Character Discussion "Kaido, the strongest pirate" - how valid are characters statements?

The point is to show the weight that WB believed his name to have. Again, WB did not once name anyone to be stronger than himself or contradict anyone saying it was his era. Everything indicates he still held on to his status just as he held on to his life to save Ace.

BB did indeed run but he already mentioned that it was because he wasn't ready yet and established himself. Even if he were actually the strongest he did not have the men or territory he yet desired. Running doesn't contradict his belief to be the strongest when even a young Whitebeard chose to run from Navy ships rather than get bogged down dealing with them.
I never said his name didnt carry weight, i keep tellling you that his legacy was huge. Why would he need to name anyone to be stronger than him in the middle of a battlle? That would be weird as fuck, ''i cant be the strongest forever'' sounds much better than ''I cant be the strongest forever because that guy is''. The intent and context of it all( his failing health and overall combat prowess) is obvious and there for all to see.

BB saying he wasnt ready yet means he didnt believe himself to be the strongest then. Oh come on the man was fighting off Marineford and then ran away from Shanks and then ran away from Akainu either. WB told him himself that his weakness is his overconfidence and as such i dont think taking anything he said as facts, especially when those were corroborated with the actions he took after his declaration.

Young WB and WB have different personalities than BB, BB was down to sink marineford and then dipped.

I wasn't actually claiming MF whitebeard > Kaido. I was making the point that titles like that aren't the best way to determine who's the strongest.

It was called "War of the Best", because it was the top two forces on the seas Whitebeard Pirates & Marine HQ fighting it out.

"Island of the strongest", could refer to Island of beings who're physically the strongest, considering it's home to ancient giant clones like the Numbers & Kaido himself.. it's possible. It could refer to simply Big Mom AND Kaido gathered there, two emperors, both of whom were highlighted this chapter, thus Island of the strongest. Forming the Strongest force out there with BM & Kaido, since it's the new base of operations for even Big Mom now.
I knew you were gonna do that, The island's owner is Kaido, therefore it is directly refering to him. And spare me with that ''physically'' the strongest bullcrap. None of those were mentioned in this chapter. Only Kaido was mentioned as the strongest, directly linking that statement to the chapter title.

And if you wanna go that route then if the Islands current inhabitants are the strongest, then they are stronger than the navy and other pirates and everyone else in the world as of this moment, im sure you agree with this since you mentioned this possibility yourself.

Yes we do know what Smoker meant. But what Smoker meant wasn't, "They are pirates", he meant "they'll act like pirates, even if they're not pirates".. big difference. You're ignoring plain context. Smoker didn't correct them about what the Warlords truly were, because he himself was wrong in that statement lol.

Tell me what pirate activities was Kuma doing? Being a Celestial Dragon slave? 10/10 pirate activity.
Tell me what Mihawk was doing? His job was to kill off pirates, which is what he did with the likes of Don Krieg and etc.. doing his job that the World Government wants him to do 10/10 pirate activity.
Tell me what Hancock was doing? Running her Island? 10/10 pirate activity.
Tell me what Buggy was doing? Running a mercenary group that supplied weapons to countries and other factions under full support of the WG, 10/10 pirate activity.
Tell me what Weevil was doing? Fucking up other pirates, that the World Government fully approved to do..10/10 pirate activity.

Literally only 4 of the known Warlords continued acting as "pirates" all 4 of whom were removed as Warlords.. hell Mihawk didn't even act like a pirate before becoming a Warlord lmao.

You might mention helping out Luffy and what not... That's something even the Marines themselves have done. It's not like Garp follows the law to a T.
Of course Smoker was right about them, he knew their true nature from the start lol. Same for the admirals and Sengoku, they knew that not being a pirate officially anymore doesn't mean that you are not one in practice anymore, lol.

Kuma had been hunting and killing pirates in the same way that he did before becoming a Warlord. He just did pretend to obey to the WG only and ignored them when he wanted to.
Mihawk did the same thing when he was a Warlord than when he was a pirate with no obligation with him sailing the seas, only obeying to himself most of the time and following the WG orders only when it suited him.
Boa Hancock and her crew still did their pirate raids against ships and nations rich in ressources that Amazon Lily didn't have.
Jinbei and the Sun Pirates still had contact with the Whitebeard Pirates despite being normally forbidden to do by the WG.
Moria was still the captain of his pirate crew and did his plan of taking shadows in order to build a zombie army, to become the Pirate King and to turn the world into a zombie one.

Doflamingo still captained his own pirate crew, did all of his mobster activities, worked with Yonkos and other pirates, used weapons and knowledge that belonged to the WG and blackmailed the Celestial Dragons in order to do what he wanted with impunity.
Weevil demolished the Whitebeard Pirates because he wanted to and because his mother wants Whitebeard's treasure so much which is completely independant of the WG's orders and policy.

And that's not counting all the things that they did that was outright defiance towards the WG.

Nothing in the Warlords' system juridiction has truly changed what the Warlords truly where and what they did most of the time. Saying that the Warlords ceased to be pirates is like saying that someone isn't a thief or a hacker anymore just becaue he does steal and hack people specifically targeted by the government. Plus the end of the Warlords system means that all the Warlords outside of Kuma have returned to their original official status as pirates so your point was moot from the start.

When Killer said that Kaido was the strongest pirate he obviously included all the pirates in the world, including the warlords. He is too smart to believe that they weren't pirates anymore.

