Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In general when characters stick around for so long the odds are they will probably stay until the journey is over. But this is not necessarily the case here... Carrot doesn't seem to have any goal bar avenging her family... and all the surpruses the BPM caused. The other SHs have more reasons to keep staying. Regardless it can very well be that Carrot will keep staying in order to pay a debt or something.

A reminder, every single straw hat dream is related to their profession in the crew.

Luffy the captain wants to become PK
Zoro the swordsman wants to be world's strongest
Nami the navigator wants to map the world
Usopp the sniper wants to be the real the sniper king and a brave warrior of the sea
Sanji the cook wants to find the cook's paradise "All Blue"
Chopper the doctor wants to cure every illness
Robin the archeologist wants to find the true history of the world
Franky the shipwright wants to build a dream ship capable of travelling the world
Brook the musician wants to deliver his crew's final performance to his old friend
Jinbe the helmsman wants his people to live on the surface and end discrimination (he'll steer the ship Noah from FMI to the surface at EoS)

And then potentially:

Carrot the lookout wants to see the real wonderland which is the dawn of the new world
Hahaha that carrot explanation sounds too forced haha

But bro, you can say legitimately that that second court on Whole Cake was kinda focused on Carrot, with Pedro's death, the Sulong, her role as a lookout...
The focus was on Pedro when he died, Carrot had a support role to hear his final words and make the scene more impactful.. It was never about Carrot. If Carrot was meant to be special and become a Strawhat, once she went Sulong, she stated that Pedro trained her for that and it would have been shown on panel were she intended to be a Strawhat.. She was never central in the story, even the chapter where she goes Sulong is not named after her, she just there to introduce the Mink's trump card..

The focus was on Pedro when he died, Carrot had a support role to hear his final words and make the scene more impactful.. It was never about Carrot. If Carrot was meant to be special and become a Strawhat, once she went Sulong, she stated that Pedro trained her for that and it would have been shown on panel were she intended to be a Strawhat.. She was never central in the story, even the chapter where she goes Sulong is not named after her, she just there to introduce the Mink's trump card..
What about pedro telling her that she will have her moment of shine and that she will understand why the strawhats is important and her beef with perospero.

What about pedro telling her that she will have her moment of shine and that she will understand why the strawhats is important and her beef with perospero.
Nothing shows he told her specifically, he was talking outloud like someone making a stand or saying something deep for everyone to hear. Shishilian must have been there too and other minks..

He also didn't say that she will understand but THEY will understand as the Strawhats and her why its so important for them to keep going on..

Again it was never about Carrot, it was all about Pedro.

If we are similarize between Pedro and Oden, and comparing with conditions of Carrot and Yamato;
1. Roger did pick Oden from WB but not Pedro (even as apprentice just like Shanks and Buggy)
2. Oden has specialties which is read and write ancient text. And strong enough to be part of the crew. Pedro only a little mink kid, which Roger already has mink people (Inu and Neko) within his crewmate.
Meanwhile, in Carrot-Yamato cases;
1. Yamato did request (insist) joining SH but iirc, Luffy has not yet given any promise to her. While, Carrot succeeded over her mentor Pedro by boarding Sunny with SH to WCI amd Wano. The chances for both of them being a permanent SH Crew is not yet affirm.
2. Yamato not needed to have speciality reading ancient wording. That's Robin job. I also predict that Zoro might obtain ability to carve a words at poneglyph later on. As for Carrot, her fighting style got room for improvement but as of now, her character-wise eclipse with Chopper e.g. Sulong form/Monster Point got conditional time or time limit.
So, now I believe both of them is red herring to be SH Crew.
I vote for somebody else will join SH e.g. Caribou/Drake
Post automatically merged:

I personally doubt carrot will join, but I feel like if weaker people do join they’ll also get power ups to keep up.

For example I’m a big fan of the theory that Vivi will join back. I can see a very simple power up by making Vivi the lookout. her first shot back Oda put her looking out over the sea on a crows nest and since Alabasta knows how to pass on fruits I can see Pell giving her his falcon fruit giving her fantastic eyesight and flight Plus it’d work with her peacock fighting style. Would this make her a massive threat in the new world? Not really but it would make her a potential for fighting the lower levels with robin and brook
Vivi is an Honorary SH. Her role will be the same as Shirahoshi and Momonosuke, being a 'pilot' of ancient weapons Vivi (Pluton), Shirahoshi (Poseidon) and Momo (Uranus)

Last edited:
Vivi is an Honorary SH. Her role will be the same as Shirahoshi and Momonosuke, being a 'pilot' of ancient weapons Vivi (Pluton), Shirahoshi (Poseidon) and Momo (Uranus)
If She wasn’t being hunted by Imu and the world government I’d agree. But right now she really has no options but revolutionary or piracy and I think she’d choose Luffy between the two.

Nothing shows he told her specifically, he was talking outloud like someone making a stand or saying something deep for everyone to hear. Shishilian must have been there too and other minks..
Idk if you’re trolling again or actually being serious but…

Sure in theory he could’ve been talking to anyone but the focus of those panels are on Pedro and carrot so that makes it pretty obvious he’s talking about her

He also didn't say that she will understand but THEY will understand as the Strawhats and her why its so important for them to keep going on..

Again it was never about Carrot, it was all about Pedro.

The dialogue is a flashback to when they were talking right before carrot got on the ship and Pedro went after peros. Carrot says “what do you mean” and the pedro says “YOU’ll realize one day” meaning carrot specifically. The whole scene is Pedro passing his will onto Carrot, not the minks as a whole

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
If I have to choose. I'd pick Yamato then.

