• ⭐️

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Fantastic chapter.

It feels like a lot progressed this chapter. The Ice Oni subplot concluded, Luffy is quickly making it to the top, Marco has finally arrived to the main battlefield, and Kaido's raised the stakes to a whole other level.

Starting it off, though, with the star of the chapter Roronoa Zoro. His quiet journey around Wano is slowly paying off. At the beginning of the arc, Luffy and Zoro met and befriended O-Kiku, who tended to Zoro's injuries against Hawkins, and later fought together in order to save Tama, who was captured by Holdem and his men.

These moments that were accused of wasting time were necessary seeds to make us care about any of the character's motivations moving forward. And seeing what might've happened to Kiku and the rest of the Scabbards, in addition to the chaos below, spurred Zoro on to get serious. He returned order and stopped the plague of the virus in a snap, while declaring his intentions of cutting down Kaido. Great moment all around, and solidifies the protagonistic role he's had this entire arc.

Next up would be Chopper who pulled his weight as a doctor. While Zoro might've procured the antidote, Chopper managed to understand its mechanisms and help slow the plague's freezing process down using flames. Marco came just in time to help with that, but this was still a Chopper moment as he came up with the solution. He also agrees to help treat the enemies infected, meaning they could be incline to switch sides. That includes Apoo, who has already been disowned by Queen, meaning he'll have no choice but to become an ally. Chopper treating him might convince him more, with the possibility for growth as well.

Between Zoro's proclamation and these Apoo developments, the chances of every WG on Wano teaming up to face the Emperors, is looking more likely. It'd be a poetic old vs new showdown, a changing of the guard, as the rookies make the seas their's now.

That said, they won't have it easy. Kaido, almost in response to Zoro's words, performs an insane show of power by lifting Onigashima in its entirety. Not only is this balls to the wall insane, but it's easily raised the stakes as Kaido already plans to wipe out Wano and replace it with his headquarters. This has all but eliminated any chance of the raid failing. (Shame this dropped so soon, since I wanted to make a thread on why the raid wouldn't fail, but oh well, this should convince people.). The reason for this is if the raid fails, then Wano is finished, most of its populace wiped out by an island dropping on top of them, and eliminating the only prosperous district. Luffy and co MUST win here or they and everyone on Wano are dead. Kaido is a madman who isn't playing any games. This is what a war should feel like.

But to follow up on Kaido, Yamato remarks on the unique traits of dragons. It fuels the speculations on what Kaido is, though I'll wait on the official translations for clarity, as Yamato's phrasing on the fan scans makes it sound like they aren't a dragon.

Last thing I want to talk about is Sanji and his encounter with Black Maria. The way the whole thing went, it appeared as if they were luring Sanji specifically. Black Maria appears to have this interest in him. It could be related to Sanji's Vinsmoke lineage, which Queen already showed knowledge and interest of. And if Queen ordered Maria and her troops to capture Sanji, then Sanji/Queen might be just around the corner.

In short, awesome chapter. There's just so much happening in it to keep us going during the 2 week break period. The last few chapters have actually been great, with a lot of strong character moments and moving plot points. It has me wonder just how amazing 1000 might be.

So what do you think Yamato's game plan will be now? She's either got to do something about moving the Island or dropping off Momo and shinobu somewhere safe and out of sight or bringing them back to the battlefield... what else.
Tbh, I think they are done till beginning of Act 4, and some predicament on mainland Wano (someone stealing Momo again) will force her to fight that person. She seems poised to at least talk or confront her father at least once. And there is also the possibility she fights a Big Mom Pirate member like Smoothie if they actually show up.

At this point, not sure about a lot of characters, aside form believing each Strawhat will fight an important Beast Pirate member (F6/Calamities)

What did you think of the feat of kaido?
Was it something you expected from the guy who holds the title of YONKOUS and over time has been losing expectations?Or did you always expect something like that from him? and kept high expectations?
its an impressive feat
but changes nothing for me personally.
there are yonkos who can do this
and others who cant.
and they are still relatively the same level. what can change my mind is seeing how these abilities work in battle. old wb could still tilt mf and and the ocean around it and that didnt help him in tanking cannons, or any of his fights...
Post automatically merged:

its like is eos luffy > kaido . yes def
is eos luffy lifting an island no. ....
lol

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
its an impressive feat
and others who cant.
and they are still relatively the same level. what can change my mind is seeing how these abilities work in battle. old wb could still tilt mf and and the ocean around it and that didnt help him in tanking cannons, or any of his fights...

lol
What is the reborn informer alliance? saw it in your sig 😅

What is the reborn informer alliance? saw it in your sig 😅
lol
we do everything in the forum from providing spoilers (Bangmi)
to mafia ( tobi, tris, melontonin , fuji,zara)
to memes/shitpost (light, akai)
to moderating on the site (natalija, kiwipom , rayan)
to providing udon content (calypso , K!ng harashima)
to yamato hate (seth)
to zkk(marimo , yj)
to sanji stanning (tobi, bangmi)
etc
every person has a different role ,started by @Reborn

lo
997: Kaido moves onigashima

nobody:
Absolutely nobody:
Tyler: Law will swap Wano with Onigashima and save Wano
lol you watched brago's stream

K

Kaido D. Stronger

its an impressive feat
and others who cant.

lol
The realization of kaido requires incredible strength (energy). If we compare something of a smaller proportion, for example: we have JOZU and his ICE block, which forced Akainu to carry out a named attack to stop, which scared several VC admirals, and does not compare with what Kaido did here, all this energy (force ) casually, even after defeating 9 potentially very powerful samurai.
Should I assume that FUJITORA trying to crush pirates with stones is useless too? He tried to do that in Dressrosa.:kayneshrug:

Thanks buddy.:cheers:

Hawkins didn't even have his dolls. For all we know he could have been jumped by Law and his assailant. Just because Zoro's able to make quick work when he wants to turn the heat up a little doesn't suddenly mean everyone else can have a similarly easier time.
Seems like a double standard. We know for a fact Zoro had help from Drake on-panel, Drake was literally in the middle of clashing with Apoo, yet we credit Zoro's strength that he defeated Apoo. Which I completely agree with, by the way.

Law had no on-panel help from anyone, other than being released from the cell, and this comes after Law had been in seastone cuffs being drained and interrogated for hours, yet Law had no problem defeating Hawkins. Law clearly beat Hawkins on every level: mental, and physical.

uh zoro and apoo had nothing to do with law. so no
one was on panel
the other was not
Law made hawkins fade to black my dude :cheers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.