I only went that route, because you didn't go consistently with your route when it comes to War of the Best. You bypassed War of the Best making Admirals & Whitebeard superior to rest of the Yonko, by saying it refers to multiple people, I did the same for the Island of the Strongest.
War of the best, who was the best? Did you know that the other translation was the Summit war? The highest force of the WG, Admirals/Shishibukai(MIhawk) vs WB

Island of the Strongest is straightforward, we are in Onigashima, the Island of Kaido. Then killer calls him the strongest, direct relation to the title, there were go. Pretty straightforward.
Post automatically merged:

Kaido is number 1, move on from it.

The best part comes when he dies and the wars start about who is the new strongest one. :suresure:
Betting On BB tbh

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Having a serious debate on mobile is a pain lol so forgive the lower quality reply
No worries. I gotta make this quick too since I gotta go to work in 20 minutes lmfao.

1) You say Whitebeard never struggled to use haki, but that’s not true. We saw Whitebeard struggling to CoO, the image of Whitebeard removing the IV when Marco is thinking about how Squardo stabbed Whitebeard means the IV removal weakened his haki.
No it does not mean that it weakened his haki, rather his reactions. He couldn't dodge it.
I vaguely remember a databook, I believe @Van has spoken of it before, that mentioned that the only thing impeded in WB's old age and in MF were his reactions.

We also saw a clean slash on Kizaru that didn’t get past his intangibility.
You don't actually need haki to disturb a logia. Zoro did it to Enel when he cleaved him in half and stopped him. Regardless, we don't know if WB used haki then or not.

And why would Whitebeard not attempt to use a CotC blast to clear out fodder if he could? Was he not splitting the sky with Shanks a few weeks ago?
Same reason Sengoku or Doffy or Hancook or Ace or <insert any random character that was in MF who will show COC in the future> didn't. It was reserved for the MC. During the entire arc only the MC used it.

s for why I’m believing Killer’s words, along with the chapter of the title, because nothing has been shown to contradict it. If you give me something to show that anyone currently alive could be stronger than Kaido, then I’ll disagree with his words.
Imu or BB certainly. But I'll leave that aside for now, since BB is a character that grows exponentially and Imu is an unknown.
Say Shanks then. Kaido and Shanks had a scuffle that ended with Kaido hauling his ass back to Wano.

need an L that Kaido suffered in a 1v1 fight from someone currently alive or someone currently alive to be called the strongest.
He has 7 confirmed Ls and 18 times being captured.

He took on the Yonko but we saw when the Yonko fight crewmates don't interfere
1. Shanks vs WB
2. Kaido vs Linlin

It's more than reasonable to assume one of those Ls came in a 1 on 1 fight. However, due to Kaido's nature of seeking battles and showing up in places all of a sudden, it's enough to entertain the idea that Kaido fights people a lot, and wins, but those people are not top tiers. People like the F6 which were captains before, SN, etc. That's why people bet on him in a 1 on 1 fight. Because most of those he wins, but more than likely because he fights opponents beneath his level. This last part is speculation, I'll admit that, but still valid.

3) Why is Killer being considered retarded by other posters relevant? Did I ever say Killer is retarded? No. My avatar is Killer in a doctor outfit, I clearly don’t think he’s retarded. He’s clearly a very knowledgeable character. Knew the history about the Marine bell that Luffy rang along with Apoo’s weakness.
When did i or @Zara ever say that Mihawk wasnt the strongest?
You know that I have no issue with Mihawk being the strongest swordsman at all. I’ve been vocal about that many times.
This part was more of a generalization, not necessarily aimed towards you, rather the abundance of people who do it non stop.

EDIT: Apologies if I skipped something or won't reply in some time, I have to start work now :josad:

Kaido is number 1, move on from it.

The best part comes when he dies and the wars start about who is the new strongest one. :suresure:
Looks like last week when they were fighting about who is 2nd or 3rd, no one cares :milaugh:

But .. but killer is damaged, can't even think properly!

the same killer : kaido is the strongest!
everyone else : heyyyy dr.killer tells the truth, believe him :cheers:

No worries. I gotta make this quick too since I gotta go to work in 20 minutes lmfao.

No it does not mean that it weakened his haki, rather his reactions. He couldn't dodge it.
I vaguely remember a databook, I believe @Van has spoken of it before, that mentioned that the only thing impeded in WB's old age and in MF were his reactions.

You don't actually need haki to disturb a logia. Zoro did it to Enel when he cleaved him in half and stopped him. Regardless, we don't know if WB used haki then or not.

Same reason Sengoku or Doffy or Hancook or Ace or <insert any random character that was in MF who will show COC in the future> didn't. It was reserved for the MC. During the entire arc only the MC used it.

Imu or BB certainly. But I'll leave that aside for now, since BB is a character that grows exponentially and Imu is an unknown.
Say Shanks then. Kaido and Shanks had a scuffle that ended with Kaido hauling his ass back to Wano.

He has 7 confirmed Ls and 18 times being captured.

He took on the Yonko but we saw when the Yonko fight crewmates don't interfere
1. Shanks vs WB
2. Kaido vs Linlin

It's more than reasonable to assume one of those Ls came in a 1 on 1 fight. However, due to Kaido's nature of seeking battles and showing up in places all of a sudden, it's enough to entertain the idea that Kaido fights people a lot, and wins, but those people are not top tiers. People like the F6 which were captains before, SN, etc. That's why people bet on him in a 1 on 1 fight. Because most of those he wins, but more than likely because he fights opponents beneath his level. This last part is speculation, I'll admit that, but still valid.

This part was more of a generalization, not necessarily aimed towards you, rather the abundance of people who do it non stop.

EDIT: Apologies if I skipped something or won't reply in some time, I have to start work now :josad:
Let’s just end this. You don’t have an issue with Kaido being the strongest. I don’t have an issue with Mihawk being the strongest swordsman and I don’t think Killer is retarded.

We’re basically on the same page. And my phone is at 6% so I have to leave anyways.