of the narrative that has been leading up to Vs Kaido.

It's the effort that Oda has put in place to set up this fight.

Then there's also that Yamato is simply much more important as a character than Brook.

I might be mistaken, but I don't think Brook vs Ryuma had any of that.

I think the only appropriately analogous battle is Law vs Doflamingo.

Yamato didn't actually use haki vs Luffy.

I think Yamato is stronger than Post Udon G2/G3 Luffy.

We'll see if Kaido brings up the cuffs during their fight.

Are you confident enough in this to bet on it?
Definitely, you are wishing for things only the MC is capable of doing.
Stronger than King? fighting Kaido 1vs1? Hurting him? You are just following the hype of the moment. A new character, big boobs, nice design, Kaido's son, clashed with an F6 and base form Luffy. This literally what Franky fans were doing in Water Seven, hyping him up too much.
Oda gonna humble you soon and show you who the MC is.

I’m with you Cinera. Yamato is stronger than all the calamities. Her feats show it, her bloodline demands it. This isn’t the same situation as Ace-she’s more seasoned than he ever got a chance to be, and if Kaido’s plans were to succeed, she’d be ascending to the top of his crew imminently.

However if you’re expecting her to get anywhere against Kaido, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.

Unfortunately her detractors will use that against her. Getting whooped by Kaido does not make you flying fodder level. Luffy has been handed solid L’s by him. King would do even worse.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
However if you’re expecting her to get anywhere against Kaido, you’re setting yourself up for disappointment.
I expect her to get beaten at some level of medium difficulty.

Not any form of low difficulty, but not pushing Kaido as far as Luffy eventually will either.

I think Kaido will use his Hybrid form but not Awakening against her.

Unlike Luffy she wouldn't have the chance to face Kaido 5+ times.