Carrot is fucking useless comic relief which there is too much already on the ship.

Even her Sulong form is useless. She couldn't even scratch someone like Perospero and Luffy is meant to attack more and more powerful top dogs.

No time for babysitting trash like Carrot, Nami, or Tama.

If I have to choose. I'd pick Yamato then.

Carrot is fucking useless comic relief which there is too much already on the ship.

Even her Sulong form is useless. She couldn't even scratch someone like Perospero and Luffy is meant to attack more and more powerful top dogs.

No time for babysitting trash like Carrot, Nami, or Tama.
It would just be nice if there wasn't so much incompetence for many characters.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It would just be nice if there wasn't so much incompetence for many characters.
At this point of the story. Characters like Nami, Usopp are just fucking useless. The amount of plot armor and inconsistency Oda went thru to keep them alive is fucking insane.

Nami who is fragile and weak as all hell tanks hybrid Ulti's headbutt which almost pushed Luffy to G4 if not for Yamato.

The same Ulti that tanks CoC infused punch from a Yonko and still stands up after just to be finished by a fucking lightning from comic relief talking cloud.

Tell me that this manga is not going childish downhill....

But to the point. Carrot is just a useless character that brings nothing but more comic relief to the crew. She would become new weakling trio with usopp and Nami.

At this point of the story. Characters like Nami, Usopp are just fucking useless. The amount of plot armor and inconsistency Oda went thru to keep them alive is fucking insane.

Nami who is fragile and weak as all hell tanks hybrid Ulti's headbutt which almost pushed Luffy to G4 if not for Yamato.

The same Ulti that tanks CoC infused punch from a Yonko and still stands up after just to be finished by a fucking lightning from comic relief talking cloud.

Tell me that this manga is not going childish downhill....

But to the point. Carrot is just a useless character that brings nothing but more comic relief to the crew. She would become new weakling trio with usopp and Nami.
I basically agree. It's a whole lot of stupid bullshit.

The worst thing that could actually happen to Yamato is to be a Mugi.
You'll want cooler things for her, and will get nothing comparable to what she could do alone on a Cover Story.

I think most of us would accept Carrot joining if she actually had a character arc. Being naive and wanting to go out to the sea isn’t one. The fact that Yamato in just a couple of chapters managed to lay the foundation for one highlights the disservice Oda has done to Carrot

so don’t blame us for not liking her, blame Oda
Or you just a furry hater.........

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
The worst thing that could actually happen to Yamato is to be a Mugi.
You'll want cooler things for her, and will get nothing comparable to what she could do alone on a Cover Story.
Well, I think everyone understands that even if she joins the SH crew she will be reduced to comic relief/toy selling character.

As long as she doesn't fight ofc.

dk if you’re trolling again or actually being serious but…

Sure in theory he could’ve been talking to anyone but the focus of those panels are on Pedro and carrot so that makes it pretty obvious he’s talking about her
The focus is more on Pedro, the first line he's adressing to Shishilian by saying, soitsu meaning that one and indirectly speaking of Carrot. And that's for this reason Shishilian reponds by telling Pedro not to but in..

The second line he's talking generally not involving Carrot, The means matters not, one must become a strong warrior. Steel yourself! Someone's turn will definitely come!!

Its sort of the reverse proverb of, the end doesn't justify the means..

The dialogue is a flashback to when they were talking right before carrot got on the ship and Pedro went after peros. Carrot says “what do you mean” and the pedro says “YOU’ll realize one day” meaning carrot specifically. The whole scene is Pedro passing his will onto Carrot, not the minks as a whole
Again he's talking in a broadly manner while Carrot listening and questioning without direct reply.
Someday it will be understood how much important it is for Luffy's group to survive and continue their journey!! Listen, you lot must keep going forward!!

SHE, Carrot doesn't have to personally uncover the meaning, its Pedro's final words via a sort of prophecy for the readers.. He didn't pass on his will to Carrot, that's absurd..

The focus is more on Pedro, the first line he's adressing to Shishilian by saying, soitsu meaning that one and indirectly speaking of Carrot. And that's for this reason Shishilian reponds by telling Pedro not to but in..

The second line he's talking generally not involving Carrot, The means matters not, one must become a strong warrior. Steel yourself! Someone's turn will definitely come!!

Its sort of the reverse proverb of, the end doesn't justify the means..

It’s a general statement that’s being used in a moment about Pedro and Carrot, said in a moment that is focusing on Carrot , which means even though he’s speaking generally Oda is inferring that these words are meant for Carrot not the minks as a whole…

not sure what you mean in that last line

Again he's talking in a broadly manner while Carrot listening and questioning without direct reply.
Someday it will be understood how much important it is for Luffy's group to survive and continue their journey!! Listen, you lot must keep going forward!!

SHE, Carrot doesn't have to personally uncover the meaning, its Pedro's final words via a sort of prophecy for the readers.. He didn't pass on his will to Carrot, that's absurd..

If he wasn’t passing his will on to carrot, why did oda have Pedro saying these words to her and not to peros in his last moments? Why is carrot the only one remembering these words 100+ chapters later, multiple times?

I actually think it’s more absurd that you’re trying to make carrot irrelevant in a moment that was very clearly about her and Pedro, just because you dont
want her to have any sort of character arc since that would hurt your argument against her lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.